The Top Gear Power Lap Board

• Thread starter bonobo4
  • 119 comments
England
England
TheBonobo4
The Top Gear Power Lap Board

TG_Test_Track.PNG

After popular demand from the Nordschleife Lap times thread, this thread will serve as a complete leaderboard for Lap Times for the Top Gear Test Track. Only stock cars are allowed, so no tuning. This means (for production road cars):
  • Production Cars are only allowed their Stock tyres. Non-Production cars are allowed any tyres, since they were never road-legal anyway.
  • No Aerodynamic or Racing Modifications. Racing Modifications are allowed from GT Auto but come under the Category of Non-Production Cars.
  • No Engine Upgrades.
  • No Weight Modifications or Weight Distribution Changes (unless the car is Non-Production).
  • No Transmission Changes. Gear Ratio Changes are allowed for Non-Production Cars.
  • Power Limiter is allowed.
  • No Torque Distribution Alterations (unless the car is Non-Production).
  • No Suspension Changes (unless the car is Non-Production).
  • Oil Changes are allowed.
  • Washing the car is allowed, though this has no effect on Performance.
  • Automatic Transmission is allowed.
  • Controller Steering Sensitivity changes are allowed.
  • Mechanical Damage can be set to anything the driver wishes.
  • Grip Reduction must be set to Real.
  • Any aids are allowed, apart from Skid Recovery Force, since this has no known side-effects. Though remember for some drivers these may reduce car performance.
  • Engine rebuilds and Rigidity Restorations from GT Auto are allowed.

As a bonus, I'm allowing Racing/non-production cars too (on a separate leader board), which can have any tuning so long as the parts themselves are stock, (so no extra weight changes or added Turbochargers).

As another bonus, in the "Tuned Car" Category, any tuning set-up or modifications are allowed, for any vehicle. The only exception is that if the car was Road Legal originally, it must use SS tyres at best, otherwise any tyres are allowed. This means tuners are able to get the most out of their cars and use the full potential of their cars whilst remaining "street-legal".

Proof is not needed but is greatly appreciated, however if I/other members feel the time is "false" or too good to be true, we will ignore it. Remember though, the only person you're fooling/annoying is yourself. The lap also must be valid, if the lap time is red when you finish or it doesn't show up in your leaderboard it is ignored. It must be done in a Private Online Lounge or Arcade or Practice mode if done offline.

Only the fastest lap with each car will be shown to avoid a mass amount of similar laps, and the format will be as follows:
xx:xx.xxx - Car Name, Driver Name

The final and perhaps the most important rule is that all laps must be from a standing start, just like in the real Top Gear TV show. To do a standing start online, open your private lounge, pick TGTT, set the grip to Real and set Laps to 1. Enter the course, hit start race and you've got a standing start that's easy to do and quick to repeat.

The reason for doing the standing start this way (for online) is because it's repeatable, verifiable and easy to do.

If you are doing a lap offline, to get a standing start go into Practice or Arcade mode and park the car as close to the line as possible without starting the lap timer. Then just do a valid lap as normal.

So, that is all. Let the laps begin!

Racing/Non-Production Vehicles (Online)
  1. 00:41.946 - Gran Turismo Red Bull X2010 S. Vettel '10 (Bonobo4)
  2. 00:57.559 - Ferrari F2007 '07 (akmuq)
  3. 01:02.511 - Chaparral 2J Race Car '70 (Raven_WET01)
  4. 01:05.259 - Citroen GT by Citroen Race Car (Onboy123)
  5. 01:06.214 - Suzuki Escudo Dirt Trial Car '98 (C-ZETA)
  6. 01:07.418 - Audi R10 TDI Race Car '06 (NascarManiaco99)
  7. 01:08.064 - Audi R8 LMS Race Car (Team Playstation) '09 (Max Cavalera)
  8. 01:09.082 - Mazda 787B Stealth Model (C-ZETA)
  9. 01:09.778 - Honda NSX-R Prototype LM Road Car (akmuq)
  10. 01:13.876 - HKS CT230R (C-ZETA)
  11. 01:19.956 - Citroen C4 WRC (C-ZETA)
  12. 01:20.000 - Alfa Romeo Giulia TZ2 carrozzata da Zagato '67
  13. 01:21.253 - Citroen GT by Citroen Road Car (C-ZETA)
  14. 01:24.636 - Jay Leno Tank Car '03 (akmuq)

Production Vehicles (Online)
  1. 01:06.323 - Amuse S2000 GT1 Turbo (Max Cavalera)
  2. 01:14.793 - McLaren F1 '94 (jubbyboi617)
  3. 01:14.934 - HPA Motorsports FT565 twin turbo Audi TT (C-ZETA)
  4. 01:16.103 - Lamborghini Murcielago LP670-4 SuperVeloce (leepangfu)
  5. 01:17.577 - Mercedes SLS AMG '10 (will-i-am)
  6. 01:17.882 - Lexus LFA '10 (will-i-am)
  7. 01:18.446 - Lamborghini Gallardo (Onboy123)
  8. 01:18.624 - Tommy kaira ZZII (C-ZETA)
  9. 01:19.452 - Mercedes SLS AMG '10 (Onboy123)
  10. 01:19.660 - Pagani Zonda C12 '00 (200MphFord)
  11. 01:20.353 - Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution VIII MR GSR '04 (will-i-am)
  12. 01:22.768 - Ferrari F40 '94 (ECGadget)
  13. 01:22.882 - Toyota Supra RZ '97 (will-i-am)
  14. 01:27.268 - Shelby Cobra 427 '66 (C-ZETA)
  15. 01:28.230 - Toyota Caldina GT-Four '02 (will-i-am)
  16. 01:29.420 - Ferrari 512BB '76 (Bonobo4)
  17. 01:31.764 - Mercedes SLK230 Kompressor '98 (will-i-am)
  18. 01:36.204 - Spoon CR-Z (akmuq)
  19. 01:38.416 - Lancia Stratos '73 (Bonobo4)
  20. 01:42.961 - Mercedes A160 Avantgarde '98 (will-i-am)
  21. 02:31.859 - Citroen 2CV Type A '54 (akmuq)

Tuned Cars (Online)
  1. 01:14.388 - Suzuki RSX/4 (@471PP 156hp/700kg) (jubbyboi617)

Racing/Non-Production Vehicles (Offline)

Production Vehicles (Offline)

Tuned Cars (Offline)

Last edited:
Standing start rule? I dont see. But dont do that, because for that we need to stop on the finish line so start a new one. Dont make that please.
Im watching my club, F.C. Porto against Barcelona, after that im gonna do some times. I love this track.

Just added in the standing start rule. Personally I think it's better that way as it's easier to compare to the Stig's laps, but also it accounts for acceleration of the car. It's all well and good having a car that corners like a train at 200mph but if it takes a minute to get to that speed it'll be compromised, if you understand?

I like the standing start rule. It not only lets us see how we compare to the Stig, but it means that a car's off-the-line acceleration will be important.

It is easy to overlook it in the OP though. Maybe it should be in bold.

I like the standing start rule. It not only lets us see how we compare to the Stig, but it means that a car's off-the-line acceleration will be important.

It is easy to overlook it in the OP though. Maybe it should be in bold.
Agreed, my point exactly.

I've bolded the bit about the Standing start. Everything (I hope) is now ready. :)

if your willing to bend the rules slightly you could make things easier by allowing people to start from the cones at Gambon. As in the edge of the map. It would mean people are doing 50ish by the time they cross the start line but on the other hand everyone starts from the same point thats easier to judge

Just tried, find it hard +annoying to have to do another lap to get to do another standing start. Anddd if you mess up your next lap is invalid too...hmm.

There's a much easier way to do the standing start. Open your private lounge, pick TGTT, set the grip to Real and set Laps to 1. Enter the course, hit start race and... Viola! You've got a standing start that's easy to do and quick to repeat. This way you know everyone is starting from exactly the same spot. After the race take a picture of the Results screen with your phone or camera and submit it.

👍

Only problem is that online physics are different You'll either need 1 board for online times and 1 board for offline times or you'll have to limit it to online times only to keep everything even. On average, I'd guess most cars would be at least 1-2 seconds faster offline so you couldn't put them all on one board.

Last edited:
You really need to change that rulle, because i try to stop and dont work. You cant stop at the finish line, you have to stop 1 meter before, and you dont have any line there to see.

There's a much easier way to do the standing start. Open your private lounge, pick TGTT, set the grip to Real and set Laps to 1. Enter the course, hit start race and... Viola! You've got a standing start that's easy to do and quick to repeat. This way you know everyone is starting from exactly the same spot. After the race take a picture of the Results screen with your phone or camera and submit it.

👍

Only problem is that online physics are different You'll either need 1 board for online times and 1 board for offline times or you'll have to limit it to online times only to keep everything even. On average, I'd guess most cars would be at least 1-2 seconds faster offline so you couldn't put them all on one board.
This is probably the best idea, but it would require all laps to be online, which isn't much of a problem to be honest.

I think the best way then is the way I initially intended and just drive to the line offline. If you have problems with that I can't really do much about that. It's what I do whenever I'm in practice time trial for the TGTT.

What's the problem with doing it in an online lounge? It's repeatable, verifiable and as long as everyone does it online the tire model doesn't matter.

You can't see the start/finish line on this track so everyone will be starting at a slightly different point on the track rendering the lap times inaccurate. In a game where tenths of a second matter everything needs to be equal.

What's the problem with doing it in an online lounge? It's repeatable, verifiable and as long as everyone does it online the tire model doesn't matter.

You can't see the start/finish line on this track so everyone will be starting at a slightly different point on the track rendering the lap times inaccurate. In a game where tenths of a second matter everything needs to be equal.
Good point. 💡

Okay the decision is final, in that you must do it online in this method. I've edited the first post with this rule bolded.

Last edited:
To get started, here's the first few laps:

01:38.416 - Lancia Stratos '73 (Bonobo4)
01:29.420 - Ferrari 512BB '76 (Bonobo4)
00:41.946 - Gran Turismo Red Bull X2010 S. Vettel* (Bonobo4)

*I used maximum rear downforce and 112 downforce at the front, giving 1000PP (the limit). Whether this improved or hindered my laptime I don't know, but it felt faster than with the default settings.

Last edited:
With Penalties on so cutting would be regulated:

Production:
McLaren F1: 1:14.793

Tuned:
Suzuki RSX/4 @471PP 156hp/700kg: 1:14.388

HKS CT230R (stock from Recommended, all aids off (ABS 1), S3 tyres) - 1:13.876
Shelby Cobra 427 (stock from Recommended, all aids off (ABS 1), S1 tyres) - 1:27.268
Tommy kaira ZZII (stock, all aids off (ABS 1), S1 tyres) - 1:18.624

More times coming later.

HKS CT230R (stock from Recommended, all aids off (ABS 1), S3 tyres) - 1:13.876
Shelby Cobra 427 (stock from Recommended, all aids off (ABS 1), S1 tyres) - 1:27.268
Tommy kaira ZZII (stock, all aids off (ABS 1), S1 tyres) - 1:18.624

More times coming later.

Not if I beat you to it! :mischievous: Did you forget who test and review cars there? :D

Edit:
As another bonus, in the "Tuned Car" Category, any tuning set-up or modifications are allowed, for any vehicle. The only exception is that if the car was Road Legal originally, it must use SS tyres at best, otherwise any tyres are allowed. This means tuners are able to get the most out of their cars and use the full potential of their cars whilst remaining "street-legal".

Proof is not needed but is greatly appreciated, however if I/other members feel the time is "false" or too good to be true, we will ignore it. Remember though, the only person you're fooling/annoying is yourself. The lap also must be valid, if the lap time is red when you finish or it doesn't show up in your leaderboard it is ignored. It must be done in either Arcade or Practice Mode.

The final and perhaps the most important rule is that all laps must be from a standing start, just like in the real Top Gear TV show. To do a standing start, open your private lounge, pick TGTT, set the grip to Real and set Laps to 1. Enter the course, hit start race and you've got a standing start that's easy to do and quick to repeat.

This confuses me slightly. Do you want us to test online or off? Cuz online, lap times can't be red flagged.

Last edited:
Sorry I should change that. All laps must be done online with penalties on to prevent cheating, e.g. cutting Hammerhead or Follow-through, (despite it being very harsh with Follow through as a slight touch of the red to get a faster line is considered "cheating" :grumpy:.)

Also, the HKS CT230R can use RS Tyres, as it is a Racing Car. :)

For future reference, when posting times please post them like this:

xx:xx.xxx - Car Name (GTPlanet Name)

For example, 01:29.420 - Ferrari 512BB '76 (Bonobo4)

Last edited:
Also, the HKS CT230R can use RS Tyres, as it is a Racing Car. :)

Meh, I just wanna test it stock. It is very hard to turn though :boggled: Also the HKS isn't really a race car, just a really 🤬 up Evo 7, hence why it comes on Sports Softs...

Also my other times weren't with penalties since it wasn't clarified prior but I don't think in any of the laps I did anything penalty-worth.

Yes, but it isn't road-legal nor is it production, so according to the rules you can use any tyres you wish. :)

Yes, but it isn't road-legal nor is it production, so according to the rules you can use any tyres you wish. :)

I know. Just my way of doing it though ;)

New times!

1:06.214 - Suzuki Escudo Dirt Trial Car '98 (C-ZETA)
1:09.082 - Mazda 787B Stealth Model (C-ZETA)
1:14.934 - HPA Motorsports FT565 twin turbo Audi TT (C-ZETA)
1:19.956 - Citroen C4 WRC (C-ZETA)
1:21.253 - GT by Citroen Road Car (C-ZETA)
1:21.851 - 1970 Ford Mustang Trans-Cammer (C-ZETA)
1:41.510 - Spoon CR-Z (C-ZETA)

01:18:446 - Lamborghini Gallardo (Onboy123)
01:19.452 - Mercedes SLS AMG (Onboy123)

More to come. When I'm done with homework…

Last edited:
Guys if you run for example 1:20.999 it should look like that

01:20.999 :)

Back