400PP Nordschleife Shootout

• Thread starter CSLACR
  • 1,639 comments
So I think I've stumbled on the easiest to drive car on the 'Ring in the history of everything. It literally has no bad handling characteristics that I can detect, though I have a sneaking suspicion that it may be one of those cars that is depressingly weak for its PP. :ill:

It might be good for "most fun" though, so it's not a total loss.

Civic (EK) '97 is quite good and Premium. Not sure it's enough to haul me out of my favourite car so far though...

I tried it and it seems to perform well, but I kind of dislike driving it for some reason.

Was testing a car yesterday, felt very quick but have a suspicion that the test drivers would never talk to me again if I can't get a better handle on its rear end...:crazy:

Was testing a car yesterday, felt very quick but have a suspicion that the test drivers would never talk to me again if I can't get a better handle on its rear end...:crazy:

Well…we survived the panther and the Spectre as well as the Phantom, I don't see what we have to fear. :lol:

Well…we survived the panther and the Spectre as well as the Phantom, I don't see what we have to fear. :lol:
After the way most of the cars I've tested so far handle this is a real handful with the rear end wanting to lead the way all the time.:odd:

Probably has to do with it being very rear biased weight wise.:lol:

After the way most of the cars I've tested so far handle this is a real handful with the rear end wanting to lead the way all the time.:odd:

Beetle? :sly:

I tried some MR thing...Hominy Beergoggle something-something...but it was just too ugly to look at.

Another Alalalalalapine?!

And how's everyone feel if I were to put a few cars on share to help me decide as to which to take? I can't do decisions and nor do I do laps, so I need a 'Ring junkie to do the driving for me.

XDesperado67

Honda Beat :D :lol:

And how's everyone feel if I were to put a few cars on share to help me decide as to which to take? I can't do decisions and nor do I do laps, so I need a 'Ring junkie to do the driving for me.

Have you tried the DC2?

raVer

It's like 399 stock, I think it's the one Integra that's under 400PP.

Ok, so assuming I don't have a perfect copy and run into a grandmamobile with 93284km on the clock, that'll be…390-395PP stock? The most you'd squeeze from it is a sports air filter and some better cats…

I'm on tonight, I'll try to squeeze a few laps in for you. Let me know in what order you'd like me to try them, as I have other driving commitments that I really should have taken care of on Sunday (but got distracted lapping the mighty 'Ring)...

{Cy}

I'm giving up testing on this French Firecracker...if anyone wants to try what insanity feels like at 400PP I'll try and have it on share in a few minutes. I've tamed it about as much as I can on these tires.

Oh its the Renault 5 Turbo '80. Engine rebuild and a Sports Air Filter gives you 174hp, 169ft-lb torque and 400PP. Car weighs 970kg and has a 44/56 front/rear weight distribution.:crazy:

Very quick and agile if you can keep up with it and keep that tail close to where you want it, otherwise its suicide.:drool:

LOL, I've made the mistake of pulling that car out on 450pp online nights. First lap I held it together pretty well, but tire wear got the best of me. What did you end up with for a lap time?

I'm on tonight, I'll try to squeeze a few laps in for you. Let me know in what order you'd like me to try them, as I have other driving commitments that I really should have taken care of on Sunday (but got distracted lapping the mighty 'Ring)...

{Cy}

There's nothing there yet! :lol: It'll need to be at least tomorrow before you can drive 'em.

@Leo, I thought you wouldn't join one of these until it was 'properly hoested'? :lol:

Skateboarding & Skyrim are knocking me off track, need to tune some cars lol.

*Peeks in* Hmmm... *starts testing procedures* :mischievous:

:D Finally get to see one of the mad fins in action, looking fowrad to see what you come up with.

Good luck, although you probably dont need it ;)

LOL, I've made the mistake of pulling that car out on 450pp online nights. First lap I held it together pretty well, but tire wear got the best of me. What did you end up with for a lap time?
The ole Wallbanger here never managed a complete green lap.:drool: Various sector times showed it on pace with my current leader, just couldn't hold it together for a full lap without something catastrophic happening.:scared:

It's on share now if anyone wants to see how the French like to amuse themselves.:D

No promises, just checking out if I can come up with anything relatively quick. This far tested only totally stock cars, no oil change or anything and got 9'32.

No promises, just checking out if I can come up with anything relatively quick. This far tested only totally stock cars, no oil change or anything and got 9'32.

Dont know if this helps but heres a few cars I tested and their sector times. They were build to 400pp but didnt have any tuning done to them.

400pp Nurburging Sector Times:
---------------------------------------------
Mercedes-Benz 190 E 2.5 - 16 Evolution II '91
Sector 1st Run 2nd Run
Sector 1 ~ 0:57.317 ~~~ 0:54.967
Sector 2 ~ 1:40.652 ~~~ 1:36.223
Sector 3 ~ 2:15.891 ~~~ 2:11.442
Sector 4 ~ 3:30.734 ~~~ 3:14.722

VW Lupo GTI '01
Sector 1st Run 2nd Run
Sector 1 ~ 0:55.552 ~~~ 0:54.906
Sector 2 ~ 1:38.232 ~~~ 1:37.499
Sector 3 ~ 2:12.789 ~~~ 2:12.078
Sector 4 ~ 3:14.666 ~~~ 3:13.913

VW Polo GTI '01
Sector 1st Run 2nd Run
Sector 1 ~ 0:55.072 ~~~ 0:54.737
Sector 2 ~ 1:37.832 ~~~ 1:37.082
Sector 3 ~ 2:12.406 ~~~ 2:11.880
Sector 4 ~ 3:24.599 ~~~ 3:14.202

VW New Beetle 2.0 '00
Sector 1st Run 2nd Run
Sector 1 ~ 0:56.423 ~~~ 0:55.141
Sector 2 ~ 1:39.696 ~~~ 1:37.755
Sector 3 ~ 2:14.977 ~~~ 2:13.080
Sector 4 ~ 3:17.787 ~~~ 3:16.044

Opel Tigra 1.6i '99
Sector 1st Run 2nd Run
Sector 1 ~ 0:54.944 ~~~ 0:55.213
Sector 2 ~ 1:37.494 ~~~ DNF
Sector 3 ~ 2:12.269 ~~~ DNF
Sector 4 ~ 3:17.147 ~~~ DNF

Renault 5 Turbo '80
Sector 1st Run 2nd Run
Sector 1 ~ 0:55.503 ~~~ 0:55.067
Sector 2 ~ 1:38.761 ~~~ 1:37.942
Sector 3 ~ 2:13.527 ~~~ 2:13.189
Sector 4 ~ 3:16.485 ~~~ 3:15.885

Toyota MR2 1600 G '86
Sector 1st Run 2nd Run
Sector 1 ~ 0:55.110 ~~~ 0:54.795
Sector 2 ~ 1:37.375 ~~~ 1:36.371
Sector 3 ~ 2:11.906 ~~~ 2:10.805
Sector 4 ~ 3:14.540 ~~~ 3:12.956

Nissan Skyline GTS25 Type S (R32) '91
Sector 1st Run 2nd Run
Sector 1 ~ 0:54.970 ~~~ 0:54.647
Sector 2 ~ 1:37.347 ~~~ 1:36.812
Sector 3 ~ 2:12.450 ~~~ 2:11.645
Sector 4 ~ DNF ~~~ DNF

Toyota MR2 G-Limited Super Charger '86
Sector 1st Run ~~~~ 2nd Run ~~~~ 3rd Run
Sector 1 ~ 0:54.311 ~~~ 0:54.879 ~~~ 0:54.569
Sector 2 ~ 1:35.876 ~~~ 1:35.775 ~~~ 1:35.610
Sector 3 ~ 2:10.863 ~~~ 2:10.347 ~~~ DNF
Sector 4 ~ 3:13.336 ~~~ 3:11.792 ~~~ DNF

Good luck with your hunt!

Okay, I was going to give the testers a brake from testing my awful entries in the shootouts (just check past ones to see where I usually finish :yuck: ), but I just can't do it. I have so many 400pp tunes that I just can't sit here. Put me down as a tuna please :dopey:

Looks like I will be sticking with FFs for this one. Got one that's almost there and one I will put together after the first is done. May have some time to test out some other things as well with the way I am going. Tried out a few MRs and they will need some hardcore brain sessions on my part to figure out. Doubt mine will end up fast but it should go well in the easy to drive category. :D

Please add me as a tuner. Wasn't sure I'd have time, but can probably tune this weekend. I will be building this...

6796742785_bfc6c63abb.jpg
[/url][/IMG]

And yes it will be painted obnoxiously bright green.

<--- PSN name to the left.

Last edited:
To the ones that guessed at my pick, it's none of them. Its quite a good little motor. Weighs about 900kg and runs about 174bhp. Just need to do a bit suspension tuning then I'll be done :)

Think I have the car I'm using fixed up. Done the transmission as well now, lowered the LSD and changed up the suspension a bit to fix the slight understeer it had before, now feels next to perfect for the most part. Sure it could be improved but otherwise, my car might very well be ready.

Back