Connecticut School Shooting Dec 14th 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.
There should be a news conference scheduled soon. Please stand by; those with legitimate news, please bring it here so we can track this. Thanks.

Edit: Not confirmed yet - but media says close to 20 children killed.
Edit: Count is up to 27 - including 18 children. 2 suspects, one dead, one taken away.
Edit: Sandy Hook School - reputed as a highly rated school - has cancelled its kindergarten class on Friday and will not operate midday bus runs.
The public school has more than 600 students in classes from Kindergarten to 4th Grade - including students aged from five to 10.

Last edited:
The numbers are varying wildly on this from many sources; either way, this is a another disgusting, senseless, and horrible act by some scumbag. :(

Well the shooter is going to Hell, that's for sure.

But why children? Of all the intended targets, why a school filled with pre-adolescent children?

Thoughts and prayers to the victims and their families.

The numbers are varying wildly on this from many sources; either way, this is a another disgusting, senseless, and horrible act by some scumbag. :(

Yes, yet another shocking episode - my thoughts immediately went to my own kids (in school right now) and what it must feel like for a parent to get this news.
Numbers are still not confirmed, as you say, Pupik. Also rumoured is that 2 guns were used and almost 100 rounds fired in the Hall.

Only this morning 22 children were injured (stabbed i think) at a Chinese school, and now this... :(

A disgusting individual did this. Anyone who even thinks of injuring a child (let alone killing them) is a sickening, heartless and worthless human being.

Well the shooter is going to Hell, that's for sure.

But why children? Of all the intended targets, why a school filled with pre-adolescent children?

Thoughts and prayers to the victims and their families.

BBC news saying, at least 27 dead, 18 of them children however there is still a whole class missing. BBC seems to be showing live coverage from the school and there are police breaking down doors into outhouses so my guess is that they haven't found the gunman.

Sad Sad situation.

The gunman lived in New Jersey and was 20 years old. He had an argument with the principal and it was premeditated.

Still no confirmation of statistics - but supposed to be a 24 year old shooter who is now reported to have been carrying 4 guns. Also talk about a parent being involved. Official news conference soon should give us credible numbers.

At 1ness - Your comment only proves that it is not guns that kill. People kill. With whatever they can get their hands on. Whether rocks or buttons accessing nuclear missiles - it's the same effect. People dead.

Still no confirmation of statistics - but supposed to be a 24 year old shooter who is now reported to have been carrying 4 guns. Also talk about a parent being involved. Official news conference soon should give us credible numbers.

At 1ness - Your comment only proves that it is not guns that kill. People kill. With whatever they can get their hands on. Whether rocks or buttons accessing nuclear missiles - it's the same effect. People dead.

Agreed, people are the issue, guns are not.

Police news conference which was scheduled earlier has been put off for the moment - maybe a little later now; no doubt they would like to have confirmed statistics before they release any official news.
Meanwhile Twitter and FB are beginning to hum with this. IIRC - this is probably the biggest school shooting we have ever had over here in the States. :(

Whenever this kind of thing happens, it's always difficult to believe. It's also difficult to believe how often it happens.

Police news conference which was scheduled earlier has been put off for the moment - maybe a little later now; no doubt they would like to have confirmed statistics before they release any official news.
Meanwhile Twitter and FB are beginning to hum with this. IIRC - this is probably the biggest school shooting we have ever had over here in the States. :(

Tragic, yes. Biggest, no.

Biggest? I believe Va Tech and the Bath School bombings were bigger. Most tragic? Definitely.

Tragic, yes. Biggest, no.

Biggest? I believe Va Tech and the Bath School bombings were bigger. Most tragic? Definitely.

Very tragic because of the young children involved; though age shouldn't be a factor. As for being the biggest - I do hope I'm going to be wrong.

News conference on CNN now for those of you that can get that feed.

Very tragic because of the young children involved; though age shouldn't be a factor. As for being the biggest - I do hope I'm going to be wrong.

Bath School bombing was probably not as widely covered, as it occurred in 1927. Many of the children killed were ages 7-14.

Somehow this will be easier to digest if a motive is established. I have no idea what possible motive someone could have for shooting up an elementary school, but I'm hoping that there is something that makes sense. Because it's just too difficult to believe that a human being is capable of wanting to shoot a bunch of innocent children.

Somehow this will be easier to digest if a motive is established. I have no idea what possible motive someone could have for shooting up an elementary school, but I'm hoping that there is something that makes sense. Because it's just too difficult to believe that a human being is capable of wanting to shoot a bunch of innocent children.

What was being reported was an argument with the principal escalated this. But the man walked in with the weapons so there's no way that he didn't already have the intent.

What a horrifying thing to happen, especially at Christmas time. There are some cold hearted and twisted people in this world. My thoughts are with the friends and families of those killed. :(

This may be a case where you don't want to hear the motive. Yeah, it's a little nicer when you hear that the person was bullied half to death at that school and wanted a little peace of mind. Sure, it's not even slightly warranted, but a person can be pushed to it.

What if it's nothing like that? What if the gunman was so apathetic and sociopathic that after a tiny argument with the principal, he decided gunning down a bunch of kids was worth the retaliation to the principal?

It is indeed a terrible thing to happen, especially to schoolchildren. There had better be a motive as Danoff said, you can't comprehend the reasoning otherwise for massacring innocent children. Horrible.

I heard that one of the gunmen was a parent of one of the students there.

Forgive me for saying this, but since I heard about this I thought, "Not another one." This is becoming all too common.

It is indeed a terrible thing to happen, especially to schoolchildren. There had better be a motive as Danoff said, you can't comprehend the reasoning otherwise for massacring innocent children. Horrible.

I know of no motive that would change how this makes me feel about the shooter nor would allow me to comprehend the "reasoning" behind this. There is no reason behind this, it's insanity.

I know of no motive that would change how this makes me feel about the shooter nor would allow me to comprehend the "reasoning" behind this. There is no reason behind this, it's insanity.

It is insanity, but I might feel slightly better about the human race if there was some provocation, rather than just going out on a killing spree in a school! There is no sense behind it though I agree.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back