â—† SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Currently Recruiting for GT7 - JOIN TODAY!!Open 

• Thread starter zer05ive
  • 149,531 comments
Can't we just put the cars on a different track? :P (Amuses) I really don't want to do Subarus on the draaaaaaaaafty Daytona road track so crap shoot ish :ouch:.

I'm only joking about the new guy thing of course. He's very active in this forum and races in some very good / fast series.

Here's what I propose to do.. Instead of declaring Round 1 as getting the second most elimination votes and subject to be changed by Prize B, I think we should make Round 2 the round that is subject to the Prize B selection. Furthermore, due to this strange situation with Motegi, we should require that the Prize B winner pick a new track and not a new car. In a nutshell, I want to find a way to force Motegi out of the lineup until it's available to all. Thoughts?

This is a good plan with the exception of Round 1. I think since it was a flaw in your system (don't take offense to that, all great systems have a flaw here or there) that we should let the Prize B winner take his prize and replace the track for Round 2.

Just a random thought... What if we came up with 3 tracks the Amuse would be good on and take a vote? This way it is more of a community decision (with some guidelines) and nobody gets forced out of his prize. Just a thought.

I say we just set a whole new lineup with new cars and tracks for each combo, just a fresh start or do that when the december season starts

I once said that we should change all combos on every first race of each month.. but nobody told me anything đź‘Ž

I think the idea of having three new combos to practice at the beginning of each month might be a bit much at one time. I really don't have any time to practice until the day before Sunday night's races.

I think that, being as I am currently the prize b holder, we should do some sort of vote for round two as a whole community on a track, and I can decide on round 1, which seems to be the one with the 2nd most votes? I also noticed on psn you cannot download paints anymore either. I don't know about you guys, but Daytona road course has got to go. I'm sick as hell of that track.

Edit: I take the paints thing back, they fixed that. So maybe they will fix this. Either way it is annoying because that combo was easily my favorite last night =(

I think that, being as I am currently the prize b holder, we should do some sort of vote for round two as a whole community on a track, and I can decide on round 1, which seems to be the one with the 2nd most votes? I also noticed on psn you cannot download paints anymore either. I don't know about you guys, but Daytona road course has got to go. I'm sick as hell of that track.

One vote for my idea...

I'm not sure how the poll works but that would be an easy way to keep track of votes if it could be implemented properly.

One vote for my idea...

I'm not sure how the poll works but that would be an easy way to keep track of votes if it could be implemented properly.
I second that
I don't know about you guys, but Daytona road course has got to go. I'm sick as hell of that track.
And I vote to run the Amuse on Road Course Daytona;)

Just kidding. We did run it there late last night and it was fun but I agree the track has been around to long and I want to see the STI on another track.

One vote for my idea...

The poll does not work. If we wanted to use that, Zer0 would have to contact :gtplanet:'s admin to have him remove the poll each week.

The poll does not work. If we wanted to use that, Zer0 would have to contact :gtplanet:'s admin to have him remove the poll each week.

That's dumb...

None of this is really up to me anyway, I was just trying to think of a fair compromise.

Congrats on the Racecraft awards!!!

Motegi I will miss you. You are still my favorite track. Even if PS Store seems to be not willing to share you with others anymore. ;)

That's dumb...

None of this is really up to me anyway, I was just trying to think of a fair compromise.

There's plenty of half-solutions on this site. I've heard that the admins are planning changes; for example the 'social groups' section was supposed to go away and be replaced by something better, but I don't know how that's progressed. It'd be nice if we could add, change, and remove polls at our whim.

There's plenty of half-solutions on this site. I've heard that the admins are planning changes; for example the 'social groups' section was supposed to go away and be replaced by something better, but I don't know how that's progressed. It'd be nice if we could add, change, and remove polls at our whim.

Having a difficult-to-use poll seems like a wasted opportuniy to me but whatever :gtplanet:.

If we were going to do a vote like this, it would have to be set up tonight so everyone gets a chance to vote before Wednesday.

Last edited:
I would go with:
Prize A - getting rid of combo 3 - free pick

Prize B - can either replace Track for the Amuse -OR- Car or Track for Suburu/Daytona

Prize C - "Black Friday Special" can get a prize coupon AND whatever Prize B doesn't take (Track or the Car/Track choice)

I would go with:
Prize A - getting rid of combo 3 - free pick

Prize B - can either replace Track for the Amuse -OR- Car or Track for Suburu/Daytona

Prize C - "Black Friday Special" can get a prize coupon AND whatever Prize B doesn't take (Track or the Car/Track choice)

That is a very good one time solution to what is hopefully a one time problem. I like this idea, it makes the most sense and gives a little additional reward to the prize C winner this week.

I found something that says they are working on fixing the store to have the tracks again. Hopefully this means they will return soon.

That is a very good one time solution to what is hopefully a one time problem. I like this idea, it makes the most sense and gives a little additional reward to the prize C winner this week.

This is what I like, and I think is a viable solution the problem at hand. đź’ˇ

I found something that says they are working on fixing the store to have the tracks again. Hopefully this means they will return soon.

Got a link? I'd be very interested in reading up on that as well. Last night I googled "Motegi PlayStation Store" and other similarly worded searches, but all the links that pulled up were from when the track became available. Nothing pulled up that talked about the track not being available in the PlayStation store anymore.

Also, thanks for all the great ideas about how to resolve this situation fairly. I guess one thing that I should have mentioned is that I don't want more than three of the six components being switched to something else. Most of the solutions that were posted would mean that four of the six components of the lineup would be replaced, and I'd like to avoid that.

Got a link? I'd be very interested in reading up on that as well. Last night I googled "Motegi PlayStation Store" and other similarly worded searches, but all the links that pulled up were from when the track became available. Nothing pulled up that talked about the track not being available in the PlayStation store anymore.

What I found was on the playstation forums for GT5 some people had noticed it was gone from the store and posted about it. There was a person who said he called and was informed that they were working on it. Don't have any more data to know if it will be fixed soon or if it will take a while. I would think they would want to fix it somewhat quickly as it's losing them money.

well given as no one has filed a complaint against me, nor do I think anyone has reason to do so... If all goes well, I'd like to take the subies to tokyo reverse, practiced about 10 laps on there and it was pretty darn fun. If anyone has any suggestions other than that, by all means voice your opinion.

Note: this not official, just a head's up as to what I'm interested in doing.

A couple of weird observations about the missing Motegi in the PS Store:

1. This url implies that it's still there, even though you can't actually see it in the store on a PS3: http://us.playstation.com/games-and-media/add-ons/gran-turismo-5-twin-ring-motegi.html.

2. If you search the PS Store for "motegi," it returns Gran Turismo, even though none of the results contain the search term. I think this also implies that it's there, but inaccessible.

It's gotta be some simple mistake, so I'm cautiously optimistic.

Here's mine just in case.

Nice upload speed joeW, I just got a new place(& new internet with it):)
2319189644.png

Last edited:
Back