◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Currently Recruiting for GT7 - JOIN TODAY!!Open 

• Thread starter zer05ive
  • 149,531 comments
I was wondering the same thing... I only saw one mention of changing the order, and I don't think we should do that.

There were two mentions of it. Frankly I don't care, though. I just remember how difficult it was for the first several turns back in a proper car after karting last time. I mentioned even then that I thought putting the karts last to minimize the complications caused by that difficult necessary switch in one's reaction programming would be beneficial.

What if you make a custom kart track in the shape of a large circle? Would that be faster?
No pits their right?

Why not just bring it to a practice race at Daytona or Route X? You can crank the transmission way up if you want to. I don't know what the optimum speed would be, though.

Unless anyone has any objections, I'm following Ap and cheeb's suggestion by moving the Kart races to Round 3 instead of where they would normallly be based on PP (Round 2). The lineup has officially been updated to reflect this.

Why not run it in where it's supposed to be run? We haven't changed the line up previously because it switched from a race car to a street car and vice versa. I think it's part of the challenge. Being able to adapt from one discipline to another.

I actually prefer to leave the order based on PP simply because that's "the format" and I don't like making exceptions unless necessary. For example, if anyone ever selected rally cars would we need to push that to the back of the rotation as well? I understand that karts have more differences such as only having a single gear, but that's no different from the Tesla. And you're right about the challenge of adapting from one discipline to another. That's an important skill to have in this league.

However, I also see the other side of the argument as well. We obviously want to create an environment that produces close and clean racing. If everyone is going to be thrown off by the sudden changes of pace, is it worth sticking to the "the format"? I'd like to hear more opinions on this please. 👍

I was wondering the same thing... I only saw one mention of changing the order, and I don't think we should do that.

I actually debated whether to change it or not. What swayed me last night was the fact that it would prevent the need from turning penalties off for Round 2 and then back on for Round 3. However, that's really minor stuff. Again, I'd like to hear more opinions on this. My personal preference is to just stick to the "the format".

Why change it? We didn't last time we did carts.

Good point!

I actually debated whether to change it or not. What swayed me last night was the fact that it would prevent the need from turning penalties off for Round 2 and then back on for Round 3. However, that's really minor stuff. Again, I'd like to hear more opinions on this. My personal preference is to just stick to the "the format".

I think we should stick to the format. No one complained when we went from karts to F430's last time we ran karts.

Just stick to the format. Like I said, I mentioned it last time. I think I got in the F430 and tried to dive into a corner like you can in a kart. Of course, I had it figured out by the end of qualifying.

God I hope nobody ever picks a rally car. A grid on dirt would be too much to bear. I'll officially resign from being a steward when that happens. hehehe (As if these karts weren't scary enough from that perspective.)

However, I also see the other side of the argument as well. We obviously want to create an environment that produces close and clean racing. If everyone is going to be thrown off by the sudden changes of pace, is it worth sticking to the "the format"? I'd like to hear more opinions on this please. 👍

I think the can of worms about what will produce close and clean racing is one we want to leave closed. Everyone will have a differing opinion on what will produce close and clean racing.

I vote to leave it the same (now I'm objecting). If there wasn't a 10 minute qualifying session before the race in between races then I would say let's put it at the end. But it shouldn't take more than a lap or so to do a mental reset and get used to a car again.

God I hope nobody ever picks a rally car. A grid on dirt would be too much to bear. I'll officially resign from being a steward when that happens. hehehe (As if these karts weren't scary enough from that perspective.)

I remember doing a couple of big grid rallies back when we had shuffle Thursdays. What a mess those turned out to be. Fun, but a mess. A rally combo has never been selected before, but i put in my vote now to keep rally racing combos out of snail. At least dirt and snow tracks.

i think the can of worms about what will produce close and clean racing is one we want to leave closed. Everyone will have a differing opinion on what will produce close and clean racing.

I vote to leave it the same (now i'm objecting). If there wasn't a 10 minute qualifying session before the race in between races then i would say let's put it at the end. But it shouldn't take more than a lap or so to do a mental reset and get used to a car again.

+1

For those curious, the Racing Kart 125 gets 31 horsepower and 511 PP after break-in.

Ap
Very frustrated. Have purchased the GT Race Car Pack (all it says is 3 Karts - no specifics as to which ones). Then go looking for the Racing Kart 125 in the garage ....... not there.
I have the 125 SPL, but cannot find a 125.
Any suggestions? Anyone?
Certainly want it broken in before tonight's practice sessions.
Hope you can help me find one.
Tex

Also make sure you've installed the DLC. Just purchasing it won't install it. You have to do that at GT5's startup menu.

Ap
Very frustrated. Have purchased the GT Race Car Pack (all it says is 3 Karts - no specifics as to which ones). Then go looking for the Racing Kart 125 in the garage ....... not there.
Any suggestions? Anyone?
Tex

I'm wondering if there has been a change in the naming of the cart somewhere along the line. I have purchased all the DLC upon release and I do not have, nor can I find a 125 SPL kart.

As far as changing the lineup. I'll agree with someone from earlier and say that the 10 minutes is more than enough to get your mind right. Just don't waste two of those minutes getting on track and realizing you forgot to change back to a manual transmission.

Ap
Any suggestions? Anyone?
Tex

Look in your community. You should have a gift coupon for each car. And you can buy more in the new car dealership.

The SPL Kart was given out for purchasing both the October and December 2011 DLC (according to mygranturismo.net). If you've purchased both of those but don't have the SPL kart, I don't have an answer for you.

Also make sure you've installed the DLC. Just purchasing it won't install it. You have to do that at GT5's startup menu.

Ok - will check the New Car Dealer and the Install ....... forgot that part.
Sorry to give Div 5 such a bad name as to this High Tech computer stuff.
I come from the "much earlier generation".
Tex

The SPL Kart was given out for purchasing both the October and December 2011 DLC (according to mygranturismo.net). If you've purchased both of those but don't have the SPL kart, I don't have an answer for you.

Maybe it's still in my car delivery truck. I will have to take a look at it later. Thanks for giving me one more spot to look.

another area to note, if its not been already ( I did look, but I didnt see someone say it) On the main GT5 "page" (you know, Home, Arcade, track maker, etc.) go all the way to the right, click that dlc button and make sure you have everything installed.

Forgot all about the Delivery Truck .......... the 125 was there all this time.
Sorry guys

Thanks for the feedback guys! I've changed the lineup back to its original form. Each round will progress from lowest PP to highest PP as always. This means the karts will be races in Round 2.

Also, a quick reminder that it's Wednesday and that only means one thing..

PRACTICE RACES ARE TONIGHT!! DON'T PASS UP THIS GREAT OPPORTUNITY TO GET ACCUSTOMED TO THE NEW LINEUP IN A COMPETITIVE ENVIRONMENT! IT'S ALSO A CHANCE TO RACE WITH OTHERS WHO YOU DON'T RACE WITH ON SUNDAY NIGHTS. :)

As always, the practice room numbers will be posted on this thread at about 9:50pm Eastern / 6:50pm Pacific 👍

Back