Status
Not open for further replies.

Tom.

Premium
England
Sheffield
Tom_97_COD
VintageNASCAR.png

This is a short 4 race, one make series for anybody looking to fill their Friday nights with racing running up to Christmas. The car we will be using is the Chevrolet Camaro Z28 RM '69 completely maxed out with Racing Hard tires and the PDI P525N wheels installed, tune it to your hearts content. All races will be held in my lounge so please add me on PSN if you join.

ABS: Limited to 1
All other assists: OFF
Grip Reduction: Low
Damage: Light
Draft: Weak

Race 1: The Daytona 150 - 60 lap race at Daytona Superspeedway on the 25th of November

Race 2: The Indy 150 - 60 lap race at Indianapolis Superspeedway on the 2nd of December

Race 3: The Toscana 150 - 71 lap race at Circuito di Firenze on the 9th of December

Race 4: The 250 at Daytona - 100 lap race at Daytona Superspeedway on the 16th of December

The room will open at approximately 20:30GMT, Qualifying begins at 21:00GMT and the race will start at 21:15GMT. Please sign up on the thread with your PSN and car number if you are interested.

Driver List

TomMcD/Tom_97_COD - #12
Furinkazen/Furinkazen - #54
Niop/RFLX_Niop - #3
tombrooks97/tombrooks97 - #58
Carbonox/Carbonox - #29
JakobNascar88/Jakob_Nascar88 - #8
Mudd/Mudd - #7
RacerPaul/RacerPaul - #46
akmuq/GTP_akmuq - #15
smuffyatfcp/smuffyatfcp - #20
kenkwilinski/CrAzY_bAsSiSt_83 - #83
SUfan21/M-Stall41 - #6
mattymc96/MattyMc1996 - #77

Results

The Daytona 150

1st - kenkwilinski
2nd - SUfan21
3rd - TomMcD
4th - smuffyatfcp
5th - akmuq
6th - Carbonox
7th - Mudd
8th - Furinkazen
9th - RacerPaul
DQ - Yasher

Pole - kenkwilinski

The Indy 150

1st - Niop
2nd - Furinkazen
3rd - Carbonox
4th - smuffyatfcp
5th - TomMcD
6th - SUfan21
7th - RacerPaul
8th - mattymc96

Pole - Niop

The Toscana 150

1st - akmuq
2nd - SUfan21
3rd - TomMcD
4th - Carbonox
5th - smuffyatfcp
6th - Furinkazen
7th - RacerPaul (Public warning issued for 'drink GT5 driving' ;) )
8th - mattymc96

Pole - akmuq

The 250 at Daytona

1st - smuffyatfcp
2nd - mattymc96
3rd - TomMcD
4th - Carbonox

Pole - TomMcD

vintagenascarR4.png

Last edited:
Awesome :) hoping to start in the next week or two.

EDIT: let me know your car number and colour when you can mate 👍

Thanks Furi 👍 Don't worry about colours/numbers for now, these can be sorted when we have more sign ups.

Done :) This was a bit of a spur of the moment thing, surprised there haven't been many Vintage Nascar events in the past.

EDIT: Added some info on wheels to the OP.

Last edited:
Thanks guys, nice to see ya. Will add you both to the OP 👍

This isn't going to be as serious and complicated as the IndyCar series, just some fun competitive oval racing.

EDIT: Would also just like to add that the events will take place at one of the three times in the poll. I'll go for whichever one has the majority so please vote up!

Last edited:
Cheers Niop, are you flexible on time or is 5pm Eastern the only one you can do? 👍

Cheers Niop, are you flexible on time or is 5pm Eastern the only one you can do? 👍

95% chance of making it for the 5pm
55% chance for 4pm
10% chance for 3pm

Edit: Scratch that, I had my times mixed up. I only have a slim chance of making the 5pm Eastern. No chance of making the earlier times. If it fills up, you may want to put me as a reserve.

Last edited:
Ah I see, well I anticipate us using the later time anyway if we get a lot of US drivers 👍

EDIT: Ok, it's a casual series anyway so just turn up and race when you can.

Last edited:
Only had a few votes on the poll but it looks like we'll have to run later to accomodate any of our American friends. I'm thinking 21-21:30 room opening, reset for 15 minute quali at 21:45 and race begins at 22:00. All these times are GMT, thoughts? 👍

#29 reserved for me, I'll probably be in as I'm getting interest in oval racing. Oh and I prefer 20 GMT.

What day? I might be interested. Though this is more of a one-make, not really a winston cup. The Camaro only raced in the Baby Grand National Series for Nascar in the early 70's...the pony division, like Nationwide. Plus this car really doesn't shine on the ovals, it's a dominator on road courses. Vintage Street Cars maxed out to around 550pp - 600pp are best on these ovals. Not just my opinion but from tons of fallen series I have promoted and ran with this same Vintage theme. But I do like the Z28 RM lots and I have some great tunes for as well as its an easy car to dominate in!!! So, I may be interested..I'll probably join a race or two in the #83.

It's on Fridays buddy, will put you down. Yeah I didn't think the Camaro ran the Winston Cup, that's why I didn't name the series that, didn't want to cause confusion 👍

PSN: Jakob_Nascar88
GTP:JakobPalmer
Car Number:#8
Car Color: Red

Because in the old car of Dale Jr!

Thanks mate you're in.

The timing decision is gonna be tricky, i've got 3 votes for 20GMT and 4 votes for 22GMT!

EDIT: it's nice to see everybody signing up, there's not a single person here that isn't a good racer 👍 👍 👍

I just can't resist.

Mudd/Mudd Matte Dark Blue #7.

The later the start time the better. :)

That seems to be the general consesus for most of our US friends Mudd, I can see us racing later to be honest. I'll make a final decision in the next day or two. Welcome :)

I just can't resist.

Mudd/Mudd Matte Dark Blue #7.

The later the start time the better. :)

LOL I knew I would see your name in here.

And what day??? I cant do 4pm cst ~ 22gmt, add another 4 hours if its during the week

It's gonna be really tough for me to do 22GMT, because it would then be midnight back here...

It's gonna be really tough for me to do 22GMT, because it would then be midnight back here...

Thats why I keep asking what day. If its on a Sunday I think we can come to a compromisable time slot. Saturdays won't work for those in other series. And the time slot is too early for Americans during the week.

It's a Friday (Does mention this twice on the OP ;) ) I picked it as many guys run NASCAR and other series Saturday/Sunday. It seems we've got an almost 50/50 split between 22 and 20, can we meet in the middle?

It's a Friday (Does mention this twice on the OP ;) ) I picked it as many guys run NASCAR and other series Saturday/Sunday. It seems we've got an almost 50/50 split between 22 and 20, can we meet in the middle?

Yea the time doesn't work for me then, I'm still at work. Sorry :(

Sorry dude, I knew it would be tricky for some guys in the US :(

So, what does everybody think about a 21:00GMT start? Need some feedback on this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back