◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Currently Recruiting for GT7 - JOIN TODAY!!Open 

• Thread starter zer05ive
  • 149,534 comments
Madrid will be worse than Rome for all the guys complaining about street courses being too tight or having guys bouncing off the wall and into your line. I know a few guys made that complaint about Rome in D2 last week and about street courses in general. They will just love Madrid!:scared:

I personally like the street courses so no complaints here. I just know it will probably be unpopular in D2. I think that is also partially why racefan picked Daytona. Plenty of room and runoff space in most parts of the track with a lot of draft passing if you don't lose the pack.

I have no problem with most of the street courses, except for London. I do think that Rome Reverse is far superior than the regular version, but both Madrid versions are fun. Madrid mini is a bit too small for anything over 450PP, much like London.

..might as well for continuity! As I'm at home for work today, I'll go load up the PS3 and get Bob to break in a new Cap RM for me.

Looks like a fun line up.

(1) Clio @ GVE
(2) Alfa @ Daytona (RC ?)
(3) Cappuccino RM @ Madrid Reverse

Glad the Alfa gets another chance. Fun car.

Breaking the Cappy in now.

I've got an old warrior from ORCA's Cappuccino Series but she is all built up. Have another we used for a Dan Wheldon tribute and will not repaint that one. It's retired

I really wish the refresh / restore ticket removed the chassis reinforcement. :( I've got a few Chromeline cars and Stealths that are limited to tuning rooms cause of this unknown feature.

Maybe PD should fix that when using the ticket.

Last edited:
What a jerk. He did that same thing to my Alfa for the H-gate enduro.

It's also annoying when that guy decides to put engine tuning on your car so you buy another one only to realise it comes standard with engine tuning and you actually did have it stock :dunce:

Problems entering track. Cappucino 73 HP / 388 PP after break in. Have not touched anything after RMed the car. Set Tuning Prohibited on and will not let me enter track. Anyone with this problem?

Problems entering track. Cappucino 73 HP / 388 PP after break in. Have not touched anything after RMed the car. Set Tuning Prohibited on and will not let me enter track. Anyone with this problem?

Try resting to default for transmission, adjustable suspension. You could also try switching to your 'B Sheet' settings in tuning.

Id like to join s.n.a.i.l.
Hi LondonDTM,

Thanks for your interest! We are always happy to have drivers who race clean. Here's what you need to know and do in order to join:

We run a clean league by enforcing a strict penalty system based on the S.N.A.I.L. OLR (which is a modified version of the GTP OLR). We also expect all of our drivers to know and follow The Good Racecraft Guide.
Please become versed in both if you aren't already. Once that is complete, please follow the steps below to complete your entry into the league:

1. You run the Time Trial. (NOTE: The tires selected for this have more grip than our current tire regulations allow, but please follow the directions exactly anyways).
2. You PM kcheeb with your time from the time trial (no Sunday racing until this is completed).
3. We assign you to the division that we feel will give you the closest competition.
4. We send you a you a PSN friend request from the corresponding SNAIL_Division1, 2, 3, 4 or 5 account. That PSN account's lounge is where you will race on Sunday night.
6. You drive fast and clean on Sunday 👍

The original post has everything you need to know about what to expect on Sunday night and what you will need to have completed in order to be competitive. If you have any questions, please feel free to post your question on the thread.

Please note that we often race DLC from three add-on packs:

Racing Car Pack
Course Pack
Twin Ring Motegi Pack

If you don't have these add-on packs, you will need to sit out the races in which they are used.

If you have a preference for car/wheel colour and racing number, post your choices in this thread.
To avoid duplication, the currently claimed combinations can be found here.

During the week we run a number of different events, we encourage all SNAILs to join as many as possible.

Welcome to S.N.A.I.L. :cheers:

i thought since we weren't racing sunday that we had over a week to decide on the cars. i kinda like 125 kart @ monaco, but if the cap is what we are running im fine with that too

Try resetting your trans

Last edited:
Madrid will be worse than Rome for all the guys complaining about street courses being too tight or having guys bouncing off the wall and into your line. I know a few guys made that complaint about Rome in D2 last week and about street courses in general. They will just love Madrid!:scared:

I personally like the street courses so no complaints here. I just know it will probably be unpopular in D2. I think that is also partially why racefan picked Daytona. Plenty of room and runoff space in most parts of the track with a lot of draft passing if you don't lose the pack.

We ran the
NSX RM there for a couple of weeks and it was a blast; other than the 1st lap chicane, no issues on track!

Alright folks, after some extensive testing, I've decided my offical choice will be:

Daytona Road Course

Don't get me wrong, I freaking love Suzuka, but I think Daytona will provide for closer racing, with more passing room.

i dont know if you guys noticed but my pick was the Cap RM on madrid reverse

Thanks for making your picks, guys. I won't be able to post the lineup until later tonight, but it definitely looks fun! I'm especially excited to race the Cappuccino RM. It's the car that finally made me pull the trigger and create an account on :gtplanet: so that I could make my very first post. Before that, I was just a lurker.. So I guess you could even say that the Cappuccino RM indirectly led to the creation of S.N.A.I.L. :)

Thanks for making your picks, guys. I won't be able to post the lineup until later tonight, but it definitely looks fun! I'm especially excited to race the Cappuccino RM. It's the car that finally made me pull the trigger and create an account on :gtplanet: so that I could make my very first post. Before that, I was just a lurker.. So I guess you could even say that the Cappuccino RM indirectly led to the creation of S.N.A.I.L. :)
Wow Racing with Wii and Owen from the start. That was brave:) Or Humbling.

Does anyone know if we are racing sunday

SNAIL regular scheduled event is on break this week.

There has been talk of doing the Alfa TZ2 at Nurb 24hr. 6 laps no weather. Time factor 24. Starting at 17:00 track time. ;)

This is 1hr and cycle time 24hrs.

If folks are interested. We can meet in D1 at 9pm. Maybe extend the laps a couple and reduce time factor.

There has been talk of doing the Alfa TZ2 at Nurb 24hr. 6 laps no weather. Time factor 24. Starting at 17:00 track time. ;)

This is 1hr and cycle time 24hrs. :lol::lol:

If folks are interested. We can meet in D1 at 9pm. Maybe extend the laps a couple and reduce time factor.

shameless.....:lol: but I would be there! :sly:

shameless.....:lol: but I would be there! :sly:

Well the shifting race on Monday left several out. So if we do it Sunday with no requirements on trans/wheel then those wanting in on the fun can.

;) ill be banging gears if we do it.

I'm ok with holding regular format practice too.

I was wondering if there was a S.N.A.I.L. who was very good at running consistent lap times would be willing to do an experiment. The idea is to get a baseline on what effect the break in and oil change have on lap times. For instance what times could you get for the 8C at Daytona:

Stock (no oil change, no break in)
Oil Change
Oil Change + Break in

Really just curious and I am not consistent enough to make my times meaningful.

Anyone willing to give it a try?

I was wondering if there was a S.N.A.I.L. who was very good at running consistent lap times would be willing to do an experiment. The idea is to get a baseline on what effect the break in and oil change have on lap times. For instance what times could you get for the 8C at Daytona:

Stock (no oil change, no break in)
Oil Change
Oil Change + Break in

Really just curious and I am not consistent enough to make my times meaningful.

Anyone willing to give it a try?

whats the purpose?. the car/track combo would make the differences change.

I've never done a test on the lap times but you can tell during the race if you didn't break in your car. Basically, the rest of the field will drive away from you on any straight. In some cases, the car that is not broken in can't even stay in the draft down the straights.

I know you're a numbers guy but this one is proven just by the eyeball test. If someone was to do the numbers, I'm sure they would find wide variations in the differences based on the different cars and different tracks. There would be a virtually endless number of differences in lap times.

Back