◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Currently Recruiting for GT7 - JOIN TODAY!!Open 

• Thread starter zer05ive
  • 149,534 comments
That things i dont like its if you are behind the racer and you wait to have a good room to pass clean and you give a good room in the back for him to not bump while he try to be more fast. Others racers behind you pass you like you was not fast . Its unfair because you give place in the back of the front racer and after you get rob your place because you want to give room to the front racer .you see the racers passed you because you wait to get the front racer place . Gentlemen have to stay away or what. Im just confuse

You have to decide if you want to race defensively (to prevent others from passing) or offensively (like usual). It's completely fair actually.

That things i dont like its if you are behind the racer and you wait to have a good room to pass clean and you give a good room in the back for him to not bump while he try to be more fast. Others racers behind you pass you like you was not fast . Its unfair because you give place in the back of the front racer and after you get rob your place because you want to give room to the front racer .you see the racers passed you because you wait to get the front racer place . Gentlemen have to stay away or what. Im just confuse

For you to consider it "unfair" explains why you are always getting penalties and are constantly on probation. There is nothing "unfair" about this at all. It's an integral part of racing and the fact that you consider it "unfair" explains why you are so aggressive on the track.

I hope that you quickly change your views about this so that eventually your racecraft will improve. I know that you've made improvements in the past month, but you still have a ways to go. Unfortunately, as long as you consider losing time or positions "unfair", I don't think you will truly understand good racecraft. :(

JoeW
You have to decide if you want to race defensively (to prevent others from passing) or offensively (like usual). It's completely fair actually.

Much are defensive so i will do that type of driving now . :tup

I'm interested in joining up for some of these events. Great idea to have no tuning, knowing all the cars are the same really adds to the experience in my opinion.
I have the 3 cars at the top of post #2 ready to go.

It's called racing and there is a certain art to it. The object of racing is to get to the finish line first. This means passing those in front of you, and keeping those behind you. If you don't know how to set up and execute a clean pass, you're going to have problems with the first part of that. If you don't know how to run a defensive line, you're going to have problems with the second part. It is only when you learn all of the skills necessary that you will truly be a good racer and not just a good driver.

z06fun. I recognize that name from way back. Unfortunately, his car was always getting smaller as I looked forward. Gentlemen, we have another alien.

@z06fun, you'll want to check this thread as the combinations of cars and tracks will be changing either today or tomorrow for this coming Sunday.

Yeah z06fun...were you ever on the original Granturismo forum ran by kenji? Or on the gtxf refuge forum?

I know that name from somewhere long ago.

Yeah z06fun...were you ever on the original Granturismo forum ran by kenji? Or on the gtxf refuge forum?

I know that name from somewhere long ago.

I don't think I was on either of those, maybe from back in prologue racing days, or maybe from GT academy?

JLBowler
It's called racing and there is a certain art to it. The object of racing is to get to the finish line first. This means passing those in front of you, and keeping those behind you. If you don't know how to set up and execute a clean pass, you're going to have problems with the first part of that. If you don't know how to run a defensive line, you're going to have problems with the second part. It is only when you learn all of the skills necessary that you will truly be a good racer and not just a good driver.

I truly understand what you say and i deserve my time since 3 years in gt5 for make me a better racer and im still in progress since im in this league. If i dont know all this things why im in Div 2. Why i passed 5 week whitout probation the first month i came here and now im on a roll of probation when in my head i always say before the sunday no bumping. I cant be more desesperate to race here . I passed to a good racers to a wrong racer in 1 month. Now i really want to change but i just dont want to have all the snail league on my case everytime.

It may in part be due to the difficulties of language that one of us misunderstands the other. When you say it is "unfair" to have to give room to another racer (which is something you have said on many occasions) it makes it sound like you want to be able to drive through other cars. I doubt that's the truth. I can tell that you're striving for clean racing but adrenaline probably kicks in and an incident happens, anyway.

You're headed in the right direction, I think, greenthumb. Keep it up.

It may in part be due to the difficulties of language that one of us misunderstands the other. When you say it is "unfair" to have to give room to another racer (which is something you have said on many occasions) it makes it sound like you want to be able to drive through other cars. I doubt that's the truth. I can tell that you're striving for clean racing but adrenaline probably kicks in and an incident happens, anyway.

Greenthumb, I'm sorry if your use of the word "unfair" was lost in translation and I made a bigger deal out of it than I should have. As both Ap and I said, we can tell your racecraft is improving. Please continue to keep working at it. 👍

It's hard to do Green. Once they have you in their crosshairs it's hard to get out.

Something happened with me here at some point and certain people treat me with nothing but snarkiness now.

Just keep at it. You've been doing alot better on the track lately. Keep it up.

I'm interested in joining up for some of these events. Great idea to have no tuning, knowing all the cars are the same really adds to the experience in my opinion.
I have the 3 cars at the top of post #2 ready to go.

Hi z06fun,
It's always good to have another S.N.A.L.I.E.N. racing with us! ;)
Thanks for having those three cars ready, but at least one (and possibly two) of them will be getting replaced tonight. Keep an eye on the thread to see what new cars/tracks are selected for this coming Sunday. In the meantime..

We run a clean league by enforcing a strict penalty system based on the S.N.A.I.L. OLR (which is a modified version of the GTP OLR). We also expect all of our drivers to know and follow The Good Racecraft Guide.
Please become versed in both if you aren't already. Once that is complete, please follow the steps below to complete your entry into the league:

1. You run the Time Trial. (NOTE: The tires used for this have more grip than our current tire regulations call for, but please follow the Time Trial directions exactly anyways).
2. You PM me with your time from the time trial (no Sunday racing until this is completed).
3. I assign you to the appropriate Division, to give you the best racing possible.
4. I send you a you a PSN friend request from the appropriate SNAIL_Division1, 2, 3, 4 or 5 account. That is where you race on Sunday night.
6. You drive fast and clean on Sunday 👍

The original post has everything you need to know about what to expect on Sunday night and what you will need to have completed in order to be competitive. If you have any questions, please feel free to post your question on the thread.

If you have a preference for car/wheel colour and racing number, post your choices in this thread.
To avoid duplication, the currently claimed combinations can be found here.

During the week we run a number of different events, we encourage all SNAILs to join as many as possible.

Welcome to S.N.A.I.L. :cheers:

Premium version bro.

I don't think I understand this comment.

Why i passed 5 week whitout probation the first month i came here and now im on a roll of probation when in my head i always say before the sunday no bumping. I cant be more desesperate to race here . I passed to a good racers to a wrong racer in 1 month.

If I understand you correctly, something to keep in mind is not every driver in every division is as good about citing penalties. Perhaps the division you are in now has drivers that are more diligent. I know that I've been shoved inappropriately and not bothered to look at the replay and file a penalty.

Apmaddock

Thank you apmadock im a passionate guys and now im on floor whit all things happen to me this last weeks in this league. What i trying to say its when you are behind a racer you try to pass him and when he choose to play defensive you have to stay in the back of him so you race whit a room between him and you but while you did that some racers maybe agressive decide to pass you and they are maybe more than 1 to pass you maybe sometimes a train pass you because you want to not touching the front racer. When i brake for the front racer the racers behind me have to brake too and not pass me like im a clown .Its a opinion not a jusgement or the truth .

It does suck Green. Alot.

It has happened to me many times. I am trying to drive respectfully and then some guy dives under me. Very irritating.

JoeW
It's hard to do Green. Once they have you in their crosshairs it's hard to get out.

Something happened with me here at some point and certain people treat me with nothing but snarkiness now.

Thanks ice for the encouragement i know you since longtime ( before i was in snail league ) and i apreciate your comment . Sometimes i think im alone in this league but maybe im not :tup.

JoeW
It does suck Green. Alot.

It has happened to me many times. I am trying to drive respectfully and then some guy dives under me. Very irritating.

Very irritating. When you race in a league and you have 6 weeks probation its more than irritating for me its hurt me .

Hey guys, now i feel less like a clown in this league and you made my day.I will doing well for the next week but dont forget what i said.:tup

Other respectful drivers will not try to pass you when it is obvious that the entire line is trying to get past the slow guy in front. Now...after a lap or two with no progress on passing the slower driver, then even the best drivers will get impatient and try to make a move.

Reminds me of Top Gun after Goose died. Maverick was in a training dogfight and his wingman kept telling him to take the shot but Maverick couldn't do it. I feel like a wingman in that situation....if the driver in front of you can't make the pass after awhile then you just have to get past him so you can make the pass yourself.

I think I'm in that group now too. It seems to be growing quickly.

Thank you apmadock im a passionate guys and now im on floor whit all things happen to me this last weeks in this league. What i trying to say its when you are behind a racer you try to pass him and when he choose to play defensive you have to stay in the back of him so you race whit a room between him and you but while you did that some racers maybe agressive decide to pass you and they are maybe more than 1 to pass you maybe sometimes a train pass you because you want to not touching the front racer. When i brake for the front racer the racers behind me have to brake too and not pass me like im a clown .Its a opinion not a jusgement or the truth .

I understand the frustration but that's part of racing. Your job as a driver is to figure out how to while being respectful of the car in front of you not put yourself in a position to be passed by the other drivers. If you are finding that other drivers always end up passing you then you probably aren't thinking ahead enough as to what could happen if the person you are racing does something else than you expected.

I want to share a story from my early karting days of how attitude can affect your racing and whether you get involved in crashes or not. Back in my first year of racing karts I used to get into crashes all the time and somehow it was always the other guys fault (or at least that was what I thought). I'd get annoyed at their bad driving and how they lost me the race and then proceed to get involved in a crash the next race which was of course the other guys fault because he turned into me or didn't leave me room or braked early ETC... This continued till one day I had a race where I started 2nd and on the start got hung out on the outside of the first turn and went all the way back to 5th or 6th. I was pissed and started driving like a mad man attempting passes everywhere I could even in the bad passing zones until the inevitable happened I got in a race ending crash with another guy. At first I was pissed at him and blamed him saying "he should have left me room" until something I was taught about responsibility growing up came to mind. I was taught that you are responsible for what happens to you in life and that you don't have to allow the actions of others to affect you. So I thought how could this apply to racing and what I came up with was a different view on accidents which is no matter what the other guy did I still put my car there. There is always something else you can do no matter what even if that action would lose you a spot in the race or sometimes you don't see it till after the race there is always some other option. As soon as I took that view I stopped having accidents and when I did I learned from them because instead of looking at the accident as he did something so there was nothing I could do it was now how could I have reacted to what he did so I wouldn't have been in an accident. It made me look at if the pass was a smart one or not. I went from replacing the spindle on my kart 12 times in a year to none the next year with this change in attitude. Anyways just something I thought was worth sharing.

On another topic tonight in D2 at 10est we will be running some fun races with the GT300 cars. We will be using these cars:
P RE Amemiya AsparaDrink RX7 '06
P Subaru CUSCO DUNLOP SUBARU IMPREZA '08
P Autobacs ARTA Garaiya '08
P Lexus Weds Sport IS350 '08
We will be running the same ballast system we use for the normal STATS races. If you have never experienced a STATS race I highly recommend you come check it out tonight. It's some of the closest racing you'll experience.

Good story, hillracing. Thank you!

Add a hospital stay in which you receive the news that your career is over and then a montage of you working out and fighting through the injury to get back into racing and you'll have a movie script!

Back