PD Chat Censor Fail List

• Thread starter DLR
  • 124 comments
I just rechecked the pit/ting and Engine case.

From the word engine the part engin gets censored.
And word pit's case , pitt is the part censored. (you can't write pitting..)

MadMax

Since you have pointed out that it is the word minus the "e", the only thing I can figure on "engine" is that it is homophone for a racial epithet referring to Native Americans.

Pajero is blocked, I was told it was meant to be something rude? But I have to search through my post history to find what it was to clarify.

Yeah it's Spanish for 'GT5 X1 driver' :dopey:

Last edited:
its very annoying, its a car game why is "engine" censored? connecting rod, manifold, but it allows stupid yet con is stupid in french???

Try "my mitubishi evo IX mr has a stroker engine and a gt35r ball bearing turbo with boost at 28psi making 748awhp" and get "**************************************************************************"

Retard in any form is blocked, but you can kind of see why.

its very annoying, its a car game why is "engine" censored? connecting rod, manifold, but it allows stupid yet con is stupid in french???

Try "my mitubishi evo IX mr has a stroker engine and a gt35r ball bearing turbo with boost at 28psi making 748awhp" and get "**************************************************************************"

I recommend you look it up, it's not quite so straight-forward, as with most (potential) insults. (PG)
It's not so much the meaning as it is the usage. Ask Sarkozy. :P

This might be a good resource for understanding why certain words, or their fragments, might be censored, as it includes other languages (but is obviously "incomplete", and, due to the wiki nature, prone to Urban Dictionary -isms when it comes to "offensive" words.)

slashfan7964
Retard in any form is blocked, but you can kind of see why.

Because its discriminating?(sarcasm) That actually makes sense that they blocked that..

Because its discriminating?(sarcasm) That actually makes sense that they blocked that..

True. I totally understand why, but as with most of those words, there are valid and non discriminating uses of it. However it is mostly used in that bad way, which is why I said before you can see why it would make sense.

Pajero is blocked, I was told it was meant to be something rude? But I have to search through my post history to find what it was to clarify.

Lets just say the car is called "Montero" in spain for a reason...

Pitt: Swedish for the male part downstairs

I doubt the real meaning is AUP acceptable... to post what it really means... It's Spanish indeed.

Censorship is pointless, most players have microphones and can be as vulgar as drunken NASCAR fans at an in-field keg party

DaxCobra
Still don't understand why Z06 is blocked. Anyone care to shed some light?

Seems the chat has a habit of filtering combinations of numbers and letters, like when you try to type, say, 500bhp. It seems to be there to prevent swearing by using numbers as letters, like typing cheesecake as ch33$3c4k3 for example :dopey:

Too many numbers in a row ---------> phone number(?) => censored...........

DaLightninRacer
So I'm sure its happened to everyone. You open up the chat box and write up a long comment only to have it come out as "*******************************" even though you didn't use any foul language. This is a list of all the words that are blocked by PD that shouldn't be.

[*]Math
[*]LSD
[*]Engine
[*]Z06
[*]Tsukuba
[*]Disconnected
[*]Connected
[*]Fagnes
[*]Jude
[*]Mick
[*]idiot
[*]Bacon
[*]Murray
[*]kart
[*]Sausage
[*]grapes
[*]Simon
[*]Falcon
[*]Pajero

I know there are way more but these are from the top of my head. Your input is greatly appreciated :)

Lol add 20B as in the 20B-Rew Mazda engine xD

My ID (EdgeyPoo) is doubly censored, both for the Poo and for the "gey" in Edgey, so people saying something to me always turns out "*****************" until they just say edge :/

It's not PD's list people!
It's basic Sony's list they use for text chats.
I never see the point of text censor, it's always so easily avoidable.

It's not PD's list people!
It's basic Sony's list they use for text chats.
I never see the point of text censor, it's always so easily avoidable.

It's the white man trying to keep the brutha man down!

If they're gonna censor so much, why offer chat to begin with. If you're worried about what someone will say, why let them have the opportunity?

Latest Posts

Back