◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Currently Recruiting for GT7 - JOIN TODAY!!Open 

• Thread starter zer05ive
  • 149,534 comments
FFs are epic, the Scirroco is a great example of this :D. You should try it sometime, too bad it's DLC. If not a Honda Civic '08 around AR or GP/D is a great combo :).

I chose the civic '08. Lasted two weeks:) I to love a good FF. maybe we should have an FF night:idea:

This upcoming season, I've been gifted a couple of kids to play the wing spots. One of them is 5'11" and the other is 6'1". They both have the skills to play the 2 guard minus the three pt. range. Add that to my 6'3" guy in the middle that is a natural shot blocker and can handle the ball and I can't wait for this season to get going. The only thing I'm missing this year is a true threat from 3 but the size should make up for it.

I would be salivating myself. That is a treat as a coach. Wow.

I'm thinking 4-out,let the big free in the middle and Laker cuts by your 2&3 guards after a feedto the post. Or off ball screens by the other inside guy if 3 out. I know you will do what you do, I just like talking about it. Lol. I was just salivating, er, I mean thinking about the thought of having size. Lol.

FFs are epic, the Scirroco is a great example of this :D. You should try it sometime, too bad it's DLC. If not a Honda Civic '08 around AR or GP/D is a great combo :).

The CR-Z TC is DLC though. No reason the Scirroco can't be picked then, is there?

There are very detailed guidelines on which cars can and can't be picked. These guidelines are always posted at the bottom of the most recent results post (which is currently this post). This is done so that the Prize A and Prize B winners for that week will know exactly what's expected of their picks. If you read through these guidelines, you'll see why the CR-Z TC was allowed, but the Scirroco would not be.

For those who really hate the Caterham, you're gonna just LOVE the 8C!! Bwahahhahahah!!!

Hate is an understatement for what I feel for the Caterham, but I've driven the 8C numerous times before in both the stock configuration as well as tuned and I don't mind the car at all. IT'S PREDICTABLE.

It's odd to me that a couple of you say that. I find the Caterham to be as predictable as any other car.

Apmaddock
It's odd to me that a couple of you say that. I find the Caterham to be as predictable as any other car.

Me as well, i find that you must treat it like a woman. Approach the line cautiously, do what she wants for a bit, and respect it. Only once you do that can you slam laps like there's no tomorrow.

That came out WAY more sexual than it sounded in my head... Seriously not what I intended, but it's too perfect of an analogy to change.

I actually find the Caterham to be the most predictable car out of any on the past two Sunday night lineups. Perhaps in D1, the limit they're pushing the car to is on a whole 'nother level and it doesn't react well to that.

That came out WAY more sexual than it sounded in my head... Seriously not what I intended...

I find it hard to believe that was unintentional, but it sure was hilarious :lol:

Seriously though, when I first started driving the Caterham I thought it was really unpredictable too. At Cape Ring I would go though a turn no problems one lap, then spin out the next. What I realized by analyzing my line through each corner is that the car is perfectly predictable, it's just VERY sensitive. Which you would expect considering how light it is. Minor things like being just a fraction of a car width off the line, barely touching a curb, or hitting an off-camber section of the track can be enough to upset it. I've found that driving that car made me pay way more attention to the way I attack corners, and it's improved my driving skill overall. Now what started off as one of my least favorite cars has become one of my favorites!

racefan78
I find it hard to believe that was unintentional, but it sure was hilarious :lol:

I think I was referencing the process of landing the date not uh... the other thing.

Never underestimate the power of adhd medication and caffeine.

Seriously though, when I first started driving the Caterham I thought it was really unpredictable too. At Cape Ring I would go though a turn no problems one lap, then spin out the next. What I realized by analyzing my line through each corner is that the car is perfectly predictable, it's just VERY sensitive. Which you would expect considering how light it is. Minor things like being just a fraction of a car width off the line, barely touching a curb, or hitting an off-camber section of the track can be enough to upset it. I've found that driving that car made me pay way more attention to the way I attack corners, and it's improved my driving skill overall. Now what started off as one of my least favorite cars has become one of my favorites!
If only they would fix the gearing it would easily be one of my favorite cars in the game. I keep meaning to throw a custom gearbox using this gear setup on it and try it out on the tracks we have run it on and see how much better it would be.

Me as well, i find that you must treat it like a woman. Approach the line cautiously, do what she wants for a bit, and respect it. Only once you do that can you slam laps like there's no tomorrow.

So what was your lap times at Laguna?

kendawg
So what was your lap times at Laguna?

I think my fastest was either close to 1:35 flat or in the high 1:34s. There's a ton of room for improvement to, I lose at least a second in the corkscrew.

I think my fastest was either close to 1:35 flat or in the high 1:34s. There's a ton of room for improvement to, I lose at least a second in the corkscrew.
Not a whole lot of room for improvement. Fast lap in D1 was 1:34.4;)

Since Im new to most of you people, and Im not the fastest *cough Very Slow cough*, was wondering how times look at Autumn Ring Reverse?

I still need to do the Time Trial thing too....Prbly put me in Div 6!

*Edit* i could use a Clio and 8C. I had an 8c but it has engine upgrade to it

jobyone
Not a whole lot of room for improvement. Fast lap in D1 was 1:34.4;)

Oh wow. If I only had the corkscrew down :drool: I consistently am a second slower through that section than others like Oshawa and Coach.

The fast lap for D4 was 1:37.299 last week and 1:36.840 the week before. We do not have data for D3.

I will be putting data for d3 up tomorrow. This week has been busy so far.:yuck: My car needed a radiator, thermostat, tension pully, and several engine gaskets.:ouch:

irmopars
Since Im new to most of you people, and Im not the fastest *cough Very Slow cough*, was wondering how times look at Autumn Ring Reverse?

Sending the 8c in a bit.

I can shoot you the Clio when I get home in a bit (Send FR to "HandlebarMustash" on PSN).

...D6 my eye....

Says the guy with "Drivingfast.net" in his signature.

I'd like to officially plunk down a color combo as to avoid the "twins" syndrome we had in D2 last Sunday:dopey:

Put me down as yellow car (Giallo Modena) with red wheels (Toro Red) and I'll take the number 88 as well.
Done. Thanks for choosing a unique color and number. Anyone else need to update their color/number?

Back