Team Shmo Drifting (tuning garage) *NEW* jaguar xk coupe luxury '07

• Thread starter shmogt
  • 1,197 comments
tunahonda
I always go out of bounce when i drift , any tip to help me ? And i tried your dodge vip drft tune , is it for advance drifter ? because that thing is like out of control ! haha

You need to slow down before the corner more. Your only going like 30mph around the turns for a good drift. The viper has 1000hp it is for people who no how to handle it.

tunahonda
I always go out of bounce when i drift , any tip to help me ? And i tried your dodge vip drft tune , is it for advance drifter ? because that thing is like out of control ! haha

I would say start with a less powerful car and work your way up, also entry speed is crucial.

I love your drift tunes! Especially, your Silvia (S15), Soarer, and LFA are very nice.

I was wondering if you can tune the Amuse Carbon R (R34) '04. I have the feeling this car could be an awesome drifter if it were tweaked a bit.

Matra
I love your drift tunes! Especially, your Silvia (S15), Soarer, and LFA are very nice.

I was wondering if you can tune the Amuse Carbon R (R34) '04. I have the feeling this car could be an awesome drifter if it were tweaked a bit.

Hmm that could be a cool car I'll check it out

Have you tried the Blitz ER34 D1 SPEC '04? It looks wicked at night! I tried your Blitz DUNLOP ER34 SKYLINE '07 setup on it and that turned out pretty well. In fact, I got a new personal best on the current Drift Trial using that tune.👍 However, the gearbox was different so I used the stock setting.

Matra
Have you tried the Blitz ER34 D1 SPEC '04? It looks wicked at night! I tried your Blitz DUNLOP ER34 SKYLINE '07 setup on it and that turned out pretty well. In fact, I got a new personal best on the current Drift Trial using that tune.👍 However, the gearbox was different so I used the stock setting.
A lot of tunes I have although are different models will work with cars that are almost the same. Gear box stuff is usually different but just set it close enough.

maveric25
Are this tunes solely just for points drifting? Do they work well in tandem battles?

Tandem is more how well you drift with someone and your preference in a car. I can do both with these cars since I tune them on tracks for perfect line drifts which equal the most points. As long as your partner has perfect drifts you won't have a problem. Also obviously choose a car that is close to theirs so you wouldn't get the speed 12 to tandem with the fiat.

Mazda RX-7 Touring Car

The car looks really cool and drifting around is really fun in it. It does perform well however I would of thought it could of done better being so light with lots of power. I assume it's all the downforce that really stops it from becoming a true monster. Don't think it awful tho I am still getting about 28,000 with it which is great.

I also have a seriously amazing race tune for this car here

A great review and history of this car here

P.S. The pics were taken by RedSuns-Ryuu. Obviously go check out his gallery.

Last edited:
Tandem is more how well you drift with someone and your preference in a car. I can do both with these cars since I tune them on tracks for perfect line drifts which equal the most points. As long as your partner has perfect drifts you won't have a problem. Also obviously choose a car that is close to theirs so you wouldn't get the speed 12 to tandem with the fiat.

:lol: I know how to tandem... do it every day... what I meant is if the cars are tandem friendly because there's cars that will do great in solo runs but when it comes to following in a tandem they fail in terms of being able to slow down quickly enough to not hit the lead car if they slow down and also if you're tandeming with someone who goes slow, being able to maintain & mirror his line at slow speeds.

Mazda RX-7 Touring Car by Shmogt3, on Flickr
Car: Mazda RX-7 Touring Car
Drivetrain: FR
Horsepower: 981HP/5900rpm
Torque: 650 ft-lb/8000rpm
Weight: 975 kg
Miles: 75.3
Performance Points: 620

PARTS:
All performance parts

SETUP:

Body/Chassis
Aerodynamics
Downforce: 15/30
Weight Balance: 0/0

Transmission
1st: 2.975
2nd: 2.236
3rd: 1.783
4th: 1.459
5th: 1.198
6th: 1.010
Final: 3.407
Top Speed: 162

Limited Slip Differential
Initial: xx/21
Accel: xx/45
Braking: xx/15

Suspension
Ride Height: 0/0
Spring Rate: 10.0/8.5
Extension: 5/5
Compression: 4/4
Anti-Roll: 4/4
Camber: 4.1/1.6
Toe: -0.38/-0.10

Brakes
Brake Balance: 6/6

TUNER COMMENTS:
The car looks really cool and drifting around is really fun in it. It does perform well however I would of thought it could of done better being so light with lots of power. I assume it's all the downforce that really stops it from becoming a true monster. Don't think it awful tho I am still getting about 28,000 with it which is great.

I also have a seriously amazing race tune for this car here

P.S. The pics were taken by RedSuns-Ryuu. Obviously go check out his gallery.

interesting the power is over 900, mine at max can get to 662hp

interesting the power is over 900, mine at max can get to 662hp

Well you must of got a bad one lol. Just joke I copy old tunes an edit them and changed the torque to what the HP should of been. All fixed now thanks for pointing it out

Your LFA drift tune is great, its fast, steady when drifting, and changes directions very quick and easy for such a big car. Its one of my new faves.

Hi shmogt, your setups are awesome! I´ve been trainning for month´s and your tunes are helping me alot!! Great work!! I drift with a wheel (G27) and some of the setup´s dont work but others are very good! My fav is the Shelby GT350 it doesn´t have much hp this is good because i´m still learning... but the car handles very good, and it is very stable it´s just crazy! :) So i must say THANK YOU!!

Here is a video of me drifting the shelby: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KJ8ql91CDQM&feature=context&context=G2d4ec2fAUAAAAAAAAAA

One more thing i love the supra rz but it is very agressive on the steer any tip´s for a wheel user??

Hi shmogt, your setups are awesome! I´ve been trainning for month´s and your tunes are helping me alot!! Great work!! I drift with a wheel (G27) and some of the setup´s dont work but others are very good! My fav is the Shelby GT350 it doesn´t have much hp this is good because i´m still learning... but the car handles very good, and it is very stable it´s just crazy! :) So i must say THANK YOU!!

Here is a video of me drifting the shelby: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KJ8ql91CDQM&feature=context&context=G2d4ec2fAUAAAAAAAAAA

One more thing i love the supra rz but it is very agressive on the steer any tip´s for a wheel user??

Thanks my fav is that shelby as well. Nice vid for still learning that is a pretty impressive drift. I really don't know for the supra I found the opposite when driving it. It was very stable and easy to drift around for me.

Since you don't like the Acura NSX RM , Do you mind doing the honda version please ?

One more question, how do you make a drift car ? Whenever i fail drifting the car , i would wonder lf it is my drifting skill's problem or the tune.

Since you don't like the Acura NSX RM , Do you mind doing the honda version please ?

One more question, how do you make a drift car ? Whenever i fail drifting the car , i would wonder lf it is my drifting skill's problem or the tune.

I will make that, but it won't be posted for a bit. There is a ton of other requested cars before it.

Mazda RX-8 Type S 2007

When this car was released I did not like it as much as the RX-7. Usually when cars come out that are newer they should be better, but the RX-8 is slightly worse in every way. However all that aside I had to make it into a drifter. It drifts pretty good, was a little tricky to get right at first, but now it works smooth. My biggest problem was deciding what paint and rim combo I want. I have painted this car many times, but nothing ever looked perfect. I left this car open for people to send me pics and I got some cool new ideas now and ironically someone had the exact same paint and rims as I did.

P.S. The pics were taken by driftinziggy. He has some other cool shot that you need to check out.

Last edited:
But do you mind making a guide of how to make a drift car ? So more people like me would understand the concept and we can adjust our own car since everyone drift differently and not everybody would able to handle your drift tune . Thanks.

But do you mind making a guide of how to make a drift car ? So more people like me would understand the concept and we can adjust our own car since everyone drift differently and not everybody would able to handle your drift tune . Thanks.

I planned on doing that, but didn't get a good response to it so I will not be making it. Best advice is if a car is giving you trouble forget about it and try another. I create all these tunes myself and like some more than others. The car itself just suits me better.

i understad how you feel but whenever i tell myself that i am going to make my own drift car and then i look at the suspension customization or LSD and i would be like ehh ... wtf ?

i understad how you feel but whenever i tell myself that i am going to make my own drift car and then i look at the suspension customization or LSD and i would be like ehh ... wtf ?

That's why my garage is here. Don't even worry about it just come on in and grab a tune

Thanks my fav is that shelby as well. Nice vid for still learning that is a pretty impressive drift. I really don't know for the supra I found the opposite when driving it. It was very stable and easy to drift around for me.

Thank´s, but when i say i´m still learning it´s because theres is some thing´s that i still can´t do, like use the hand brake and i feel that´s one of the more important thing´s in drift... and another is i dont have the skills yet to do tandem that´s my goal.
Yesterday i spend all the afternoon trainning with the supra and i´m starting to get the hang of it... :D

Last edited:
argman
May I request a drift tune for Ferrari F430 '06 ? Thanks in advanced!!
One day. I basically have a request for every car right now lol.
Sunrize
Thank´s, but when i say i´m still learning it´s because theres is some thing´s that i still can´t do, like use the hand brake and i feel that´s one of the more important thing´s in drift... and another is i dont have the skills yet to do tandem that´s my goal.
Yesterday i spend all the afternoon trainning with the supra and i´m starting to get the hang of it... :D

You don't need to use the handbrake it's just another option you can use. Might be tough if the button is on the wheel since you will have to press it while turning the wheel.

shmogt,

Have you tried the Aston Martin V8 Vantage '99? I think it's a seriously awesome car to drift. Fully tuned it has over 960 horses and it's also very stable. Not to mention, it looks pretty awesome as well.

Back