PURE | GT4 Cup: Season 3 | Season End

• Thread starter Adam41
  • 1,478 comments
D1 Room: 1472-6399-8408-2432-3853

D2 Room: 1472 6118 3787 3246 8300

The grids HERE (Reality, you have to click the link) are final. Anyone else should join D2.

Thanks Adam :). Good job buddy, you have my sympathies for organising this today.

Mule if you are online, come on into D2 man I'm looking forward to racing you :)! Longbow are you joining us too? It'll be fun ^^!

Oh man I just learnt why you never follow a car in front too closely.
Went into the fence twice because of that and then my wheel unclipped at that high speed uphill firing me into the fence again.
Also need to learn to conserve my tires more.

Couldn't wait to get out of that stupid room.

👎 to custom tracks in general.

D2 Result
Code:
[FONT="Courier New"]Driver		car		total		gap		best lap   
.-------------+------------+---------------+---------------+----------------.
WiiFreak	Corvette	43:08.743	---		1:36.611
TnJF		M3		43:14.318	+5.575		1:36.807
GTP_cicua	M3		43:30.421	+21.678		1:37.219
PepsiMaxCrew	Evora		43:46.009	+37.266		1:37.971
RFLX_Niop	Vantage		44:11.601	+1:02.858	1:38.330
The-Reality-ca	370Z		44:19.272	+1:10.529	1:38.121
Jay_1086	Vantage		44:57.725	+1:48.982	1:39.535
MULE_9242	Evora		DNF		+6 Laps		1:39.335
GTP_Litchi	Camaro 		DNF		+10 Laps	1:37.630
[/FONT]

How was D2? Hope it went alright.

D1 was good. :)

ok I guess... didn't do any racing after lap 4... rest of the race was all solitary tire management.
no disconnects though. 👍

I was having fun with Pag until i spun :(
Just watched the replay, awesome race at the front! Gratz on the win Adam.

Didn't really reach my target this week so a bit disappointed. Need to maintain more staying power. Adam, what's the exact track we are doing? Congratulations on the win too :).

Biggest frustration for me was that the battle between Pepsi, Niop & I got broken up. Granted Niop apologised & gave place, it was still annoying lol.

Damn I think Anderrrm is secretly Jamie Whincup. He's putting on that kind of performance.
Reality you're over-driving the car, be careful with the tires.
I had good pace but it was hard to get by the Z because it was ballistic on the straights. However it looked pretty hairy in the turns.
It was more even with the Aston, the Evora could just hold on because of it's good mid-corner pace.
I am liking this car more and more as Biffy tunes it.

Damn I think Anderrrm is secretly Jamie Whincup. He's putting on that kind of performance.
Reality you're over-driving the car, be careful with the tires.
I had good pace but it was hard to get by the Z because it was ballistic on the straights. However it looked pretty hairy in the turns.
It was more even with the Aston, the Evora could just hold on because of it's good mid-corner pace.
I am liking this car more and more as Biffy tunes it.

Need to back off slightly when the tyres go, but then struggle to keep up so... maybe a balance is there I need to find. So mad at myself for letting you & Niop past... grrr!

Yeah, need to find that happy zone. Im guilty of over-driving the car too when the tires wore down.
Doing that makes the tires wear faster, slows you down and messes your rythym.
Jay can attest my over-driving with all the smoke signals I sent him from locked rears!

Crashed in the first few laps and got a pit penalty, couldn't/didn't :P look after my tires either front left was just getting destroyed. Anyway pretty disapointed, look forward to watching the replay I couldn't take my eyes off the leaderboard in the last few laps there was that much overtaking going on :D.

Great Racing everyone :)

D2 Result
Code:
[FONT="Courier New"]Driver		car		total		gap		best lap   
.-------------+------------+---------------+---------------+----------------.
WiiFreak	Corvette	43:08.743	---		1:36.611
TnJF		M3		43:14.318	+5.575		1:36.807
GTP_cicua	M3		43:30.421	+21.678		1:37.219
PepsiMaxCrew	Evora		43:46.009	+37.266		1:37.971
RFLX_Niop	Vantage		44:11.601	+1:02.858	1:38.330
The-Reality-ca	370Z		44:19.272	+1:10.529	1:38.121
Jay_1086	Vantage		44:57.725	+1:48.982	1:39.535
MULE_9242	Evora		DNF		+6 Laps		1:39.335
GTP_Litchi	Camaro 		DNF		+10 Laps	1:37.630
[/FONT]

ok I guess... didn't do any racing after lap 4... rest of the race was all solitary tire management.
no disconnects though. 👍
Good job, teammate! 👍

5th was probably the best my Vette had today, so that's where I finished. Green went off past the back-straight crest, giving me 4th (as Welsh had an off early), but the front four went single file for the first stint. Kept the gap to 4-6 seconds, but I was pretty much by myself.

I was the last to pit, losing 5th to Welsh even though he changed tires only a lap earlier and was about 3-5 seconds behind me. Again, just barely missed out on his draft, so I ran alone, watching him catch up to Brock. Then they went single file, pulling away from me, until they caught up to Biffy. Eventually, Brock's tires were gone, and pretty much let me have 5th without a fight.

In essence, the complete opposite of Rome from my end. 24 laps of hot lapping, yawn. No point in putting up vids from my perspective unless you want something to watch before sleep time. :lol:

Oh you can't have my car ;) Schools killed me the last two weeks so getting up early on Saturday has been beyond me :P but I've got only one exam this week and my roommate moved out so no more snoring! I might actually get some sleep during the week. :dopey:

Yeayea I know, first world problems :P

Then drive it!

You probably should have signed up as a reserve rather than sitting on the most fun car. :grumpy:

Just a thought btw, but do you think we should have manufacturer standings? With teams missing people on some occasions this could be interesting.

You could do an average system?

Yes please, want to get practicing (I need it).

Well we'll have a vote on it. Tomorrow that is. :)

Erm not a fan of manufacturer standings seeing as there are more cars than others. If you try to average them results with a multiplier you will sometimes get biased results. Plus it's another table I would have to add the results to. :D

Results will be also up tomorrow.

Last edited:
I usually am alright at original courses, like in the Spec Miata series - I was pretty good there, I thought. Here...something just didn't work for me. But, I did watch the epic D1 race, which I tremendously enjoyed. I watched all of it, while I was editing these photos for D2 Rome!

Unfortunately damage was on in this race, but I could still take shots before the cars got damaged. Haha. The shots from today's race will be up sooner during the week. I tried to take shots of nearly every car, or at least most. I may have ended up with more of the Aston Martin...but could you blame me? When it looks like that?

Anyway, enjoy!

67ve3l.jpg

1zggqd3.jpg

o7qb1f.jpg

23homfa.jpg

1zclohz.jpg

11w7eit.jpg

35i29t5.jpg

u8zh2.jpg

2e1y3xv.jpg

1fk1p5.jpg

2wbx4p5.jpg

316935s.jpg

6dz9ty.jpg

2s8grig.jpg

28qtms.jpg

20ijv4w.jpg

p4tg2.jpg

2mw9hmx.jpg

2928yaa.jpg

34fz1xs.jpg

23r5szm.jpg

2db49e0.jpg

Last edited:
Also do you have any more of the Z with me driving? Especially if you get one like that camaro shot. Epic!!!

No words required. Just stunning.

*Bows* Thank you sir.

Awesome photos! Do you know which ones are with me driving the Z :)? Green helmet.

Also do you have any more of the Z with me driving? Especially if you get one like that camaro shot. Epic!!!

Thank you. ^^ I'm pretty sure that the last shot of the Z by itself is yours. Otherwise I'm not sure.

And I don't have one of the Z like the Camaro. Believe me, these shots took some time. ^^; But I edited another one for you that I had taken. A Z "team shot".

34zadli.jpg

Last edited:
Back