Clueless Tunes - Classic Car Shootout (WE'RE DONE! Thank you all)

• Thread starter krenkme
  • 682 comments
I've gone and given my Europa some new colours, so I can give it a fitting name. :sly: Currently taking pictures, but won't have it submitted just yet. Might put it down fully tomorrow, but now there isn't a lot of time so can't submit it just yet.

Well, you might want to give the thing some better gear ratios first. It's like it has 3 separate gearboxes. 1st and 2nd is 'one gearbox', then there's a small but noticeable gap in the shift to the 'second gearbox', which has 3rd and 4th, then there's an almighty moment of lag as it shifts into the 'third gearbox' which is 5th, which is basically a cruise gear. :lol: Basically, either 2nd is too short/3rd is too long and 5th is definitely too long.

Edit: Tris, really good job on the Mustang. It's so controllable, it makes both my efforts look rather wild and scary, and that Cougar is fairly tame already. It's so easy to drive smooth and fast, running a low 1:48 on the 2nd lap with plenty more time to take off. You've taken a muscle car and turned it into a very, very easy to drive sports cruiser. <-- Yup, new type of car I just made up. :P One more thing, not that relevant, but good choice of exhaust as well. I'm mildly addicted to that rasp and bark now.

Last edited:
Thanks praiano!👍👍
I'm looking forward to your feedback during the shootout.:D

If you feel up to risking your life I have the Intercepter and 2002 on share...:scared:

The Jensen isn't to bad just very big, the BMW is a psycho killer but very quick if you can keep it all together and pointed the right way.:crazy:

It seems that for this light cars low to medium PP, light weight is the enemy. I was 1'49 with my Alpine A110 with weight reduction 3 + small ballast. Just adding 108 kg position +20 ,bringing the total weight at 755kg, and more 50 HP ,my time went to low 1'45"200 same 500PP.

Lightweight + low HP = very bad for Performance points.

It seems that for this light cars low to medium PP, light weight is the enemy. I was 1'49 with my Alpine A110 with weight reduction 3 + small ballast. Just adding 108 kg position +20 ,bringing the total weight at 755kg, and more 50 HP ,my time went to low 1'45"200 same 500PP.

Lightweight + low HP = very bad for Performance points.
This is something that has been talked about before, most recently in my PP Optimization thread. With PD's formulas for PP you see a larger change in the PP from changes in weight below about 900kg than from HP. From around 900 - 1000kg they seem to carry about equal weight. Above that point you see greater changes with HP. It's because of this that I believe a car like the BMW 2002 is probably the fastest choice for this shootout since it has a very good balance of HP for acceleration and top speeds yet is light enough to carve corners at higher speeds.

Red Delicious Lamborghini Countach LP400 '74 Elite
M7bl7.jpg

350BHP - 500PP - 1096KG

What to buy:
Spoiler A
Fully Custom Transmission
LSD
Twin Plate Clutch
Semi Racing Flywheel
Fully Custom Suspension
Sports Soft Tires

The Tune

Ballast:
Amount: 31KG
Position: -50

Aero:
0/7

Transmission:
1st Gear - 3.009
2nd Gear - 2.242
3rd Gear - 1.679
4th Gear - 1.336
5th Gear - 1.072
Final Gear - 4.265
Top Speed 162Mph (After changes 144Mph)

LSD:
Initial Torque - 12
Acceleration - 34
Braking - 11

Suspension:
Ride Height: -25/-20
Spring Rate: 11.6/12.6
Dampers Ext.: 7/4
Dampers Comp: 9/4
Anti-Roll Bars: 7/5
Camber Angle: 1.1/1.3
Toe Angle: -0.02/0.08

Brake Balance:
3/7

Comments:
Tuned for the Classic car shootout this Countach is an unexpected canditate for this event as I don't believe anybody else choose this car to use (as of yet). This car is surprisingly fun and easy to drive it is also really good on Cote D'Azur. This car has no power upgrades (not even an oil change or Engine restoration) and had some ballast to allow for the spoiler at 500PP.

Extra:
Max. Torque: 34kgfm/5500RPM
Drivetrain: MR
Power to Weight Ratio: 3.07kg/BHP

Last edited:
Nice pick on the Lambo. I considered that car and it does just make it without oil change. Kudos for picking an unexpected car. I found a few other cars that I could tune for a bit faster lap time, but the Lambo will be competitive.

Nice pick on the Lambo. I considered that car and it does just make it without oil change. Kudos for picking an unexpected car. I found a few other cars that I could tune for a bit faster lap time, but the Lambo will be competitive.

It was either going to be the Countach or the Z28 Camaro... I decided to go with the Countach as the last time I went around Cote D'Azur in it I got a 1.44.4XX which blew away my Camaro and that meant I got to choose the unexpected car as well. :D

It was either going to be the Countach or the Z28 Camaro... I decided to go with the Countach as the last time I went around Cote D'Azur in it I got a 1.44.4XX which blew away my Camaro and that meant I got to choose the unexpected car as well. :D

After a quick run, your lambo is 1 second faster than the 2 camaro Z28 , 1'41"500 in 3 laps. Well done. I was 1.40 with my Miura but this 🤬🤬 power limiter ............... I've test the countach but mine didn't go so low in PP.:ouch:
Well done.

BMW 2002 Turbo '73 "zucken"

azuroh.jpg

azur1c.jpg

Found in the Used car Dealership

339bhp
500pp
289 ft. lb. @5200 RPM of torque
weight 945 Kg

parts

Auto
Engine Overhaul
Paint - Schwarz
Rear Aero
weight Reduction
Stage 3
Window
Engine
Stage 3
ECU
Intake
Manifold
Racing Filter
Exhaust
Semi-Racing
Manifold
Turbo
High RPM
Gears
Custom
Drivetrain
Twin Plate
Semi-Racing
LSD
Suspention
Custom
Tires
Sport Soft (S3)

ABS = 1
everything else off

Tune
Rear Downforce - 18
Weight Adjustment - 27 @ 50
LSD- 8/12/12

GearingIn this order please
Top Speed - 149
Final - 5.000
1st - 2.405
2nd - 1.613
3rd - 1.280
4th - 0.973
5th - 0.765

Ride Hight - Front: -25 Rear: -5
Spring Rate- Front: 8.2 Rear: 4.2
Extention- Front: 8 Rear: 7
Compression- Front: 6 Rear: 7
Anti-roll Bars- Front: 3 Rear: 4
Camber- Front: 1.8 Rear: 2.5
Toe Angle- Front: -0.12 Rear: 0.14
Brakes- Front: 8 Rear: 7

NOTES -
This is a tune made just for Concours D'Elegance@Cote De'Azure Classic Car shootout. A little Twitchy, but not as bad as you'd think. Tires fade fast, so testers your fast lap will most likly come in the first two or so. Enjoy?... :dopey:

this is my entry into the photo poll.
azur2.jpg

Nice car Krenkme. I thought you might choose the SLS on share a very good car also.

I should have my lil Stingray ready soon.

Nice car Krenkme. I thought you might choose the SLS on share a very good car also.

lulwut? No sls in the 70's :P

And could I get someone to test the revised version of my kitty? :D

It was a hard choice to make, but it came down to the BMW was faster. But the Merc just looks so good :drool:

lulwut? No sls in the 70's :P

And could I get someone to test the revised version of my kitty? :D

I think he ment my SL 300 (still on share for anyone to try :dopey: ).

I don't know if I'll get a chance before the Deadline (3 days away :nervous: ), but if I do find some time till then I'll give it another run 👍

So has anyone risked a test drive spin in either my Jensen or BMW I have on share?:crazy:

So has anyone risked a test drive spin in either my Jensen or BMW I have on share?:crazy:

Nope. Too scared. :lol: But the Panther has a really weird brake balance…3/7? It makes the back very twitchy when you brake. May be just be standing on the pedal/brake switch too hard though.

Nope. Too scared. :lol: But the Panther has a really weird brake balance&#8230;3/7? It makes the back very twitchy when you brake. May be just be standing on the pedal/brake switch too hard though.
Yep your standing on the brakes way to hard.:D Because of its comparatively low HP you don't want to slow down more than absolutely necessary, so find your braking zones and ease into the brakes. You can give it a little more brakes late if needed to aid turn in as the fronts aren't as quick to lock up and lose traction. The only way for this car to be even semi competitive is to maximize its cornering potential and run it cleanly. You just don't have the power and acceleration to muscle your way around the track so you have to look for precision driving lines and smooth throttle, brake and steering inputs.👍👍

Yes that's a crazy :crazy: idea for a Wallbanger tune I know...:D

Of course if your not as concerned with hotlapping times the "Pink Panther" is a lot of fun to thrash about a track with as you can throw it into corners rather vigerously without worrying about losing control.👍👍

Currently on share is another remake of a GT4 tune...

Someone test it and let me know how it runs.

Ok…gave it a quick spin. It's…I don't know, it doesn't really inspire confidence at times, but it handles much better than before…or rather, it actually handles. It still feels a bit detached and the back lets go very easily, but it's much more agile than it looks to be. It's also pretty good fun, I could (sort of) chuck it about with only a bit of smoke from the tyres, though I think it's a bit loose for something that's so enormous. Especially when the track is so small.

And what happened to the 500hp we were promised? It only runs 480! Or is it faster this way?

Might get my old C2 'Vette up. Found it in my garage, means I don't have to bother tuning anything since I made it 500pp anyways...

Go with the Jensen, lovely car, drives very nicely. I am biased by Nationality, obviously ;)

Thanks for also inadvertently cluing me into where my car was going wrong. In way of a prelude to the car I've chosen, I'd like to share this video I made a few years ago. You might want to turn the volume down a little...

{Cy}

Go with the Jensen, lovely car, drives very nicely. I am biased by Nationality, obviously ;)

Thanks for also inadvertently cluing me into where my car was going wrong. In way of a prelude to the car I've chosen, I'd like to share this video I made a few years ago. You might want to turn the volume down a little...

{Cy}
Looking forward to seeing your Chevelle.

Already went with the Alpine as my entry, just thought some might like trying out my other top choices of possible entries. Will publish the tunes for the Jensen and BMW a bit later, although publishing the 2002 tune might not be doing anyone a favor...kind of like publishing the schematics for a bomb, interesting but lethal!:lol::crazy::lol:

Theo777 Final Entry: Plymouth Superbird '70 "BATMOBILE"

cotedazur5.jpg

found in the used car dealership

GT Auto
Chassis Maintenance
Engine Rebuild
Paint: Berlina Black
Wheels: Enkei JS+M painted: Black

Tuning Shop
Chassis Reinforcement
ECU Tuning
Sports Intake Manifold
Sports Air Filter
Sports Exhaust
Fully Customizable Transmission
Clutch: Twin-Plate
Flywheel: Semi-Racing
Adjustable LSD
Carbon Drive Shaft
Fully Customizable Suspension

Power: 501 hp
Torque: 545 ft-lbs
Weight: 1807 kg
PP: 499pp

Power Limiter: 100%
Ballast: 52kg/+50
Aero: 0/0

Transmission
select default
Final Gear: Stock
Top Speed: 99
1st: 3.630
2nd: 2.677
3rd: 2.095
4th: 1.677
5th: 1.372
Final Gear: 2.431
Top Speed will be:146mph

Drivetrain
LSD Rear: 7/14/5

Suspension
Ride Height: -22/-22
Spring Rate: 14.0/10.5
Extension: 8/6
Compression: 8/6
Anti-Roll: 5/4
Camber: 2.0/1.8
Toe: -0.20/0.05

Brake Balance: 5/6

Tires: Sports Soft

Theo777 love the Bird!👍👍

Thought about doing a refine of my own overgrown cannary but decided to go European for this shootout since there was lots of talk about American muscle cars leading up to it.:D

Looking forward to seeing your Chevelle.

Already went with the Alpine as my entry, just thought some might like trying out my other top choices of possible entries. Will publish the tunes for the Jensen and BMW a bit later, although publishing the 2002 tune might not be doing anyone a favor...kind of like publishing the schematics for a bomb, interesting but lethal!:lol::crazy::lol:

The Beemer is like a cigar with a fire-cracker hidden inside it. You can enjoy the smoke, but you also know at some point, it's gonna go bang..!!

I'll give the Alpine a blast as well. I'm going to have one last session with the Chevelle (after making some notes) and then I'll put it up. I can run your Jensen and my Chevelle into the 1:47s. Not as fast as some times I've seen touted here, but frankly I hate the track. I can see where time can be made by a better driver than myself. Plus I find it hugely demoralising when I'm chasing a ghost with which I nailed the first corner perfectly. Watching that fat arse sashay up the hill kinda takes the wind outta my sails...

{Cy}

The Beemer is like a cigar with a fire-cracker hidden inside it. You can enjoy the smoke, but you also know at some point, it's gonna go bang..!!

I'll give the Alpine a blast as well. I'm going to have one last session with the Chevelle (after making some notes) and then I'll put it up. I can run your Jensen and my Chevelle into the 1:47s. Not as fast as some times I've seen touted here, but frankly I hate the track. I can see where time can be made by a better driver than myself. Plus I find it hugely demoralising when I'm chasing a ghost with which I nailed the first corner perfectly. Watching that fat arse sashay up the hill kinda takes the wind outta my sails...

{Cy}
Yeah I hate chasing my own ghost up the hill but what's worse is when you've nailed the first couple of sectors and are comfortably ahead of your ghost only to mess up in the chicane or worse yet one of the last two corners and see your ghost go sailing by...:drool:

Yeah I hate chasing my own ghost up the hill

This is what happened when I tried your Jensen vs my Batmobile ghost... the 6-speed manual in your Jensen beat the Superbird's 5-speed by a few mph it up that hill. :yuck::dopey: Here's my quick take on your 500pp Jensen Interceptor.

Course: Cote d'Azur
Car(Tuner): Jensen Interceptor MkIII '74(XDesperados67)
Best Lap: 1:48.010

Feedback: The car is perfect on the first half of the course nailing speed, acceleration, and handling for a tuned muscle car. The only negative thing about this car is the throttle response and handling during mid-speed acceleration out of corners on the second half of the course. My guess is a good driver with a wheel and pedal set may solve this problem. It felt nice and nimble for a car of 1832kgs.
Well done! 👍

Thanks for the feedback Theo777. Glad you enjoyed it.
Really did think I was going to use it as my entry until I saw those 3 Alpine's sitting in my garage, all at 0/0/0 and just begging to be given a proper tune by someone that actually likes them.:D

Unfortunately they had to settle for ole Harvey Wallbanger cranking wrenches at random.:lol:

Alright, I have a few moments (waiting for a shower) so I'll be updating the most recent tunes. (looks like we have a good variety of tunes 👍 )

Note to testers: If a tune has been posted, and is on share, feel free to start testing now. Make sure you are friends, or have a FR in on PSN.

Note to tuners: Only two days left, so lets get them in. :D

Great job so far everyone 👍

-'night :dopey:

EDIT - Jackthalad, I saw you posted a tune in your garage, but not here. Is that your entry? (nice Stratos by the way :D )

Last edited:
Not to confuse anyone or anything...but here is a picture and link to a tune for the American "Muscle Car" I would have used if I hadn't decided to go French instead.:lol::crazy:

Everyone has to love a "Purple Goat"!👍👍
Currently on share.:D

Last edited:
Back