◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Currently Recruiting for GT7 - JOIN TODAY!!Open 

• Thread starter zer05ive
  • 149,534 comments
Well, like I said last Wednesday was my first time doing the "Wednesday Practice". And I really didn't get anything out of it.
My first thought before doing it was that I could come away from it learning something. The only thing I learned was hmmm... there are alot of racers running all over the place.

Well, like I said last Wednesday was my first time doing the "Wednesday Practice". And I really didn't get anything out of it.
My first thought before doing it was that I could come away from it learning something. The only thing I learned was hmmm... there are alot of racers running all over the place.

Well we're not talking about the game, the game, the big game; we're talking about practice.

I'd like to hear from the guys who practice in the D1 lounge regularly regarding this proposal. What do you all think about this idea? Would it be better to keep practice centralized in one lounge so that we can maximize the number of guys in there at any given time (usually not more than a handful at a time as it is). Or do you guys find yourselves disagreeing (out loud or thinking to yourself) on which car and track combo to practice to the point that it would be a good idea to separate things out? Please share your thoughts.

As a fan of Wednesday night's current format, im all for keeping it the way it is.

Kinda like Sunday right? 80% of the drivers this Wednesday were from D1 so you should have felt right at home.

👍
I wasn't there yesterday because I don't take nothing from it. I usually call up some friends and we run some of the combos sometimes. Then I can see where I need to improve..:)

We need a like button like FB...lol

I must speak motivationally... :sly:

Something that hasn't been brought up about Wednesday practice. Considering, on most occasions, The new combo's aren't announced until late Tuesday and sometimes not until Wednesday. For me, I have about an hour before practice to buy the cars, get an oil change and throw on some paint. Most of the time the cars aren't broken in yet and it will be the first time I will drive the car or track. I have to imagine this is the same for quite a few of the Wednesday night regulars. That said, more mistakes will be made while trying to figure out the new car/track. (hence practice) While it doesn't excuse blatantly poor driving, it could explain a higher number of incidents. Filing complaints on a practice night would be counter productive, involve saving and uploading all of the replays and taxing the already overworked stewards. I say keep it as-is. Maybe a move to Thursday nights someday would give some of us a little more time to prepare for *practice* night.

All the more reason to slow the heck down on Wednesday. Although I did put qwietstorm in the wall at one point, but that's mostly because I'm crap.

On another note, I'm glad to see mopar come back. Would be truly awesome to get miss devious back. Damn I miss her.

Last edited:
Ken...the only thing I take away is gaining a little time racing with the people I will see on Sunday. Kind of a way to see the lines of my fellows so I know what I need to do when Sunday hits.

If I can keep it on the track that is.

All the more reason to slow the heck down on Wednesday. Although I did put qwietstorm in the wall at one point, but that's mostly because I'm crap.

On another note, I'm glad to see mopar come back. Would be truly awesome to get miss devious back. Damn I miss her.

I'm right there with you Joe:)

I miss her comments and insight. She's one of the good ones , thats for sure!👍

So what about it Sharkie , you in?

Not to leave out mopar by any means.:) Glad to see him making it back. If it wasn't for your stupid internet connection:crazy:

I'll always be greatful for all the time they spent tutoring myself and everyone else!
:cheers:

All I've ever tried to get out of Wednesday nights is a few laps on the track (with the added bonus of traffic.)

I rarely run any laps before Sunday and find that I normally need about a race's worth to be very comfortable with a combo. On weeks when I've run on Wednesday, even if I've done no other racing that week, I'm faster on Sunday.

…or I'm disgruntled on Thursday… ;)

After all this stuff we've been debating and such regarding racecraft, corner rights. blue flags blah blah blah...

Every week I try to go into online lobbies and find clean racing, and each time I'm very disappointed. Open lobby at it's best as far below the standard of SNAIL on it's worst day. I'm sure there are other good leagues and series out there. I'm proud to play my humble role in keeping the standard up.

All I've gotten out of Wednesday practices is knowing how fast everyone else is and what DS3 means. If anything should be changed about Wednesday practice IMO it shouldn't be the same format as Sunday as far as qualifying and racing. Being able to run 20 or more laps nonstop has been a lot more productive for me rather than breaking it up into 5 qualifying laps then stop for a minute and race and repeat, especially since I (or we) already know the formats of the races on Sunday. Just my opinion

What is everyone running on the autumn ring combo? Any better than 1:24?

If you are running times in the 1:24's you will be very fast for D5:)

Well I finally realized the importance of running in manual transmission tonight, I have been wondering how some of you guys got so fast but then I heard some guys chatting about what gear to take turns in then it dawned on me

Well I finally realized the importance of running in manual transmission tonight, I have been wondering how some of you guys got so fast but then I heard some guys chatting about what gear to take turns in then it dawned on me

Oh yeah, stick with it! When I first started, I stuck with automatic in most cars but very quickly realized I was on my own. I started using manual and have never looked back. Now cars like the Tesla have me making my own sounds and gear changes. I even throw in the occasianal missed gear for entertainment. "BRAP, BRAP, BRAP... SKRR, SKRR... ****, I could smell the clutch on that one!"

I don't win a lot...

For all the guys crying about having to use ds3s - IMMORTALPILOT at one point considered banning ds3 users because of advantages. PS3 was made to use the D3, it is much easier to throw a car around under control through corners, and it's much easier to quickly counter steer and save a spin. Good luck getting back on track quickly with a wheel if you have an off.

Sorry, just a pet peeve of mine about the ds3. A select few see a bit of improvement after alot of work and practice. Many struggle with it. You do it mostly for the fact you will be more closely using the skills required to drive a car in real life versus using a joystick and buttons. I used to be very quick with the DS3 but would never go back. <rant over>

Are the kids done with the tv yet? It's a PA day tomorrow.

Yea in that car auto is not going to work on that track.

I'm guessing practice on Wednesday.

One of my tips on getting quicker involves looking at replays of the faster racers. I use them to learn better lines, corner speeds, and good places to pass. I would watch maxime for great examples of the first two. Sorry maxime, I couldn't resist.

I have just started to watch this but must say it is brilliant. It is a real treat to watch Sir Patrick Stewart talk about and be with Sir Stirling Moss. Makes me realize that Racing Drivers of old were of a different breed than us mere mortals.

http://jalopnik.com/sir-stirling-moss/

I have just started to watch this but must say it is brilliant. It is a real treat to watch Sir Patrick Stewart talk about and be with Sir Stirling Moss. Makes me realize that Racing Drivers of old were of a different breed than us mere mortals.

http://jalopnik.com/sir-stirling-moss/

That was incredible. Makes you wish for the old days of racing where it was all about the driver. Thanks for sharing it. I'm off to find more of this series to watch.

Back