<- BTCC-5 -> SEASON COMPLETE - skengdigi is the Champion!

• Thread starter rolo912011
  • 1,166 comments

Who is the BTCC Rookie of the Season?

• Red_Leader

Votes: 4 50.0%
  • mosendtner

Votes: 3 37.5%
  • TheOldStig

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • PleaseD1e

Votes: 1 12.5%
  • acelera

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
What's the deal with the next race as its night yeah? Is it set time or getting lighter?

Full night-time throughout. Will probably set it to 23:30.

Just a thought but what about limiting it to using just 5 gears? And as a fail safe set 6th as long as it'll go so even if you forget and shift into 6th it doesn't accelerate. If it's mega torquey it shouldn't slow it down by much if that's what you think it needs?

Or ban it from using a turbo? Can see in replays if it has the extra boost gauge or not <--- this one at least has an authentic 'TOCA boost regs' vibe to it. Like they did with the Yuasa Honda Racing Civic.

There are ways other than just adding weight.

I hope for GT6 each car's weight and hp is clearly visible from the lobby when they are in the pit lane/on track. It would make it so much easier to spec cars for near identical performance.

The gearing idea would be incredibly hard to police properly. Turbo one sounds better, although chances are I'll drop the Atenza again at the end of the season. Let's see. Andy is a quality driver, let's not forget that.

Results from Cape Ring South:

Race 1:

1. Red_Leader
2. Strawman__Andy
3. hurleyman24
4. gedi69
5. skengdigi
6. mosendtner
7. Weezy_7
8. rolo912011
9. driftking18594
DNF. priesty_lfc
DNF. TheOldStig

Fastest Lap: Strawman__Andy - 1:21.509
Lap Leaders: Red_Leader, hurleyman24

Race 2:

1. Red_Leader
2. Strawman__Andy
3. hurleyman24
4. skengdigi
5. gedi69
6. Weezy_7
7. mosendtner
8. rolo912011
9. driftking18594
DNF. priesty_lfc

Fastest Lap: Strawman__Andy - 1:21.444
Pole Position: Strawman__Andy
Lap Leaders: Red_Leader, Strawman__Andy, hurleyman24, driftking18594

Race 3:

1. Strawman__Andy
2. Red_Leader
3. mosendtner (warning)
4. skengdigi
5. gedi69
6. Weezy_7
7. rolo912011
8. hurleyman24
9. driftking18594
10. TheOldStig

Fastest Lap: Strawman__Andy - 1:21.370
Lap Leaders: mosendtner, Strawman__Andy, rolo912011

---------​

Points and Race 1 grid for Sarthe 2009 up in post #2. 👍

Any appeals must be made within the next 24 hours. Please PM me if you want to appeal your penalty/penalties, or have them explained to you.

-----------

VW will be given a 10kg weight reduction from now. 1320kg from now on. 👍

Taking one drop score into account, Andy leads by 12 points.

Last edited:
Does the DNF from R1 mean no points?

if so gonna dispute the DNF. - Although it's like 1pt or something.

In my pit i seen your message on the thread so I knew I was lagging and after my pit I came out just behind Andy so was only a matter of time before the rest caught back up to me.

Rather than risk causing major crashes I just stayed on the pit as it was the safest place for me. I think I did 9/10 laps?

I can live with R2 but R1 I think is unfair!

Does the DNF from R1 mean no points?

if so gonna dispute the DNF. - Although it's like 1pt or something.

In my pit i seen your message on the thread so I knew I was lagging and after my pit I came out just behind Andy so was only a matter of time before the rest caught back up to me.

Rather than risk causing major crashes I just stayed on the pit as it was the safest place for me. I think I did 9/10 laps?

I can live with R2 but R1 I think is unfair!

Yep. You've got to finish the race within 3 minutes of the winner to be classified as finished, and therefore to score points. Says it clearly in the OP I'm afraid :indiff:

Almost too depressing to ask but has anyone tried a Le Sarthe lap yet? Interested to see how deficient a 4.35 is. Humour me.

Think me and Hurley might have to pool our resources and create a 610hp 660i eight-wheeler.

Last edited:
Will we get longer than a 10min Q? Coz we would only get 1 timed lap in.

I'll make it 15 for Sarthe. 👍

4:35 is about the speed I was doing ages ago, although on odd laps I've dipped into the 4:33s. I'll run later in the week and see how I do then.

I'll make it 15 for Sarthe. 👍

4:35 is about the speed I was doing ages ago, although on odd laps I've dipped into the 4:33s. I'll run later in the week and see how I do then.

Cheers 👍 15 mins should give ppl enough time to spread out abit

Wow, I'm leading the Indy championship already! :lol:

Ok thanks. We'll see then, but I reckon sub 4.30 should be achievable for the front running power cars.

BTW your AT transmission will be costing you a bit in the Honda as they generally go best when revved to the death. In fact yours was the only FF I managed to get my nose alongside at the end of the 1/2 mile Cape Ring straight. Everyone else I drafted was still ahead by a good margin and I had to do it on the brakes or stay behind. Or maybe you had more wing on than others I don't know?

Ok thanks. We'll see then, but I reckon sub 4.30 should be achievable for the front running power cars.

BTW your AT transmission will be costing you a bit in the Honda as they generally go best when revved to the death. In fact yours was the only FF I managed to get my nose alongside at the end of the 1/2 mile Cape Ring straight. Everyone else I drafted was still ahead by a good margin and I had to do it on the brakes or stay behind. Or maybe you had more wing on than others I don't know?

Ran some laps round La Sarthe....best was a 4:31.8xx but normal running pace is 4:32's.

I'm sure someone a bit more capable could get into the 4:30's tho:tup:

Ran some laps round La Sarthe....best was a 4:31.8xx but normal running pace is 4:32's.

I'm sure someone a bit more capable could get into the 4:30's tho:tup:

I'm 4 seconds off the pace.... :indiff::nervous:

Must be the car, I just went 1.7 seconds faster in the Ford....

Last edited:
Forgot to say but my 35.5 was done daytime, offline practice because I prefer to tune like that.

Just tried online at night and I'm struggling like hell to see. I'm not trying to start a mutiny or anything but quite interested to know how many people actually want to race at night. And if say, enough drivers were to vote against it we could we run daytime instead? Perhaps a track vote on the evening; 2009 normal and it's day, 2009 change weather/time and it's night?

Or i just fall back on my plan of adjusting my TV contrast making the whole thing pointless anyway? :sly:

Sarthe is my least fave track, it and the long nurburg so i havent even tested .

I wont be doing any running til raceday , wish me luck . A night into day or day into night would be cool with me , lets see what rolo and others think.

Sarthe is my least fave track, it and the long nurburg so i havent even tested .

I wont be doing any running til raceday , wish me luck . A night into day or day into night would be cool with me , lets see what rolo and others think.

Never done a night race but with the standard cars not having good headlights like the premiums I'd say we're doomed.

I can see just fine with my headlights on, and I'm in a standard car.

If you guys are concerned perhaps we should organise a test session Tuesday evening?

Last edited:
I can see just fine with my headlights on, and I'm in a standard car.

If you guys are concerned perhaps we should organise a test session Tuesday evening?
Can do. It's fine though, I should just stop complaining. It was fairly sunny before and I think it was making the screen look worse. Had another try this evening and it's a lot better. I feel I can at least see enough now to run clean laps. 👍

Are the orange/brown strips down each side of the mulsanne usable or are we to stay off those? And it's 2 inside the solid white line as usual? I know the lines are further inside the curbs at Le Sarthe so just wanted to check. Thanks.

Can't make it tonight now.... having a very busy week!

The brown strips down the side of the Mulsanne you CAN use. Everywhere else the same rules regarding run off use apply.

Red strips but anyway I was going to race but we are hitting the sack early in preparation for BTCC at Croft..

Yes Paul is coming to ingerland :sly::lol:.

Did some running with the Civic Weezy sent me, and I'm down into the low 4:33s... 3 seconds faster than my car :indiff:... I know which one I'll be using tomorrow!

Did some running with the Civic Weezy sent me, and I'm down into the low 4:33s... 3 seconds faster than my car :indiff:... I know which one I'll be using tomorrow!

Whats the difference ? Just the tune ?

Back