Status
Not open for further replies.

Terronium-12

For My Mom, Always
United States
Brooklyn, NY
KR_Viper
I Renown I
Renown Tuning presents our first time trial competition at the London River track, our personal testing grounds.

Specifics aside, this is my first competition and judging upon how this goes RT may very well do more competitions in the future; this is solely for fun and nothing more. Competition is the name of the game, the fastest time wins the game. Periodically these competitions may occur in order to test out the raw capabilities of our tuning prowess, through any possible error can only one improve and exceed.

The competition is open to all players of NFS Shift but there are rules and regulations and as such will be described down below...

1. This competition is limited to the use of the Pagani Zonda R
2. You must use the settings provided by RT Like The Wind
3. All assists must be turned OFF, except for ABS I can't judge that as I have it on myself, use such of your own volition.
4. Handling model must be set to Professional.
5. Damage effects must be set to Full.
6. Transmission is another to be decided amongst yourself.

Most importantly, let's keep it honest, I'm not asking you to take a photo of the television screen to prove your time is what you say it is, just be honest. 👍

The actual competition goes down as the following...

- The competition will consist of five consecutive rounds of a timed race lap knockout, to enter go to Quick Race > Time Attack > London River.
- Your target time is 1:14.650, however, to stay in the competition you must at least set a lap time of at least 1:15.100 in the first round.
- The first round will consist of the goal to beat or remain in the competition with either of the targeted times. If you fall below 1:15.100 by the end of the first round (your quick race) you're instantly eliminated.
- Those who remain in the competition will then proceed to the second round, where, if the target time was beaten the new fastest lap record will become the target time to beat, and you mustn't fall below the new lap record or you will be disqualified from the remainder of the competition.
- The same applies to the third, fourth and fifth rounds.

*UPDATE - December, 3rd*

- Never got this competition beyond the start line despite having several participators. I intend to get to start the competition this time around. Deadline for the entry and first round participation dates are noted below and the deadlines for the remaining four rounds will be noted accordingly.

The winner of the first round is entitled to choosing next session's parameters.

Current Participants

MannyMoenjack
Imari
NITROVIOUS
OZR-MrB52
boxox

First Round - Begins December 9th

Target Times

1:14.650 - Primary
1:15.100 - Secondary, to remain in the competition.

Results

MannyMoenjack - 1:12.300
OZR-MrB52 - 1:13.120
Imari - 1:14.111
NITROVIOUS - 1:14.480

Disqualified

N/A

Second Round - Begins December 15th

Target Time

2:09.610 - Primary
2:11.607 - Secondary, to remain in the competition.

Results

MannyMoenjack - 2:08.860
OZR-MrB52 - 2:09.030
NITROVIOUS - 2:09.220
Imari - CNP (Could Not Participate)

Disqualified

N/A

Third Round - Begins December 21st

Target Time

1:26.030 - Primary
1:26.960 - Secondary, to remain in the competition.

Results

NITROVIOUS - 1:25.240
MannyMoenjack - 1:25.730
OZR-MrB52 - 1:25.870
Boxox: 1:27.830 (Will allow participant to remain in the competition, considering said participant was/is a drunk.)
Imari: MIA?

Disqualified

N/A

Fourth Round - Begins January 2nd

Target Time

OPEN

Results

NITROVIOUS - Lamborghini Murcielago LP640 - 1:38.900
MannyMoenjack -
Lamborghini Murcielago LP640 - 1:39.130
OZR-MrB52 -
Lamborghini Murcielago LP640 - 1:39.820
Imari: MIA
boxox: Drunken?

Disqualified

TBA

Final Round - Begins January 12th

Fastest Lap Recorded - 6:20.050

Winner - darkos

Deadline for RT TT World Tour Entry: Open!

Round 1 of the TT Competition has now ended.

Round 2 of the TT Competition has now ended.

Round 3 of the TT Competition has now ended.

Round 4 of the TT Competition has now ended.

Round 5 of the TT Competition has now ended.

Round 1: Congratulations to MannyMoenjack our pole sitter, and congratulations to our podium finishers OZR-MrB52 and Imari. It was a close call for third place with NITROVIOUS missing podium by only a few hundredths of a second, but he remains in the competition.

Round 2: Congratulations to MannyMoenjack our pole sitter for the second time around, and congratulations to our podium finishers OZR-MrB52 and NITROVIOUS. Unfortunately, our last round third place finisher Imari was unable to participate in Round 2 due to technical restraints, however he still remains in the competition.

Round 3: Congratulations to NITROVIOUS our pole sitter, and congratulations to our podium finishers MannyMoenjack and OZR-MrB52. A new entree, boxox managed to achieve an all-time best of 1:27.380 - drunk. Congrats, friend, you remain in the competition because that's just funny. Imari also remains in the competition, despite being MIA for two rounds now.

Round 4: Congratulations to NITROVIOUS our pole sitter, and congratulations to our podium finishers MannyMoenjack and OZR-MrB52. Our newest entrant, boxox wasn't seen in this competition other than to part some words, we assume he was drunk again. Way to go, drunky. :lol:

Last edited:
Nice one. 👍 Is there a start/end date? I might be able to squeeze in a few laps over the weekend. :)

Looks good. I'm interested, although I'm still racing with a few aids on I think. :guilty:

Nice one. 👍 Is there a start/end date? I might be able to squeeze in a few laps over the weekend. :)

As soon as the minimum number of participants are met I'll set up a date almost immediately.

Looks good. I'm interested, although I'm still racing with a few aids on I think. :guilty:

Don't worry about it. With the tune traction and stability control will actually lessen the performance and would probably wreck the handling.

Newbie here, interested in entering, not sure if a understand the round breakdown side of things (im mentally challenged).
Is it you basically have to get faster every round, so save your best for the last round and make a record of each rounds best time?

Many thx Rookie

Last edited:
Newbie here, interested in entering, not sure if a understand the round breakdown side of things (im mentally challenged).
Is it you basically have to get faster every round, so save your best for the last round and make a record of each rounds best time?

And some bragging rights for now, at present hold 1st place online for London River, Tier 1, Race Coalition :-)

Many thx Rookie

Not quite.

In the first round there are two target times which are 1:18.670 and 1:19.850, the former being the current lap record of the RT R35 WC as well as being the time you're trying to beat. Whereas the latter is the absolute latest lap time one record and still remain in the first round, the latter also being the previous fastest lap time recorded in the RT R35 WC on London River.

Why I decided to give a window, just to be fair.

In the subsequent rounds you have to be on top of your game because if the primary targeted lap time was not beaten, it is the lap to beat in the second round and there is no later acceptance. If the time was beaten however than that fastest lap time recorded has now become the lap to beat. As such will carry on into the remaining two rounds.

The final round being an absolute knockout, the fastest lap time recorded regardless of the previously set record in the fourth round will win.

Last edited:
The competition won't be canceled, so everything is still in effect. All we need is six more participants at the very least.

Do you want us to post our times on this thread or PM them to you? Looks fun, good work with this and the garage 👍

Do you want us to post our times on this thread or PM them to you? Looks fun, good work with this and the garage 👍

Yes. Post your times here and I'll organize them according to round and such.

EDIT: Updates have been made to the first post, once we meet our minimum requirement to start the competition such will be done.

Last edited:
I'll add you to the list. 👍

Seems the competition will commence a few short of ten.

The RT Time Trial is back and is actually ready to be participated in this time. 👍

The participation parameters have been changed and deadlines for entry, start of the first round, and the end of have been added.

The RT Time Trial is back and is actually ready to be participated in this time. 👍

The participation parameters have been changed and deadlines for entry, start of the first round, and the end of have been added.

One of my favorite lines from the movie As Good As It Gets is when Greg Kinear's character says to Jack Nicholson "The best thing you have going for you is your willingness to humiliate yourself."

This may be one of those times... :) Looking forward to it.

Sounds interesting and the timing is perfect. I'll give this a go for sure.

I'd do it if were an actual online race. Im tired of all these recording race times and such. If a game has online capabilities than use it.

I'd do it if were an actual online race. Im tired of all these recording race times and such. If a game has online capabilities than use it.

Yeah, you know remembering time is such a gosh darn hassle.

Terronium-12 can you tell me something ?

why your tunes advices sucks ?? :crazy: i mean i did change my Zonda R according to your Like The Wind advices and this car on that track doesn't turn, doesn't break, doesn't react to my wheel :grumpy:. it's like you do that deliberately to make this competition more terrible :scared: than fun.

i did used a lot of those advices to koenigsegg, to Zonda to Veyron and every time im getting much worse times than to original set ups. thats why i have to make them on my own. it was a long way from scratch because i have no idea what to start. so i did start from tire pressure, and drive for weeks now just to find how car feels like to drive after my own changes from tire pressure to differentials, and so on. it' was painful but thanks to your mistakes i learn a lot and now thanks to that hard lesson my lap times are much improved :)

i did planned to take a part in that competition but just to be fare i cant use your set ups because it wont work for me. i don't want do lie and use my own changes so i could tell yes i used Like The Wind changes to Zonda R.

i spend to much time driving on Aremberg and Nurburg to improve my lap times on Nordschleife :)

im not that good driver as you are and my driving style is different than yours i realized that when i tried to use your advices, or simply i did make progress on my own and after like four days of learning the track from the beginning, now my lap times on London River are much improved, 1:14:xxx no problemo. sadly for me my own changes 💡

again, i am sorry for bad english and mistakes probably

why your tunes advices sucks ?? :crazy: i mean i did change my Zonda R according to your Like The Wind advices and this car on that track doesn't turn, doesn't break, doesn't react to my wheel :grumpy:. it's like you do that deliberately to make this competition more terrible :scared: than fun.
Well, I'm going to be a civilized person here, despite the couple of shots you take at me...

I don't know what wheel you're using, but this is the first I'm hearing of someone not being able to actually use my setup. My suggestion is you check your deadzone settings, because it brakes very well. Why I would want to make any car handle any worse than they already do is beyond me as I have to play the game just as anyone else.

i did used a lot of those advices to koenigsegg, to Zonda to Veyron and every time im getting much worse times than to original set ups. thats why i have to make them on my own. it was a long way from scratch because i have no idea what to start. so i did start from tire pressure, and drive for weeks now just to find how car feels like to drive after my own changes from tire pressure to differentials, and so on. it' was painful but thanks to your mistakes i learn a lot and now thanks to that hard lesson my lap times are much improved :)
I said from the beginning the CCX wasn't going to be easy to control for various reasons, and what you apparently seem to let slip by you is these settings were done to compensate for the physics of the game itself (i.e. steering being far too loose, but apparently it's the only way you could properly drive some of the vehicles in the game. Bump-jumping, which is still just as present as before the patch, and having to use tire pressure to compensate for an initial lack of downforce on some cars.)

i did planned to take a part in that competition but just to be fare i cant use your set ups because it wont work for me. i don't want do lie and use my own changes so i could tell yes i used Like The Wind changes to Zonda R.

i spend to much time driving on Aremberg and Nurburg to improve my lap times on Nordschleife :)
So, the entire point of your post was what? To tell me my setups sucked and didn't work for you? I fail to see how that's my problem, considering no one else had any kind of problem with any of my tunes other than the tunes I also had a problem with (i.e Camaro, E36 and E46 M3, etc...)

im not that good driver as you are and my driving style is different than yours i realized that when i tried to use your advices, or simply i did make progress on my own and after like four days of learning the track from the beginning, now my lap times on London River are much improved, 1:14:xxx no problemo. sadly for me my own changes 💡
Something else I mentioned in the beginning, that all of the settings were according to my driving style and any and all adjustments that should be made on your part should be done so accordingly, also if you had no intention of participating in the competition why not just post your feedback in the tuning thread?

again, i am sorry for bad english and mistakes probably

Wow! You ought to learn to count to ten before you start posting angry messages. And consider this... If you read through the Renown Tuning thread you won't find anyone else complaining... just the opposite. In cases like that you may want to consider the possibility that the problem is with you or your game settings, not the tune.

Wow! You ought to learn to count to ten before you start posting angry messages. And consider this... If you read through the Renown Tuning thread you won't find anyone else complaining... just the opposite. In cases like that you may want to consider the possibility that the problem is with you or your game settings, not the tune.

Or the possibility that he just sucks at driving...

I'm in terronium, love the zonda tune you've done, in fact love all the tunes, the R34 skyline is the best of the bunch IMO!

Or the possibility that he just sucks at driving...
for like a two weeks i didn't loose a single race on Nordschleife, because that was the whole point of my learning how to improve my lap times. and then i see the thread RT london, so i did try it but as soon as i change set ups the car stop turns and brake. that was weird for me. so i feel like i must do something about that.

the game was delivered to players without right set ups thats for sure, but yours seems to me like more for ruin the fun not to make it easier. is that right ? or maybe in other words, you trying to make the car in the game feels more realistic to the real cars, and because of that cars in the game are not easier tho handle than they were with originally setups.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back