◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Currently Recruiting for GT7 - JOIN TODAY!!Open 

• Thread starter zer05ive
  • 149,534 comments
After school I am going to make an effort to practice.

If anyone who is good at coaching is available after 4:30 PM EST please let me know. Even if you are only "kinda good, I guess" it would still be helpful and appreciated.

///

Correction - 2 hour early dismissal, so more like... 2:30 pm. :-)

Last edited:
One of my tips on getting quicker involves looking at replays of the faster racers. I use them to learn better lines, corner speeds, and good places to pass.

Good places to pass... autumn ring, in particular, has a couple corners where passing is too ambitious to be attempted with most racers. I know from personal experience... Zer05ive knows too :P

Congratulations maxim on D1Bronze.

👍

I'll have to redo my replays since I did them while the psn was down... so they're not identified to my GTP tag username ... I'll make the replays faster :P
Maybe I'll get D1 silver ? :)

Last edited:
I don't think it works that way Maxime. That is why the times are top secret. Otherwise people would just go back and try harder to achieve a quicker time.

I don't think it works that way Maxime. That is why the times are top secret. Otherwise people would just go back and try harder to achieve a quicker time.

I think they'll classify the entry as invalid. Upon verification, they'll see my offline name instead of the GTP tag name.
That's why I think I need to prepare new replays with at least the same time I did.

Friendly reminder to those with Clutch wheels

G27/G25/Fanatec/TH8's etc please check out the link in my signature.

Hope to see some more SNAILS present!!! Always a super good time with this group. So love to have as many of you as possible.

Thank you for your time.

Luv2Coach
Aliens (D1) are running 22s. I'm assuming 23ish in D2 (not fact) and D3 running 24s

On my practice yesterday I was averaging low 2:24s with the occasional 1:23xx. I think my fastest was 1:23:4 but it was one of the laps where you've been practicing for so long you just zone out and when you see the time you have no clue how you did it. I hate those :grumpy:

moutonguerrier
"If everything is under control you are just not driving fast enough"

Sir Stirling Moss

I think that's a bit far. I like to think if you aren't going faster than you were the lap before you're going to slow. Or if your butt isn't clinched the throttle isn't cinched.

Good places to pass... autumn ring, in particular, has a couple corners where passing is too ambitious to be attempted with most racers.

I'd say that autumn ring is great for passing due to it's slow rythmn and lots of low speed corners and it's a wide track too.

But when it comes to Rome, we'll need to be very careful because passing spots are rare and fast pace of the track makes it hard but it's rewarding when you get it right though.

Last edited:
Worst_Driver
But when it comes to Rome, we'll need to be very careful because passing spots are rare and makes it hard but rewarding though.

That and keep an eye out for those freaking marbles. As they say, when in Rome...

Hey SNAILS, you all have a great weekend. I will be enjoying some rally racing, as well as the return of Ken block too a full season with rally America! Be sure I'll be getting some video footage up on YouTube.

All the more reason to slow the heck down on Wednesday. Although I did put qwietstorm in the wall at one point, but that's mostly because I'm crap.

I don't even remember that but if you say so. I know you're a good clean driver so if/when things like that happen, I take them with a grain of salt. I know it's not malicious.

I actually only remember 1 incident I was in all night and that was going into the tunnel on race 1 at GVE. I was on the outside of someone (honestly don't remember who it was) and got pushed into the tunnel entrance. :lol:

Friendly reminder to those with Clutch wheels

G27/G25/Fanatec/TH8's etc please check out the link in my signature.

Hope to see some more SNAILS present!!! Always a super good time with this group. So love to have as many of you as possible.

Thank you for your time.

And, for those who don't own a wheel with that, we can go to one of the lounges at the same time and have our own Alfa race :D

kendawg
Everyone ready for some Friday Night Endurance at SPA...
Grab a high horsepower car and lets race..

I'm missing something amazing aren't I? The app doesn't show signatures witch leaves me out of the loop on a lot of things...

I'm missing something amazing aren't I? The app doesn't show signatures witch leaves me out of the loop on a lot of things...

The Group C LMP cars from '88 to '92 in the D2 lounge for an hour and a half enduro...we're at Spa tonight.

tezgm99
The Group C LMP cars from '88 to '92 in the D2 lounge for an hour and a half enduro...we're at Spa tonight.

Sounds like a blast! I hate to be that guy, but of the cars which one is a handful to drive? I like something that keeps you focused and on your toes, but I don't think I have the time to test them all for the criteria.

dabneyd
All of them except for the 787 and the Jag.

Thanks!

Edit. Just drove the Peugeot and loved it. Except when I finally put my foot down I felt like Hammond in a f1 car. I hit it and said "OHHHHH MYYYYY GOOOOOOOD" Because of snail I had completely forgot how insanely fast race cars are.

Last edited:
I have just started to watch this but must say it is brilliant. It is a real treat to watch Sir Patrick Stewart talk about and be with Sir Stirling Moss. Makes me realize that Racing Drivers of old were of a different breed than us mere mortals.

http://jalopnik.com/sir-stirling-moss/

I am D1 for some practice if anyone is around. I have been watching this Stirling Moss doc and it is very nice!

tezgm99

I'm not sure if l will be able to make it tonight but can you list those cars? I'm not familiar with what car is in what class.

I'm not sure if l will be able to make it tonight but can you list those cars? I'm not familiar with what car is in what class.

Jaguar XJR-9 LM Race Car ’88
Mercedes-Benz Sauber Mercedes C9 Race Car '89
Nissan R89C Race Car '89
Toyota MINOLTA Toyota 88C-V Race Car '89
Mazda 787B Race car '91
Nissan R92CP Race Car '92
Peugeot 905 Race Car '92

And, for those who don't own a wheel with that, we can go to one of the lounges at the same time and have our own Alfa race :D

Absolutely!!!

The car is so fun and it really does well at Nurb.

I truly stink there but the time change and all makes it incredible.

Back