Clueless Tunes - Classic Car Shootout (WE'RE DONE! Thank you all)

• Thread starter krenkme
  • 682 comments
Jenson Interceptor?

Another one I thought about. There's a guy (has to be a guy, I refuse to believe it's a woman) a few streets down from me, who restores Interceptors. He's got about half a dozen carcasses on his drive. Always makes me smile when I walk the dog past his house...

{Cy}

Can I get someone to send me as high mileage of a Superbird and 440 Charger as possible?

Charger has a 300k km version, dunno about the Superbird. Need both for testing, unrestored.

Can I get someone to send me as high mileage of a Superbird and 440 Charger as possible?

Charger has a 300k km version, dunno about the Superbird. Need both for testing, unrestored.

I'll see what I've got, Sir...

{Cy}

EDIT: - Will a Superbird with 54k miles on the clock do..?? No changes. My thumb is hovering over the send button...

Last edited:

Sorry I sold all my high mileage cars including my muscle cars.:embarrassed:

I'll watch my UCD for them though.👍👍

Sounds like this is going to be a unique and interesting competition and I wish I had the time for this Shootout but sadly I'm just swamped with work and can't make the time to find and tune a car. I'd really like to test drive again as I really enjoyed it in the Ton's of Fun but no way I'll have time for that. I've only had GT5 on once in the last two weeks and seems I only have time for the Alfa Zagato Cup these days and nothing else.

Good luck to everyone!!! Going to be interesting to see which car wins:sly:

This is my favorite for the moment, Muscle domination in this range of PP and years, due to "NO" power limiter .

azur12.jpg

Ok my car will be this Camaro Z28 '69 premium,it's ready now, i'll publish the tune on sunday i think, i don't see any date ,only the dead line day 11 ??

For the picture ? we need to send it by PM to make a pool like the last time??

EDIT: I think i'll have time to be a test driver. OK !!

Thanks for the borrow, Roj! 👍 I was able to narrow down that I simply suck at Monaco. :embarrassed: And don't worry about the scratches, they'll buff out...mostly.

Also found the car I will use, just need some more "seat time" to tune it. It is one of my old A-Spec cars that I used for some of the lower level and American races, though I had to remove a couple of parts to get back to 500pp. It handles better than I remember and, of course, will blind poor Onboy with its color. :D

praiano63

You may send them to me by pm if you wish, but I believe krenkme wants them posted with the tune as well.

Oi XDesperado, I'm not RJ! You know what I'm talking about. :P
Yeah realized that after I hit send.:lol:

Keep it or send it on to RJ, doesn't matter to me. Was busy cleaning out the last of my over 20k miles cars to free up space when I came across that beauty.:sly:

Now I'm working on getting my garage under 10k miles.:D:crazy:

So if there are any standard cars (non race cars) that anyone is looking for let me know and I'll see if I have one in the 10k - 19.999k range.👍👍
Otherwise they just get sold when I need to free up more space in my garage.:odd:

As for my entry here I've got a tight 3 way battle going between some great cars and might add a couple more. The top two are less than .01 seconds apart and the third is about .5 seconds behind but is still getting broken in. (Not sure how I ended up with 3 copies of this last standard all at 0/0/0:odd:) The fastest is a real psycho that requires some delicacy with the throttle and steering if you want to survive, the second is much more civilized but its larger size makes it a bit tougher to maneuver through the tighter spots on the track, particularly the chicane after the tunnel. The third is the easiest to drive but may not have enough umph to compete due to it's lack of weight.

Can I throw my lot in as a tuner please? I've been waiting for this shootout for ages, but in the midst of minor home renovations completely forgot about it until I saw my entry on the way home from the hardware today (first one I've seen IRL).

I'll also try to test, but not sure I'll have the time to complete. I won't post anything until I've finished the lot, and will start with the tuners already on my list only sending needed FRs if I get to them. Ok by you krenkme?

Ok my car will be this Camaro Z28 '69 premium,it's ready now, i'll publish the tune on sunday i think, i don't see any date ,only the dead line day 11 ??

EDIT: I think i'll have time to be a test driver. OK !!

Please post your pic with the tune and I'll put you in as a driver as well 👍

Can I throw my lot in as a tuner please? I've been waiting for this shootout for ages, but in the midst of minor home renovations completely forgot about it until I saw my entry on the way home from the hardware today (first one I've seen IRL).

I'll also try to test, but not sure I'll have the time to complete. I won't post anything until I've finished the lot, and will start with the tuners already on my list only sending needed FRs if I get to them. Ok by you krenkme?

Glag to have you! Tuna and tester, sound good 👍

Also anyone try my cars yet? Not sure which to go with:nervous::dunce::dopey:

I hate Bambi's girlfriends!:mad:

Almost had a freezer full of venison this morning when a stupid doe decided to make a kamakazi run in front of my jeep.:scared::mad::nervous:

Luckily I was able to get on the brakes hard enough for us both to live through the encounter unlike the last time a year and a half ago.:yuck: That one cost the insurance close to 5k just for repairs plus the tow and rental car.

Need to weld a brush guard/ram plate to my frame, then I'll have a steady supply of meat.:crazy:

Krenkme I'll be sending the B-day girl a car in a couple hours. Wishing her the best and thanking her again for the F.I.T.T. banners.:D:tup:👍

I have tuned three cars and love them all. I tuned them using the DS3 that I have been using for the past year and all three tunes are awesome. I just bought a G27 and made a race rig. I tried my tunes last night on the wheel and they are nearly undriveable. Back to the drawing board.

Do we know how many drivers for this competition use wheels or DS3?

I have tuned three cars and love them all. I tuned them using the DS3 that I have been using for the past year and all three tunes are awesome. I just bought a G27 and made a race rig. I tried my tunes last night on the wheel and they are nearly undriveable. Back to the drawing board.

Do we know how many drivers for this competition use wheels or DS3?

Well…I'll try to fill it out like this for you.

Onboy123 - DS3
Wildheart90 - DS3 (maybe)
Jackthalad - Wheel of sorts (maybe)
krenkme - DS3
C-ZETA - DS3
VTiRoj - DS3
DigitalBaka - DS3
Theo777 - DS3
Motor City Hami - bit of both
XDesperado67 - DS3
Rotary Junkie - DFGT (mirite?)
CyKosis1973 - DS3
Dragonthing - DS3
praiano63 - G27
Dylans1o - DS3
ACSR421 - Dunno…maybe DS3, but my best guess is a wheel
CSLACR - Wheel…guessing G27
NightHaunter - no clue
tris_73 - bit of both

XDesperado67
I hate Bambi's girlfriends!:mad:

Almost had a freezer full of venison this morning when a stupid doe decided to make a kamakazi run in front of my jeep.:scared::mad::nervous:

Luckily I was able to get on the brakes hard enough for us both to live through the encounter unlike the last time a year and a half ago.:yuck: That one cost the insurance close to 5k just for repairs plus the tow and rental car.

Need to weld a brush guard/ram plate to my frame, then I'll have a steady supply of meat.:crazy:

Krenkme I'll be sending the B-day girl a car in a couple hours. Wishing her the best and thanking her again for the F.I.T.T. banners.:D:tup:👍

I totaled my Rig a few years back. I hit a moose :yuck:. Weird thing was that not only did I have to get a new truck, I also had to pay a $1,200 fine for killing it :mad:

Thanks I'm sure she'll love it 👍 (will it be pink by chance :dopey:.)

Also, XDesperado: That's what you get for driving a Liberty. If you had an old Cherokee, or better yet a Wrangler, it would've cost less than your deductible to fix. :P

Also, XDesperado: That's what you get for driving a Liberty. If you had an old Cherokee, or better yet a Wrangler, it would've cost less than your deductible to fix. :P
Uhm no...replacing the grill, radiator, air con unit, fans, hood and bumper covers...basically everything in front of the engine block except the headlights and fenders, luckily it was a small one (only about 150lbs/70kg) so it went under the truck instead of over my hood and into the windshield.:scared:

The one today was full grown and about 250lbs/120kg and not likely to go under...luckily I had just made a delivery so was going a lot slower than last year. Gave me time to kill what speed I did have in time to not do more than scare us both.:embarrassed:

@krenkme yes it will definitely be pink!:D:tup:👍

@krenkme having problems connecting to the internet currently, please tell the B-day girl that as soon as I can get the tune for the car posted with a photo and connect again I'll send her the car.👍👍

For all you fans of old comedies here is a clue as to the identity of my gift to Kate and entry for this fine Clueless Tunes - Classic Car Shootout.:D

The car will be named "The Pink Panther".

Probably not the fastest of my three possible choices but it is I think the easiest to drive fast and has a certain bit of unique style and flare to it.:D:gtpflag:

Desperado, you just stole one of my possible name choices for one of my possible cars. >_>

I will smack you if it is what I think it might be.

:lol: :lol: that was fun!!!
I assume you're talking about the green one :dopey:

My two choices are now on share if anyone would like to have a go. The Black one and the Blue one (feel free to try the Orange one as well :dopey: )

If I have more time I'll be trying everyones cars that are on share. Thanks,

Here are my quick takes after running each of krenkme's tunes for at least three laps.
Disclamer: I am not the best driver in the world but, I try to give a fair chance for all things automotive.:)

Black one: Feels very good on most sections of the track. I only encountered a slight bit of wheel spin and miniscule amount of understeer. Transmission feels great on all parts of the course.
Lap time: 1:46.918

Blue one: This car is you’re fastest car on the straight sections of track. My driving style might not be suited to the car as my cornering speed was rather slow relative to other cars I have tested. The car feels much faster than I was able to go. Maybe a much better time is achievable with someone who knew how to drive Cote d’Azur. :banghead:
Lap time 1:49.497

Orange German one: Handling is neutral with good turn in and allows for mid-corner corrections. The gearing is great as it will hit 100mph downhill without too much trouble. :D Obviously not as quick as the other two but the lap times were very good.
Lap time: 1:52.348

I would choose the black automobile for its overall speed and very good driver feedback.👍

Back