◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Currently Recruiting for GT7 - JOIN TODAY!!Open 

• Thread starter zer05ive
  • 149,534 comments
Tough choice, I'm not really fond of any of them. I choose 1.

We are all different; that's the great thing about God's greatest creation...mankind. I liked every combo and was hoping we get the same type of racing combos this week. Every combo produced good close racing. IMO :)

Is there a standard number of qualifying laps? If not, I would like to recommend that one be implemented; not after one (I won't mention names) says, "I'm finally putting together a lap, would someone please start the race". 3 laps should be sufficient. NOT 6 LAPS!

It is frustrating to have the pole taken out from under me after setting the pole after lap 3: The pole was literally taken from me on lap 6 with a few seconds left to for the race to start.
Luv I think it is important to remember we all have the same amount of time. Should we stop qualifying as soon as you set a good time and get pole? Just saying that whether the fast lap happens in the first minutes or at 9:59 is irrelevant. The pole goes to the fastest driver within the 10 minute qualifying session. Now if the pole time is set at 10:01 it should not count as pole although within game it will unfortunately.

So as a reminder to everyone if you are not going to finish your lap within the 10 minute qualifying time you should back off and not set a fast lap. Your lap must finish before the 10 minute time expires.

Is there a standard number of qualifying laps? If not, I would like to recommend that one be implemented; not after one (I won't mention names) says, "I'm finally putting together a lap, would someone please start the race". 3 laps should be sufficient. NOT 6 LAPS!

Since you're talking about me…

I said that right at 10 minutes of qualifying. I was less than thirty seconds from completing a lap and just needed someone else to hit start. I was not the one who beat your pole position and I did not allow myself extra time.

10 minutes is 10 minutes. You're always one of the first drivers on the track. You have little to complain about.

joby
So as a reminder to everyone if you are not going to finish your lap within the 10 minute qualifying time you should back off and not set a fast lap. Your lap must finish before the 10 minute time expires.

I don't think that's true at all, especially given that qualifying normally doesn't start until at least 1 minute in. Your lap must finish before the race starts. That's it.

I can see where coach is coming from on this one. I have lost a few poles from the race not getting started until 11 or 12 or 14 minutes of qualifying and someone gets a lap in right at the end. Most of the time the hosts do a good job of letting the room know when the race timer will be started and that's fine.

I really think that the procedure being used in D2 right now is a great way of qualifying. Everyone lines up and leaves at a preset interval. Once the last person to leave finishes their 3rd or 4th timed lap, they start the race. It works quite well and last night we were well ahead of schedule as far as being done by midnight ET.

Since you're talking about me…

I said that right at 10 minutes of qualifying. I was less than thirty seconds from completing a lap and just needed someone else to hit start. I was not the one who beat your pole position and I did not allow myself extra time.

10 minutes is 10 minutes. You're always one of the first drivers on the track. You have little to complain about.

I don't think that's true at all, especially given that qualifying normally doesn't start until at least 1 minute in. Your lap must finish before the race starts. That's it.

I know now from three replies the answer to my question it is based on time not # of laps. Thank you for the replies that didn't have an edge to them.

And for the record, I was not calling you out Ap. No one else on this forum knew I was referring to your comment, but since you brought it out, there it is. This is what I was talking about.:rolleyes:

I can see where coach is coming from on this one. I have lost a few poles from the race not getting started until 11 or 12 or 14 minutes of qualifying and someone gets a lap in right at the end. Most of the time the hosts do a good job of letting the room know when the race timer will be started and that's fine.

I really think that the procedure being used in D2 right now is a great way of qualifying. Everyone lines up and leaves at a preset interval. Once the last person to leave finishes their 3rd or 4th timed lap, they start the race. It works quite well and last night we were well ahead of schedule as far as being done by midnight ET.

We do the same in D3 except for the 3-4 lap thing. I agree with you JL. But the rule is 10 minutes and has been in place, so I have to be good with that. And I am. Thanks for all the replies. The horse is dead and I am done with this issue. Thanks again.

I know now from three replies the answer to my question it is based on time not # of laps. Thank you for the replies that didn't have an edge to them.

And for the record, I was not calling you out Ap. No one else on this forum knew I was referring to your comment, but since you brought it out, there it is. This is what I was talking about.:rolleyes:

…except for the other seven people in the room…

You made it sound like someone asked to get extra time to run another (or part of another) lap. That didn't happen.

A combination of a fixed number of laps to go along with the 10 minute time limit makes sense. When you're spacing out the field, the first guy out gets a pair of advantages: He doesn't have to worry about anyone in front of him getting in his way, and he gets a bit more time with the throttle down, possibly giving him another lap.

It has been talked about in the past, and something simple like giving each driver timed laps equal to the number of laps in the race less two or three, as long as they're done within the 10 minute period, would make sense and, ideally, allow every driver the same number of laps (provided they don't wreck, pull over, give up, etc.)

*puts stick away* you mean, no beating dead horses today? :( Shucks.

Anywho, Cheeb. I think I have found my issue and solution. I'm thinking that my graphics card and the stream coming in from the PVR dont mingle. and thus, I get nothing to record on my desktop.
I just downloaded capture4me on my laptop and it seems to be working good. Im setting up to record my first CandM video right now. hopefully I can get more then just minutes of video in this time though.

*puts stick away* you mean, no beating dead horses today? :( Shucks.

That is NOT the S.N.A.I.L. way my friend :rolleyes:

Stay tuned to this discussion, zer05ive and I are almost prepared to rollout the newly tweaked, buffed and shined S.N.A.I.L. Qualifying procedure. It'll be later this week at the earliest, but suffice to say, we've been using it in D2, it works well and is fair for everyone 👍

Anywho, Cheeb. I think I have found my issue and solution. I'm thinking that my graphics card and the stream coming in from the PVR dont mingle. and thus, I get nothing to record on my desktop.
I just downloaded capture4me on my laptop and it seems to be working good. Im setting up to record my first CandM video right now. hopefully I can get more then just minutes of video in this time though.

Cool, that's strange that your video card wouldn't be able to display the stream. Glad you got it sorted, looking forward to seeing the results :)

Regarding qualifying.. The way we've been doing it in D2 (and also in the Blue Room on Wednesday nights) is allowing everyone a set number of laps. It' based on this formula:

If there are 4 laps in the race, everyone gets 2 timed qualifying laps

If there are 5 or 6 laps in the race, everyone gets 3 timed qualifying laps

If there are 7 or more laps in the race, everyone gets 4 timed qualifying laps

The are some finer points as well, but I'm on my phone so add add details later. Also, cheeb is putting together a video to show new members our qualifying process.

01 13 2013 DIV 4 PIX

Grand Valley East with the Mazda RX-7 FC '90

Back view from the Pole
GrandValleyEast_5_zps673b527b.jpg

GrandValleyEast_4_zpsb0baaace.jpg

GrandValleyEast_3_zps96cfd158.jpg

GrandValleyEast_2_zps14270f5d.jpg

GrandValleyEast_1_zps95c14ef9.jpg

GrandValleyEast_zpsa94b4ffe.jpg

Deep Forest Raceway with TVR Tamora 02

DeepForestRaceway_19_zpse2faa318.jpg

DeepForestRaceway_17_zps0565da13.jpg

DeepForestRaceway_16_zps5b7af626.jpg

New Sponsor by 'The Jalapeno Pepper Co'

DeepForestRaceway_11_zps6c55ccae.jpg

DeepForestRaceway_15_zpsc7bab7ce.jpg

DeepForestRaceway_12_zpsd22b1900.jpg

DeepForestRaceway_9_zps43a26d78.jpg

DeepForestRaceway_6_zps35670415.jpg

DeepForestRaceway_3_zps1c0f662d.jpg

What Penalty? :drool:👎 Almost cost me the win.
DeepForestRaceway_1_zpsf8eebff9.jpg

DeepForestRaceway_zps069cc89d.jpg

Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca with Caterham Fireblade

MazdaRacewayLagunaSeca_15_zps7f564ad0.jpg

MazdaRacewayLagunaSeca_14_zps960566bd.jpg

I know of a shorcut.. follow me!
MazdaRacewayLagunaSeca_13_zpsde7d122c.jpg

I think not... I don't want a penaly!
MazdaRacewayLagunaSeca_12_zpsa8878f99.jpg

Shorcut? I'll take it.... And the judges bias against our northernly neighbors apply penalties!
MazdaRacewayLagunaSeca_11_zps2f725004.jpg

MazdaRacewayLagunaSeca_10_zps6cf62afd.jpg

MazdaRacewayLagunaSeca_6_zps35e62107.jpg

I wonder If I am suppose to go that way?
MazdaRacewayLagunaSeca_2_zps02d32759.jpg

I guess so, everyone else is going....
MazdaRacewayLagunaSeca_1_zps84fb3c8c.jpg

SPG Racing takes the win at the final race.

MazdaRacewayLagunaSeca_zps0518fbe1.jpg

That is NOT the S.N.A.I.L. way my friend :rolleyes:
shaninigains, its Moday, and we demand Mayhem. :crazy:
Cool, that's strange that your video card wouldn't be able to display the stream. Glad you got it sorted, looking forward to seeing the results :)
Yeah, I think so to, but its the only thing I can think of doing it. IDK, maybe not, I'm pretty sure the dell studio comes with an ATI graphics card too. So maybe not.
Anyway, I got a video of some cat and mouse loading up on youtube as I type this. A little teams of two action and lead in the wild car. At one point zer0 put Ap about 30 feet in the air. They where teams mates too...:scared:
I think I'm just going to take a bunch of clips though for now on, otherwise I would be here forever getting the clips after waiting forever to copy each race.

We been using the qualifying procedure in D1 too Zero. We finished right at 12:00am. Went smoothly and no complaints that I know of.

I think all will like it! Large rooms may need to reduce laps in half and do two groups though. We did that last week for TVR Speed 12. It went over well too.

It's not just the large rooms but the quick laps, too. Basically if you multiply the number of racers by the interval you put between them in qualifying (7-10 seconds, typically), the total in seconds had better be less than it takes to finish a hot lap!

D3 has been finishing right on time or a tad early. I'd just like to thank everyone in there for having it together and making the nights go smoothly!

I think qualifying procedure run very well but sometimes the tracks is not very long for get all the gaps 10 sec. I think we should change sometimes like 7-8-9-10 sec gap depend of the track.

jobyone
. Now if the pole time is set at 10:01 it should not count as pole although within game it will unfortunately.

In that case Coach set the pole at deep forest. I beat him at 10:40 or something; there was only like three seconds before the race actually started.

I refute my point for setting pole and give it to the real pole setter, Coach.

Does this make me a pole dancer? Oh dear.

We been using the qualifying procedure in D1 too Zero. We finished right at 12:00am. Went smoothly and no complaints that I know of.

I think all will like it! Large rooms may need to reduce laps in half and do two groups though. We did that last week for TVR Speed 12. It went over well too.

Excellent, I'm glad to hear this! Once we have the video and "official" qualifying instructions laid out, we'll roll it out to the rest of the divisions. Thanks to all in D1 for taking the initiative and not waiting to use the test format. 👍

It's not just the large rooms but the quick laps, too. Basically if you multiply the number of racers by the interval you put between them in qualifying (7-10 seconds, typically), the total in seconds had better be less than it takes to finish a hot lap!

D3 has been finishing right on time or a tad early. I'd just like to thank everyone in there for having it together and making the nights go smoothly!

I think qualifying procedure run very well but sometimes the tracks is not very long for get all the gaps 10 sec. I think we should change sometimes like 7-8-9-10 sec gap depend of the track.

Agreed, the intervals between each driver needs to be adjust based on the length of the track and the number of drivers on it. The qualifying format will be a guideline for all to follow, but ultimately, it's up to the director to make adjustments as he sees fit. This goes for choosing the time interval and whether to split the qualifying into two sessions.

In that case Coach set the pole at deep forest. I beat him at 10:40 or something; there was only like three seconds before the race actually started.

I refute my point for setting pole and give it to the real pole setter, Coach.

Does this make me a pole dancer? Oh dear.

Actually, the old format was to always start the race at 10 minutes into qualifying. From there, any times that were set during the 35 seconds that it takes to start the race were legit. Thankfully, this will be moot once we're all using the new qualifying rules since everyone will have the same number of qualifying laps.

It is frustrating to have the pole taken out from under me after setting the pole after lap 3: The pole was literally taken from me on lap 6 with a few seconds left to for the race to start.

It's 10 minutes for qualifying

Actually, the old format was to always start the race at 10 minutes into qualifying. From there, any times that were set during the 35 seconds that it takes to start the race were legit. Thankfully, this will be moot once we're all using the new qualifying rules since everyone will have the same number of qualifying laps.
I did not realize that I always thought it was a hard 10 minute rule:dunce:

Nice pics Wolf! Proves I lead at least a few times :D

Btw, my caterham is red....so if we keep it, I'll paint it white to keep it consistent...I just hate that we can't paint the wheels. :P

Here are the official results from our league night on January 13th, 2013

Click here for detailed results and statistics

Division 1
  1. BerdiyevA --------- voted to eliminate Round 1 88 points (79.27 for prize purposes only)
  2. WiiFreak ---------- voted to eliminate Round 1
  3. Nic-KL ------------ voted to eliminate Round 1
  4. OwensRacing ------- voted to eliminate Round 1
  5. QwietStorm03 ------ voted to eliminate Round 3
  6. dgafaboutany1420 -- voted to eliminate Round 3
  7. kendawg198 -------- voted to eliminate Round 1
  • hillracing -------- DNR
  • GumballCGT -------- DNR
  • SPEED14231234 ----- DNR
  • JoeyFast22 -------- DNR
  • redsoxboy80 ------- DNR
  • DownStyle --------- DNR
  • doodlemonoply ----- DNR
  • GTP_Worst_Driver -- DNR
  • z06fun1 ----------- DNR
  • JazzVanWolfe ------ DNR
  • Torino-IKA -------- DNR
  • Forcednduckshn ---- DNR
  • gatordaryl -------- DNR
  • albtifosi --------- DNR
  • VELOCI_2NR -------- DNR
Division 2
  1. racefan78 --------- voted to eliminate Round 2 85 points (86.65 for Prize B)
  2. Maxime0911 -------- voted to eliminate Round 1
  3. Drrgreenthumb67 --- voted to eliminate Round 2
  4. kcheeb ------------ voted to eliminate Round 2
  5. jlbowler ---------- voted to eliminate Round 3
  6. nmcp1 ------------- voted to eliminate Round 1
  7. AG07WRXTR --------- voted to eliminate Round 2
  8. AJK-VAIL ---------- voted to eliminate Round 2
  9. tcrash15 ---------- voted to eliminate Round 3
  10. Ice_Warden -------- voted to eliminate Round 2
  11. dangerzone641 ----- did not submit a vote
  • dabneyd ----------- DNR
  • DrKronin ---------- DNR
  • wackylatino ------- DNR
  • GTP_PaulMac ------- DNR
  • GTP_pilmat -------- DNR
  • Turbo91stdcivic --- DNR
  • Soren535 ---------- DNR
  • SPIDERMANLOL1 ----- DNR
  • A_Higher_Place ---- DNR
Division 3
  1. Da_Panda_Bear ----- voted to eliminate Round 1 86 points (83.12 for Prize C)
  2. Luv2Coach --------- voted to eliminate Round 2
  3. cheechoo777 ------- voted to eliminate Round 2
  4. DudeTuna ---------- voted to eliminate Round 3
  5. Apmaddock --------- voted to eliminate Round 2
  6. Oshawa-Joe -------- voted to eliminate Round 1
  7. tezgm99 ----------- voted to eliminate Round 2
  8. zer05ive ---------- voted to eliminate Round 2
  9. ChuthuluGoat ------ voted to eliminate Round 3
  • bug1623 ----------- DNR
  • dragonwhisky ------ DNR
  • spooble ----------- DNR
  • NashNGW ----------- DNR
  • GTP_mike46an2 ----- DNR
  • GTP_BeRandom ------ DNR
  • RAM_SAM ----------- DNR
  • Astrias ----------- DNR
  • rallywgn81 -------- DNR
  • moi_2212 ---------- DNR
  • NCemtB ------------ DNR
  • ravy1316 ---------- DNR
Division 4
  1. Wolfsatz ---------- voted to eliminate Round 1 91 points (79.60 for prize purposes only)
  2. Schmiggz ---------- voted to eliminate Round 3
  3. GTP_SGPracing ----- voted to eliminate Round 2
  4. ExoSphere64 ------- voted to eliminate Round 3
  5. GTP_pyxen --------- voted to eliminate Round 3
  6. iroquois-- -------- did not submit a vote
  7. lifesagamble420 --- did not submit a vote
  • Sandblazter ------- DNR
  • cmbeal317 --------- DNR
  • weaver-2009_ ------ DNR
  • Vol_Jbolaz -------- DNR
  • zxxCOUNT210xxz ---- DNR
  • leadbedr ---------- DNR
  • jobyone ----------- DNR
  • NATHANFLYS -------- DNR
  • KuulKriine -------- DNR
  • NateD29 ----------- DNR
  • ZohsixGT5 --------- DNR
  • whatbadgerseat ---- DNR
  • II-NOVA-II -------- DNR
  • donconater -------- DNR
Division 5
  1. the2armedmen ------ voted to eliminate Round 1 97 points (90.70 for Prize A)
  2. socalracer310 ----- voted to eliminate Round 3
  3. Skills_19657 ------ voted to eliminate Round 2
  4. codeblue111 ------- voted to eliminate Round 2
  5. canuckleheadII ---- voted to eliminate Round 2
  6. TEX-36 ------------ voted to eliminate Round 1
  7. flesxruoyxllik ---- voted to eliminate Round 2
  8. Driftin_Assassin -- voted to eliminate Round 2
  • Jfin07 ------------ DNR
  • blOody_Alb21 ------ DNR
  • SCREAMING_CHIEF --- DNR
  • Handlebar-Man ----- DNR
  • g-MachineREX ------ DNR
  • THRASH_46 --------- DNR
  • primarywheel ------ DNR
  • cosasquez --------- DNR
  • Obi-Tonobi -------- DNR
  • GranStand_Bill ---- DNR
  • luckyluc93 -------- DNR
  • Solbergg ---------- DNR
  • Sirhankysur ------- DNR
  • iceandspice ------- DNR
  • DRaKeWiLD --------- DNR
The round that received the most elimination votes was:
ROUND 2 - TVR Tamora '02 @Deep Forest Raceway

Therefore it has been dropped from next week's line-up. Since the2armedmen wins Prize A, he gets to decide which car and track will replace it.

The round that received the second most votes was:
ROUND 1 - Mazda RX-7 GT-X (FC) '90 @Grand Valley East

This means either the car or the track will be replaced for next week's line-up. Since racefan78 gets Prize B, he gets to decide which is replaced and what replaces it.

Price C goes to Da_Panda_Bear so he gets any gift car ticket listed here.

Last edited:
Back