◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Currently Recruiting for GT7 - JOIN TODAY!!Open 

• Thread starter zer05ive
  • 149,531 comments
PRIZE A SELECTION

Ok gents, so I have done a lot of testing on it. I chose the combo for it's fantastic fun factor, it's break from the norm, it's mega technical driving challenge (requiring non-stop focus for 10 minutes!!) and for it's great overtaking possibilities due to numerous super late apex corners:

20 Laps - Kart 125 on Kart Space 1/ Reverse! :)

There is ONE CAVIAT to this that I ask the SNAIL community to support, else I recommend that we don't run this combo: We turn penalties OFF for this race.

Justification: The penalty system is broken on this track. You will get numerous penalties for "shortcutting" corners when, per OLR rules, you are not shortcutting them, not even close. You can barely have two outside wheels on the inside rumble strip, some times not even at all, and get a 5 sec penalty. I promise that it will RUIN the experience of racing here and turn what will be a fantastically fun racing experience in to a very sour, angry and bitter experience for guys that get penalties and say "WTF?!?! I didn't even cut the corner!!" ALSO- cutting the corners isn't even worth it! They are self-policing; if you take too much curb or cut completely your cart gets launched in the air and you plow in to the wall. There is ABSOLUTELY NO NEED for penalties here and will ONLY HURT THE RACING EXPERIENCE.

I am so adamant about this that I feel the need to state it, despite me more than likely not being able to race this Sunday to enjoy it!

Anyway, that's that. If not, I can think up another combo. I have some in mind, but meh you get the idea.

Let me know what you think and if not I will come up with a combo by tomorrow night that won't require turning penalties off.

-Nick

You may not have seen it but a few posts up, it was stated that Spa and Kart Space weren't in the PS Store. I don't know for sure but you may have to rethink.

While I did very well with karts last time I'm bummed to see them return.

I would recommend that we do it last, no matter the PP. Switching from karts to cars is almost beyond my mental capacity.

You may not have seen it but a few posts up, it was stated that Spa and Kart Space weren't in the PS Store. I don't know for sure but you may have to rethink.

Apparently you didn't read it all…

Kart Space has not.

However, that one is available here. This means that DLC tracks are now available for prize selection again!

As the Prize B winner, my decision is to take the Lexus IS F Racing Concept '08 to Tokyo R246 for 6 laps.

This car really forces you to have some throttle discipline and so do a few corners at this track. You may now being to practice then tell me how awful my choice was.

PRIZE A SELECTION

Ok gents, so I have done a lot of testing on it. I chose the combo for it's fantastic fun factor, it's break from the norm, it's mega technical driving challenge (requiring non-stop focus for 10 minutes!!) and for it's great overtaking possibilities due to numerous super late apex corners:

20 Laps - Kart 125 on Kart Space 1/ Reverse! :)

There is ONE CAVIAT to this that I ask the SNAIL community to support, else I recommend that we don't run this combo: We turn penalties OFF for this race.

Justification: The penalty system is broken on this track. You will get numerous penalties for "shortcutting" corners when, per OLR rules, you are not shortcutting them, not even close. You can barely have two outside wheels on the inside rumble strip, some times not even at all, and get a 5 sec penalty. I promise that it will RUIN the experience of racing here and turn what will be a fantastically fun racing experience in to a very sour, angry and bitter experience for guys that get penalties and say "WTF?!?! I didn't even cut the corner!!" ALSO- cutting the corners isn't even worth it! They are self-policing; if you take too much curb or cut completely your cart gets launched in the air and you plow in to the wall. There is ABSOLUTELY NO NEED for penalties here and will ONLY HURT THE RACING EXPERIENCE.

I am so adamant about this that I feel the need to state it, despite me more than likely not being able to race this Sunday to enjoy it!

Anyway, that's that. If not, I can think up another combo. I have some in mind, but meh you get the idea.

Let me know what you think and if not I will come up with a combo by tomorrow night that won't require turning penalties off.

-Nick

Thanks for making your Prize A and Prize B selections!

The December 2nd lineup has been posted!!
:gtpflag:

PLEASE NOTE THAT PENALTIES WILL BE TURNED OFF FOR ROUND 2

Last edited:
149533650098663271_EHVNA0xU_b.jpg

:D Glad everyone seems to be excited for the combo! I have always had a blast racing the kart tracks, and when you combine it with the great, clean racers that are found in Stylommatophora, you are set up for some great racing!

I do HIGHLY recommend putting in about 30 laps of practice prior to running. You need to learn the line(s), which curbs you can use and which you can't, and how to burn the proper cart technique in to your brain. Good luck everyone!!!

Look at you lot. I leave for a bit and racing car and racing car. Oh, and a cart. Well, that's mildly interesting, actually. But not really "unconventional". But do we really need two racing cars? Really? I mean, yes, I guess the world needs them, but... isn't that pretty much the same thing, really?

Where was I?

Oh, yes, two words!

Lotus. Carlton.

I should be back this Sunday, though I'm not quite sure why. Still.

Allons-y!

Does the Kart also need to be broken in?
💡

Not sure - Please let me know if you find out.

According to info here you do need to break them in. Not sure if that can be done with Bob or not

Is the racing kart 125 a DLC?

I don't believe so - you can buy them in the NCD under the "Gran Turismo" dealer.

I really hope this isn't true, but info here leads me to believe that the 125 is DLC. We may have to go with the 100. :(

Hey nice to see you forcednduckshn, it's been a while since we raced together, like a year an a half with the RX-7 at trial mountain. :lol:
Back on topic, I totally approve, Kart Space penalties are broken. You're right a 100 % and that combo could be a lot of fun.

Haha hey nice to you man! Glad you joined! SNAIL is the best thing to happen to GT5 since my CLEAN SPEC RACING lobby. LOL :sly: You will have fun here and it appears to be a good bunch of sim racers in here! :)

That trial mountain race was some good fun:tup:

Division 4 Pix

Daytona Road Course / Subaru Impreza WRX

NOVSNAIL407.jpg

NOVSNAIL406.jpg

NOVSNAIL405.jpg

Nurburing / Amuse S2000

NOVSNAIL385.jpg

NOVSNAIL386.jpg

NOVSNAIL387.jpg

NOVSNAIL388.jpg

NOVSNAIL389.jpg

NOVSNAIL390.jpg

NOVSNAIL392.jpg

Cape Ring Periphery / Lexus IF Racing Concept

NOVSNAIL384.jpg

ran out of time to take more pix of Cape Ring... :crazy:

According to info here you do need to break them in. Not sure if that can be done with Bob or not

I really hope this isn't true, but info here leads me to believe that the 125 is DLC. We may have to go with the 100. :(

Ah. Ok. Well, let me/us know. I got the 125 SPL somehow, forget where I got it though?

EDIT: Nevermind, it looks like it's DLC. Dang it!

So what do we do?

Ah. Ok. Well, let me/us know. I got the 125 SPL somehow, forget where I got it though?

So what do we do?

Kart 100 or new choice. Don't get me wrong I have no issue using DLC kart but currently it is not allowed:(

So what do we do?

Personally, I would hate to abandon the concept. The 100 is a bit slower, but still fun. That said, while I understand that not everybody has 8 bucks just lying around, the pack the 125 comes in has several of the best cars in the game. Anyone that can afford it should have it.

Can we please just allow the dlc cars? Is there really anyone who can't afford 5 or 10 bucks? Some of them are even cheaper but there's so many good dlc cars.

Back