Dictionary of Stupid Censored Words

• Thread starter GT5_X2010
  • 198 comments
Actually, many non-English words are censored too. Like if you write something totally innocent in English, and part of it contains a bad word in French, then it'll be censored.

Maybe that word can be used to call someone homeless?

I don't know. It seems like half the English language is off limits in GT5.

The word in itself literally means a community of people that move from place to place rather than settling permanently in a given location. It comes from the Greek word νομάδες, or nomádes, meaning "those who let pasture herds." They are more referred to as itinerants in modern terminology.

1241Penguin
Actually, many non-English words are censored too. Like if you write something totally innocent in English, and part of it contains a bad word in French, then it'll be censored.

German doesn't work either. :(

Add whip to the list :grumpy:

I can see why! Some people pronounce the "h" in it and people may get offended by it! Like Cool WHHHip! :lol: Or even WHHHierd (wait, that word doesn't even have an H in it!).

Seriously though, I really don't see how this would be offensive, unless they think it's a ***ual thing? I blocked the first three letters to try to be as respective as possible.

Going back to my word, I guess what White & Nerdy said about it being offensive to the homeless may have a good point now that I think about it.

Sausage is censored, but all the others I know of have already been posted tho...

Competition any body?

Or perhaps sc**thorpe at all?

Last edited:
Car names are too every time everyone's typing their real life car I have to space mine out... 2006 Lincoln LS V8 maybe Sony hates Lincoln's ;p ?

I wrote something about making an exclusive X2010-2011 room once and the whole line was censored. twice.

The censor has always been stupid.

I don’t allow mics in my room so the chatbox is all there is. It is so annoying.

Some one can join a room with microphones and drop all the F-bombs they want, but god forbid you try to tell someone in the chat box that your connection is not so good.

By the way, “engine” is no longer a bad word.

Daunting < just found this out tonight, I should really just dumben up my vocabulary
lul < yeah, cant say lulz

there a few more I cant remember atm

My username gets censored, which dispels the previously hailed belief that it is Sony who is setting off the filters, rather than PD. How else could my username be valid, but be a censored word in chat?!

Any word containing the word "gay" amongst it, or any word containing alcohol within it's spelling Is filtered. Such as 'Engine' which used to be filtered.

Any word containing any form of derogatory word is filtered.
I can't think of any at this particular moment though. :P

you can't write in german, because everything you write gets censored, so every german word is a bad word, wut?

I assume you are talking about the chat-box in GT5 online rooms.

What I can think of:

All of the obvious swear words
Con
Mod or Hack (I think)

It's especially annoying when:

• Racing V8 Supercars (Ford Falcon XR8)
  • GTPlanet.net moderators (Jump_Ace)
  • Talking to a friend whose nickname is Concon.
  • Trying to say "My engine's not broken in"
  • Speaking a language that isn't English (on GT5)

The last one is the worst; the Spanish word for "with" is "con." Suddenly, I'm missing a very large portion of my vocabulary.

And German... I don't have any clue why so many German words are blocked.

Yep PD really love taking the episode. :sly:

The worst part of the filter is, the fact that it filters almost every PSN ID you type.

"Hey xXElItEHaxXx..........

***************:P

Hey EliteHax........

****************:rolleyes:

Hey HaxXx...........

****************:irked:

Hey Elite..........

Bugger off."

Last edited:
You can't chat about horrible little ricer cars because the minute a Peugeot 206 is mentioned PD doesn't want it spread around.

Was once chatting about an episode of blue planet when I found that continental slope is blocked.

Not long ago I also had a message blocked because of the word happening.

i think the stupidest word CENSORED IN A RACING GAME IS ENGINE!
c'mon PD, that isn't a funny joke!

It is stupid! You can't say engine because of gin yet you can say vodka, ale, beer and so on. Why oh why?

Also can't say bacon because of con. Doesn't kaz acknowledge bacon? That's pretty low!

My GTR can gain 90hp from an oil change but I can't say bacon!

one more weird thing.

LSD is censored in the GT5 chat.

......Seriously? A technical term which is used VERY extensively in a game like GT is censored in the same game's chat? You get to see the acronym very often, whenever you're tuning cars! It's right there! WTF :ouch::confused:

The word Bite is censored..

So is Penellope and Cobblestoned road.

I've had heaps more that I can't remember off the bat but if I had a dollar for every time I've had to retype something after not swearing or talking about drugs or anything like that.. I'd be able to replace my wheel.

I just.. You can say this stuff by putting spaces so wtf is the point >_<

My friends PSN is Penellope after Penelope pitstop and every time I try type something to her I forget its censored and then I have to retype everything T_T

Back