<- BTCC-5 -> SEASON COMPLETE - skengdigi is the Champion!

• Thread starter rolo912011
  • 1,166 comments

Who is the BTCC Rookie of the Season?

• Red_Leader

Votes: 4 50.0%
  • mosendtner

Votes: 3 37.5%
  • TheOldStig

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • PleaseD1e

Votes: 1 12.5%
  • acelera

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Mazda too fast :sly:.

Got home from work at 7:30 so never bothered..

Everyone keeps looking at the Honda Integra tho !!!!!!

After Laguna it was under scrutiny ......

the Mazda dominates Monza and Fuji , lets see what happens .......

Well I try :P.

Never let me down love.xx;)

@ Skeng when I was trying to find a setup for Gedi the Honda didn't feel anything special to me:guilty: Sure wasn't as responsive as the Mazda i'd used here in the past.

Last edited:
Mazda is one of the slowest (relatively) for me, but I am open to a weight change if you feel it's necessary. Cape Ring will be very interesting for it, I don't think it will fare so well there.

I think what makes the mazda so strong is its ability to get off the line quick and 1st 2nd gear corners it probably excels as well .

Its amazing how much lap time it can find because of this , however ive noticed in the fuji replays that the mazda has worst tire wear than some of the other drivers , this could just be andys driving style he was doing handbrake turns , lol .

Shame he didnt show at laguna that would of been a good comparison .

Lets see how cape ring goes

Andy won all 3 races , weezy gave him a good challenge in race 2 .

Was a good battle with Andy in R2. I knew he had me beat though as he was close going into the last corner.

The Mazda had some monster acceleration especially out of the last corner; Andy would pull away quite abit before any draft even came into effect.

Don't think cape ring will be a strong point for the alfa; tyre wear was a problem during testing.

So, when will the points tables and the results be up?

Can I ask if anybody has raced here before?

I've just ran some laps but I feel pit entry and pit exit could be a real problem.

Both are right on entry to hair pins and if its close I think you could see issues.

Results from Fuji GT:

Race 1:

1. Strawman__Andy
2. Weezy_7
3. skengdigi
4. mosendtner
5. Scaniabebe
6. priesty_lfc
7. rolo912011
8. karsten_beoulve
DNF. acelera

Fastest Lap: Strawman__Andy - 1:47.355
Lap Leaders: Strawman__Andy, priesty_lfc

Race 2:

1. Strawman__Andy
2. Weezy_7
3. skengdigi
4. mosendtner
5. rolo912011
6. Scaniabebe
7. priesty_lfc
8. karsten_beoulve
9. driftking18594 (10-second penalty for pitting too late)
DNF. acelera

Fastest Lap: Weezy_7 - 1:47.139
Pole Position: Weezy_7
Lap Leaders: Strawman__Andy, Weezy_7, driftking18594

Race 3:

1. Strawman__Andy
2. skengdigi
3. rolo912011
4. mosendtner
5. Weezy_7
6. priesty_lfc
7. karsten_beoulve (warning)
8. driftking18594 (10-second penalty for pitting too late)
DNF. Scaniabebe

Fastest Lap: skengdigi - 1:47.595
Lap Leaders: karsten_beoulve, mosendtner, Strawman__Andy, driftking18594

---------​

Points and Race 1 grid for Cape Ring South up in post #2. 👍

Any appeals must be made within the next 24 hours. Please PM me if you want to appeal your penalty/penalties, or have them explained to you.

Last edited:
@ Priesty, done on plenty of occasions in TOCA. It's not too hard, just for pit road stay to the right, and make sure no-one is on the outside.

I would add that you shouldn't carve anyone up if you're in a battle. Do keep right if you're pitting, even if you have to concede position. Pit exit should be fine - just use your mirrors and a bit of common sense.

@ Priesty, done on plenty of occasions in TOCA. It's not too hard, just for pit road stay to the right, and make sure no-one is on the outside.

Ah ok,

I know some people can get over excited and make crazy decisions!

Can I ask if you ever ran a practice offline on this configuration? I tried to but every lap I pitted it can up lap invalid even when I was staying right.

Pretty strange unless my lines were completely wrong.

azidahaka
no penalties for killing my R3? no, really come'on. NOTHING?

If you had bothered to actually make the turn then there would have been. But, all you did was cruise into the gravel on part throttle. No real braking or turning. You would arguably have had the right to use run off because you'd been hit.

i couldn't control the car anymore, do you think i went wide and out on purpouse? in that part of the track the tarmac is like driving on ice.

if you think i went out on purpouse i'm out.

I'm not saying you did it on purpose, but I am saying you didn't do enough to make the turn, hence the lack of penalty. I'll have a look at the replay later and judge then.

Last edited:
Back