PURE | GT4 Cup: Season 3 | Season End

• Thread starter Adam41
  • 1,478 comments
Bad news, if you don't own Spa, you can't race there.

index.php

Damn GT5.

Oh by the way, thanks to everyone that chose Monaco, knowing I'm great at Madrid. :irked:

After a few minutes of practice, I'm contemplating turning on power steering just for the Grand Hotel Hairpin. You know how hard it is turning the wheel so much when it's mounted on a TV tray? :ouch:

All I could coax out of the Vette is a 1:39.2 with maybe a tad more wear on the rears. I can sense this is my dropped round.

I chose Monaco because it's the lesser of the two evils and I personally hate Madrid.

I chose Monaco because I have a Maserati :indiff: It will probably suck at Racing, but should look great parked next to all the big Yachts :sly:

Although, who knows, maybe she doesn't suck too badly? Managed a 1'38.247 after a quick run tonight, concentrating only on tuning the transmission. :D

Last edited:
index.php

Damn GT5.
Lol X 5 :lol:
Oh by the way, thanks to everyone that chose Monaco, knowing I'm great at Madrid. :irked:

After a few minutes of practice, I'm contemplating turning on power steering just for the Grand Hotel Hairpin. You know how hard it is turning the wheel so much when it's mounted on a TV tray? :ouch:

All I could coax out of the Vette is a 1:39.2 with maybe a tad more wear on the rears. I can sense this is my dropped round.
I actually like Madrid, and I'm pretty good at it in the one direction, but I love Monaco.

I didn't even see Eddie or Tony vote, but I know what they'd pick. :D

I have yet to test, So I'm just gona do a CSL pick one :P and figure it out later.

Class: GT3
Car: Nissan GT-R GT3
Body colour (if applicable): TBD
Rim colour (if applicable): TBD
Madrid ( Are we still voting ? .....)

I didn't really expect anyone to test, I just felt it appropriate for the GT4 Cup drivers to get first dibs on cars for a GT3/GT4 Enduro. :) A lot of people signing up for GT3 anyway. Need a car number from you as well Green.

As for next race (Round 3), we'll be going with Monaco. 11 votes to 3.

Class: GT4
Car: Chevrolet Corvette GT4
Body/rim colour: Datahouse paint job

I'm happy sticking with my Corvette for the enduro 👍 I'm looking forward to it, as I've always wanted to be in a multi-class race but I've never gotten around to it until now.

Good stuff Wii. And I commend you on staying in GT4. As much fun as GT3 sounds, it's a multi class race and there will be 14 in each class (maybe give or take a few).

Ok changing my entry

Class: GT3
Car: Nissan GT-R GT3
Body colour (if applicable): Beige Mica Metallic
Rim colour (if applicable): Stock
Car Number (if applicable): 34

i didn't really expect anyone to test, i just felt it appropriate for the gt4 cup drivers to get first dibs on cars for a gt3/gt4 enduro. :) a lot of people signing up for gt3 anyway. Need a car number from you as well green.

86# :)

I'll be sticking with GT4 class :). Just put a practice room up for anyone who wants to join me:

1472 - 6399 - 9009 - 5381 - 4837.

Also huge thanks to Welsh for sending me a Maserati, setup & ready to go. Many thanks!

It's official. I absolutely stink at Monaco. Absolutely no grip, no rotation, lousy mid 39s when Adam's 1:37.4 is destroying me in every sector. I'm not even sure I can get a Top 3 in D2 at this point. 👎

I will post my setup tomorrow. :) I think a 6 speed is more suitable here too, at least for the vette. I know some people like to use 5 speeds on certain tracks. I can post a vid as well if it will help someone. :) You could also try lowering the downforce?

It's official. I absolutely stink at Monaco. Absolutely no grip, no rotation, lousy mid 39s when Adam's 1:37.4 is destroying me in every sector. I'm not even sure I can get a Top 3 in D2 at this point. 👎
Are you driving aggressive as hell?

I was at least 8 seconds behind, just couldn't get the grip down same as yourself. Understeer, wheel spin... the lot.

But even worse, my 47" LG flatscreen has just died. Ballache of taking that back for a replacement tomorrow, not even had it 3 months. Very disappointing.

Are you driving aggressive as hell?
Depends on the section of track. The hairpin, for example, anything less than 90+ degree turning and the car won't even turn at 25 mph. For the last corner, any aggressive turn-in is severely punished by horrendous understeer on exit. I can't figure out what to do at the chicane since the car does something different every lap.

I don't know what changed since GT5 came out because Monaco had been one of my best tracks. Now, it's the complete opposite. :indiff:

Depends on the section of track. The hairpin, for example, anything less than 90+ degree turning and the car won't even turn at 25 mph. For the last corner, any aggressive turn-in is severely punished by horrendous understeer on exit. I can't figure out what to do at the chicane since the car does something different every lap.

I don't know what changed since GT5 came out because Monaco had been one of my best tracks. Now, it's the complete opposite. :indiff:
Hmmm, I was going to suggest you drive harder, but it sounds like that's not the case.

Of course I think the best thing you can do to the Vette is at least 7/5 5/7 shocks, if not more extreme, and it should really help with over-steer on entry and under-steer on exit.
If doing that makes it a little crazy on exits, you might want to jack the rear a bit higher.

I'm going to go turn a few laps if anyone wants to join. First time driving the Z in a week and a half.:)

Race Information - Race 3: MONACO

Laps will be set to 25.

Division 1 Host: GTP_Aderrrm
Division 2 Host: ?​
(GMT)
16:00 - Qualifying deadline
16:30 - Room opens (add my PSN)
16:55 - PP, power and weight checks, track reset
17:00 - line up in order on track, race start (with formation lap)

• You should not hit any walls. If you continuously hit walls during the race and you gain time from doing so, an appropriate penalty will be given out.
  • This part of the track is considered dirty. You should not run wide here during the race or qualifying. YOU MUST HAVE 2 WHEELS ON THE TARMAC TO THE LEFT OF THE RUMBLESTRIP FOR THIS CHICANE:

CLEAN > DIRTY > OBVIOUS DIRTY >

Formation lap: Maintain a pace of EXACTLY 62 mph/100 kmh. Do not weave in order to try and warm up your tyres. This will only increase the risk of damage.

Pits: There will be no pit window for this race. Please enter the pits as quickly as you can, without taking a wide line out of the hairpin before. For the pit exit, please stay right as best as possible unless no cars are driving down the straight.

That's all. Have fun everyone and keep it clean. 👍

Last edited:
Am I allowed to hold the brakes while moving on the formation lap to get heat into the tires? It actually works suprisingly well.
Ahh street circuit, reminds me of some idiot in a league we had last time who kept wall-riding then proceeded to insult everyone else.

I'm just coming to terms that I suck at monaco ( doing low 1'40 can see a 1'39 coming soon but 1'38 seems along way away :D) ......race anyone :lol:

ROOM Closed :P

Last edited:
not sure I can even make this race at the moment. As I am going for a meal, need to leave quite early which sucks lol

I shall let you guys know when I have more info

News on my tv: phoned LG, repair man coming to the house to fix hopefully on Friday. Going to move the playstation downstairs to get some practice in, although last time I tried I was miles off. Any tips to adjust the tune to stop bbqing the rears? I did try and be gentle with the throttle, but found severe handling issues. Under steer!

Got bored of waiting, room up: DC'd

PB is 38.4 atm, really hope this isn't an Evora track...

Last edited:
Back