cars you hate, vent out your anger here

• Thread starter alfiD
  • 365 comments
As an engineering student, they weren't designed for such.
Heard of em. Still hate them. I would rather be back in the hospital on life support then to be around one

I have to assume that there was quite a bit of engineering behind the fast versions that Honda made. They didn't just double the horsepower on those cars from the base versions and do nothing else.

Toronado
I have to assume that there was quite a bit of engineering behind the fast versions that Honda made. They didn't just double the horsepower on those cars from the base versions and do nothing else.

Im not talking about the pros, im talking about those hondas abused by street racers. But even then, those special versions such as the ones by Spoon for example, are well, that, a Spoon Civic. They don't represent the performance of all of them.

2013-Ram-1500-front-1024x640.jpg

And that takes the title of my most hated vehicle. Those big useless trucks are everywhere in my town. A truck is a work tool, so how could you work with fancy leather seats and huge 20 inches chrome rims huh ? You look like you're overcompensating for something...

My grandpa has a 2011 and it's actually pretty nice. Decent ride quality (the early 2000's one he had was smoother) and it's pretty ballsy when it needs it for a truck.

Many of my pet peeves with cars are to do with drivers rather than the cars themselves. Ie. Holdens with Chevrolet badges, SUVs/SAVs that never actually go off-road or are never used for any sort of utility in their life, R32-R34 Skylines that aren't a GT-R.

Heard of em. Still hate them. I would rather be back in the hospital on life support then to be around one

Im not talking about the pros, im talking about those hondas abused by street racers.

That's because Honda makes good cars and thus lots of people buy them. And then young people get their hands on them because that's all they can afford.
Not the cars fault when it gets driven by imbeciles.

But even then, those special versions such as the ones by Spoon for example, are well, that, a Spoon Civic. They don't represent the performance of all of them.

Of course they don't, that's like saying that all Mustangs are slow because you keep seeing early 2000's models with V6's everywhere.

So what exactly do you have against those cars apart from the drivers?

Bopop4

That's because Honda makes good cars and thus lots of people buy them. And then young people get their hands on them because that's all they can afford.
Not the cars fault when it gets driven by imbeciles.

Of course they don't, that's like saying that all Mustangs are slow because you keep seeing early 2000's models with V6's everywhere.

So what exactly do you have against those cars apart from the drivers?

Well, like the title of the thread suggest, I said I hate them, well, because I do. Might as well ask the other users why they hold something against the cars they do, right? I'm not saying they are bad cars, I just personally dont like them.

Not saying they are bad cars, I just don't like them. Period. I don't think they are fast. Period. About the smart car, ugliest abomination ever brewed. As a mechanical engineering student, yeah its creative, but it lacks a certain appeal accompanied by the products of other car companies.
So you don't even have a reason, but you just don't like them? I can't stand these kind of people in the automotive world, and unfortunately, given the hillbilly-ridden location I live in, it's riddled with "Ford is crap", "Chevy is crap" "VW is junk", "Hondas are crap/slow" everywhere you turn and the whole thing just reeks of ignorance and opinions based on misinformation. FYI, the 90's Hondas, the ones you probably especially hate, have incredible suspension designs and can be made extremely capable and quick, fairly easily.

I would think, ESPECIALLY as an engineering student, you'd have something more logical than that. What a ridiculous thread.

I "hate" some vehicles, yes, but I have very clear reasons on why I dislike them, most of them based around the fact that I have to work on a lot of them, and I come across a LOT of extremely poor design and engineering, which leads me to dislike some vehicles for those reasons, but never "just because".

Perfect Balance
So you don't even have a reason, but you just don't like them? I can't stand these kind of people in the automotive world, and unfortunately, given the hillbilly-ridden location I live in, it's riddled with "Ford is crap", "Chevy is crap" "VW is junk", "Hondas are crap/slow" everywhere you turn and the whole thing just reeks of ignorance and opinions based on misinformation. FYI, the 90's Hondas, the ones you probably especially hate, have incredible suspension designs and can be made extremely capable and quick, fairly easily.

I would think, ESPECIALLY as an engineering student, you'd have something more logical than that. What a ridiculous thread.

I "hate" some vehicles, yes, but I have very clear reasons on why I dislike them, most of them based around the fact that I have to work on a lot of them, and I come across a LOT of extremely poor design and engineering, which leads me to dislike some vehicles for those reasons, but never "just because".

Okay then. Here are some reasons. They are ff. And people think they are fast. There. Happy? Don't like the thread? Then ignore it. Go work on a car or something. I cant stand people like you in the automotive world, that when another fellow gear head doesn't like a car, instead of respectinf their opinion you attack them. Attack all you want. I will stand by my words.

So you don't even have a reason, but you just don't like them?

What exactly is wrong with that?

I get wanting informed opinions, but on the same token I don't exactly see the point in focusing on something I'm not all that fond of.

I hate square cars such as the Nissan Cube, Scion xB, Kia Soul and the Honda Element.

Cars that look like bricks are not cool. The designs should've incorporated some curves to liven them up a bit, then they wouldn't look like Postman Pat's van.

I love the Scion xB, especially the 2nd gen, because I have a 2009 xB. Now I don't like the Cute & Soul, because those cars are the competitor of my car. That's the way I am. lol But the Cube is ugly some, & a Soul is a girls car, noting wrong with that, but it's true.

It's not so much the car that I hate, more the drivers of SUVs, especially the ones from GM and Ford. I always see just one person inside them, so I really wonder why the need for such a big, fuel-inefficient car.

I get the idea that people who drive SUVs only do so because they themselves are terrible drivers, and need a big cushion around them in case of an accident.

Bopop4
That's not a good reason to hate a car...

Because quite a few of them are fast.

You don't have to like my opinion. I hate them. Okay. Nothing against you, or anything. To me it's a very good reason.

Okay, so a lot of people don't like that I dislike, hate, certain Hondas. That is okay with me. Heck, you might hate my car who knows (1992 Toyota Supra turbo). And i'm okay with that, because I respect your opinion. I mean this thread is a way for people to list the cars they don't like. Just something for fun. Many GTPlanet users posted the cars they don't like, and the reasons. Why don't you guys who attack me attack them and ask them why or tell them that because a car has shiny rims is not a good enough reason to not like it? I'm not here to argue. I'm here because like all of you I have a passion for cars, all of them, and yes, there are some I don't like. I have played Gran Turismo since the first edition came out on the first PlayStation. I was a young boy at the time, and it helped fuel my passion for cars that led me to be an engineer. I'm not asking you to like me, don't, you guys don't pay my bills or buy me my dinner. You don't pay the gas for my car. But please, show some respect and don't hi jack this thread and turn it into a "let's fry the Honda hater" thread. Enjoy GT and whatever car you drive, if it makes you happy, that is what matters.

Last edited by a moderator:
I cant stand people like you in the automotive world, that when another fellow gear head doesn't like a car, instead of respectinf their opinion you attack them. Attack all you want. I will stand by my words.
Just because you can express an opinion doesn't mean it can't be challenged.

Anyway, I've got only one example of a car that truly deserves hate:

1656189.jpg

This was the car that was the beginning of the end for GM. The car that showed just how inept they truly were; and worse, the car that firmly established how horrific the complacency of the company and to put such a terrible image on the American auto industry as a whole. Possibly even ruined the concept of a premium compact car as enjoyed by Europeans for an entire generation of drivers.
Horrible, horrible cars. While Ford was busy rather taking their European cars and adapting them to the US market (with admittedly questionable success most of the time) and Dodge was working with Mitsubishi and designing new and at least competitive compacts every few years, Chevrolet just kept churning out the Cavalier with little care for how good it was, or how well it competed, or anything beyond how much it sold for how little effort they could put.

Here is Chevrolet's compact effort in 1981:

1982%20Cavalier%20Pirate%20Ship.jpg

Here's their compact effort in 1985:

%2785-%2788_Chevy_Cavalier_Sedan.jpg

Here's their compact effort in 1990:

1990_chevrolet_cavalier_4_dr_std_sedan-pic-65281.jpeg

Here's their compact effort in 1994:

1992_chevrolet_cavalier_4_dr_rs_sedan-pic-23525.jpeg

I wouldn't even be surprised if the freaking doors were interchangeable between a 1981 and a 1994 model. They cared so little, they didn't even change the taillights on the wagon model.

Finally, finally, GM updated the Cavalier in 1995. They stripped it of all of the already few good points (good styling in the sport models, a torquey engine and at least the image of sportiness) for a generic jellybean blob of a car that was no less garbage compared to the new offering from Dodge, nevermind the Japanese makes (my dad had a 1990 Z24 Coupe that he loved it despite the problems he knew it had, but he recalls going to trade it in in 1996 and even him being disgusted with how horrible the newer one was. He bought a Neon ACR instead).

21580909.jpg

And then 10 years later:

40806366.jpg

The car that was hopeless against the 1995 Civic, still sold proudly as a testament to the American automotive industry against the 2005 Civic. So completely care free in it's design that when they redesigned the front end to change the headlight styling, they wouldn't even change the fenders to match. Even in that picture you can see that the build quality was so lackadaisical that the hood doesn't line up with the rest of the car, And people wonder why Americans view small cars with such disdain, to the extent that they are only just above not having a car at all. Well, there's 24 years of reasoning right there.

Of course, GM wasn't content with having such an awful car under one name. They spread it around a bit. There was a Buick version and an Oldsmobile version and a Pontiac version and the infamous Cadillac version; since GM just wasn't content with dragging Chevrolet down the toilet. Worse still, those versions were the cars that GM experimented with turbocharging and various other engine technologies with, depriving other, better cars of those nifty and powerful engines as they sit rotting in junkyards around the country.

Even Europeans got in on the action:

scan0006.jpg

I don't know too much detail about it, but since the thing is almost identical to the very first version of the Chevrolet I assume the Vauxhall Cavalier was equally awful, with the main difference being that the convertible had a completely different design that looked a bit worse than ours (though at least they were spared of the car after 1988).

And for god knows what reason, even Toyota grabbed a few and sold them in Japan as a Toyota; doing who knows what damage to both companies' image abroad.

The Cavalier was truly, truly, a car worthy of hate.

Last edited:
Toronado
Just because you can express an opinion doesn't mean it can't be challenged.

Anyway, I've got only one example of a car that truly deserves hate:

Not saying my opinions can't be challenged, I gave my reasons, but when people go on to say "I can't stand people like this in the autmotive world", that is a bit much and somewhat out of topic. In my opinion the honda civic is worthy of hate to me. But hey nice list, very educational.

I cant stand people like you in the automotive world, that when another fellow gear head doesn't like a car, instead of respectinf their opinion you attack them.
Wow that's a first. Typically car enthusiasts don't like when someone isn't appreciative of all cars (like I frequently am), yet here's someone who hates car people who don't appreciate someone hating on a car for no reason. :odd:

I mean, if you had a few valid reasons, maybe I'd say, ok sure, I can see that, but as far as I can see, what you're doing is saying "These cars suck, just because I think so, but I don't actually have any real reasons, they just rub me in the wrong way". My bad for thinking that's laughable, but that's just me.

EDIT: You said they're FF, and they're slow. So are probably 75% of the world's cars. Do you hate them as well? Not much of a gearhead are we?

Perfect Balance
Wow that's a first. Typically car enthusiasts don't like when someone isn't appreciative of all cars (like I frequently am), yet here's someone who hates car people who don't appreciate someone hating on a car for no reason. :odd:

I mean, if you had a few valid reasons, maybe I'd say, ok sure, I can see that, but as far as I can see, what you're doing is saying "These cars suck, just because I think so, but I don't actually have any real reasons, they just rub me in the wrong way". My bad for thinking that's laughable, but that's just me.

I don't like them for many reasons. If you don't like that I don't like them thats fine with me =). There are certain ff cars that are okay.

I don't like FF cars,boring,lifeless things they are.
Front heavy,understeery turd boxes.

Ignorance like this is beyond comprehension...
bmw-x6-images.jpg

The BMW X6.
Why would you spend £50 000 on something that doesn't work, completely unnecessary, ugly, over priced, too big and is generally a hateful car.
Don't waste your money, save up a bit more and buy an M5. Practicality is just as good, incredible performance, good looks and you will own one of the best cars on sale today.
This I agree with though, hate the X6.

McLaren
Ah, the old "FF sucks"-style posts. Must be mad tyte drifters, yo.

lol nothing agaisnt ff's, only some, and it happens to be that some of the cars I dont like are ff. Its almost as if they want me to say "okay. Ffs are cool and I now like civics to conform to your standards". Oh man. I new this thread was going to be controversial.

Chevrolet Cavalier. Any year. Any model.

Long Cavalier Rant.

I'm glad to see someone else hates Cavaliers as much as I do.:lol:

My first car was an '88 Cavalier coupe that would blow it's water pump at least once a month. I remember the last time the water pump blew, I was about 20 miles from home. I said 🤬 it, and drove home. By the time I got in the driveway the car was making all kinds of noise and smoking like a John Deere tractor. It had definitely blown the head gasket and probably warped the head. I didn't care, I felt I had done the world a service by blowing up one of these damnable contraptions. :lol:

Last edited:
I don't like FF cars,boring,lifeless things they are.
Front heavy,understeery turd boxes.

tumblr_l9sg7cLAuS1qzm2a1o1_400.gif

jeep-commander-06.jpg

One car I personally have a distaste for is the Jeep Commander, Jeep's half-assed attempt at appeasing the growing 7 seat SUV/Crossover market by stretching the already meh Grand Cherokee; what could possibly go wrong. Well...everything. In the process of making a bigger Grand Cherokee that could hold a third row, they forgot to actually make sure that third row was actually inhabitable, or the second row, or the first row. For a week in August of 2008, a red Commander from Enterprise was our transportation on Vancouver Island. During that week there was a great deal of driving and I got to know the SUV pretty well from the center seat of the second row.
The interior was typical Chrysler at the time, ie: crap. Everywhere you looked and touched there were hard black plastics on everything, and if you didn't know better you might be fooled into thinking the seats were plastic as well. Rock hard and un-supportive seats coated in rough, sterile-feeling fabric were not the ideal place for soaking up hours of driving on twisty Canadian roads. The vehicle wasn't very refined either, which you may come to expect from what's supposed to be a flagship Jeep, but instead it felt rough, and vibrations from the road were common. Though I obviously never drove it, I certainly wasn't envious. The Jeep came equipped with a hopelessly under powered V6 that was slow, coarse and not that fuel efficient. Thankfully it only needed to be filled up twice.

The only good thing I can honestly say about the Commander is that it looked kinda nice. Other than that, after experiencing this, a rented Compass a few months later, a Stratus years before, and a Durango taxi the year before, I can see why Chrysler needed bailing out.

Toyota-HiLux.jpg

...And every car similar. Sorry, but I HATE them! They're all a complete eyesores... Nobody can see past them in traffic, and (in Australian cities at least) they're driven exclusively by self-centered knobheads.

Ute-Muster-Shark-Bar.jpg

And the humble V8-Powered Holden Commodore/Ford Falcon. Again, I absolutely hate them thanks to the people who drive them. They're usually drag racing down my street at 2:00am, waking up the entire neighbourhood. Apart from the VE Commodore, the styling of all of these Aussie V8 saloons bore me to death. And they're everywhere! Hate them.

Whoa... That was a very brave post!:crazy:

lol nothing agaisnt ff's, only some, and it happens to be that some of the cars I dont like are ff. Its almost as if they want me to say "okay. Ffs are cool and I now like civics to conform to your standards". Oh man. I new this thread was going to be controversial.
Nobody has asked you to conform to anything. What they've asked is why you've formed the opinions you have on them.

Just by saying, "IMO" at the end of a claim doesn't actually make your opinion any more valid.

McLaren
Nobody has asked you to conform to anything. What they've asked is why you've formed the opinions you have on them.

Just by saying, "IMO" at the end of a claim doesn't actually make your opinion any more valid.

I didn't say anyone asked me. I didn't say "imo" if you are referring to me.

Latest Posts

Back