◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Currently Recruiting for GT7 - JOIN TODAY!!Open 

• Thread starter zer05ive
  • 149,534 comments
RX7 has been far and away my favorite car of every night that it has been in the lineup.
Out has been many racers favorite, which is why it is one if the longest lasting cars in SNAIL history.

1:18 in that video is no doubt the down hill section at the end of Apricot Hill. I recall that weird road line!!!

Hoping and praying for three new tracks now!!!
I how this something that comes to fruition. I'm a little skeptical if willow though. Maybe for gt6...

Yes, it does. In fact, that how aubdogg checked the lineups for Sunday night why back when..

the2armedmen, please confirm that your friend has some way of checking the lineups and reading the rules, etc. Otherwise, it's on you to hand feed all of that information to him (which will get really old, really fast).
Speaking of that guy, i ran into him on an open lobby shuffle room a couple weeks back. Says hi and glad to see SNAIL is doing good.

I how this something that comes to fruition. I'm a little skeptical if willow though. Maybe for gt6...

Of any track, Willow Springs would be really easy to put in the game. There's so little surrounding the track, it wouldn't take much to build.

Of any track, Willow Springs would be really easy to put in the game. There's so little surrounding the track, it wouldn't take much to build.
As much as I would love to get excited about a new track showing up in GT5 I just do not see it happening:( They have used tracks in videos before and while we have gotten some it is always with advanced notice. They have never dropped an update containing a new track without announcing it weeks in advance. I hope I am wrong.

On a side note, there was a Merkur xr4ti at the train station today that had a V8 rumble to it. It was idling in the parking lot next to a Tahoe so I figured it was the exhaust of the Tahoe making the noise until the Merkur drove off.

EDIT: There's a guy on youtube that has one...he lives in Woodbridge, VA. His however is a gray color. The one I saw today was a dark cherry looking color with blacked out wheels.

Any signs of the new Vette?
Not in my e store...:ouch:

Can you register it for him?

Will he also be driving for him?

On a seriuos note, Armed Men, make sure that he read the SNAIL OLR, I know that yesterday we were just having fun and such, but he needs to read about ghosting, re entering track, etc.

Any signs of the new Vette?
Not in my e store...:ouch:
I hear rumors it only comes in two colors, is not paintable and you can not change the wheels:( It is also not tuneable but for S.N.A.I.L. that is not a big deal.

also saw this

Adjusted performance point calculations to correct an issue where the speed of cars in races with PP (Performance Point) restrictions would be matched unfairly.

I wonder how that will effect engine limiting?

On a side note, there was a Merkur xr4ti at the train station today that had a V8 rumble to it. It was idling in the parking lot next to a Tahoe so I figured it was the exhaust of the Tahoe making the noise until the Merkur drove off.

EDIT: There's a guy on youtube that has one...he lives in Woodbridge, VA. His however is a gray color. The one I saw today was a dark cherry looking color with blacked out wheels.

I have been thinking about Merkurs and whether the 2.0 Turbo from the new Focus ST would fit:) Rumor has it that engine is going to be in a mustang in the future.

update 2.10 available now.

EDIT: quick update, 30 second download.

463 HP after Oil Change @ 529 PP and 1500 Kg of weight.
Cannot paint it, change wheels but it does have a Ferrarish look to it. 👍

Breaking it in just in case...

478 HP broken in @ 533 PP... I wish I could paint it.

Last edited:
Hi saxplayer1998,

Thanks for your interest! I hope you are better at keeping all four wheels on the track than your avatar suggest;) Here's what you need to know and do in order to join:

We run a clean league by enforcing a strict penalty system based on the S.N.A.I.L. OLR (which is a modified version of the GTP OLR). We also expect all of our drivers to know and follow The Good Racecraft Guide.
Please become versed in both if you aren't already. Once that is complete, please follow the steps below to complete your entry into the league:

1. You run the Time Trial. (NOTE: The tires selected for this have more grip than our current tire regulations allow, but please follow the directions exactly anyways).
2. You PM kcheeb with your time from the time trial (no Sunday racing until this is completed).
3. We assign you to the division that I feel will give you the closest competition.
4. We send you a you a PSN friend request from the corresponding SNAIL_Division1, 2, 3, 4 or 5 account. That PSN account's lounge is where you will race on Sunday night.
6. You drive fast and clean on Sunday 👍

The original post has everything you need to know about what to expect on Sunday night and what you will need to have completed in order to be competitive. If you have any questions, please feel free to post your question on the thread.

Please note that we often race DLC from three add-on packs:

Racing Car Pack
Course Pack
Twin Ring Motegi Pack

If you don't have these add-on packs, you will need to sit out the races in which they are used.

If you have a preference for car/wheel colour and racing number, post your choices in this thread.
To avoid duplication, the currently claimed combinations can be found here.

During the week we run a number of different events, we encourage all SNAILs to join as many as possible.

Welcome to S.N.A.I.L. :cheers:

Last edited:
Hi Moperlover2,

Thanks for your interest! Here's what you need to know and do in order to join:

We run a clean league by enforcing a strict penalty system based on the S.N.A.I.L. OLR (which is a modified version of the GTP OLR). We also expect all of our drivers to know and follow The Good Racecraft Guide.
Please become versed in both if you aren't already. Once that is complete, please follow the steps below to complete your entry into the league:

1. You run the Time Trial. (NOTE: The tires selected for this have more grip than our current tire regulations allow, but please follow the directions exactly anyways).
2. You PM kcheeb with your time from the time trial (no Sunday racing until this is completed).
3. We assign you to the division that we feel will give you the closest competition.
4. We send you a you a PSN friend request from the corresponding SNAIL_Division1, 2, 3, 4 or 5 account. That PSN account's lounge is where you will race on Sunday night.
6. You drive fast and clean on Sunday 👍

The original post has everything you need to know about what to expect on Sunday night and what you will need to have completed in order to be competitive. If you have any questions, please feel free to post your question on the thread.

Please note that we often race DLC from three add-on packs:

Racing Car Pack
Course Pack
Twin Ring Motegi Pack

If you don't have these add-on packs, you will need to sit out the races in which they are used.

If you have a preference for car/wheel colour and racing number, post your choices in this thread.
To avoid duplication, the currently claimed combinations can be found here.

During the week we run a number of different events, we encourage all SNAILs to join as many as possible.

Welcome to S.N.A.I.L. :cheers:

I'm sick today and will do the time trial tomorrow, in the meantime, could the color combination black/black be reserved. Also if this is allowed, if I don't up in a division other than 3, can the number 16 be reserved and if I am in three, I'll figure it out later.

I'm sick today and will do the time trial tomorrow, in the meantime, could the color combination black/black be reserved. Also if this is allowed, if I don't up in a division other than 3, can the number 16 be reserved and if I am in three, I'll figure it out later.

Black is spoken for in Div 2, 3 and 5. So if you end up in 1 or 4 you can use black. We like the numbers to be unique across divisions. If you are not put in D3 we can put you down as 16 but if you and bug end up in the same division he will take precedence.

Black is spoken for in Div 2, 3 and 5. So if you end up in 1 or 4 you can use black. We like the numbers to be unique across divisions. If you are not put in D3 we can put you down as 16 but if you and bug end up in the same division he will take precedence.

Is red (body)/dark blue (wheels) taken?

Back