Boston Bombing, Boston Marathon April 15th

• Thread starter Spagetti69
  • 1,061 comments
Im getting news thay another explosion just happened in watertown mass.

With an officer killed at MIT and now this. These two locations are fairly close together.
Swat teams on scene in full body armor and an urban assault vehicle.

Supposed car jackers on the loose dropping items from car.

Rwported One person in custody in watertown one still at large.

Comfirmed one in custody, police still keeping their distance from him and searching for another.

Mit and watertown appear to be linked.

Last edited:
That makes us no better than them.

Hardly. They are indiscriminate murderers of innocent people, and those who wish to see them captured want to see justice done... wishing the guilty to be caught and punished severely does not in any way equate to being an indiscriminate murderer who has already killed and maimed many innocent people. I hope they get what they deserve too.

Hardly. They are indiscriminate murderers of innocent people, and those who wish to see them captured want to see justice done... wishing the guilty to be caught and punished severely does not in any way equate to being an indiscriminate murderer who has already killed and maimed people. I hope they get what they deserve too.
There is a difference between seeing justice done and making the people responsible suffer.

There is a difference between seeing justice done and making the people responsible suffer.

I find it incredible that you can compare the desire to see these murderers suitably punished with the act of murdering and maiming innocent people - that's just ridiculous. We might have different views of what constitutes suffering, but personally I don't care if these murderers are treated harshly - they've earned it.

So to recap based on my understanding (and SBS news):

1) Two suspects are fingered based on released photos
2) When confronted by police, they hijack a car and flee, throwing IED's at the cops
3) In the pursuit/ end of pursuit, there is a gun fight where a cop is killed and a suspect hit. The second suspect manages to escape.
4) The injured suspect is arrested but later dies.

Well, I am just glad they tracked down the scum. I have no doubt that the 2nd suspect is living on borrowed time/ freedom.

He is for sure.
Theu shot an MiT guardultiple times killing him in his cruiser.
A transit officer was shot in seperate shooting is in critical condition.

When i wake up later today i will consolodate my other posts into one and edit them into here.

I applaude law enforcement in this case. An amazing amount of work. And a little.dumb luck.

How stupid can these two suspects be. Still within Boston and robbing gas stations....

Caz
He is for sure.
Theu shot an MiT guardultiple times killing him in his cruiser.
A transit officer was shot in seperate shooting is in critical condition.

When i wake up later today i will consolodate my other posts into one and edit them into here.

I applaude law enforcement in this case. An amazing amount of work. And a little.dumb luck.

How stupid can these two suspects be. Still within Boston and robbing gas stations....

Ah ok - thanks for the extra info. It's kind of hard to get a straight story at the moment, look like me and SBS got it wrong.

Ive been up all night watching and listening to scanners.
I have a friend who is a hero ( jeff bauman) and am very into this investigation.

All Metro Boston Transit shut
down.

Edit. Police have banned all vehicle traffic, all business closed, all civilians inside within watertown. Edit. newton waltham allston brighton and a couple other towns seem to be included in this aswell.

Live news stream. These guys habe been spot on all night. Reporters got caught within boundries of police lines during early developments tonight/lastnight ( im still up) and were allowed to stay.

http://www1.whdh.com/video/7newslive

Edit 650 am
Brothers. Czechnian. Lived in Turkey. Been in states for a year. Legal residents. "Foreign military trained"
Living in cambridge mass.

Dzhokar Tsarnaev is living suspect. Age 19.

Last edited:
Danish TV2 reports:
"According to the AP, the suspects are from the Chechnya area, near Russia. This is consistent with the NBC's former information. The AP and the NBC reports, that the suspects have, supposedly been living in the U.S. for one year. According to the NBC , they have both received military training. NBC's Pete Williams reports that the two suspects are brothers."

Edit:
NBC has the name of the suspect who is still on the run. One of the brothers is, according to NBC's Pete Williams, born in 1993, and has an American driver's license.

According to multiple medias, one of the suspect (Dzhokar Tsarnaev) has got a scholarship, and was studying Latin.

Danish TV2 published this map, showing the safety-zone, of the Boston-area:
7dfa9831-7da1-4c37-8bf7-073b1d05a9c5_300.jpg

CBS: Suspect #1 age 20, suspect #2 (Dzhokar Tsarnaev, {thanks Caz 👍}) age 19.

A press conference with the Massachusetts governor, is coming up.

TV2 showed The VK profile of Tsarnaev;
Djohar Tsarnaev
last seen today at 5:04 am

Birthday: July 22
Relationship status: Single
Languages: English, Русский, Нохчийн мотт

Current city: Boston

School: Cambridge Ringe & Latin School '11, Boston; №1 Махачкала, 1999–2001

World view:
Islam
Personal priority:
Career and money

Tsarnaev posted this, on his VK profile, today; "В школе задают загадку..Едет автомобиль. В нем сидят – дагестанец, чеченец и ингуш. Вопрос – кто ведет машину ? Мага отвечает: - Полиция." (Roughly translated: "The school asked the riddle .. car rides. In it sit - Dagestani, Chechen and Ingush. Question - Who is driving? Magus says: - The police.")

Boston Police Department tweets:
"#CommunityAlert: Door-to-door search 4 suspect in Watertown continues. Uniformed officers searching. Community consent critical." (https://twitter.com/Boston_Police/status/325210479658147840)

Reuters reports suspect #1 is Tamerlan Tsarnaev, age 26.

Reuters, NewsBreaker: "DEVELOPING: Details on TAMERLAN TZARNAEV, 26, born in Russia. Became legal permanent resident in 2007; Killed in shootout"

Andrew Binet, Reuters: "NATIONAL SECURITY OFFICIAL CONFIRMS NAMES OF BOSTON SUSPECTS AS DZHOKHAR A. TSARNAEV AND HIS BROTHER TAMERLAN TSARNAEV"

The airspace above Boston is now "closed".

NewsBreaker:
"Mass. Gov. Patrick: We're asking people to shelter in place w/ their doors locked; don't open door for anyone but law enforcement", "The shelter in place has been extended throughout the city of Boston", "The entire city of Boston is on lockdown; officials asking public to stay put, hunker down, and don't open their doors".

Last edited:
Thanks for the info guys. I go to BU and they've shut down the school and advised everyone to stay inside. Scary stuff for sure.

Have been watching this enfolding on Sky News here in the UK..extraordinary stuff!

How could the bombers be so stupid to stay in the state??

How could the bombers be so stupid to stay in the state??
You're assuming that the decision to stay was made rationally.

Based on some of the reports from the area, this may have been intended as a second attack. Police have reportedly detonated one or more bombs in the area whilst pursuing the suspects.

Thats true...they could have well have had a second attack planned...

Judging from what they had with them at MIT, it wouldn't surprise me if that was their second target, but then had to make a run for it.

So... this is the kind of bollocks the dead bomber liked on Youtube...

Harry Potter. Evil. Mmmkay.

Dunno how many of you are watching CNN.
There's a lot of movement in Watertown, HMMWVs, SUVs, police cars and choppers rushed to a certain point and they locked that up now. The CNN reporter said there was a smoke smell in the air. They are moving in with heavy armour right now.

Are they doing anything with the other large cities, such as stepping up security or locking down places?

Yes, whole Boston is shut down, no public transportation. Air space over Boston is open, but flights could be delayed.

I meant with cities other than Boston, such as New York, Los Angeles, etc. etc.

No, only local it seems, he can't leave this place now anymore anyway.
A part of the air space locked down by the way.

They just interviewed their uncle, sad stuff, I feel really sorry for him.

EDIT: People in Cambridge, where the brothers lived, are being evacuated.
I guess they found more explosives in their home.

Last edited:
Small correction on something said earlier:

-- Several sources told CNN that the dead suspect was Tamerlan Tsarnaev, 26. According to a source briefed on the investigation, the suspects are originally from the Russian Caucasus and had moved to Kazakhstan at a young age before coming to the United States several years ago.

And from Wikipediea:

While they allow religious freedom, 'Islam is the religion of about 70.2% while Christianity is practiced by 26.2% of the population'...

The brothers have apparently lived in the US for 10 years. And one was studying medicine on 2nd year.

Edit: Police has surrounded a house in Willow Park, Watertown, where the 19 year old should be. Police has also requested TV stations to stop broadcasting (from the house).

NewsBreaker: MIT officer Sean Collier, 26, of Somerville, ID'd as victim in last night’s shooting.

MSNBC now reporting police looking for unnamed 3rd Boston suspect, possibly on train to Connecticut.

Boston authorities say bombing suspect at large may be in a gray Honda CRV (plate: 316 ES9) w/ MA tags.

Boston hospitals in lockdown, entry/exit only via ambulance.

Dan Lovering for Reuters: Police in Watertown pulled a man out of car who stopped and told them he knew the man they are looking for. Officers handcuffed the man and sat him on the curb while they searched his vehicle, according to a Reuters witness.

Last edited:

Latest Posts

Back