F.I.T.T. - Clueless Classic Shootout (It's over. Thanks Everyone :D)

• Thread starter krenkme
  • 288 comments
I bought but have yet to drive the Ferrari. I may have time before the end of the week to put something together with it in the tuning department. I won't officially enter until I'm sure I can get it done if that's ok.

What a burn! I just spent $20Mill on this car and then did the Ferrari Seasonal tonight and got one for free:grumpy: It's proving to be quite a handful to tune. Still have to break it in and see what PP it leads to.

Chevrolet CAMARO Z28 RM '69

in
FRASH GREEN

8363040509_d8e51432ce_c_d.jpg

Specs
Displacement : 4949cc
Drivetrain : FR
Horsepower: 565 hp at 6500 RPM
Torque: 550 ft-lb at 4900 RPM
Power Limiter at : 100%
Weight: 1085 kg - no ballast
Performance Points: 596

8364106400_9c9612d39c_c_d.jpg

Tuning Parts Installed :

ECU Tuning
Engine Tuning Stage 3
Sports Intake Manifold
Racing Air Filter
Sports Exhaust Manifold
Catalytic Converter : Sports
Titanium Racing Exhaust
Supercharger
Full Customizable Transmission
Suspension Fully Customizable Kit
Clutch Twin Plate
Flywheel Semi Racing
Adjustable LSD
Carbon Drive Shaft

Racing Hard Tires

8363040127_7e9ee6187c_c_d.jpg

Aero :

Front : 20
Rear : 27

Transmission :

1st : 2.640
2nd : 1.766
3rd : 1.278
4th : 1.000
5th : 0.830
Final : 3.876

LSD
Initial Torque : 12
Acceleration Sensitivity: 18
Braking Sensitivity: 5

8364106684_fe6f45b0ae_c_d.jpg

Suspension :
Front, Rear

Ride Height: (40) (45)
Spring Rate: 3.0 3.0
Dampers (Extension): 4 2
Dampers (Compression): 2 2
Anti-Roll Bars: 4 6
Camber Angle: 2.8 1.8
Toe Angle: 0.15 -0.30

Brake Balance :

F/R : 8/7 for ABS 1

8363039889_3d7c5f0e57_c_d.jpg

Tuner's Note : The tune is a homage to old school muscle car, with high stance, soft spring but entertaining to drive :D Test and tune lap time was around 1:29.xxx, not fast, but very fun to drive.

Car is on share !!

Last edited:
Ridox2JZGTE
Hi, Krenkme, my PSN is GTP_Orido, I have you on my friend list :D I'll be tuning Camaro Z28 RM '69. Tune is coming soon.

Sorry, I forgot to put your PSN in your sign up. Will start testing, as soon as I pick my own car :dopey:

Johnnypenso
What a burn! I just spent $20Mill on this car and then did the Ferrari Seasonal tonight and got one for free:grumpy: It's proving to be quite a handful to tune. Still have to break it in and see what PP it leads to.

I have one broken in and with downforce adjustments and ballast, it is easy to get to 615pp... still a handful though :lol:

Good thing the seasonals pay well. You'll be back at 20mil in no time.

-I have it down to the Alfa (way slower then the rest, but very fun), the Ferrari (handful, but fast), or... well you know me, the Dodge (Powwwwerrrrrrr!!!!!!) :dopey:

*trumpet fanfare*

Aaaaand I'm back. :D

Glad I didn't miss out on this one. Looks like fun and a lot of cars I've never driven. I'll jump behind the wheel as a tester. 👍

EDIT: Also took care of adding it to the front of the FITT thread. Got some catching up to do there it seems. :ill:

*trumpet fanfare*

Glad I didn't miss out on this one. Looks like fun and a lot of cars I've never driven. I'll jump behind the wheel as a tester. 👍

EDIT: Also took care of adding it to the front of the FITT thread. Got some catching up to do there it seems. :ill:

You're back! Where were you? :P

Tuner's Note : The tune is a homage to old school muscle car, with high stance, soft spring but entertaining to drive :D Test and tune lap time was around 1:29.xxx, not fast, but very fun to drive.

In reality, it'd have run 600-800lb/in front springs and 2-400lb/in rear springs...

So 10.7-14.3/3.5-7.1kg/mm. ;)

In reality, it'd have run 600-800lb/in front springs and 2-400lb/in rear springs...

So 10.7-14.3/3.5-7.1kg/mm. ;)

That's stiff, I was more referring to road car soft :), and even if it's on RM, I did it just for fun and I want to know testers feedback on such unique setup.

I have been running softest spring on my muscle cars, my Mach 1 can keep up with Ferrari and the likes at DeadnutsevenRacing races, even in cornering, it has similar suspension setup, soft, high, lots of roll, but still grippy on SH tire, the tune posted on the thread as well.

Recently, I raced with similar setup on my Elise'96 with CS tire at Cote D'Azur, it was fun watching my car roll side to side in every corner :lol:.

Why don't you be a tester as well, I bet you would have fun with it.

Sorry I have not linked tune(s) yet. I broke my computation machine and have yet to find a way to use the phone app to cut and past stuff.

I have scraped the Alfa for this shootout, but I love that car (a little to far off the pace). The Ferrari will kill you if you don't treat it right. The Dodge is fun but a tank...

DigitalBaka
*trumpet fanfare*

This .....

trackripper123
You're back! Where were you? :P

Glad to see you again. I was a little worried :nervous:. I'll add you very soon.

Again, glad to see you back :dopey:

...and yet another double post from the double post king :banghead:

*trumpet fanfare*

Sorry, who are you..?? ................... :mischievous: Welcome back mate...

{Cy}

Two days left for tuners :nervous:...

... should I push back the deadline?

Well you need to give me the setup and some photos first. :P

And I wouldn't, I bet everyone is working on their tunes and they'll post it by the deadline, they'd say if they couldn't.

trackripper123
Well you need to give me the setup and some photos first. :P

And I wouldn't, I bet everyone is working on their tunes and they'll post it by the deadline, they'd say if they couldn't.

Yes, I am working on that. (May be getting a new PC )

Very good point. Just throwing it out there :dopey:

Hello every one .

Hi Adam I would like to sign up as a tuner and my car it will be the S800 RACE CAR .
I hope I can do it well as long time I didn't touch my wheel let see .
Have a good day all .
ND :dopey:

I've not even touched GT5 for the past couple of days. D'oh. :dunce: I'll get my boring-but-somewhat-fast Alfa written up an' ting.

Here is my entry. Good luck to everybody.
Car on share.
CHAPARRAL 2D RACE CAR '67 // 615PP // RACING HARD TIRES

Special tune for the F.I.T.T. - Clueless Classic Shootout . Only 3 gears, needed to set a veery long 1st gear for the time attack on Nurburgring GP/D track.
For the first hairpin need to brake normally at the left of the track cutting round to the apex, and round out till the exterior of the track.
This is just to maintain the speed, if not you go to low in RPM and the retake is very bad.
This is the only point of the circuit where you need to drive smooth and round. All the rest you can be agressive the way you want, the car will stay firm and planted all the time. It's high 1:24.xxx in this configuration.
NuumlrburgringGP_D_zps8aea9912.jpg

chaparral2D615pp_zpsae453df8.jpg

Enjoy your drive.

><(((((°>°°°°°°°°°​

Well, it would be a last minute entry, but I'd like to get involved in this a bit more, because although my tunes work for me, the numbers are always a bit whacky and I could learn something from this. I'll submit a tune for now.

I don't remember seeing anyone taking the Ford Mark IV, so went for that. Was able to lap in the mid 1:25's, so not as fast as Praiano in the 2D. Spent about an hour experiementing with this car until now, but unfortunately I have to go to work and by the time I get back, it will be too late to make any adjustments.

'Dem toe numbers.

IMAG0309_zps9d48a631.jpg

Not sure what my problem is but having absolutely horrible problems with understeer...:drool:

Well, it would be a last minute entry, but I'd like to get involved in this a bit more, because although my tunes work for me, the numbers are always a bit whacky and I could learn something from this. I'll submit a tune for now.

I don't remember seeing anyone taking the Ford Mark IV, so went for that. Was able to lap in the mid 1:25's, so not as fast as Praiano in the 2D. Spent about an hour experiementing with this car until now, but unfortunately I have to go to work and by the time I get back, it will be too late to make any adjustments.

Welcome to the shootout. Please send out FR to all testers in the second post. Good luck :dopey:

Not sure what my problem is but having absolutely horrible problems with understeer...:drool:

So was I. So I went with the Ferrari to loosen it up a bit :D

Everything is caught up, and mine and rippers cars on on share... just need to post :dopey:

"Old 21"
Based on the Ferrari 330 P4 RACE CAR '67

nrburgringgpd2k.jpg

Found in the New Car Dealership

580bhp
615pp
541 ft. lb. @5500 RPM of torque
weight 927 Kg

parts

Auto
Oil Change/200 miles/oil change
Paint - Red
weight Reduction
Stock
Engine
Stock
Intake
Stock
Exhaust
Stock
Turbo
Mid RPM
Gears
Custom
Drivetrain
LSD
Suspention
Custom
Tires
Racing Hard (R1)

ABS = 1
everything else off

Tune

Weight Adjustment: 135@-20

GearingIn this order please
Reset to Default
Top Speed - 249
1st - 2.305
2nd - 1.460
3rd - 1.040
4th - 0.850
5th - 0.718
Final - 4.890
Adjust for speed using final gear

LSD - 9/11/10

Ride Hight - Front: -30 Rear: -18
Spring Rate- Front: 11.0 Rear: 13.8
Extention- Front: 5 Rear: 5
Compression- Front: 3 Rear: 2
Anti-roll Bars- Front: 5 Rear: 5
Camber- Front: 1.7 Rear: 2.5
Toe Angle- Front: -0.14 Rear: 0.10
Brakes- Front: 7 Rear: 5

TUNER NOTES -
Tuned for the Clueless Classic Shootout. Treat it right (throttle control), and you'll love it... mash the gas and I'll send your loved ones flowers :dopey:

Chaparral 2D Race Car '67
Found in UCD
615PP
420BHP, 802kg
MR

nrburgringgpd1.jpg

Parts
Fully Customisable Transmission
Fully Customisable LSD
Fully Customisable Suspension
Racing Hard Tyres

Body/Chassis
Aero - 50/60
Ballast - 31 @ -50

Transmission
1st - 1.260
2nd - 0.910
3rd - 0.712
Final - 4.285
Max speed - 199mph

Drivetrain
LSD
Initial: -/9
Accel: -/20
Braking: -/7

Suspension
Ride height: -16/-9
Spring Rate: 14.0/16.6
Extension: 5/7
Compression: 3/7
Anti-Roll Bars: 5/7
Camber: 2.5/1.8
Toe: -0.20/0.00

Brakes
7/7

Chapparal 2D tuned again, this time at 615PP for Krenkme's Classic Race Car Shootout. Many thanks to Krenkme for helping me tune this by proxy.

Hosted by Krenkme.

Last edited:
Decided to go with American Muscle, doubt it will be running for top lap times but the sound of that engine!:bowdown::gtpflag:
Realized my initial test bed car had the chassis ridgity on it so got a new one and the understeer is all but gone now.
Got my Bobs smoking the field at the Laguna Seca 200 currently to get It fully broken In.:cheers:

Back