2015 TUDOR United Sportscar Championship

• Thread starter MonGnoM
  • 3,449 comments
Michael Shank said today on a periscope chat that he and several of his team members are going to Le Mans to scout out what they will need to run the 24hr race next year. He might be taking his checkbook along too because he also said he plans to add a 2nd car next year for IMSA.

Michael Shank said today on a periscope chat that he and several of his team members are going to Le Mans to scout out what they will need to run the 24hr race next year. He might be taking his checkbook along too because he also said he plans to add a 2nd car next year for IMSA.

That's gonna be interesting I imagine due to the incoming cap on P2 cars.

Shank will have my support in LM24 next year! :D

I just think that if ESM can do Le Mans MSR can. Because they have a car eligible for Le Mans they are perfectly entitled to enter.

My only issue is the LMP2 field could be too top heavy with the Ligier JS P2 cars. Four teams will be fielding the JS P2 this year (G-Drive, Krohn, ESM and OAK). The only other chassis that make up the bulk of the field is the Gibson 015S and Oreca's 03R and 05 cars. I would like a little more variety in the chassis types.

I just think that if ESM can do Le Mans MSR can. Because they have a car eligible for Le Mans they are perfectly entitled to enter.

My only issue is the LMP2 field could be too top heavy with the Ligier JS P2 cars. Four teams will be fielding the JS P2 this year (G-Drive, Krohn, ESM and OAK). The only other chassis that make up the bulk of the field is the Gibson 015S and Oreca's 03R and 05 cars. I would like a little more variety in the chassis types.

I thought ESM reverted back to the HPD chassis?

And the Ligier seems to be the chassis to have now days, I also like variety in chassis, but its not worth it to the teams if the other chassis aren't quite the total package,

I thought ESM reverted back to the HPD chassis?

And the Ligier seems to be the chassis to have now days, I also like variety in chassis, but its not worth it to the teams if the other chassis aren't quite the total package,
HPD burned that bridge when they delivered a car worse than the previous model. If HPD somehow make the final 4 cut and they give Sharp and Ed Brown $2 million to run it then maybe they switch back.

HPD burned that bridge when they delivered a car worse than the previous model. If HPD somehow make the final 4 cut and they give Sharp and Ed Brown $2 million to run it then maybe they switch back.

Yeah, I meant "didnt they revert back to their old HPD chassis?" Which they ran at Sebring?

Yeah they went back to the 03 for Sebring and WEC Silverstone while waiting for the new Ligier's to be built.
They deserve an award of some kind. They went through 3 chassis' in a short amount of time and still managed to be consistently competitive.

Given that the constructors "Have to be independent of major Manufacterers", I'm not holding my breath for that to happen. Their very name tells you they aren't gonna make it.

Given that the constructors "Have to be independent of major Manufacterers", I'm not holding my breath for that to happen. Their very name tells you they aren't gonna make it.
Maybe they can call it a Wirth to get around that. Having the failed 04x and the Honda Indy aero kits on your recent list of achievements does not exactly inspire confidence in potential customers.

Maybe they can call it a Wirth to get around that. Having the failed 04x and the Honda Indy aero kits on your recent list of achievements does not exactly inspire confidence in potential customers.

And then there is their, well, line up even before that (none of which helps since all of it either had a Honda badge or an Acura badge).

BOP adjustments for Watkins Glen

http://sportscar365.com/imsa/tusc/imsa-issues-class-wide-bop-adjustments-pre-watkins-glen/

Two adjustments have been issued in the Prototype class. The Riley-Ford has been given a 0.3 mm air restrictor increase, to 33.5 mm. Additionally, the DeltaWing DWC13 coupe has had its refueling restrictor increased by 5 mm to 29.0 mm.

The Prototype Challenge Oreca FLM09 has been given a 5 mm fuel tank capacity increase to 85 liters, which will increase fuel stints for the second prototype category.

Corvette is the lone GT Le Mans car that has been given an adjustment. The Corvette C7.R has been given a 10 kg minimum weight break, down to 1,220 kg, and also a 0.3 mm air restrictor increase, to 30.1 mm.

In GT Daytona, the BMW Z4 GT3 and Ferrari 458 Italia GTE have been given 20 and 25 kg minimum weight breaks, respectively, to 1,240 and 1,295 kgs.

Additionally, the Ferrari has also been given a 100 max rpm boost to 8,400.

News from Le Mans suggests we won't see 2016 spec GTE cars running in TUSC next year? So Fords are going to WEC?

Perhaps he got started a little early on the "Good Time Stuff"

How much news is this to people?

Aquila.png

From what I can gather, Aquila really were quite keen on a DP entry. If only, eh.

There are a few BoP changes for the Glen. http://www.imsa.com/sites/default/files/uploads/IMSA TECHNICAL BULLETIN TUSC #15-20 P, PC, GTLM & GTD Class AoP_01_0.pdf

Also Speedsource had a shakedown test at Palm Beach two weeks ago and will test again tomorrow and Thursday at Palm Beach. They will also test before Mosport and Road America rounds. The testing list. http://www.imsa.com/sites/default/files/uploads/TudorTesting201530.pdf

I havent found any technical memos yet regarding the Mazda engine swap yet.

In Conti there are a couple of changes too. The GS BMW gets -50kg and +2mm restrictor and the CorvetteAmaro gets a +.5mm ride height increase and -5mm restrictor change. No changes in ST.

For this post, I've decided to showcase the remaining schedule for the TUDOR Unied SportsCar Racing championship for 2015. Here is what's left on the schedule:

* JUN 26-28: Watkins Glen (6 Hours at the Glen)
* JUL 10-12: Mosport ("Canadian Tire Motorsports Park" these days)
* JUL 24-25: Lime Rock Park
* AUG 7-9: Road America
* AUG 21-23: Virginia International Raceway
* SEP: 17-19: Circuit of the Americas
* OCT 1-3: Road Atlanta (Petit Le Mans)

So if you're planning on maybe getting tickets to these events or planning to be at the races, there's your schedule.

I certainly look forward to the remaining major races as well as the USCR's run around COTA here in Texas. The Six Hours at the Glen is surely a big deal. Maybe not Daytona, Sebring, or Petit Le Mans big deal; but it is certainly a great race. I hope I'll be able to check out the action from upstate New York when this race comes around.

As it is part of the North American Endurance Championship, It is abit of a big deal so expect abit of a boost to the grid.

Back