◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Currently Recruiting for GT7 - JOIN TODAY!!Open 

• Thread starter zer05ive
  • 149,538 comments
Here are the official results from our league night on December 16th, 2012

Click here for detailed results and statistics

Division 1
  1. JoeyFast22 -------- voted to eliminate Round 2 89 points (91.23 for Prize A)
  2. redsoxboy80 ------- voted to eliminate Round 2
  3. SPEED14231234 ----- voted to eliminate Round 3
  4. hillracing -------- voted to eliminate Round 3
  5. Nic-KL ------------ voted to eliminate Round 1
  6. QwietStorm03 ------ voted to eliminate Round 3
  7. OwensRacing ------- voted to eliminate Round 1
  8. dgafaboutany1420 -- voted to eliminate Round 3
  9. dabneyd ----------- voted to eliminate Round 3
  10. kendawg198 -------- voted to eliminate Round 3
  11. DownStyle --------- did not submit a vote
  12. WiiFreak ---------- did not submit a vote
  13. doodlemonoply ----- did not submit a vote
  • GTP_Worst_Driver -- DNR
  • GumballCGT -------- DNR
  • z06fun1 ----------- DNR
  • JazzVanWolfe ------ DNR
  • Torino-IKA -------- DNR
  • Forcednduckshn ---- DNR
  • gatordaryl -------- DNR
  • albtifosi --------- DNR
  • VELOCI_2NR -------- DNR
Division 2
  1. BerdiyevA --------- voted to eliminate Round 1 87 points (81.35 for Prize C)
  2. jlbowler ---------- voted to eliminate Round 1
  3. kcheeb ------------ voted to eliminate Round 3
  4. Drrgreenthumb67 --- voted to eliminate Round 2
  5. DrKronin ---------- voted to eliminate Round 1
  6. zer05ive ---------- voted to eliminate Round 2
  7. AG07WRXTR --------- voted to eliminate Round 2
  8. dangerzone641 ----- did not submit a vote
  • Ice_Warden -------- DNR
  • tcrash15 ---------- DNR
  • wackylatino ------- DNR
  • AJK-VAIL ---------- DNR
  • GTP_PaulMac ------- DNR
  • GTP_pilmat -------- DNR
  • Turbo91stdcivic --- DNR
  • Soren535 ---------- DNR
  • SPIDERMANLOL1 ----- DNR
  • A_Higher_Place ---- DNR
Division 3
  1. Oshawa-Joe -------- voted to eliminate Round 1 86 points (80.84 for prize purposes)
  2. racefan78 --------- voted to eliminate Round 1
  3. NashNGW ----------- voted to eliminate Round 1
  4. tezgm99 ----------- voted to eliminate Round 3
  5. Apmaddock --------- voted to eliminate Round 3
  6. ChuthuluGoat ------ voted to eliminate Round 3
  7. Luv2Coach --------- voted to eliminate Round 2
  8. leadbedr ---------- voted to eliminate Round 3
  • GTP_mike46an2 ----- DNR
  • spooble ----------- DNR
  • GTP_BeRandom ------ DNR
  • dragonwhisky ------ DNR
  • Maxime0911 -------- DNR
  • RAM_SAM ----------- DNR
  • Astrias ----------- DNR
  • rallywgn81 -------- DNR
  • moi_2212 ---------- DNR
  • NCemtB ------------ DNR
  • ravy1316 ---------- DNR
Division 4
  1. jobyone ----------- voted to eliminate Round 2 82 points (81.59 for Prize B)
  2. weaver-2009_ ------ voted to eliminate Round 3
  3. Da_Panda_Bear ----- voted to eliminate Round 1
  4. Wolfsatz ---------- voted to eliminate Round 1
  5. GTP_SGPracing ----- voted to eliminate Round 3
  6. cmbeal317 --------- voted to eliminate Round 3
  7. lifesagamble420 --- voted to eliminate Round 3
  8. ExoSphere64 ------- voted to eliminate Round 1
  9. socalracer310 ----- did not submit a vote
  10. zxxCOUNT210xxz ---- voted to eliminate Round 1
  • KuulKriine -------- DNR
  • Vol_Jbolaz -------- DNR
  • Sandblazter ------- DNR
  • Schmiggz ---------- DNR
  • NateD29 ----------- DNR
  • ZohsixGT5 --------- DNR
  • whatbadgerseat ---- DNR
  • II-NOVA-II -------- DNR
  • donconater -------- DNR
Division 5
  1. Skills_19657 ------ voted to eliminate Round 2 80 points (80 for prize purposes)
  2. TEX-36 ------------ voted to eliminate Round 3
  3. codeblue111 ------- voted to eliminate Round 3
  4. Driftin_Assassin -- voted to eliminate Round 1
  5. Handlebar-Man ----- voted to eliminate Round 3
  6. Jfin07 ------------ voted to eliminate Round 1
  7. cosasquez --------- did not submit a vote
  8. iroquois-- -------- voted to eliminate Round 3
  9. primarywheel ------ voted to eliminate Round 3
  10. flesxruoyxllik ---- did it submit a vote
  11. the2armedmen ------ did it submit a vote
  • SCREAMING_CHIEF --- DNR
  • Obi-Tonobi -------- DNR
  • canuckleheadII ---- DNR
  • GranStand_Bill ---- DNR
  • luckyluc93 -------- DNR
  • Solbergg ---------- DNR
  • g-MachineREX ------ DNR
  • Sirhankysur ------- DNR
  • iceandspice ------- DNR
  • THRASH_46 --------- DNR
  • DRaKeWiLD --------- DNR
  • OUTLAW---666 ------ DNR
  • sunnypuff --------- DNR
  • jboy32 ------------ DNR
The round that received the most elimination votes was:
ROUND 3 - Shelby Cobra 427 '66 @Trial Mountain Circuit

Therefore it has been dropped from next week's line-up. Since JoeyFast22 wins Prize A, he gets to decide which car and track will replace it.

The round that received the second most votes was:
Round 1 - Audi TT Coupe 3.2 quattro '03 @Nürburgring GP/F

Therefore, either the car or the track will be replaced for next week's line-up. Since jobyone gets Prize B, he gets to decide which is replaced and what replaces it.

Price C goes to BerdiyevA so he gets any gift car ticket listed here.

Last edited:
NOOOOOOO!!!!!!!! I wanted to Cobra to stay :( I loved that combo and would have loved to have seen the Cobra on a few more tracks. Oh well, maybe another fr monster will replace it. Hopefully something with gobs of power and oversteer 👍

NOOOOOOO!!!!!!!! I wanted to Cobra to stay :( I loved that combo and would have loved to have seen the Cobra on a few more tracks. Oh well, maybe another fr monster will replace it. Hopefully something with gobs of power and oversteer 👍

Funny, that is almost exactly what I do not want. Different strokes and all that. Sometimes I even learn something from those beasties. But the Cobra? I needed a tetanus shot, or antivenin, after that untamed monster. :sly:

Ditto! That was a very fun combo. Too bad it did not survive over 1 Sunday.

LFA, it's time has come!

Personally, I love the 4WDs, and things like the 2002 Nissan Skyline GT-R V・spec II Nür (R34)... I really wish we could paint up the Rally Cars. Heck, even put a stripe or something on a car... but that will be in GT6 (coming in... X years), I hope.

Anywho - whoever gets the choice, enjoy it and have fun with it.

I love the Cobra, but people who want to run fast cars have got to stop putting them at Trial Mountain. That has only led to elimination.

Apmaddock
I love the Cobra, but people who want to run fast cars have got to stop putting them at Trial Mountain. That has only led to elimination.

I agree. I thought just driving the combo was fun but that track with that car in my opinion isn't the best for racing. That being said I had quite a good battle with nic-kl in the second race there last night. Hope the replacement is fun to drive for hot laps and racing.

So I took some time today to finally address the issue with my G27 today. Turns out that the little circuit and mount for the wheel position optics is the problem. There are four screws that hold the circuit and mount on the back of one of the ffb motors. Those screws work loose after some time from the vibrations and such from the motor its mounted to. I was able to tighten them without completely breaking down the wheel. Just pop off the wheel and top cover and its right there.
Before the fix, i couldn't do more then two or three corners without the wheel loosing calibration, our any kind of contact with a wall or another car. I just tested it, an hour of drift and it never went out of alignment. Glad it was an easy fix.
On another note. Have fun racing tonight. Maybe after the new year I'll be able to get back in on Sundays again.

I think this is what I have to do. I'll take the top cover off and see if I can fix mine tonight. After about 2 or 3 races, I have to unplug the wheel from the wall and from the PS3 and wait a few secs, then plug it all back in and it recalibrates. It's not that big a deal because I have a USB extension to my seat and it's plugged in right behind me. It only becomes a problem when I countersteer REALLY fast during a race. I then have to run the remainder of the race with the wheel off center.

Agreed. We had a great battle in the cobra:) I thought it was challenging but also fun. You could actually pass people. But it is gone and the boring (to me) CRZ remains yet again:(

Agreed. We had a great battle in the cobra:) I thought it was challenging but also fun. You could actually pass people. But it is gone and the boring (to me) CRZ remains yet again:(

I saw more legitimate passing in the CR-Z than the Cobra. Most of the passes in the Cobra were of cars facing the wrong direction. Another high-power, low-grip, one and done combination. Will we learn anything from this? Nope.

I saw more legitimate passing in the CR-Z than the Cobra. Most of the passes in the Cobra were of cars facing the wrong direction. Another high-power, low-grip, one and done combination. Will we learn anything from this? Nope.

I totally understand why these combos are short lived. I will say that it is the combo that I found most challenging but also the most rewarding in my time in S.N.A.I.L.. From my view point there were plenty of good passes in the Cobra.

I agree. I thought just driving the combo was fun but that track with that car in my opinion isn't the best for racing. That being said I had quite a good battle with nic-kl in the second race there last night. Hope the replacement is fun to drive for hot laps and racing.

I think the Cobra would be Awesome at Spa! .. .Hey, we haven't been there since the S2000.

The Cobra is a doomed car for spec racing. Either the track will be too tight and there will be constant sliding or the track will be too open and we'll be constantly on the limiter.

If Joey was so inclined, he could resurrect the Cobra on a different circuit.
I don't think that'll fly. It was voted off, so both bits must be changed.

Wolfsatz
I think the Cobra would be Awesome at Spa! .. .Hey, we haven't been there since the S2000.

Except for the rev limiter. It's to bad there's no way to keep the cars spec but change the gear ratio so cars like the cobra can be used at longer tracks. It'd be awesome if they'd make it so you could put a different gear ratio in the car and make it tuning prohibited with the new ratio now the spec ratio.

Last edited:
I totally understand why these combos are short lived. I will say that it is the combo that I found most challenging but also the most rewarding in my time in S.N.A.I.L.. From my view point there were plenty of good passes in the Cobra.

Trial mountain is just not a place for sprint races. One mistake, and there are plenty of places to make a mistake, and you're done.

Except for the rev limiter. It's to bad there's no way to keep the cars spec but change the gear ratio so cars like the cobra can be used at longer tracks. It'd be awesome if they'd make it so you could put a different gear ratio in the car and make it tuning prohibited with the new ratio now the spec ratio.

Or if you could set the whole room to a spec tune. There are so many features from Forza 4 that I wish GT5 had. Sigh.

Is it possible to still join this league? SPEC racing is right up my street!

Cheers for any replies,
Holty!

Yes, we still have spot open. However, I see that you're in England. Will you be able to race at our time slot?

Gosh, hope there will be enough time to break in 2 new cars, duplicate them and send them to the other drivers before next race day. Any word on the new combos?

Gosh, hope there will be enough time to break in 2 new cars, duplicate them and send them to the other drivers before next race day. Any word on the new combos?

It hasn't even been twelve hours since the racing finished and the complaint window hasn't even closed. Do we really need to answer this?

Sorry I missed the times before...unfortunately 3 a.m would be a little late even for me

Real shame, just the sort of racing I've been looking for!

Yes, we still have spot open. However, I see that you're in England. Will you be able to race at our time slot?

Someone should create this same league but have it run 4-5 hours earlier for the people on the other side of the world. You can see how many people ask to join and then leave disappointed because we race at North American time.

Sorry I missed the times before...unfortunately 3 a.m would be a little late even for me

Real shame, just the sort of racing I've been looking for!

Yeah that's too bad. Let us know if you ever plan on staying up late one of these Sunday nights. ;)

Someone should create this same league but have it run 4-5 hours earlier for the people on the other side of the world. You can see how many people ask to join and then leave disappointed because we race at North American time.

Actually, we were very close to doing exactly that. Unfortunately, it didn't pan out.. :(

Sunday Night European Interactive League doesn't have the same ring.

It hasn't even been twelve hours since the racing finished and the complaint window hasn't even closed. Do we really need to answer this?
Remember the next official S.N.A.I.L. race is Sunday the 30th. I think we will have time to break in the cars:)

Now if only we new what we were doing this Sunday;)

Back