• Thread starter DLR
  • 124 comments

DLR

(Banned)
United States
Under the Hood
iWinYouLooz
PS3>Xbox
So I'm sure its happened to everyone. You open up the chat box and write up a long comment only to have it come out as "*******************************" even though you didn't use any foul language. This is a list of all the words that are blocked by PD that shouldn't be.

• Math
  • LSD
  • Engine
  • Z06
  • Tsukuba
  • Disconnected
  • Connected
  • Fagnes
  • Jude
  • Mick
  • idiot
  • Bacon
  • Murray
  • kart
  • Sausage
  • grapes
  • Simon
  • Falcon
  • Pajero

I know there are way more but these are from the top of my head. Your input is greatly appreciated :)

Last edited:
"Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious" I have no idea how we found that one blocked, but it is.

Disconnected.
Connected.

Conn or con is the censored part. Whatever that means. :ouch:

I believe that's French, and has an English cognate (that begins with the same letter) that would certainly get you into trouble. ;)
Apparently, the French usage is somewhat more laid back, so the literal meaning is often "relaxed" in translations, but I wouldn't trust that.
That covers bacon and falcon too.

I guess the same could be said for some of the others. "Suk" for Tsukuba?

Griffith500
I believe that's French, and has an English cognate (that begins with the same letter) that would certainly get you into trouble. ;)
Apparently, the French usage is somewhat more laid back, so the literal meaning is often "relaxed" in translations, but I wouldn't trust that.
That covers bacon and falcon too.

I guess the same could be said for some of the others. "Suk" for Tsukuba?

"Con" mean stupid in french

My name "Mick" triggers the sensor. I'm constantly having to tell people that when I figure they're trying to msg me after a race.

For a while a bunch of us thought it was the ick part perhaps a shortcut to get both examples of {my censoring here} pr*** and d*** .

But it's not, as you can type in sick and it doesn't get censored.

My thoughts:

LSD - self explanatory , Engine and then there is something about trying to write about pit stops / pitting .

EDIT:
It is just the word pit that is apparently offensive. Maybe Kaz doesn't like arm pits.
:lol:

MadMax

My thoughts:

LSD - self explanatory , Engine and then there is something about trying to write about pit stops / pitting .

MadMax

It is just the word pit that is apparently offensive. Maybe Kaz doesn't like arm pits.

At time if I tap someone during a battle and send them off when I say sorry after the race it gets blocked.

Word filters are just plain stupid.

Assassin will be blocked cause of the word "ass"

Why can't they just have a full word block list instead using blocking the whole word cause it has a few letters that make up a blocked word.

I hope PD give us an option to disable it if we wish, cause if you play with your friends that are over 15 why not disable it?

PIT is blocked most likely because it refers to the Precision Immobilization Technique which n00bs do to you.

At time if I tap someone during a battle and send them off when I say sorry after the race it gets blocked.

Word filters are just plain stupid.

Assassin will be blocked cause of the word "ass"

Why can't they just have a full word block list instead using blocking the whole word cause it has a few letters that make up a blocked word.

I hope PD give us an option to disable it if we wish, cause if you play with your friends that are over 15 why not disable it?

This. 👍

Probably get called a nerd for saying this, but this is how they do it in World of Warcraft. You just turn the naughty language filter off if you think you are big enough to see the word Tsukuba.

"Con" mean stupid in french

I said it was more laid back. :sly:
Still, the fact that it (somehow!) means "stupid" is potentially more offensive than the literal meaning itself. But then the same is true in English.

Jude is German for Jew, so I guess they're a bit jumpy about the whole eugenics thing.

You really can't trust people online (hence the disclaimer, I suppose), but the censoring is a bit silly at times. I wonder if it has to do with GT's being "certified" for "all ages".

I just rechecked the pit/ting and Engine case.

From the word engine the part engin gets censored.
And word pit's case , pitt is the part censored. (you can't write pitting..)

MadMax

Back