Clueless Tunes - Classic Car Shootout (WE'RE DONE! Thank you all)

• Thread starter krenkme
  • 682 comments
VTiRoj*
Very sedated for a muscle car. There's not much oversteer, but it feels a bit joyless to drive…it's not a bad car, but it just seemed to push a bit rather than loosen up when you slowed from high speed. And the brakes felt rather weak.

You say it like that's a bad thing! :lol: Because it handles more like a 90's Camaro than a 60's one, it can actually put down decent laps and not be a handful to drive. It will kick it's tail out if you push hard enough though, but kicking out the tail isn't advisable on Monaco.

And I still don't agree about the brakes. :P

You say it like that's a bad thing! :lol: Because it handles more like a 90's Camaro than a 60's one, it can actually put down decent laps and not be a handful to drive. It will kick it's tail out if you push hard enough though, but kicking out the tail isn't advisable on Monaco.

And I still don't agree about the brakes. :P

It is! If we're talking about driver's choice. :lol: And it's copy and paste, I haven't got any clue if you've changed the tune or not in the time between that first test and when the testing began, so that could be why. But as PSN is being the royal 🤬 that it has been to me for the past weeks, I can't login and check. :grumpy:

It is! If we're talking about driver's choice. :lol: And it's copy and paste, I haven't got any clue if you've changed the tune or not in the time between that first test and when the testing began, so that could be why. But as PSN is being the royal 🤬 that it has been to me for the past weeks, I can't login and check. :grumpy:

I don't expect to be anyone's driver's choice anyway so I'm purely after laptimes here. :lol: I've not changed the brakes at all since the car first went up on share, should still be 5/6.

I don't expect to be anyone's driver's choice anyway so I'm purely after laptimes here. :lol: I've not changed the brakes at all since the car first went up on share, should still be 5/6.

Well, in that case…I can't be sure as PSN WON'T BLEEDING CONNECT!!!!

And yes, the brakes were 5/6 the last time I checked. Not sure about the rest of the tune when compared to the first test though.

VTiRoj

I thought you were after the Beat? :dopey::lol:

I love the Idea of the Photo Competition as well! (My Picture got 4 votes :D)

Thanks for including the Leaderboard in the 2nd post Krenkme... very handy indeed. :)

Also my PSN is: Dylan_95_09..

Dylans1o
I love the Idea of the Photo Competition as well! (My Picture got 4 votes :D)

Thanks for including the Leaderboard in the 2nd post Krenkme... very handy indeed. :)

Also my PSN is: Dylan_95_09..

You are welcome. I was trying to make a fun and easy shootout. I hope everyone has enjoyed it so far.

Sent you a FR a couple hours ago. If you got it and excepted, I will test it soon. (Daughters karate class right now) :dopey:

EDIT - the photo idea started with DigitalBaka so the thanks should go to him 👍

Could put in some laps with the following cars:

RJ´s Z28 1:43.6

Nice acceleration and Speed.If you push to hard you either understeer in to the wall or lose the rear end

Onboy´s XR7 1:45.9

Very loose rear end.Even in the tunnel at fullspeed , you´ll loose the rear.

Praianos Z28 1:43.9

Tris´s Mach1 1:44.3

Both have the best handling.Under and Oversteer are nearly non existent but they lack acceleration and speed.

raVer

DigitalBaka
Format borrowed from MrGrado (again). Hope he doesn't mind!

Times
ABS - 1, Tire Wear - On, Grip Reduction - Real

1'46.387 - ACSR421
1'46.570 - DigitalBaka
1'46.595 - tris_73
1'46.719 - praiano63
1'47.439 - VTiRoj
1'48.067 - krenkme
1'48.269 - CyKosis1973
1'48.521 - Onboy123
1'48.858 - Jackthalad
1'49.193 - Theo777
1'49.361 - NightHaunter
1'49.800 - XDesperado67

ACSR421
Not a peep from the tires unless I drove full stop stupid. Would have liked another gear.

Another gear in a 60s muscle car ?
Blasphemy I say. After I left a 1/5th of whisky under the seat too. ( I.B.C. root beer for u onboy) Just kidding of course and I'm glad you liked the car.

ACSR421
Another gear in a 60s muscle car ?
Blasphemy I say. After I left a 1/5th of whisky under the seat too. ( I.B.C. root beer for u onboy) Just kidding of course and I'm glad you liked the car.

SOMEBODY SAID ROOT BEER! I can has?

I know, totally OT but I love root beer so much...

Sorry everyone for my failure to produce a working tune. GT5 happily crashed not once, not twice, but thrice in an hour, losing whatever setups I had produced every single time. I got rather frustrated and came close to doing unspeakable things to a £900 TV :scared: if anyone is interested my 240ZG will be on share after a few more tweaks incase any of you want to test out the car that could have easily won this shootout :sly:

Free I.B.C. brand root beer all around. Just don't consume in public as it comes in a brown bottle and tends to attract the attention of people with billy clubs and badges.

I would like to try and test drive. Sent friend requests to those not already in my friends list. Onboy it said that you are maxed out. Would like to try your car.

Free I.B.C. brand root beer all around. Just don't consume in public as it comes in a brown bottle and tends to attract the attention of people with billy clubs and badges.
Even better is a Henry Weinhard's Private Reserve (Root Beer)
:bowdown::gtpflag::D

The Henry Weinhards almost got me kicked out of a building I was staying in a couple years ago. The building was set up by an organization to help get people off the street and back on their feet again. About 70% of the tenants are recovering addicts so no alcohol is allowed. I was there as part of a special Veterans program so didn't have a lot of the same restrictions most had, but my case manager was all ready to give me grief when he saw those bottles. That is until I showed him it was Root Beer, then he thought it was the funniest thing he'd seen.:lol:

I would like to try and test drive. Sent friend requests to those not already in my friends list. Onboy it said that you are maxed out. Would like to try your car.

Whoops. I just got back on PSN, I'll clear some room for you now. 👍

The Henry Weinhards almost got me kicked out of a building I was staying in a couple years ago. The building was set up by an organization to help get people off the street and back on their feet again. About 70% of the tenants are recovering addicts so no alcohol is allowed. I was there as part of a special Veterans program so didn't have a lot of the same restrictions most had, but my case manager was all ready to give me grief when he saw those bottles. That is until I showed him it was Root Beer, then he thought it was the funniest thing he'd seen.:lol:

We have a local brewery called Sprecher that makes Beer and Root Beer, but use the same type of bottles. That can get you in trouble when you're young :lol:

krenkme
We have a local brewery called Sprecher that makes Beer and Root Beer, but use the same type of bottles. That can get you in trouble when you're young :lol:

We just get imported A&W root beer from a local Chinese wholesalers...cheapest and best in the UK

Late night is the perfect time for a long shootout related post! :)

Format borrowed from MrGrado (so this the standard format for shootout times, huh).

Lap Times
ABS - 1, Tire Wear - On, Grip Reduction – Real, Controller Steering Sensitivity 4

1'44.498 - Rotary Junkie
1’44.532 – Dylans1o
1'44.591 - praiano63
1'44.628 - VTiRoj
1'45.331 - Jackthalad
1'45.389 - ACSR421
1'45.980 - Tris_73
1'46.485 - DigitalBaka
1'46.545 - Motor City Hami
1'47.161 - NightHaunter
1'47.250 - krenkme
1'47.394 - Theo777
1'47.533 - Onboy123
1'47.542 - CyKosis1973
1'49.095 - XDesperado67
1'49.164 - Snake55wildcat
1'49.433 - C-ZETA

Comments

Pink Panther Alpine A110 1600S ’74 (XDesperados67)
This car’s has a nice light weight and balance chassis tune for its RR layout. Good acceleration all around the track. Corner exit speed was tricky to judge and sometimes over steering occurred. Overall, I was very impressed with great handling of this car.

BMW 2002 Turbo “zucken” (krenkme)
The car is nice and quick in a straight line. It feels like the car has the correct amount of weight for its chassis. The aero works well making medium speed cornering easy. Exiting low speed corners without spinning the tires is moderately difficult.

Chevrolet Corvette Convertible (C3) 69 “yellow Jacket” (DigitalBaka)
A car with a very balanced chassis that is forgiving to the driver’s input. I was able to make consecutive clean laps with the huge amount of grip from the tires. Nice engine power band with just a hint of over steer during low speed cornering.

Lotus Europa Special 71 “Europe” (C-ZETA)
This car feels docile for a light weight mid-engined sports car. It feels like it drives slower than it actually does. The gearing is the enemy on this car as the downshift between 5-4 caught me off guard sometimes. A very well thought out tune and impressive considering the light weight of the Europa.

Mercury Cougar 67 “Caspian Sea Kitty” (Onboy123)
Under steers on sharp corners. The LSD this car is very well done for this car for acceleration and top speed control. Gearing is good with 5th gear giving a little more push on the downhill section. Once you find traction out of a corner this car is very quick.

Lancia Stratos ’73 (Jackthalad)
The only real fault to this car is very peaky power of the high rpm turbo. The driver must keep high engine speed to get a good speed out of the corners. The cornering is superb as is the acceleration out of corners. The chassis felt balanced but the braking at high speeds caused instability in the front wheels.

Chevrolet Camaro Z28 69 “Cherry Popper” (VTiRoj)
This is a car with a balanced chassis that can be driven quickly around the course. This car has a very great exhaust note at high rpm. The gearing in general is great for speed and acceleration. You have to be extremely careful about the shift timing of 1-2 gear. This drastically alters the acceleration of the car out of the corners.

BMW 2002 Turbo 73 (Motor City Hami)
Shifting at the wrong time going from 2nd to 3rd can cause wheel spin if to late or power delay from turbo lag if too early. The back feels like it always wants to slide even when the tires are not losing traction. Also, the back moving around helped increase this cars speed on the slower sections of the track. The power delivery and suspension feel just tame enough for this car.

Chevrolet Camaro Z/28 69 (Rotary Junkie)
Tricky when first driving this car fast, after a lap or two the long gearing between 1-2 works. I only used 1st gear when exiting every low speed corner and didn’t even touch 5th gear. Time 1st to 2nd wrong and you may end up just spinning your wheels.

Chevrolet Chevelle SS 454 70 (CyKosis1973)
The suspension on this car feels quite soft and sometimes causes under steer mid-corner. The engine torque requires early shifts to get a quick lap time. This car is faster spinning the wheels just a small amount when exiting a corner. The engine pulls very well in second gear.

Chevrolet Camaro Z/28 69 (praiano63)
The chassis handling is great all around the track, especially mid-speed cornering. The transmission is nicely spaced to use all five gears and the brakes work well. Low speed wheel spin made throttle control difficult at times. A quick automobile that loves mid-high speed on the track.

Lamborgini Countach “Red Delicious” (Dylans1o)
This car has a large amount of tire grip. The chassis feels planted all of the time and it is very difficult to spin the rear tires. I found it difficult to take mid-speed corners fast relative to the levels of grip this car generates. This car is really quick on all other sections of the track.

Lancia Stratos 73 (NightHaunter)
This cars turn-in is wonderful. The front tires grab while the rear must be kept in check with throttle. Braking at high speed has a longer than expected stopping distance. I found most of my lap time was lost trying to regain control from the rear tires breaking loose. The car really excels in mid-corner as the speeds it achieved were really good.

Ford Mustang Mach 1 71 "The Speed of Sound" (Tris_73)
The chassis feel balanced for the high speed sections. Wheel spin at low speeds makes the car’s chassis less predictable. Braking at high speed down the hill was difficult to gauge. The 2nd and 3rd gears are really nice around the mid-speed sections of the track.

Chevrolet Corvette Convertible (C3) 69 “lil Ray” (ACSR421)
This car is so balanced it can make the driver over confident with tire grip. This is really a four speed transmission. 5th gear is only used briefly on the downhill section. The smooth power delivery and tire grip make for a good drive.

Nissan Fairlady 2000 (SR311) 68 (Snake55wildcat)
This tune is fairly difficult to drive correctly. The rear still wants to break loose when exiting corners and there is a mild amount of under steer. Very rewarding to drive and can yield a respectable lap for a small, light weight 482pp car.

Thanks you tuners! It was so much workfun driving all of these great rustbucketstunes. :dopey:👍

Last edited:
Mercury Cougar 67 “salmon” (Onboy123)
Under steers on sharp corners. The LSD this car is very well done for this car for acceleration and top speed control. Gearing is good with 5th gear giving a little more push on the downhill section. Once you find traction out of a corner this car is very quick.

One thing, not a salmon, a kitty. :D

And the understeer is, I think, because of the sheer length of the bloody thing. But yea, thanks, and I'll stop making excuses and shut up. :dopey:

1'47.542 - CyKosis1973
Chevrolet Chevelle SS 454 70 (CyKosis1973)
The suspension on this car feels quite soft and sometimes causes under steer mid-corner. The engine torque requires early shifts to get a quick lap time. This car is faster spinning the wheels just a small amount when exiting a corner. The engine pulls very well in second gear.

Great time, Theo. I was only able to put in a lap 1 tenth faster 👍

The gearbox is completely default. I thought I'd set it up appropriately, but it must have defaulted itself when switching between tuning sheets, as it is, I didn't think it was too bad and suited the course quite well. The weight, soft rear suspension and diff soak up most of the car's tendency to spin the rear wheels.

Thanks for your time and efforts...

{Cy}

1'44.498 - Rotary Junkie
1’44.532 – Dylans1o
1'44.591 - praiano63
1'44.628 - VTiRoj
1'45.331 - Jackthalad
1'45.389 - ACSR421
1'45.980 - Tris_73
1'46.485 - DigitalBaka
1'46.545 - Motor City Hami
1'47.161 - NightHaunter
1'47.250 - krenkme
1'47.394 - Theo777
1'47.533 - Onboy123
1'47.542 - CyKosis1973
1'49.095 - XDesperado67
1'49.164 - Snake55wildcat
1'49.433 - C-ZETA

Comments
Lamborgini Countach “Red Delicious” (Dylans1o)
This car has a large amount of tire grip. The chassis feels planted all of the time and it is very difficult to spin the rear tires. I found it difficult to take mid-speed corners fast relative to the levels of grip this car generates. This car is really quick on all other sections of the track.

Wow 2nd place... I'm sooooooooooo happy!! :D

Those top 4 times are really close together though less than .200 from 1st to 4th! O_o

The car is a grip fiend indeed which did slow me down a tad on corners but the speed on the other sections made me choose it for the event... (it was the right choice I believe)

Lap Times

Intresting result , i don't wanna look at mine now atm :P to much difference ...

if things don't change i'm gonna use my DS3 to at least keep them under 2 min
( just kidding i did get under 2 mins :odd: )

Back