2015 TUDOR United Sportscar Championship

• Thread starter MonGnoM
  • 3,449 comments
http://www.foxsports.com/motor/stor...=10153375924306052&adbpl=fb&adbpr=36796456051

Serious but stable condition, have a read, this is outright appalling by IMSA,

That's just insane...how were any of the workers allowed to be out on track?! The #58 was (while in a terrible spot) not in any serious danger. What possessed them to walk out on track, let alone drive their stupid truck out on track?! They nearly got this guy killed! :scared:

Looking at the video, there wasn't anyone standing there at the exact spot when the Aston Hit the truck.

Also, I would love for anyone to explain to me why the 23 AJR Porsche in the same shot manages to slow down but not the other cars that were in this wreck. Were none of those drivers informed that the sky opened back up? Again, I find it hard to blame IMSA when that same truck and stranded car was there for a while and again, at a spot where those teams can see it. And this is long after the Checkered flag has come out, a time were everyone should slow down (especially with the way the unpredictable weather was going)

That's just insane...how were any of the workers allowed to be out on track?! The #58 was (while in a terrible spot) not in any serious danger. What possessed them to walk out on track, let alone drive their stupid truck out on track?! They nearly got this guy killed! :scared:

Its disgusting, if it were say Cota in one of the fields they call run off areas I could understand marshals being allowed out to the car under isolated yellows, but this is a street circuit, I'm fed up with the yellow fest championship as much as anyone else but that was an awful decision just to make the race finish under green,

Its disgusting, if it were say Cota in one of the fields they call run off areas I could understand marshals being allowed out to the car under isolated yellows, but this is a street circuit, I'm fed up with the yellow fest championship as much as anyone else but that was an awful decision just to make the race finish under green,

The GTD Leader went by and slowed down, why didn't the cars involved do the same?

Agreed. When a flag NEEDS TO BE THROWN, throw the dang flag!

Looking at the video, there wasn't anyone standing there at the exact spot when the Aston Hit the truck. Also, I would love for anyone to explain to me why the 23 AJR Porsche in the same shot manages to slow down but not the other cars that were in this wreck. Were none of those drivers informed that the sky opened back up? Again, I find it hard to blame IMSA when that same truck and stranded car was there for a while and again, at a spot where those teams can see it. And this is long after the Checkered flag has come out, a time were everyone should slow down (especially with the way the unpredictable weather was going)
The only one I can explain is the #007 which seemed to be crashing already. And maybe the #23 accidentally hit the other Porsche?

Edit:I HATE tablets...

Last edited:
The GTD Leader went by and slowed down, why didn't the cars involved do the same?

The fact you're this was the situation for several laps is disgusting, I've not seen the race yet, so I am not aware of the build up to the situation,

Perhaps the flag marshal put the flag away when the checkered flew, there no rules saying how fast a cool down lap must be completed,

The fact you're this was the situation for several laps is disgusting, I've not seen the race yet, so I am not aware of the build up to the situation,

Perhaps the flag marshal put the flag away when the checkered flew, there no rules saying how fast a cool down lap must be completed,

That Local Yellow was there for while. I know its a street circuit but that truck was in a position where a catastrophic disaster would have to happen and unfortunately, the rain made that happen. I guarantee if it was dry, this would not have happened. By it being there for a while, those teams should've been well aware of that (they have the TV feed) so when that sudden downpour happened, they should've had their drivers slow down.

That Local Yellow was there for while. I know its a street circuit but that truck was in a position where a catastrophic disaster would have to happen and unfortunately, the rain made that happen. I guarantee if it was dry, this would not have happened. By it being there for a while, those teams should've been well aware of that (they have the TV feed) so when that sudden downpour happened, they should've had their drivers slow down.

Nothings a guarantee mate, weird things occasionally happen, just seems across the board of all motorsports that lives seem to be bordering on the edge of expendable over preserved, and when a persons life who is there to ensure the health and safety of the ones risking it all gets brought into play then something needs a deep revision

Wait a damn minute, look at 1:22:16

That Aston Was by itself as they were coming to the checkered flag. So it was by itself when that accident happened, which once again makes me question why the hell was he going so fast? He wasn't even battling for Position.

That Aston Was by itself as they were coming to the checkered flag. So it was by itself when that accident happened, which once again makes me question why the hell was he going so fast? He wasn't even battling for Position.

Does IMSA do post race time penalties?

That brief onboard crash was the winning 23 bouncing off of the wall and just missing the truck. 007 was 5 sec back and crashed hard at the kink losing a wheel.The 48 Audi managed to slow down but the 22 and 73 never lifted and were racing to the line.

Poor flagging and race control will have that effect.

That brief onboard crash was the winning 23 bouncing off of the wall and just missing the truck. 007 was 5 sec back and crashed hard at the kink losing a wheel.The 48 Audi managed to slow down but the 22 and 73 never lifted and were racing to the line.

Poor flagging and race control will have that effect.

Even though that Local Yellow flag was there for the final three minutes of the race? Even though their teams could look right over there and see it?

And speaking of which, the race is being re-aired right now.

"Christina, do you want the rain, or do you want it to stay wet?"

Um... :lol:
LolWUT-1-2.jpg

Okay. Let me try to set this up and see if I understand. So that one Porsche crossed the finish line for the win in class. That Porsche later has some sort of crash in the cool down period. Later on, I'm assuming the safety truck got out onto the track to help out that Porsche. Then all of a sudden, that blue #007 Aston Martin slides into the wall and eventually hits the back of the safety truck in brutal fashion.

It seems to me more like the driver unassumingly thought the coast was clear and decided to help out the Porsche; but then the Aston Martin that crossed the line somehow lost control, slid out, and hit the back of that safety truck. To me, this is as unfortunate as when Juan Pablo Montoya (then in NASCAR) crashed into that jet dryer at the 2012 Daytona 500. At least... this is my assessment of the matter. It wasn't like the Aston Martin magically came out of nowhere out of control.

The most important thing in all of this is the health and well-being to those who got injured in this accident. I certainly wish everyone well.

We probably won't have to worry about any questionable crew or anything once the Six Hours of Watkins Glen takes place in the nest round of the 2015 TUSC championship. You know, a race on a proper race track. I basically made this post just to update my thoughts on the bizarre incidents after the race. Congratulations to all the winners in the various classes that raced in Detroit.

Okay. Let me try to set this up and see if I understand. So that one Porsche crossed the finish line for the win in class. That Porsche later has some sort of crash in the cool down period. Later on, I'm assuming the safety truck got out onto the track to help out that Porsche. Then all of a sudden, that blue #007 Aston Martin slides into the wall and eventually hits the back of the safety truck in brutal fashion.

It seems to me more like the driver unassumingly thought the coast was clear and decided to help out the Porsche; but then the Aston Martin that crossed the line somehow lost control, slid out, and hit the back of that safety truck. To me, this is as unfortunate as when Juan Pablo Montoya (then in NASCAR) crashed into that jet dryer at the 2012 Daytona 500. At least... this is my assessment of the matter. It wasn't like the Aston Martin magically came out of nowhere out of control.

The most important thing in all of this is the health and well-being to those who got injured in this accident. I certainly wish everyone well.

We probably won't have to worry about any questionable crew or anything once the Six Hours of Watkins Glen takes place in the nest round of the 2015 TUSC championship. You know, a race on a proper race track. I basically made this post just to update my thoughts on the bizarre incidents after the race. Congratulations to all the winners in the various classes that raced in Detroit.
#58 was stopped on the outside of T1. GTD class winner crossed the line, made it through T1, kept going. Second place Aston (#007) loses control, slams the safety truck. The #22 Porsche then loses control and slides into the Aston. Another Porsche loses control after that, and that's all that happened.

It seems to me more like the driver unassumingly thought the coast was clear and decided to help out the Porsche; but then the Aston Martin that crossed the line somehow lost control, slid out, and hit the back of that safety truck.

Pretty much how it looks like it played out (although it was the stranded 58 the truck was getting and not the 23 that won). The other two Porches were racing to the line and didn't slow down, despite there being a Local Yellow that's been there two minutes earlier.

#58 was stopped on the outside of T1. GTD class winner crossed the line, made it through T1, kept going. Second place Aston (#007) loses control, slams the safety truck. The #22 Porsche then loses control and slides into the Aston. Another Porsche loses control after that, and that's all that happened.
Watch the replay again at 1:22.22 The 23 car crashed into the wall drivers left right after crossing the line.You can see the car number from the in car camera on the A-pillar.

Watch the replay again at 1:22.22 The 23 car crashed into the wall drivers left right after crossing the line.You can see the car number from the in car camera on the A-pillar.

I finally got around to watching it and was about ask that very question. Just an unfortunate set of circumstances that could have gone tragic instantly, I guess I was being harsh towards IMSA,

I watched it again, and yes, I saw that. But, it seems as if he kept going, because the #23 wasn't in all the wreckage. I don't know what he hit, but he definitely kept going.

I watched it again, and yes, I saw that. But, it seems as if he kept going, because the #23 wasn't in all the wreckage. I don't know what he hit, but he definitely kept going.

He hit the wall due to sliding on the straight which was far more wet by the time he got there.

Back