Does anyone agree about the fact that the prize car system is full of fail?

Status
Not open for further replies.
This prize car system is full of fail. First almost all prize cars are purchasable, then you get horrible prize cars in EXTREME events, now the best car in the game (Red Bull) is both purchasable AND obtainable in 2 different places. GT5 is the worst GT so far except GTPSP.
Plus the career mode is horribly tiny.

I was pretty shocked that the Prize car for the Formula GT championship, the most difficult and demanding championship series in the game, was a car that I bought in the Used Car shop for 52,000cr the second day I had the game...

How many threads are you going to make about this? We understand you don't like the prize system, get over it and stop making threads about it.

Seems like the prize cars were quickly stuffed into the game at the last moment. If that's true, it's MUCH more likely they'll bring prize exclusive cars back into GT6. And have the prize fit the race.

It really is full of fail. I need to buy a Ferrari that's capable of beating an Enzo only to win what? A Ferrari California... Plain stupid, in my opnion...

oh i'm sorry what was that? you don't like the prize car system?? all i read was blah blah blah whinge whinge whinge cry cry cry....... here's a tissue for your issue :-p

here's an idea... post another complaint that has already been beaten to death in about 200 other posts...... yeah good one...

God yes. Why get a Caterham for winning an F1 series? I'd even say the beginner series has better prizes. You get a Kubelwagen that costs 250,000 credits! Also, the NASCAR series has a horrible prize. AN OLD FRICKEN PONTIAC??!!

I kinda agree, since like someone else mentioned in other thread, you win cars that you need to compete in those series...which seems really defeats the purpose of "advancing"...

I do like the gift ticket though. It is a surprise in what you get...

Some aspects of the prize car system is cool, such as the random prize car ticket. However for the most part, I would agree that it is a fail. Not being able to re-win cars isn't great, and some of the cars that you win makes me shake my head.

Prize car system is fail. ANd then you can't win the same car twice. This would be totally fine with me if you won some good prize cars, but you don't. You win cars that you mainly will never use is any other event. So you have to spend credits on the cars that you need, and have to be really careful on buying cars that you just want. I find it really crazy that I have 4, yes, 4 types of Lupo's in my garage.

And I still havent found the damn Formula car yet.

Totally disapointed with the prize system. I've boughten more interesting cars from the Used Car Dealership than won anything worth keeping. I don't quite understand their reward system, feels rushed.

Hopefully when they add more events the prizes will get better. I mean the sheer number of lupos you win is dumb, and i think all the reward cars should have been premium models since i am down on the standard models.

Some of the cars are just plain lame sauce. But the zonda r and some others make up for it.

totally agree with you on this one, these are 3 major issues with prize cars that have annoyed me so far...

1. I feel that about 90 percent of all the prize cars I have can't be sold!! And some cars I won twice!! I have 1.9 million and I'm working for 4.5 so I can buy the formula gran turismo for the event and its practically impossible to get there without doing the same old races and the car hasn't yet shown in the used car dealership meaning I can't even fully progress
2. the only good cars you really get are in B-spec mode too which is annoying
3. cars in endurance b-spec aren't all that great and the payout in endurance is terrible compared to previous games.

Hopefully when they add more events the prizes will get better.

Do you know something we don't know ? More events ?? How about just giving us the stuff they claim they are already giving us and aren't ... like customizable gearboxes :nervous:

The Prize cars are by far the worst in GT history. No thought went into it at all. So far I've been awarded (for lack of a better term) 2 Jay Leno Tank Cars that I can't use nor sell, a 22 HP POS and another 18 HP POS that no one would ever want nor use. If this doesn't qualify as "Fail", I don't know what does 👎

By the way, it#s not only the price cars that make me raise an eyebrow.

You know, you've been racing in/against Super GT cars, Lamborghinis and Ferraris in the professional series, move up to expert - and woah! You're facing a grid of New Beetles and Golfs now!
Does anyone else care that the word 'fail' is no longer a verb?

It's been used as a noun and an adjective for a while now. Internet slang ftw.:sly:

Here's a thing. Do you think you can win 2 or 3 or 100 MINOLTA 88C-V's? No, because that's not REAL. The random prizes every now and again are RANDOM, meaning it probably won't happen twice. Come on, previous GT's have spoiled you all into money schemes and dependency on winning the same race 30 times. Now we move on from those unreal things, and MeechShrykull, 2 is more than enough threads of the same topic from one user. If you have to worry so much because you are getting cars, (:confused:) then I'd suggest you move backwards to GT4. If you don't like GT5, then don't play it. And do you honestly expect to go out and sell race cars? To whom? Maybe an auction, but I don't see that on my GT Life screen. Grow up, and enjoy the driving.

In fact, you have 14 threads relating to or ranting about said topic. Please stop.

Here's a thing. Do you think you can win 2 or 3 or 100 MINOLTA 88C-V's? No, because that's not REAL. The random prizes every now and again are RANDOM, meaning it probably won't happen twice. Come on, previous GT's have spoiled you all into money schemes and dependency on winning the same race 30 times. Now we move on from those unreal things, and MeechShrykull, 2 is more than enough threads of the same topic from one user. If you have to worry so much because you are getting cars, (:confused:) then I'd suggest you move backwards to GT4. If you don't like GT5, then don't play it. And do you honestly expect to go out and sell race cars? To whom? Maybe an auction, but I don't see that on my GT Life screen. Grow up, and enjoy the driving.

In fact, you have 14 threads relating to or ranting about said topic. Please stop.

The prize cars for the most part are messed up in GT5. Just because you were able to look past it doesn't mean others are.

The 3 of you who are annoyed at these threads have a interesting time ahead as there will be more of these threads. Just for the simple fact that the prize car problem keeps getting more annoying the further you get into the game.

Plenty of responses agree as far as I can tell.

The majority of prize cars suck. It's so disappointing.

I was also disappointed yesterday when i got a BMW 330i standard car for my 1000 ticket.

This aspect of the game is a let down. Oh well.

Just because I think the Award cars are the worst ever, doesn't mean I don't love the game. I've been playing the heck out of it and am a stones throw from Level 29, but having started and finished GT4 from beginning to end 4 times I don't see this edition as having anywhere near that playable lifespan simply due to the design of the progress ladder and award cars. Never has it been so easy to "bog down" in a GT francise and not have the cars available to make normal progress through the game. You're right, I don't need more than 1 MINOLTA Toyota 88C-V but I do need certain cars when I need them. I have nothing against re-racing events over and over and over as it seems PD wants me to do, but the events are so car specific that I can only use a fraction of the cars in my garage. Just not as much fun as the previous versions, although the graphics and physics are undeniably state of the art :)

Wow are you honestly complaining about this??? WhoTF cares about prize cars! I sell them anyway and usualy, they come in handy when there's a race you need in anyway. I like the fact that you can buy them again so if you sell it and need it, you can buy it again. It also comes i handy when your friend is a noob at driving games, sucks at driving and needs all the help he can get! Hell, my friend loved the Homell I gave him! He prefered it over his Miata which then I borrowed instead of having to spend on one. Plus, in GT5, you get rich alot faster than the previous ones so there's really no problem at all. You guys need to look at the bright sides more.

Last time i checked GT5 was a game and not real.

It is not real for NASCAR to only have a 5 race championship, only of which are ovals, consisting of no more than 10 laps.

It is not real for JGTC to have 3 races, no more than 10 laps and have no championship.

It is not real to have a rally event only having 4 cars enter and only rally over one day.

A lot of the tracks in GT5 are fictional.

It is not real to simply walk into a dealership and buy a WRC spec car.

It is not real that all cars have the same size fuel tank.

And someone is selling race cars in the used car dealership so maybe you can sell them to other race drivers!?

In all honesty i'd rather some of the 20,000,000 credit cars were prizes. The grind to to get them would be significantly be reduced.

Considering that GT5 has no long championships, pitiful payouts and no way to use prize cars as cash cows i suppose in their mind that would make them to easy to obtain.

Last edited:
It's been used as a noun and an adjective for a while now. Internet slang ftw.:sly:

Internet slang is the worst thing that's happened to our language since its inception. We allow the lazy and uneducated to dictate the direction our language has taken. Failure is only three letters longer than Fail, why can't we say "Failure"?

Also, your and you're are different words with different meanings. So are there they're and their. Seriously people, 4th grade English class is important...

Here's a thing. Do you think you can win 2 or 3 or 100 MINOLTA 88C-V's? No, because that's not REAL.
Considering how many basic "real" things GT5 screws up that previous games in the series were closer to getting correct, that you are using that as a serious defense is ridiculous.

Come on, previous GT's have spoiled you all into money schemes and dependency on winning the same race 30 times.
Here here! Now, instead of racing one race once or twice to get the money you need to do basically anything in the game, now you have to race that race a dozen times. Progress! Realism!

If you have to worry so much because you are getting cars, (:confused:) then I'd suggest you move backwards to GT4. If you don't like GT5, then don't play it.
Yes, shut up about problems GT5 has. Go play GT4, where these problems didn't exist. Screw trying to get GT5 fixed.

And do you honestly expect to go out and sell race cars? To whom?
Yeah, it isn't as if they aren't in the used car lot or anything.

Maybe an auction, but I don't see that on my GT Life screen. Grow up, and enjoy the driving.
I'd like to, but I can't afford to buy the cars I want to drive.

Plus, in GT5, you get rich alot faster than the previous ones
iorilaugh.gif

Wow are you honestly complaining about this??? WhoTF cares about prize cars! I sell them anyway and usualy, they come in handy when there's a race you need in anyway. I like the fact that you can buy them again so if you sell it and need it, you can buy it again. It also comes i handy when your friend is a noob at driving games, sucks at driving and needs all the help he can get! Hell, my friend loved the Homell I gave him! He prefered it over his Miata which then I borrowed instead of having to spend on one. Plus, in GT5, you get rich alot faster than the previous ones so there's really no problem at all. You guys need to look at the bright sides more.

You ended that paragraph with a tone that was reasonable. You started it out butthurt though.

Anyone that is getting butthurt over these threads needs to take a step back and look at their priorities in life. Something is out of wack if things about this game garners so much emotion. It is a game.

The majority of prize cars suck. It's so disappointing.

I was also disappointed yesterday when i got a BMW 330i standard car for my 1000 ticket.

This aspect of the game is a let down. Oh well.

That sucks, I got my 1000 ticket yesterday and got a Nissan R89C Race Car '89

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back