◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Currently Recruiting for GT7 - JOIN TODAY!!Open 

• Thread starter zer05ive
  • 149,533 comments
Hitting D1 for some Daytona practice in the Alfa in a moment.

///

Thanks for the company, 2armed & Coach.

This is a much slipperier combo than Madrid! Did they oil the grass, or the edges of the course?

We made some headway on times, but I really struggled for a positive consistency to my lap times.

I know what to work on tomorrow, I suppose.

Last edited:
If only we could do an endurance race with multiple classes in honor of the 24 hours of Daytona, or maybe three races, same track, each race with different class? If anyone is interested in this, we should try to do it.

I thought of this a while ago; however the qualifyinig would need to be done on a separate day so that you can place the correct order on track.

We could do Prototypes, Touring Class /GT Cars and just Tuned Cars up to a PP limit.
Thoughts?

5 Prototypes
5 TC / GT Cars
6 Tuned Cars

Here's what I think we should do, since we have two endurance races two days in a row, I think we should keep one day with endurance with all one car and then have the other day be with a multi class race

That is a good alternative but you need to get the buy in from the Race Organizers of either one. Those 2 series have been running for some time and they are stable.

Well yesterday danneyd said that he had to withdraw from hosting the Friday series soooo there's an opening there, unless someone has decided to continue the series

As discussed a few days ago, dabneyd is no longer able to host the Friday series. Therefore, I'd like to know if anyone is interested in either taking over his series or creating a new one altogether.

If there is a desire to create a new series, let me just say that the idea of multi-class racing seems to be a popular, but also very elusive. Before the above conversation between dangerzone and Wolfsatz, a few others have also expressed an interest in it. For example, iriquois proposed the idea three months ago and way back in July, dabneyd himself said, "I want to do two class racing so badly."

So the question is, why haven't we done it yet? The S.N.A.I.L. Racing Series has almost every kind of racing format imaginable, so it's a bit surprising that we haven't had any multi-class racing yet. Thoughts? Suggestions?

zer05ive
As discussed a few days ago, dabneyd is no longer able to host the Friday series. Therefore, I'd like to know if anyone is interested in either taking over his series or creating a new one altogether.

If there is a desire to create a new series, let me just say that the idea of multi-class racing seems to be a popular, but also very elusive. Before the above conversation between dangerzone and Wolfsatz, a few others have also expressed an interest in it. For example, iriquois proposed the idea three months ago and way back in July, dabneyd himself said, "I want to do two class racing so badly."

So the question is, why haven't we done it yet? The S.N.A.I.L. Racing Series has almost every kind of racing format imaginable, so it's a bit surprising that we haven't had any multi-class racing yet. Thoughts? Suggestions?

I was thinking I'd like to move STATS to Friday to boost participation.

I have been impressed with the pictures displayed from the different Divisions race meets. And have wanted to try and get some on from Wed night sessions, and a few Div 5 races.
I have some good shots from Wed night, but can't figure out how to save them to the flash drive, or how to post them on the S.N.A.I.L. thread.
Anyone care to share a few instructions? I'm not a computer Wiz, so make it "Transfer For Dummies" if you please.

Do you want to switch nights with me? I'd be sad to not be able to commit to STATS, but I would still like to do the endurance series. We could try multi-class racing since there seems to be some interest.

I have been impressed with the pictures displayed from the different Divisions race meets. And have wanted to try and get some on from Wed night sessions, and a few Div 5 races.
I have some good shots from Wed night, but can't figure out how to save them to the flash drive, or how to post them on the S.N.A.I.L. thread.
Anyone care to share a few instructions? I'm not a computer Wiz, so make it "Transfer For Dummies" if you please.
Here is a guide I found

In addition to Picaso I think people also use photobucket and imgur.com to host the files

Tex,
Ill send you instructions over PM. 👍 ... Sent !

You want proof of that win from last night?

Last edited:

Do you want to switch nights with me? I'd be sad to not be able to commit to STATS, but I would still like to do the endurance series. We could try multi-class racing since there seems to be some interest.

I think this would be the ideal solution if you're both agreeable to it. 👍

If this happens I would be willing to organize a new Saturday event 👍

or help someone else! 👍

Saturday nights we run S.P.E.C. hosted by cmbeal. You , and everyone , are more than welcome to join us.👍
Come check it out!:)

Last edited:
dabneyd

Fridays are more miss than hit for me :(

I have had an idea in my head for a while about a nights racing I would love to try and just seeing if anyone else likes the idea. The idea is this.

4 Races (20 minutes each)
4 Tracks (thinking Spa, Daytona Road Course, Tsukuba, Luguna Seca although I am open to which tracks we run)
4 Cars.

So far pretty straight forward. Here is where it gets interesting (I Hope)

Each competitor gets to choose his own cars
The total PP of all the cars (with Oil Change and Break-in) can not exceed 1600 PP. No limiting will be allowed.

Additionally each competitor must drive cars with 4 different layouts. So everyone must drive one of each of these:

Front engine Front wheel drive
Front engine Rear wheel drive
Mid Engine Rear wheel drive (A rear engine Rear wheel drive counts)
4 wheel drive (any engine layout)

So each car can only be used in one race and it will be up to the competitor to choose which car they use for each race.

The idea is to throw a bit of strategy in to the night both in your choice of cars but also in which tracks you choose to use the cars on.

Pts would be scored with the usual method (16 - 1st, 15 - 2nd…) There will only be one qualifying period at the beginning (4 pts for pole) and after the first race we would switch to reverse grid for the rest of the races.

Does anyone think this would be worth trying or have any suggestions on the format?

I have had an idea in my head for a while about a nights racing I would love to try and just seeing if anyone else likes the idea. The idea is this.

4 Races (20 minutes each)
4 Tracks (thinking Spa, Daytona Road Course, Tsukuba, Luguna Seca although I am open to which tracks we run)
4 Cars.

So far pretty straight forward. Here is where it gets interesting (I Hope)

Each competitor gets to choose his own cars
The total PP of all the cars (with Oil Change and Break-in) can not exceed 1600 PP. No limiting will be allowed.

Additionally each competitor must drive cars with 4 different layouts. So everyone must drive one of each of these:

Front engine Front wheel drive
Front engine Rear wheel drive
Mid Engine Rear wheel drive (A rear engine Rear wheel drive counts)
4 wheel drive (any engine layout)

So each car can only be used in one race and it will be up to the competitor to choose which car they use for each race.

The idea is to throw a bit of strategy in to the night both in your choice of cars but also in which tracks you choose to use the cars on.

Pts would be scored with the usual method (16 - 1st, 15 - 2nd…) There will only be one qualifying period at the beginning (4 pts for pole) and after the first race we would switch to reverse grid for the rest of the races.

Does anyone think this would be worth trying or have any suggestions on the format?

I love this idea jobyone! I've been trying to get races like this for a while. Seems interesting and fun! Driftin_Assassin Approves!

I love this idea jobyone! I've been trying to get races like this for a while. Seems interesting and fun! Driftin_Assassin Approves!

I concur, that idea sounds very intriguing....joby, would it be only premium cars allowed, or can we use a combo of premiums and standards?

I like the idea too! Would tuning be allowed or prohibited? Would the tire grade remain the same for all four rounds or would it be based on the PP of each car?

I concur, that idea sounds very intriguing....joby, would it be only premium cars allowed, or can we use a combo of premiums and standards?

I like the idea too! Would tuning be allowed or prohibited? Would the tire grade remain the same for all four rounds or would it be based on the PP of each car?

Well If Driftin_Assassin Approves we have to do it.

I would like any car to be available so Standard and Premium. My instinct says tuning prohibited. Tires are tricky. We could say Sports hard for everything but I feel if we go for tires based on normal S.N.A.I.L. rules it might be more fun. A bit of testing may be needed.

Do you think our car lineups should be secret or should we reveal them prior to racing?

Interest so far:

1. Jobyone
2. Driftin_Assassin
3. tezgm99
4. zer05ive

Last edited:
Well If Driftin_Assassin Approves we have to do it.

I would like any car to be available so Standard and Premium. My instinct says tuning prohibited. Tires are tricky. We could say Sports hard for everything but I feel if we go for tires based on normal S.N.A.I.L. rules it might be more fun. A bit of testing may be needed.

Do you think our car lineups should be secret or should we reveal them prior to racing?

Interest so far:

1. Jobyone
2. Driftin_Assassin
3. tezgm99
4. zer05ive

I think I might be interested, is this on Friday or Saturday?

Latest Posts

Back