◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Currently Recruiting for GT7 - JOIN TODAY!!Open 

• Thread starter zer05ive
  • 149,539 comments
Agreed. We had a great battle in the cobra:) I thought it was challenging but also fun. You could actually pass people. But it is gone and the boring (to me) CRZ remains yet again:(

I wish I could post the D1 replays from both CRZ races last night. It was a constant side by side battle through both races. At one point we were 3 wide down the front straight.

qwietstorm
I wish I could post the D1 replays from both CRZ races last night. It was a constant side by side battle through both races. At one point we were 3 wide down the front straight.

I think I remember 4 wide for the lead in one of the races. Was some great racing last night.

Some great clean, fast racing in D1 last night. Thanks all:cheers:

Glad to see that you were back on the grid last night, Joey. Area 51 isn't the same without you. :)

Wish i could join you all. I would love top relive the amuse at Daytona. Had some good battles there and would love a rematch with bowler there.

That's too bad, Rally. Hopefully whatever scheduling conflict you've had lately on Sunday nights goes away. Where are your priorities, man?!? :lol:

This is basically a repost. I would like to help people if they need a car, but I don't know how. How does one "dupe" and "loan" a car? PM or pulic post would be nice.

I answered that question, that you asked, yesterday about how to dupe cars....page 956 I believe.

I feel just like Rally. The NISMO at Daytona helped to bring me into this league. Those were fun races.

Unfortunately I really don't think I'll make it. The inlaws will be staying with us this weekend and most of next week, substantially stymieing my freedom.

I feel just like Rally. The NISMO at Daytona helped to bring me into this league. Those were fun races.

Unfortunately I really don't think I'll make it. The inlaws will be staying with us this weekend and most of next week, substantially stymieing my freedom.

Have them be your grand stand spectators!! 👍

dabneyd
Another high-power, low-grip, one and done combination.

The Cobra had a massive amount of grip, it's just an old car that's not as easy to drive as most people like. I found that if you had the brake balance right (I think I was running 5/3) and you feathered the brakes into a turn that thing would stick like glue! After that it was all a matter of throttle control and knowing where those unsettling bumps are on the track.

The Cobra is like the zr1; mind boggling fast, but no one has the patience to learn how to drive it.

Edit: Just saw that I might have sounded a bit arrogant. Not not sure how to fix that, no offense intended.

Last edited:
The Cobra had a massive amount of grip, it's just an old car that's not as easy to drive as most people like. I found that if you had the brake balance right (I think I was running 5/3) and you feathered the brakes into a turn that thing would stick like glue! After that it was all a matter of throttle control and knowing where those unsettling bumps are on the track.

The Cobra is like the zr1; mind boggling fast, but no one has the patience to learn how to drive it.

Edit: Just saw that I might have sounded a bit arrogant. Not not sure how to fix that, no offense intended.
With the way you were driving the Cobra you do not need to apologize. I was running consistent low 1:36's and you caught me and passed me. You must of been doing consistent 1:35's. In that car that is fast especially for D4. And I agree about the car. For me it was a simple car to drive. Brake hard and straight, Turn, wait till the car was pointed down the next straight and floor it:)

I am just trying to wrap my head around 'massive amount of grip' for the Cobra.

What superlatives do you ascribe to the other two cars last night, in terms of grip?

off throttle cornering is where that massive grip is. But take a car thats less then a ton, and shove hundreds of horses down its pants, and its gonna go nuts when you get on the gas. I agree though, off the throttle and that car does corner well.

Not patience, time. I was able to do an hour of practice total for this week's combinations. I'm sure we could all learn how to drive poor-handling cars with enough time, but is that the point? Simply put, combinations like the Cobra or R8 are going to be one and done every time. You're more than welcome to choose those combinations, but I'm going to do everything I can to make sure that those that choose poorly are relieved of their ability to choose.

off throttle cornering is where that massive grip is. But take a car thats less then a ton, and shove hundreds of horses down its pants, and its gonna go nuts when you get on the gas. I agree though, off the throttle and that car does corner well.

OK, but massive grip = 'when you coast' is what I misunderstood.

Please reply to this post once you've voted for the top 3 S.N.A.I.L. combos of the year! :gtpflag:

Voted as well! I can't wait to see what we'll be running Sunday!

Also I'll repost my message from yesterday, as I think it got caught up in all the conversation.

Looks like a fun league, and it fits in with my schedule perfectly. I'd like to join in if you have any room left.
PSN:cmbeal317
Time Zone: EST

Post #24 December 16th, 2011

Hard to believe it's been a year since I typed this message up. I just wanted to take a minute to thank all here in S.N.A.I.L. for making this the best league on GTPlanet. I don't think I've ever had a bad time since I joined a year ago, and I'm hoping that every night we race will be even more enjoyable! Since I've joined my racing has become a lot better than when I started. Though I'm still pretty cautious, I will occasionally try some daredevil moves. Plus if it wasn't for S.N.A.I.L. I probably wouldn't have started S.P.E.C. Racing. Once again, a massive thank you to everyone, and here's to another great year of S.N.A.I.L.!:cheers:

cmbeal317

I really enjoyed driving the cobra. It was a combo that forced me to improve on a weakness, my car control. The cobra felt like a "crash course" in throttle and brake control to balance a car - pun intended.

I have no problem with having a combo like this on occasion to use as a learning experience. Thanks to who picked it!

but I'm going to do everything I can to make sure that those that choose poorly are relieved of their ability to choose.
Luckily you are only one person;)

I am not at all surprised the Cobra is one and done. But I loved the combo and would happily run it again. I love the variety and also trying to get the most I can out of the combos we are given:idea:.

While I was not running 33's or even 34's I feel I got what I could out of the Cobra and am proud of how I drove that car. Maybe it just fit my driving style:dopey:.

Back