◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Currently Recruiting for GT7 - JOIN TODAY!!Open 

• Thread starter zer05ive
  • 149,531 comments
JESter82178
Off topic but not far. Has anyone seen the Lamborghini Veneno? Get to work PD that car needs to be in Gran Turismo. I had an "experience" looking at the pics.

Only making three of them

I watched the unveiling video. "there will only be three made. One in red, green, and white" but here's the gray one.

*IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT*
After seeing the results of the informal poll question that I threw up regarding the league's start time, I was frankly shocked at how overwhelming the desire to race earlier was by the vast majority of the replies. Even those that I didn't expect to want to race earlier (west coast residents) seemed to be okay (as a whole) with that idea.

That being said, there's a very fine line between giving in to the majority and alienating those of us (including me) who can't race earlier than 10pm Eastern / 7pm Pacific. After all, I started this league based on what worked with my schedule.. However, this league has grown in ways I never planned or expected and it's no longer just about me. Therefore, I've decided to try something that we've never done a single time in our entire history, which is to change our start time!

For our March season, we'll be starting Sunday's league nights at 9:30pm Eastern / 6:30pm Pacific. Hopefully this will allow us to have appeal from a larger audience (namely east coast residents who don't want to race until midnight). My hope is that this shift in time will allow us to attract enough drivers to fill each of our division's grids back up to the 10+ sizes that we prefer. Obviously, this would mean that we wouldn't have to retract down to four divisions either. 👍

I realize that many of you were hoping that we could move the start time earlier but an entire hour, but that would make racing with us impossible for far too many current members. Meanwhile, shifting the start time by only half an hour was only a problem for myself and Apmaddock (and possible tez too). :(

I'm sure there will be others who didn't vote who can't start racing half an hour earlier, but I have a solution that will allow those of us in that situation to still enjoy S.N.A.I.L. in all its glory (or at least most it). However, I'll have to explain that idea in a later post because I don't want to lose this "top of the page" post position. :lol:

Last edited:
I watched the unveiling video. "there will only be three made. One in red, green, and white" but here's the gray one.

Sweet looking piece of Venom

veneno10-640x480.jpg

*IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT*

I realize that many of you were hoping that we could move the start time earlier but an entire hour, but that would make racing with us impossible for far too many of us. Meanwhile, shifting the start time by only half an hour was only a problem for myself and Apmaddock (and possible tez). :(

That sucks..!! How about just starting on time? I am one of those that don't like going past midnight as I have to wake up at 5:20am; but most of the time that we go over is becuase we don't start on time or wait for discos to reconnect.

I actually don't mind the 9:30 on Sundays; but I also like staying at 10 if we start right on time.

BTW, I miss the poll. Been extremely busy at work.

Last edited:
I am against the idea, Zer0, unless we know how we keep some of our 'backbone' folks.

What I 'want' is to have is fuller grids. I sure would not mind earlier, but not at a cost of losing our founders... Duh!

Any word on the D4 replays?

Now for the Prodigal SNAILs to return.
zer05ive, perhaps you should update the title to include the earlier start time. There were many that left because of the time.

I am against the idea, Zer0, unless we know how we keep some of our 'backbone' folks.

What I 'want' is to have is fuller grids. I sure would not mind earlier, but not at a cost of losing our founders... Duh!

Trust me.. I don't want to lose me from the league either! However, I have a plan to accommodate myself and anyone else who can't start racing half an hour earlier. Details soon..

(This message was intended strictly as informational. Any belief that sarcasm or offense were intended in the body of this message is solely the fault of the reader)

:lol: I think I will copy and paste this to every post on GTP from now on.:lol:

New line up?

It is slowly cooking; you'll be called to dinner when served.

For the records... new Quantum Speed:

Wired Speed
2555998321.png

Wireless Speed (Verizon does not guarantee wireless speed)
2556002467.png

... in case your wondering my PS3 is wired.

Last edited:
Wish I could help out with D4 replays HBar...sorry man, wasn't there Sunday.

Schmiggz...if you have 2, export them from your replay theatre, and then copy them from the XMB to a USB stick. They're usually small enough to you can attach them to an email, or use yousendit or something (just know who to send it to, I guess).

One question about the new time. Does this mean all events are expected to start 30 minutes earlier?

Sorry for laying into blood's room earlier. I just got online and saw alot of you guys in there and thought it was going to be a ton of fun. Then Bss303 got me at GVS. Then we went to monza in the rain and chatva rear ended me hard enough to blast me through the second chicane...he waited but then he rear ended me pretty hard several times later in the race (the rain was getting harder and the traction was getting worse...I understand, but it was still frustrating). Listening to you guys hoot and holler about all the fun at the front ;)

Anyways...I'm sure I'll hop in there next time snail is empty and I'm out and about.

Well hey Joe, I had never seen Bss303 so don't know him.
I am very sorry about your rear bumper and would like to cover the repair cost, sure didn't mean to over shoot the second chicane like that.
Oh and if I was such a nice guy for waiting for you, why is my name in RED?
anyway hope you don't give up and get in on a better night when it's all friends, sounds like you enter when there's a bad mix.

Well hey Joe, I had never seen Bss303 so don't know him.
I am very sorry about your rear bumper and would like to cover the repair cost, sure didn't mean to over shoot the second chicane like that.
Oh and if I was such a nice guy for waiting for you, why is my name in RED?
anyway hope you don't give up and get in on a better night when it's all friends, sounds like you enter when there's a bad mix.

Where's this wonderful place? I was looking for some action last night!

Haha Chatva. I know you and I know you are a class act...hence you waiting up. The traction was getting worse as the race went on and the rain got harder so I understand and I don't think I would have done any better. My car was faster on the straight so I know I was a pain in your ass :)

Good stuff.

Well, that's it. I'm done.

I know it's half an hour and that isn't much to most people, but it's a huge difference here.

I don't have any interest in splitting up or starting late, so I'm just going to pack it in.

Have fun out there.

(Yes. I'm taking my ball and going home, but I guess you guys brought your own.)

Well, that's it. I'm done.

I know it's half an hour and that isn't much to most people, but it's a huge difference here.

I don't have any interest in splitting up or starting late, so I'm just going to pack it in.

Have fun out there.

(Yes. I'm taking my ball and going home, but I guess you guys brought your own.)

Good luck and Godspeed, APMaddock. We will miss ya. Wish you did not feel the need to leave, but I respect your choice.

(Not a 'don't let the door hit ya' - AP is one of those guys who says what he means)

Last edited:
Back