◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Currently Recruiting for GT7 - JOIN TODAY!!Open 

• Thread starter zer05ive
  • 149,534 comments
I don't have time to test right now, but how about taking the Amuse to Deep Forest, or change to the Mini Cooper 07 on Nurb GPF.

I'll update my picks if I get a chance to test before a decision is made.

Ran a few laps with the Shelby (4 total) Pulled a 1:37.769. Is that decent for d4?
I was running 1:36.6xx's so keep practicing;)

I will say I think this car suits my driving style. Ran three races last night in D2 lobby with some fast guys. No offs and was 3rd in each race. Of course with practice I am sure I will do worse;)

jobyone
I was running 1:36.6xx's so keep practicing;)

I will say I think this car suits my driving style. Ran three races last night in D2 lobby with some fast guys. No offs and was 3rd in each race. Of course with practice I am sure I will do worse;)

Well I ran 1:37 with no practice at all so I should be able to drop a second or more easy. Had a few fishtail moments that easily lost a few tenths. Been busy with art and the like so I haven't practiced much. Still managed I think three podiums last week though so not too bad

Sorry for the off topic here but are there any standard practices for the qualifying on Sunday nights? Our host got disconnected at one point Sunday so one of our quali sessions was really long (like 20 minutes or so). Can we just keep running laps in that situation? Or is there an unwritten rule that we do certain number of laps and stop?

Hey Zero-
Going to be getting back into snail racing.
What do I need to do?
thanks

Good to have you back! It's been too long! Here's our standard reply that includes what you need to know and do in order to (re)join:

We run a clean league by enforcing a strict penalty system based on the S.N.A.I.L. OLR (which is a modified version of the GTP OLR). We also expect all of our drivers to know and follow The Good Racecraft Guide.
Please become versed in both if you aren't already. Once that is complete, please follow the steps below to complete your entry into the league:

1. You run the Time Trial. (NOTE: The tires selected for this have more grip than our current tire regulations allow, but please follow the directions exactly anyways).
2. You PM me with your time from the time trial (no Sunday racing until this is completed).
3. I assign you to the division that I fell will give you the closest competition.
4. I send you a you a PSN friend request from the corresponding SNAIL_Division1, 2, 3, 4 or 5 account. That PSN account's lounge is where you will race on Sunday night.
6. You drive fast and clean on Sunday 👍

The original post has everything you need to know about what to expect on Sunday night and what you will need to have completed in order to be competitive. If you have any questions, please feel free to post your question on the thread.

Please note that we often race DLC from three add-on packs:

Racing Car Pack
Course Pack
Twin Ring Motegi Pack

If you don't have these add-on packs, you will need to sit out the races in which they are used.

If you have a preference for car/wheel colour and racing number, post your choices in this thread.
To avoid duplication, the currently claimed combinations can be found here.

During the week we run a number of different events, we encourage all SNAILs to join as many as possible.

Welcome (back) to S.N.A.I.L. :cheers:

Sorry for the off topic here but are there any standard practices for the qualifying on Sunday nights? Our host got disconnected at one point Sunday so one of our quali sessions was really long (like 20 minutes or so). Can we just keep running laps in that situation? Or is there an unwritten rule that we do certain number of laps and stop?

Not speaking for the admins but everyone should stop at the 10 minute mark.

Well I ran 1:37 with no practice at all so I should be able to drop a second or more easy. Had a few fishtail moments that easily lost a few tenths. Been busy with art and the like so I haven't practiced much. Still managed I think three podiums last week though so not too bad
Sucks when life gets in the way and I have no doubt you will drop the time and be faster than me.

Oshawa-Joe
I don't have time to test right now, but how about taking the Amuse to Deep Forest, or change to the Mini Cooper 07 on Nurb GPF.

I'll update my picks if I get a chance to test before a decision is made.

The Amuse on Deep Forest feels no different than the Amuse on Nurb. The Mini on Nurb gpf however was kinda cool and different and it's about 400pp on sports hard.

The Amuse on Deep Forest feels no different than the Amuse on Nurb. The Mini on Nurb gpf however was kinda cool and different and it's about 400pp on sports hard.

Also, I remember a while back we raced a stock S2000 at Deep Forest for weeks on end. It was fun, but not to the point that I'd want to do so something so similar when there's so many other options

We did but then we waited for Owens for five or ten mins before we decided to start.

This opens up a gray area that could become an issue. This is not a personal shot at anyone so I hope no one takes offense, but the races need to start at a specific and consistent time each week. If a division waits for a certain person or two, it begins to look like favortism. At some point and time many of us have gotten disconnected between races and by the time the PS reboots and reloads the game, then reconnects to the lobby, the next race has started and we've missed it. A hard time needs to be set for regular qualifying and for the "interval" type qualifying procedure.

qwietstorm
This opens up a gray area that could become an issue. This is not a personal shot at anyone so I hope no one takes offense, but the races need to start at a specific and consistent time each week. If a division waits for a certain person or two, it begins to look like favortism. At some point and time many of us have gotten disconnected between races and by the time the PS reboots and reloads the game, then reconnects to the lobby, the next race has started and we've missed it. A hard time needs to be set for regular qualifying and for the "interval" type qualifying procedure.

The only reason I'm aware we waited is he was hosting the room. I think if its obvious that someone got disconnected we should wait if possible.

There already is a hard time.

Qualifying for the first race starts at 10PM Eastern. The race should be initiated when the timer at the top hits 10 minutes. It makes no difference what type of qualifying is happening unless some specific exception has been made.

Waiting for someone is generally something we do not do. Attempts to wait for people to rejoin have happened in the past, and only made things run late. Generally speaking, if there is one disconnect, there is a good chance for another from the same guy. Waiting for a director is a bit of a different story, though, and I'm sure he appreciated the attempt.

As always, the director has the ability to alter things slightly as needed…which leads to your problem. ;)

If the director disconnects before a race, or during a race, My main concern is that someone, or most someones, save a copy of the race. It is one of the key duties of the director, and if he cannot fulfill that duty, please take a 'battlefield promotion' and Do The Right Thing.

I do not expect my division to wait longer for me than another (I usually wait an extra minute or two if someone disconnects in the last 2-3 minutes of the previous race), just save it and roll on.

Last edited:
Ab fab we are seeing some of the founding fathers returning, ledbedr, screaming_chief, wrx silver. Who's next diabolic, dough boy or ckoerner?

Get 'er done.

I will be doing special practice and break in session tonight for the 2 new combos only. 10 practice followed by a 20 minute race instead of two 10 min. races. Will be starting about 11pm eastern in d1, and if it's available.

Ab fab we are seeing some of the founding fathers returning, ledbedr, screaming_chief, wrx silver. Who's next diabolic, dough boy or ckoerner?

I've been trying to convince dvdoughboy to come back.. Well actually, trying to convince his fiancé to let him.. :lol:

I am in D1, but I doubt for long.

This Trial Mountain combo... Seriously is not fun for me.

Not meant as a slam on those who like these combos at all, but I recall much lower PP when I started on grippier tires. I was not skillful then, and I may have improved a little bit, but...

I would like to request a codirector or volunteer to replace me in D5.

I am in D1, but I doubt for long.

This Trial Mountain combo... Seriously is not fun for me.

Not meant as a slam on those who like these combos at all, but I recall much lower PP when I started on grippier tires. I was not skillful then, and I may have improved a little bit, but...

I would like to request a codirector or volunteer to replace me in D5.
Hey Handle what wheel do you use?

Back