Dictionary of Stupid Censored Words

• Thread starter GT5_X2010
  • 198 comments
Well anyone can take an educated guess on why that word is censored :D .

EDIT: I'm pretty sure that "engine" isn't censored anymore. The last time I remember saying it in a lobby it wasn't censored even though I typed the word as a whole without any spaces. Unless the newest update to GT5 changed the language filter and it is now censored once again.

When I was racing with a guy called gokartman (hi if you happen to come along this thread) it censored "gokart" when I tried to say something to him, but didn't censor "kartman". Just for the record.

MSTER232
Well anyone can take an educated guess on why that word is censored :D .

EDIT: I'm pretty sure that "engine" isn't censored anymore. The last time I remember saying it in a lobby it wasn't censored even though I typed the word as a whole without any spaces. Unless the newest update to GT5 changed the language filter and it is now censored once again.

Nope it's not censored

It's also not a GT5 thing. It's the PSN filter.

I just wish it worked with voice, too. Some of the things people say aloud are even worse.

But, I'd also like to ask, are there any other games that have a type-in system like GT5? I haven't seen any others, so I'm not sure if you're right. Not questioning you, more asking if there are any other games to see.

I could understand if Sony thought "No, Tsukuba and engine... are all bad words that can never be said on PS3 online."

But if it were just PD doing that, it would still be quite strange.

I just wish it worked with voice, too. Some of the things people say aloud are even worse.

But, I'd also like to ask, are there any other games that have a type-in system like GT5? I haven't seen any others, so I'm not sure if you're right. Not questioning you, more asking if there are any other games to see.

I could understand if Sony thought "No, Tsukuba and engine... are all bad words that can never be said on PS3 online."

But if it were just PD doing that, it would still be quite strange.

It would be pretty stupid censoring what people are saying online it just would not work. Imagine this me saying "Hello guys! Look at my *Beep* Engine *Beep* Why *beep* can't *beep* I talk. That's going to be pretty annoying wouldn't it? The reason why we buy mic is because we don't have to type and get censored. We want to say things without getting censored.

^ Sony does have their own filter, ever used a PSN text chat?
And I doubt PD completely rebuilt a filter system when they implemented text chat in the game. Maybe they altered it a bit to allow some car-specific terms, although engine and LSD are pretty strongly proving the opposite.

Also, the PSN text filter recently got updated, now not censoring some words that contain swear words within anymore. However, most of the old annoyances are still there. For example the German word 'nicht' (= not) gets censored, very annoying as you mention it often in usual conversations. Wondering what the bad thing is about nicht?
Second most annoying German word that gets censored is 'dass', obviously because of containing ass, but it's simply 'that' in German. :indiff:

^ Because, no matter which game, you have to pause to send messages if you don't have a mic, more like. Since you can't pause online gameplay, that's the issue for me.

^ Because, no matter which game, you have to pause to send messages if you don't have a mic, more like. Since you can't pause online gameplay, that's the issue for me.

Then get a mic if having to pause and having to send a message is a issue for you :).

I found a mic in my dad garage which I later found out it was for the surround sound pickup. Then I just bought a 3.5mm (mic) to USB (Ps3) for $8.00 and I had a little trouble setting it up but the next day it worked perfectly, weird.

Yeah.

To everyone: The fix to this thread is microphones. Unfortunately, you basically need fiber internet to use a microphone without losing race quality/connections. :grumpy:

Lose/lose situation anyone?

To everyone: The fix to this thread is microphones. Unfortunately, you basically need fiber internet to use a microphone without losing race quality/connections. :grumpy:
This is not true. I used a mic even when I had a 3/756 connection with no problems. The host can set the mic quality to low and it should work fine. If someone is having problems it is because they have a crappy wireless mic, ISP or router.

This is not true. I used a mic even when I had a 3/756 connection with no problems. The host can set the mic quality to low and it should work fine. If someone is having problems it is because they have a crappy wireless mic, ISP or router.

Or, because they're trying to host a race with 2 Germans, 2 Canadians, 4 Americans, and an Australian. Heck, I'll even throw in the occasional Argentinian, and maybe a few people from Spain and Portugal. Why not?

That's very taxing on servers. I'm not sure if you race in GT5 leagues, but, it's generally heartbreaking when your best friend gets disconnected. :nervous: (my best friend is whiskymaser, mainly because he's basically my neighbour.)

Or, because they're trying to host a race with 2 Germans, 2 Canadians, 4 Americans, and an Australian. Heck, I'll even throw in the occasional Argentinian, and maybe a few people from Spain and Portugal. Why not?

That's very taxing on servers. I'm not sure if you race in GT5 leagues, but, it's generally heartbreaking when your best friend gets disconnected. :nervous: (my best friend is whiskymaser, mainly because he's basically my neighbour.)

When hosting put your mic quality on low and race quality on high. Kick foreigners because they make the room lag like 🤬.

When hosting put your mic quality on low and race quality on high. Kick foreigners because they make the room lag like 🤬.

I'm talking about league racing on GTPlanet. Click "ITCC Season II" in my signature, to see what I'm talking about.

Also, as for the mentioning of "kicking foreigners," that's one of the worst excuses I've ever heard in my life. Stop kicking people from other countries, please. My Australian friend has a better connection than a guy in Michigan, and I get less lag with my Australian friend (you're welcome, TDZdave, for me complimenting you on your internet, fyi) than the kid who's like 60 km. away.

You want a better connection? Phone your internet provider and complain. They'll give you 20 mbps for free if you complain. Worked when my dad said we were going to switch. Next day on the computer screen "Your internet service provider, [name], would like to thank you, customer(s), for your loyal patronage. As a gift, please have 20 mbps for free!"

Yeah, okay.

There was also an internet article about this particular ISP "throttling gamers." :yuck:

I haven't seen it mentioned so I'll say, the word Monaro is censored by GT5. When I'm chatting online about this Auzzie beast you have to abbreviate it to "Maro"

jrkiwiboy
I haven't seen it mentioned so I'll say, the word Monaro is censored by GT5. When I'm chatting online about this Auzzie beast you have to abbreviate it to "Maro"

Nooooooo!!!! Of all the words to censor.

I wanted to trade a Holden Monaro, but for some reason it censored Monaro haha! I tried multiple times to rewrite it, too, but it still kept censoring.

Last edited:
I'm talking about league racing on GTPlanet. Click "ITCC Season II" in my signature, to see what I'm talking about.

Also, as for the mentioning of "kicking foreigners," that's one of the worst excuses I've ever heard in my life. Stop kicking people from other countries, please. My Australian friend has a better connection than a guy in Michigan, and I get less lag with my Australian friend (you're welcome, TDZdave, for me complimenting you on your internet, fyi) than the kid who's like 60 km. away.

You want a better connection? Phone your internet provider and complain. They'll give you 20 mbps for free if you complain. Worked when my dad said we were going to switch. Next day on the computer screen "Your internet service provider, [name], would like to thank you, customer(s), for your loyal patronage. As a gift, please have 20 mbps for free!"

Yeah, okay.

There was also an internet article about this particular ISP "throttling gamers." :yuck:

It's not a excuse... Basically you only saw the part kicking foreigners in my comment and nothing about lagging. If they are foreigners and they are not lagging then I won't kick them but WHY would I not kick a foreigner that is making the whole room lag...It's common sense Kick the lagger > Room lag free. For example I'm in a american drag racing team (I'm in NZ) do I kick him when I'm dragging with him...No I don't~!

I have a good connection and if I complain about it they will probably ask me to upgrade my current plan...You see I don't live in Canada my friend. So the way of handling things here is entirely different.

This thread reminds me of the saying, "You can't have slaughter without laughter." <pic of psycho man with hatchet>

"penelope" I am guessing it's too similar to Penis...lol

Maybe the system thinks you are trying to say "penis elope" hahaha wha....

Many of my harmless and clean text messages were turned into asterisks because of the lame filter nanny, but right now I cannot remember any of those words off the top of my head. It is annoying but far less annoying than the foul-mouth tough-guy mic users hiding behind the safety of internet anonymity.

...[snip]

It is annoying but far less annoying than the foul-mouth tough-guy mic users hiding behind the safety of internet anonymity.

For some, perhaps. Personally I find it much much more annoying. My ears can handle the language people use, and I hear from plenty of annoying people and complete jerks who can easily be so without using any "bad language" and I find them to be every bit as bothersome as the idiot potty-mouth. And then you add the fact that if people want to swear in text chat the system in no way stops them from doing so. All it does is make normal conversation much more cumbersome than it needs to be.

Back