◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Currently Recruiting for GT7 - JOIN TODAY!!Open 

• Thread starter zer05ive
  • 149,532 comments
Now there's a wise idea. Why didn't you come up with that a couple of days ago? ;)

Last edited:
I'll be late for practice but I should be there eventually. Also, I really hope this time change thing blows over. I understand the goal behind it, but I really don't see a half hour change increasing the attendance by that much. If it does, then I'll admit I was wrong, but I'll be willing to bet we'll be back to the old time soon.

Now there's a wise idea. Why didn't you come up with that a couple of days ago? ;)

I did mention or though I did, trimming some "fat" off the event. Might of suggested single races per combo.

C6 Vette '09 RM @ Fuji F

Just to save any hassles. This is the ZR1 car.

Z06 is an 2006

Anyone send me one please. All mine are modded with engine.

Last edited:
Yeah we need to make sure everyone is using the same car. We just had 3 of us using the Z06 and 2 using the ZR1 and the ZR1 was dominating.

but I have a solution that will allow those of us in that situation to still enjoy S.N.A.I.L. in all its glory (or at least most it). However, I'll have to explain that idea in a later post

That's the part that I'm waiting on....

hi i need to now when i can do a time trial so i can start racing on sundays

Where did you disappear to dude?

At the end of bob-spec 24 hour of Le Mans I caught a glimpse of my bobs driving. I must say that my bobs are so reckless that they would get kicked from a public room. They must have been watching me drive lol

Spirits lifted... Nothing like a little last minute chaos and a couple of hours behind the wheel to brighten your day!! Ok... all the Bob Ross aside, (Gonna paint me a bunny right next to turn 3...) Racing is what this is all about. Tonight's practice was a total gas. I just don't want to see the apple cart upside down in the sand or crushed into a wall. I, for one, truly enjoy (and look forward to) race nights and as lame as it sounds, following the soap opera that is SNAIL during the day really helps get me through some rough patches. I am, and always will be, flexible in regards to the needs of the league, but lets not get so carried away that we wreck something that is very unique. Just me rubbin' my Lincolns together...

C6 Vette '09 RM @ Fuji F

GT5AddictGT5,
Thanks for making an awesome Prize A selection. It drew rave reviews from everyone in practice tonight! 👍

Unfortunately, you won't be able to enjoy it with the rest of us on Sunday night.. I'm not really sure why you'd want to race with us anyways since you said you were done posting or reading this forum. :odd:

If you want to race with us that badly, Coach, you'll need to apologize for your immature rant. You'll need to apologize for creating a secondary gtplanet account (which is a violation of gtplanet rules). And most of all, you'll need to own up to the penalties and probation that you've acquired while racing as "Luv2Coach".

If you aren't willing to man up and do all that, then please leave like you said you would and stop wasting our time. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Yep. That's me.
The Rant: I felt like I was getting nitpicked for minor things. I felt attacked on several occasions. I felt as though when I was rear-ended or there was contact by another driver, it was always justified on their behalf. So I had finally had it when I got a warning for "following too close".

GT: I created this for a fresh start with no history and no mis-guided reputation. GT is who I am as a person and a racer. I meant every compliment I've said about this organization. I feel I have been able to show some people here, over the last two weeks who I truly am and what I can do as a competitive racer here. Over the last two weeks I felt like I was part of the community.

I did it to wipe the slate clean and start fresh. I am not the over-the-top aggressive driver some think I am and I have demonstrated that over the last two weeks; during the week and on Sundays. Tonight included.

I would prefer to continue forward and not discuss the past. Since coming back it has been an absolutely great experience. Discussions have been positive, encouraging, and with professionalism. I would prefer to keep it that way. The past will not accomplish anything positive or productive.

I was actually going to "let the cat out of the bag" but decided not to, due to the positive experience. I am truly sorry for the "disguise". I just don't think I could have shaken the negativity I was feeling before had I continued. The past two weeks have been great and as far as racing goes, it has never been more fun.

I don't know how to articulate this, but I feel like I have been able to be me the last two weeks. I didn't feel that way before; I guess because I always felt there was conflict. I don't know how else to explain it.

I ask for everyone's forgiveness. I am sorry. I still think this is a great community regardless if I am welcome to stay or not. I will still promote SNAIL whether I race here again or not.

I'm glad you all liked the combo. Believe it or not, I was thinking of all of you when I made the selection. I wanted something that required skill, yet not so much skill that only the Aliens could handle it. Enjoy.

GT5Addict (Bobby Valentine?)

I admit I am a bit conflicted on this, but only a bit. As 'apologies' go, that was more of an defense, an explanation, and rationalization. Even as a public apology, you avoided admitting any driving errors. You still let your accusations on previous complaintants and those who review the complaints lay where they were.

You said, essentially, the other guy gets the breaks, and you get blamed (wrongly) for incidents. Even this week, you filed reports against some drivers, and responded to other drivers, about quite similar incidents. In both cases, you placed all the blame on the other guy, but were 'willing to learn.'

I would like to believe your statements and reasoning. I, personally, cannot believe them at this time. You do not ever seem to think anything on the track is your fault, even partially. It is apparently inconceivable. That is not learning.

'Starting over' can be a good way to bring a new perspective or opportunity to the fore. Running from problems without changing any behavior or perspectives, hiding your identity to avoid punishment, are hardly the same things as starting anew. I appreciated your kind words about the many SNAIL members and community, and your increased restraint on the forums. They will serve you well someday.

Good luck, GT5Addict.

Last edited:
GT5AddictGT5
Yep. That's me.
The Rant: I felt like I was getting nitpicked for minor things. I felt attacked on several occasions. I felt as though when I was rear-ended or there was contact by another driver, it was always justified on their behalf. So I had finally had it when I got a warning for "following too close".

GT: I created this for a fresh start with no history and no mis-guided reputation. GT is who I am as a person and a racer. I meant every compliment I've said about this organization. I feel I have been able to show some people here, over the last two weeks who I truly am and what I can do as a competitive racer here. Over the last two weeks I felt like I was part of the community.

I did it to wipe the slate clean and start fresh. I am not the over-the-top aggressive driver some think I am and I have demonstrated that over the last two weeks; during the week and on Sundays. Tonight included.

I would prefer to continue forward and not discuss the past. Since coming back it has been an absolutely great experience. Discussions have been positive, encouraging, and with professionalism. I would prefer to keep it that way. The past will not accomplish anything positive or productive.

I was actually going to "let the cat out of the bag" but decided not to, due to the positive experience. I am truly sorry for the "disguise". I just don't think I could have shaken the negativity I was feeling before had I continued. The past two weeks have been great and as far as racing goes, it has never been more fun.

I don't know how to articulate this, but I feel like I have been able to be me the last two weeks. I didn't feel that way before; I guess because I always felt there was conflict. I don't know how else to explain it.

I ask for everyone's forgiveness. I am sorry. I still think this is a great community regardless if I am welcome to stay or not. I will still promote SNAIL whether I race here again or not.

I'm glad you all liked the combo. Believe it or not, I was thinking of all of you when I made the selection. I wanted something that required skill, yet not so much skill that only the Aliens could handle it. Enjoy.

Just be careful with all the league GT and you will be good. You cant always have a chance to rejoin the top floor. So just be smooth on your gaz to not avoid contact and all the guys will enjoy racing with you. Earn experience in this league is more than win. Have a nice day guys.

The Good Racecraft Guide has just been given an update. All paragraphs under the heading Overtaking & Being Overtaken have been reworked, especially the first two. This was done to bring them more in line with 'the golden rule of racing' i.e. putting the onus on the driver attempting the overtake, & to make them clearer & easier to understand.

The general principles have not changed, just the wording.

VBR
The Good Racecraft Guide has just been given an update. All paragraphs under the heading Overtaking & Being Overtaken have been reworked, especially the first two. This was done to bring them more in line with 'the golden rule of racing' i.e. putting the onus on the driver attempting the overtake, & to make them clearer & easier to understand.

Thanks VBR, I wish more people would take it to heart :sly:

VBR

Well done, VBR. Clear and appropriate. Great job, thanks!

Yep. That's me.

Even though I never reported it, I forgive you for dive bombing me at the Madrid/Reverse-Capp race.

I wasn't surprised when you were sanctioned because when I watched our replays, you were easily the most aggressive driver in D2 in the few weeks I had competed in Snail.

I can say that since you changed your name, I have had no issues with you so maybe the identity change has had a positive effect. I have only raced you one Sunday with your new identity though. As far as I am concerned, you are doing fine in your new life so far. I hope you keep it that way if they let you stay.

I am all for second chances if you are truly sorry and committed to change but I am not the one who was insulted so my opinion isn't important. I just happen to support the opinions of the stewards and the action they took and agree that a proper apology and a swallowing of pride would be a good start at repairing your reputation. It wasn't just the mean old cherry picking stewards at Snail that thought you had proper race craft issues.

Sneaking back in may have just infuriated the same people you offended. Good luck.

Attention Stewards, some technical difficulties getting the replays uploaded. Will keep you posted.

Sorry for the delay.

Yep. That's me.

As was said, wow, just 🤬 wow.

It may have been a fresh start in your mind, but from the outset, GT5AddictGT5, was identified as an aggressive driver, that needs to tone down their behaviour. You raced in my lounge last Sunday in my 'fun' practice session, where your aggressive driving characteristics were very evident and not enjoyed. And after this past Sunday, GT5AddictGT5 was very much talked about for driving behaviour.

In short, spots changed, same leopard.

"First Corner Chaos" was very evident in last night's practice. Haven't watched the replays yet, but am fairly sure I didn't get thru the mayhem without violating sound driving rules. Everyone will need extra patience and not get in such a hurry to Win the Race at Turn One. Might even prove beneficial to just wait for it all to clear ..... then concentrate on passing the other cars one at a time. Much more challenging that way.
IMHO

Back