◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Currently Recruiting for GT7 - JOIN TODAY!!Open 

• Thread starter zer05ive
  • 149,627 comments
is this for real

Well of course no one liked the Patriots during that period…

So let’s not make the Chiefs as hated as those Patriots. Take a little break then win one, take a break…rinse repeat.

I said it in game chat before the race...all Mercs are terrible with the exception of the 190E and the 300SL Gullwing. And Monza being super meh...surprised it didn't get most votes by a landslide. DB5 actually makes Goodwood fun for a change. S2000 needed harder tires (surprise). It was a fun combo but when pushed it started to understeer...which is not normal.
The Barker is a fun car.

Here are the unofficial results from our league night on February 4, 2024

Click here for this season's points standings and click a tab at the bottom for more detail.

Click here if the data linked above has already been archived and you would like to view it.

Division 1
  1. GTP_Worstdriver --- voted to eliminate Round 3 - 93 (62.00 for Prize B)
  2. Nic-KL ------------ voted to eliminate Round 2
  3. DUB-L-DEE --------- voted to eliminate Round 3
  4. FREEREVN ---------- did not submit a vote
  5. DRD_Niagara ------- voted to eliminate Round 1
  6. Xrad-11 ----------- voted to eliminate Round 1
  7. Kgffty ------------ voted to eliminate Round 3
Division 2
  1. RacingChamp30 ----- voted to eliminate Round 1 - 83.1 (110.80 for Prize A)
  2. EvoSpec10 --------- voted to eliminate Round 1 - 83.0 (110.66 for Prize C)
  3. Ice_Warden -------- voted to eliminate Round 3
  4. Dragonwhisky ------ voted to eliminate Round 1
  5. JamCar0ne --------- voted to eliminate Round 2
  6. Pudnick ----------- voted to eliminate Round 3
  7. Flyingdisc315 ----- voted to eliminate Round 1
  8. Gurney_67 --------- voted to eliminate Round 3
  9. Canoworms1 -------- voted to eliminate Round 2
  10. Cdn_Sweet_Tee ----- voted to eliminate Round 1
  11. Skills_19657 ------ voted to eliminate Round 1
  12. cesarr64 ---------- voted to eliminate Round 1
  13. Tex_Hill ---------- voted to eliminate Round 2
The round that received the most elimination votes was:
Round 1 - Aston Martin DB5 '64 (SH) at Goodwood Full Course - S15 Late Morning (11 laps)
Therefore the entire combo has been dropped from next week's line-up. Since @racingchamp30 wins Prize A, he gets to choose an entirely new car and track combo to replace it.

The round that received the second most elimination votes was:
Round 3 - AMG Mercedes-AMG GT Black Series '20 (RM) at Autodromo Nazionale Monza - S11 Sunset (9 laps)
This means either the car or the track will be replaced for next week's line-up. Since @Worst_Driver gets Prize B, he has the option to freeze the car or the track, or he can give that option to the Prize C winner. If he gives the freeze away, then he gets to decide what car or track replaces the part of the combo that is left unfrozen by the Prize C winner.

Prize C goes to @EvoSpecX so he gets whichever option the Prize B winner does not select.

Preliminary prize winners, please don't announce your prize selection until all incident reports have been filed and it has been confirmed that you don't have any penalties. It's also recommended that you review the SNAIL combo history and other data on our car and track history so that you can get an idea how many times we've raced each car and track. Please remember that originality is always appreciated, so picking cars and/or tracks that we've never raced is a plus (but not required). What's more important is that you thoroughly test any combo that you are considering before making it your official selection. For example, any car you select must not hit its rev limiter at any point during a race (even in a draft).

IMPORTANT: When posting your Prize A or Prize B selection, please list the complete in-game name of the car and/or track you are selecting. For example, if you want to choose the Integra Type R as your car selection, post "Honda Integra Type R (DC2) '98". If you want to select Monza for your track, post "Autodromo Nazionale Monza". Being specific helps us to update the lineup accurately and also helps avoid any confusion among the drivers. Also, please be sure to list the HP and Weight (LBS) of any car you select. For track selections, include the time of day (e.g: 09:00 Clear) or else it will be left to default.

Car Selection Guidelines
See Section 3 of the SNAIL OLR, Policies and Guidelines.

Track Selection Guidelines
See Section 3.1 of the SNAIL OLR, Policies and Guidelines

Last edited:
I know it's early but Suggest a Prize A combo from both divisions and i will try it out. Pick a challenging but fun combo. You have plenty of time to give me suggestions and i will try out each combo suggested from anyone in D1 or D2.
1707411138566.png
1707411187262.jpeg

2024-02-18 Prize A Suggestion.jpg

Prize A suggestion @racingchamp30
Detomaso Mangusta '69 (SM Tires) @ Alsace - Village Reverse Late Morning S01. Mid div lap time: 2:15

Here goes challenging, fun and original. This is a handful even on SM tires. It slides around but its fun to drive, you steer a lot with the throttle whether off throttle to induce lift off oversteer or on throttle on corner exits. Would have been even more challenging and fun on the stock tires, confort mediums #tireformula.

Last edited:
Well I hate both items on that combo :)

But I trust Worst to choose a better vehicle to spice Monza up a bit.

I choose to freeze Monza. Modern Mercedes cars are all terrible :)
The UCD and LCD will be getting a big refresh tomorrow, I'll see if there is something interesting. I wanted to pick the 25th Anniversary Countach but I'll see if it gets in the UCD first. I want to maximise the chances that everyone has the car or atleast has the opportunity to buy it.

The UCD and LCD will be getting a big refresh tomorrow, I'll see if there is something interesting. I wanted to pick the 25th Anniversary Countach but I'll see if it gets in the UCD first. I want to maximise the chances that everyone has the car or atleast has the opportunity to buy it.
The LP400 is in the LCD now. I have one (maybe 2) more <2mil car to get out of there. My research indicates I have all out of the UCD now. The '54 300 is in the LCD as well, stock is limited though.

The LP400 is in the LCD now. I have one (maybe 2) more <2mil car to get out of there. My research indicates I have all out of the UCD now. The '54 300 is in the LCD as well, stock is limited though.
Problem is the LP400 is on RH tires on the SNAIL tire formula and the 25th anniversary Countach is on SS hence why I'm waiting for the UCD / LCD refresh on monday. I'll make my pick monday...who knows maybe we will see a Detomaso Mangusta ;)

I like the suggestions so far. I will be testing them this week. Anyone else would like to offer a combo suggestion whether you raced in D1 or D2. Will test on Wednesday so anyone else who has not suggested yet can and i will test out each one.

For anyone not watching the game I’ll have an Bop/no tuning casual racing lobby up for awhile. Lobby closed thanks too the snails that joined was fun, was my first hosting in GT7 So was the trial by error

Last edited:
I would like to join the SNAIL racing league
@Kenandvin1425

Here's your official SNAIL Welcome Post!

Thanks for your interest!
Here's what you need to know (and do) in order to join SNAIL Racing League:

We run a clean league by enforcing a strict penalty system based on the SNAIL OLR (which is a modified version of the GTP OLR). We also expect all of our drivers to know and follow The Good Racecraft Guide. Please become versed in both if you aren't already. Once that is complete, please follow the steps below to complete your entry into the league:

1. You start a conversation and add zer05ive, JLBowler, nmcp1, SAMHAIN85, llNovall & Akzl298
as participants.

The conversation title should be "Request To Join".

2. SNAIL Administrators will respond with specific instructions on what you need to accomplish to join the SNAIL [Spec] Racing.

3. Place the following links (URLs) in the favorites (or bookmarks) in your web browser for quick reference. Please make every effort to read and understand the following links. Over the years a great deal of time and effort has gone into creating this league and we would like nothing more than to have you but we ask that you take the time and effort to do your homework. 99.9% of any question you may have about SNAIL can be found in the posts below.
4. You drive fast and clean on Sunday 👍

Again, the original post has everything you need to know about what to expect on Sunday night and what you will need to have completed in order to be competitive. If you have any questions, please feel free to post your question on the thread.

During the week we run a number of different events, we encourage all SNAILs to join as many as possible.
Welcome to SNAIL

Prize B pick: Nissan Skyline Super Silhouette Group 5 '84 (RM Tires) @ Monza
Mid div lap time: 1:54.
@Akzl298

I tried to find a car to make that boring overrated track a little bit less unbearable. The Skyline has just arrived in the LCD so it should be available to buy for everyone until sunday night. Its an unusual pick, my usual SH and SM tires were too slow to be interesting on Monza. Enjoy !

Last edited:
I tested each suggestion and all of them were alot of fun to test with.

1. @JamCar0ne Alot of fun to drive on Broad Bean raceway.
2. @Skills Lots of fun driving on a classic track in reverse.
3. @Worst_Driver Challenging to drive on Alsace reverse.
4. @CANOWORMS1 Plenty of grip and fun to test.
5. @TexHill Fun on a twisty and turn course.

Combo i am going to pick will be @Worst_Driver. All suggestions were wonderful to test out but i find this time around driving around on Alsace Village Reverse was a blast with the car that Worst picked.

Car: De Tomaso Mangusta '69
Track: Alsace Village Reverse
Time of Day: S01 Late Morning
Time i got on track was 2:17.169
Tires: SM

Back