PURE | 3rd GTP IndyCar Series | New Race Directors announced

• Thread starter Tom.
  • 314 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nice job, make it clear in the title that sign ups are open to rookies and you need to change the month in your race preview that states the start date to September (it says October).

Good luck 👍

EDIT: And for gods sake get a gay guy or a straight girl to post next in the thread before Chqr scares all the drivers away.

To get this straight were having 2 races this Friday, sorry I'm bugging ya but I'm trying to balance my schedule

IndyWolf
To get this straight were having 2 races this Friday, sorry I'm bugging ya but I'm trying to balance my schedule

Yup, 2 shorter races.

My thread has more posts :sly:

On topic, I won't be practicing for either as I'm too good.

It needs more, we've already got a full grid here!

Same, although I'll probably put midweek practice in this season.

Excuse the double post but after consulting with Joe, here are the caution speeds for tomorrow:

Indy - 100mph
Monaco - 60mph

You accelerate and stay at this speed as any cars hit pit lane at the end of the first caution lap we're all together. You then take the green flag next lap.

For the first lap before the pitstops, consult the caution speeds in the OP rulebook.

Well I'll open the room in 15 minutes or so and start doing solo qualifiers at Indy. Green flag there will be once everybody has qualified and then we'll quali and run the Monaco race.

Transmission for Indy is reset to default then max speed at 249mph gents 👍

TomMcD
Yes, yes there are.

6a00d83451646969e201538dfce285970b-500wi

Good race at Indy yesterday guys 👍;) Pretty sure I came 2nd, didn't quite get Tom, but not bad with some damage :) Decided to skip the 2nd race because I'm pretty tired and Monaco is a bitch of a track :lol: Will also try to sort out my headset for next week, the mic only works occasionally so you guys didn't hear most the things I was saying :)

Apologies for my little outburst on the third time I was wrecked. It looked as though I was as much to blame as Smuffy, if not a little more on me than him.

Tired

No worries guys 👍

EDIT: Indy

Pole - Tom (40.302)

1st - Tom
2nd - Spurgy
3rd - Kartman
4th - Matty
5th - Smuffy
6th - Joe
7th - Fraiser
8th - Nel
9th - Stylez
10th - Cowboys
11th - RPH
12th - Knelly

Did Matty quit out or something?

Monaco

Pole - Tom

1. GKM
2. Joe
3. Smuffy
4. Matty (DC)
5. RPH (DC)
6.Stylez (DC)
7. Tom (DC)
8. Nel (DC)

The room collapsed, I didn't strictly 'DC', GT5 just failed on me and sent me to the PS Home screen. Very weird.

Last edited:
Riiiight will change it, didn''t see him on the replay for some reason.

PM me whenever Knelly.

Indy

Pole - Tom (40.302)

1st - Tom
2nd - Spurgy
3rd - Kartman
4th - Matty
5th - Smuffy
6th - Joe
7th - Fraiser
8th - Nel
9th - Stylez
10th - Cowboys
11th - RPH
12th - Knelly

Did Matty quit out or something?

Monaco

Pole - Tom

1. GKM
2. Joe
3. Smuffy
4. Matty (DC)
5. RPH (DC)
6.Stylez (DC)
7. Tom (DC)
8. Nel (DC)

The room collapsed, I didn't strictly 'DC', GT5 just failed on me and sent me to the PS Home screen. Very weird.

EDIT: XStylez wants to switch to Indy Lights and I have doubts about Plux and Litchi showing up so we may need 1 or two extra guys if you know anybody who would like to get involved.

Last edited:
neljack
Woah at the DC's :scared: :nervous:

And yeah looks like we need a few more drivers. :)

Well Indy didn't show but I know he normally would. Plux I have no idea and Litchi is having an issue with roomates I think, although he was online before the race.

EDIT: Plux was out with family and didn't have time to notify us pre-race.

Last edited:
Pre-Race Driver Briefing

The Brickyard 200 @ Indianapolis Motor Speedway
200 miles / 80 + 1 laps
Friday 28th September

Caution Speed - 125mph

emdUP.jpg

The 3rd season of IndyCar is about to get underway and just like last year, the winter of racing will start with a double header at the famous Indianapolis Motor Speedway, beginning this coming Friday with the Brickyard 200 which has kicked off both previous IndyCar campaigns. The team buses and trailers roll into Indianapolis with largely unchanged cars from last season aside from the altered transmission regulations allowing for more drafting at Indianapolis, which should make for some of the most frantic and exciting racing we've ever seen at the speedway. Rookie orientation has been completed and the defending champion held the pole round the 2.5 mile track for the preseason race, it remains to be seen whether anybody can snatch it from him for the season opener.

I once again have to remind you to thoroughly read the OP and all the rules on it; one issue we had was people pitting under caution during pre season. Once the caution is called you cannot enter pit lane until either Joe or myself declares it open. Doing so will result in a penalty. Also, take it easy during the opening laps. I know it's said too often but the race is never won in the first turn or at Indy, even with an overtaking move into turn 3 on the 37th lap. Just bide your time and spend as much of the race as possible going single file; the less two and three wide running we have through the corners, the less cautions we'll have. I'm not saying you can't go two and three wide through the corners, it just doesn't make sense jostling for position like that for the entire race. A better idea would be controlled slingshotting within your group so you're not fighting for position yet you're making up time. Good luck out there 👍

Tom McDonald
IndyCar Race Director

hhFFB.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back