• Thread starter Adam41
  • 1,478 comments
Race Information - Race 4: MONZA

img.php

Laps will be set to 22.

Division 1 Host: GTP_Aderrrm
Division 2 Host: GTP_Litchi​

8:00 PDT / 11:00 EDT / 15:00 GMT - Qualifying deadline
9:30 PDT / 12:30 EDT / 16:30 GMT - Room opens (add my PSN)
9:55 PDT / 12:55 EDT / 16:55 GMT - PP, power and weight checks, track reset
10:00 PDT / 13:00 EDT / 17:00 GMT - line up in order on track, race start (with formation lap)

• You should not go off track or drive "dirty". Red+white rumble strips are track. Green/black concrete/astroturf or green painted rumble strips are not. is If you continuously drive on dirty parts of the track during the race and you gain time from doing so, you will receive an appropriate penalty.

Click here for dirty and clean parts of the track, including entering and exiting the pits!

Formation lap: Maintain a pace of EXACTLY 62 mph/100 kmh. Do not weave in order to try and warm up your tyres. This will only increase the risk of damage.

Pits: There will be no pit window for this race. I advise everyone to try entering the pit lane prior to the race to see if lifting off or braking is necessary in order to not get a 'penalty'. 5 second penalties will be handed out for crossing the pit entry/exit lines.

Please not the times for your timezone. GMT is not yet on daylight savings!

That's all. Have fun everyone and keep it clean. 👍

Last edited:
Well i only have 341hp. 495pp. And 42km on the car, thats with full downforce

That sounds right as you're still only 20% of the way toward engine break in.

Have your b-spec billy run the car through the Laguna Seca 200; change the oil and you should be good to go.

cgg
OK then I'll fill in the last space in the 370z

Do I have a team mate :)? Be at every race & we stand a chance at getting along, add me on PSN too so we can practice during the week.

That's if Adam accepts you ^^.

Adam: thanks for the offer of cars, I could mainly do with borrowing a Z which is run in. I purchased one but it's not quite there yet. Thanks again mate ^^.

You still have good time to qualify, I'd highly recommend letting your car get broken in via B-Spec like Watson suggested.*

Just run the Indy race in the Endurance category (if your B-Spec level is high enough, otherwise you'll have to do a series of smaller races). Let it run for 62 laps, which is the amount of laps at Indy you would need to get from your 42km to the required 290km and you'll be good. After the car's run 62 laps you can just exit out of the race at any time and all the miles it ran up thus far will be there.
Should only take around an hour.

Every scrap of power you can get will be important at Monza for best amount of fun.

5DydH.jpg
CqyF8.jpg

my second lap my car was just like the saftey car on the left very close :nervous: indeed. Anyway I believe it's clean and I think outlaw and welsh agreed. Anyway see you tomorrow :mischievous:

Lap 1 - 1'57.585 Lap 2 - 1'56.660

got greedy with the kerb in della roggia and smoked a rear wheel; hope 56.6 is good enough to let me play in the big-boy room for a change. was hitting 56.2 without mistakes and 55s behind the welsh monsteratti.

going to be really hard for anyone to "get away" @ monza.

Dang! Ran a PB of 1'55.496 on 2nd flyer, but unfortunately I just missed the apex into Lesmo 1 and ran millimetres wide on exit with 3 tyres on the black stuff :(. It actually cost me a little time as I think I clipped the sand too, however I was able to bank an ok lap on my 1st flyer with a 1.55.933.

Good luck to those still to qualify and I look forward to drafting with you all soon ;)

Every scrap of power you can get will be important at Monza for best amount of fun.
Fun, yes, but winning? Different story. I tried different tactics for passing on the last lap with the Vette. All I can say is that if there's a Z or Maserati behind me, I pretty much can kiss my position goodbye.

cgg
OK then I'll fill in the last space in the 370z

Read the OP again (both posts) and sign up properly. 👍

Fun, yes, but winning? Different story. I tried different tactics for passing on the last lap with the Vette. All I can say is that if there's a Z or Maserati behind me, I pretty much can kiss my position goodbye.

That's Monza! :D At least, Monza on GT5 with it's stupid slipstream. Strangely though I'm doing 160 mph at the end of the home straight. On Eddie's video in his Maserati he's doing 159. The Maserati and Z are definitely better down a straight (see Rome, Eddie's Maserati v my Vette) but do they only have better acceleration? And towards the end of the straight, for what ever reason (torque, aerodynamics?) the Vette catches them back up?

I'll get a room up soon. Unable to at the mo.

I'm online now if anyone needs Qualified ......

yeah it's good to have a picture of my car not heading towards a wall :)

M3 tune (don't know how good it is from stock):

-5/-7
10.5/10.0
6/4
6/4
3/3

1.8/1.2
-0.10/-0.05

brakes: 3/7

LSD: 15/55/10

Transmission:
final: 4.181
max speed: 193 - set first

UPDATE: 10 minutes to deadline.

times here

Last edited:
Evora isn't as slower here as people make out.

Anyone qualifying from here on receives a 2% time penalty.

CSL or Litchi, you racing?

Longbow, your first lap was clean. Are you racing?

Back