400PP Nordschleife Shootout

• Thread starter CSLACR
  • 1,639 comments
Lets make a petition for sheep to be allowed to retune his car as an exception :D

I like the handling of the car to much to allow it to be one of the lasts cause of the gearbox...

I almost submitted my car with the stock gearbox and a mid-rpm turbo. The gearing was perfect for this combo. It dominated the first sector and 6th gear was right at peak power on the straight. Only problem was it didn't pull hard enough in 5th and 6th and would top out at 136. The ECU+Engine1 got it to 138 but then I had to go and mess with the gears. That change lost maybe 3/10ths in the first sector but gained 5/10ths by the end of the 2nd sector. If this competition were on a different course, I'd probably keep the mid-rpm turbo.

To be clear, I am not a tester for this event, I am just a tuner. I have tuned a car that reaches 400pp with a complete engine refresh and oil change. The tune, when published, will be something that other GT5 players can easily apply to vehicles in their stables since I have removed the variable of worn engines and dirty oil. As you pointed out, the rules do not state a car has to have an oil change...but its just a rule of my own and if I am beaten by cars that are naturally above the 400pp level but have dirty oil, then I don't consider that a loss on my part. In fact, I'm just hoping the test drivers enjoy what I have done with my car.
It's part of the games PP system though, so let me ask you this: If you enter an online room, or any GT5 event restricted to 400PP, can you drive a vehicle without an engine rebuild or oil change to fit under the PP?

The only thing I regret, is not allowing free ballast and maybe 2.5% PL use. I've been testing a lot of cars, and most of them could really use just a tiny bit more tweaking then allowed.
But it makes it harder, so it's good too.

Lets make a petition for sheep to be allowed to retune his car as an exception :D

I like the handling of the car to much to allow it to be one of the lasts cause of the gearbox...
He seemed pretty confident last night even after I suggested he might want to try adjusting some settings rather then submit a stock box.

I don't know, is it really fair to change setups after we get told what's wrong with our cars? I'm not sure it is tbh.
At least for this one he can turn TCS off, though I have to wonder if this car has even been driven now, or if it's really a jokester thrown into the mix for humor's sake.

It's part of the games PP system though, so let me ask you this: If you enter an online room, or any GT5 event restricted to 400PP, can you drive a vehicle without an engine rebuild or oil change to fit under the PP?

The only thing I regret, is not allowing free ballast and maybe 2.5% PL use. I've been testing a lot of cars, and most of them could really use just a tiny bit more tweaking then allowed.
But it makes it harder, so it's good too.

He seemed pretty confident last night even after I suggested he might want to try adjusting some settings rather then submit a stock box.

I don't know, is it really fair to change setups after we get told what's wrong with our cars? I'm not sure it is tbh.
At least for this one he can turn TCS off, though I have to wonder if this car has even been driven now, or if it's really a jokester thrown into the mix for humor's sake.

Theres already tuners that posted comments about how fast their car go, what time they did and some also said wich car they used before releasing their tuned car. I thought no one would know until the tune is released. That being said, i cant say if its okay for him to change his gearing, by the rules he cannot, i dont see anything wrong for both decisions. :)

It almost sound like i know wich tuner will win before driving a single car... :grumpy:

I will deal with it no biggie, but i thought there would be more suspense :dopey:

There have been times where I've driven cars so underpowered, I didn't notice that the TCS was still at 5. Considering the car in question is a VW Lupo with 175bhp, I wouldn't doubt for a second that the TCS never got a chance to kick in and remind him that it wasn't turned off.

Well, I've got the car now absolutely ready so, here it is!

The MG TF160 '03 it was all along. It is now on share, and I wish you all good luck in testing this thing.

Are you sure it is on share?
I can see everyone else has stuff on share except you, i dont see anything.
Well ill do cuyler now if i dont see it after ill retry tomorrow

Don't worry about the gearing. Rules are rules and we must stick by them. As for tcs, it's a driving aid and I'm not driving :P

Are you sure it is on share?
I can see everyone else has stuff on share except you, i dont see anything.
Well ill do cuyler now if i dont see it after ill retry tomorrow

It is on share yes, i finish to test it a few ago. I have sent a FR to chuyler.

It is on share yes, i finish to test it a few ago. I have sent a FR to chuyler.

Did I miss something? Is someone else hosting it or something?

I really cannot see anything being shared by V16T91.. But I have no problems with the rest

mx5.jpg

My tune is up & the car is shared. Fully broken in with >200 miles. :)

Just finished praiano63's car :dopey:

Cant see C-Zeta's car too, will do Chuyler1's one :)

I will upload videos of each tuner's car in my review if i have enought time, wich driving view do you prefer to watch guys? I normaly use the roof cam, or the ''3rd person'' view, im just curious to see wich view would be better to watch.

Might as well post mine now too. If you sent me a friend request you can drive it now. It's a very different approach compared to C-ZETA's midship. I'll have to take his for a spin. As you can tell, I had no luck with setting camber on these tires. I just felt like 0-camber was more forgiving and kept the tires from getting too hot.

Best lap in the hands of the owner: 8:27.248

Just a query, as I have not been home to test your tune as of yet, what speed are you hitting down the back straight and up the hill towards carosal? (I know spelt that wrong ;p)

As I'm keen on mucking around myself with some cars and have been testing with a Skyline GTS-T 2.5 89' model clocking in the 8:40's at the moment :scared: just for the fact it might be something not many people are using, and I like to be different.

CSLACR, it's not too late to join is it? as a tuner?, if it is thats fine, I'll still be tuning a car for the fun of competing against the clock, the car, the ring' and others efforts.

however if it's not too late sign me up as a tuner, PSN Jontank5

Just tweaked my Insight a bit and put it back on share for anyone wanting to give it a go. All I've done is give it a drift LSD, taken 15kg off and put the engine limiter to 99.6% so it stays under 400PP still. Turns out I only lost 1bhp by doing that. :lol:

Just tweaked my Insight a bit and put it back on share for anyone wanting to give it a go. All I've done is give it a drift LSD, taken 15kg off and put the engine limiter to 99.6% so it stays under 400PP still. Turns out I only lost 1bhp by doing that. :lol:

Lemme guess, same as me, 10/60/5? :lol:

0.0 60 @ braking will get it sideways? I thought it stopped/prevented fishtailing in MR cars…?

60 makes it very loose when off-throttle. In an FF car it'll make the nose easier to tuck back in if you're understeering. In a RWD car it makes initiating a drift so much easier. :D

60 makes it very loose when off-throttle. In an FF car it'll make the nose easier to tuck back in if you're understeering. In a RWD car it makes initiating a drift so much easier. :D

Wait…so lemme get this straight, I'm still not awake yet so what little theories (or bits of scrappy knowledge here and there) I know of are still in foggy bits.

10/60/5 will make a FF car have a very good turn in (?), 5/60/60 will make the nose tuck in better, so wouldn't 10/60/30-40 be quite a good compromise? Or am I talking out of my arse again and I'm in need for a cup of coffee to wake me up. :lol:

Wait…so lemme get this straight, I'm still not awake yet so what little theories (or bits of scrappy knowledge here and there) I know of are still in foggy bits.

10/60/5 will make a FF car have a very good turn in (?), 5/60/60 will make the nose tuck in better, so wouldn't 10/60/30-40 be quite a good compromise? Or am I talking out of my arse again and I'm in need for a cup of coffee to wake me up. :lol:

Yeah, pretty much. 60 is overkill for most cars anyway, but the Insight needs it because of the CVT transmission. :lol: You normally can keep it between 5 and 15 and it'll be good anyway.

My "Aki" is on share temporarily as I'm still tweaking it but I thought I'd let anyone who's interested see my secret weapon.:D

Oh and if anyone has a low mileage copy of the car they would be willing to part with please let me know as this is one of the few cars I only have the one copy of.:(

Get Your...

License
N25C325BCrburgring2520Nordschleife_1.jpg

To
N25C325BCrburgring2520Nordschleife.jpg

Thrill!

Coming soon to a track near you.​

I like :D 👍

on a side note, I'm a little behind, so I did a very quick run through of some 400pp cars I had in my garage and did some minor tweeks to see how they faired. I really need some sleep, so I put them on share if anyone wants to try them and can tell me if I should keep going with these or try something different. Once I wake up, and take my kids to class, I will get back to testing other tuners cars to see where I'm at and maybe give as much feedback as I can.

As far as the cars on share... :dopey:

XDesperado67
My "Aki" is on share temporarily as I'm still tweaking it but I thought I'd let anyone who's interested see my secret weapon.:D

Oh and if anyone has a low mileage copy of the car they would be willing to part with please let me know as this is one of the few cars I only have the one copy of.:(

The only thing I don't like about this car is the ugly popup headlights. :yuck: If I drive it during the day there's no problem though. :sly:

I will check my garage for you. I may have a 0/0 of this car. I know the first one I bought got me the high mileage trophy.... :embarrassed:

Regarding my car, I will have it posted by tomorrow afternoon/evening US central time. I will be sticking with my "White Knight" but I want to test out some minor tweaks. Love having a half day of work on Fridays. :D

Back