2024 Repco Supercars ChampionshipTouring Cars 

• Thread starter Spacegoat
  • 296 comments
Good to see the Grove's (and a couple of others) willing to take a punt. It added some interest into what could've been a fairly boring race... and I liked the 'watch this space' comment in regards to todays race too.

And what's with this Ford or GM track business? It seems like the Ford teams have a handle on the Soft tyre and the GM teams go well on the Super Soft tyre. At least the championship is hotting up a bit with Chaz now pretty well in the mix.

Edit: Almost forgot, while watching the Goodwood Festival of Speed I spotted this guy below... anyone else see a resemblance to an ex driver/part team owner?

zzz.png

I thought the name was... errr... ummm... interesting :sly:;)

Last edited:
Payne is going to be a freak in one or two more years. Not sure anyone had the right to make a one stopper almost work. Incredible performance from him. And a few more races like this, and Mostert might be able to put himself into championship contention. Think he's only like 30 odd points behind Feeney for 2nd place now?

Nah, Mobil works better in White
Change the Mobil logo back to white and keep the cars in black. A win-win.

Last edited:
Nah, Mobil works better in White
Change the Mobil logo back to white and keep the cars in black. A win-win.
Success.

2024SCWAU_MOBILPEGASUS1_DK_RACE_PROJECT_0182-Edit-2048x1363.jpg

Also and Kai Allen confirmed to be replacing Stanaway at Grove next year. Wonder why DJR let him walk. What's their long term plan now? I mean, Will Davison can't keep racing forever.

Also and Kai Allen confirmed to be replacing Stanaway at Grove next year. Wonder why DJR let him walk. What's their long term plan now? I mean, Will Davison can't keep racing forever.

It's an odd one to let him go, unless the Kosteki to DJR rumour is close to the mark.

Edit: Glad to see WAU are keeping the black 👍

Last edited:
Seems like Brodie's either going to DJR or Nulon. The roadblock for Nulon to having Brodie is not wanting his engineer which i believe if your signing Brodie your signing George. Championship winning combo.

Kinda Supercars related, but the digital sign outside of The Bend currently says “welcome iRacing”. Awesome to have another one if our tracks represented in the game, hopefully the Gen 3 cars will arrive soon too (and hopefully they bring some participation to the dead series in iRacing).

Kinda Supercars related, but the digital sign outside of The Bend currently says “welcome iRacing”. Awesome to have another one if our tracks represented in the game, hopefully the Gen 3 cars will arrive soon too (and hopefully they bring some participation to the dead series in iRacing).
Hopefully, with Nascar having their console game now been done by iRacing, i hope we get a licensed game done by them as well. we've never had a fully licensed game since TOCA driver, which didn't have the full roster of cars and tracks. I really wish this will finally happen, a great way to bring in new fans.

Last edited:
Hopefully, with Nascar having their console game now been done by iRacing, i hope we get a licensed game done by them as well. we've never had a fully licensed game since TOCA driver, which didn't have the full roster of cars and tracks. I really wish this will finally happen, a great way to bring in new fans.
I thought the 3rd game had it all. (Even a bonus set of Championships on other circuits). The 2nd and 1st (minus HRT) I believe had all the full season entries but tracks were limited due to the games 10, and 7 max limit rule respectively.

Wouldn't entirely call it a win-win myself as I much prefer the White overall for Mobil (though I am having a lot of tinted glasses cause the Mobil 1 NSX GT500)

I thought the 3rd game had it all. (Even a bonus set of Championships on other circuits). The 2nd and 1st (minus HRT) I believe had all the full season entries but tracks were limited due to the games 10, and 7 max limit rule respectively.
They would have to scan a quite a few more tracks to make it worth while, with only 5 Australian tracks scanned (6 if you include The Bend), one which doesn’t exist anymore and Phillip Island which doesn’t even see any Supercars action. I can’t see them ever scanning any of the street circuits. A man can dream though!

Edit: Spoke too soon. The dev dream is visiting Adelaide in November!

As well as that, the Gen 3 cars are in the way, just missed the Season 4 2024 release window.

Last edited:
Seriously? Waters and Randle set their best times in the last sector (to that stage) with Aaron Love sideways on the track with waved yellows... and Feeney set the fastest of anyone (to that stage) just after that with Love still sideways and waved yellows still showing.

Those guys (and quite a few others that didn't slow down **** all) need to be seriously penalized... and a clip behind the ear to boot.

Feeney passing the stricken car after Waters and Randle had just gone through.
20240817_111926.jpg

And Feeney to the top... UNDER CAUTION :irked::mad:
20240817_111949.jpg

Edit: And yes, I did think of the clip behind the ear affecting Feeney the most, but he does deserve the harshest penalty IMHO :sly:

Last edited:
It was weird how Nick Percat's strategy went totally unnoticed on the broadcast. When I saw that he'd jumped Feeney and Waters I was like, wait what? How did that happen? Why hasn't there been a reaction from the commentary team? I was legit struggling to believe that such an important moment had been missed. An explanation was eventually given but come on, why didn't we receive the information sooner? It's one of the strangest slip ups I've ever bared witness to in a Supercar broadcast. I guess no one expected Nick Percat and his pit crew to be a problem. However it wasn't like he'd come from outside the top 15, he was a contender having qualified 4th. What a massive fail.

Last edited:
ADP to team 18? What the hell
I think there was this dream vision between both parties of a promising driver going to a top team like DJR would fill the void left behind by Scott Mclaughlin.

Problem is DJR was hard carried by Penske who was really in it at that point for Scott Mclaughlin. So when both left, they relied on the ol Penske mechinary to drift and now they are back on their own and lacking results. The pairing was not meeting expectations from both

Last edited:
Obviously I haven't followed the series, but did read about Frosty and Dutton. No Frosty leaving his team. Is he going to DJR for Davison reunion?
I thought he should retire after COVID.

So... next year... Brodie Kostecki to DJR then? And Frosty to partner WD in the enduros?

Sounds like a plan. Get on DJR!
Wonder where this leaves PremiAir then. Speculation was most of the year was that they wanted to swap Slade for Brodie. Doesn't leave them with many (or any) options now if the DJR talk is true.

Shame Frosty's solo career has ended this way and not on his own terms.

Wonder where this leaves PremiAir then.
Russell Ingall hasn't made a comeback for a while :dopey:;)

Todd Hazelwood maybe? Either that or a youngin I suppose. Slade should be retired to co-driver land for sure.
Speculation was most of the year was that they wanted to swap Slade for Brodie. Doesn't leave them with many (or any) options now if the DJR talk is true.
Sleuth seems pretty sure PremiAir are out of the race.

Shame Frosty's solo career has ended this way and not on his own terms.
For sure. He was a great ambassador for the sport. He'll hopefully land a plum co-drive at least.

Russell Ingall hasn't made a comeback for a while :dopey:;)
Don't give him any ideas! :lol:
Todd Hazelwood maybe? Either that or a youngin I suppose. Slade should be retired to co-driver land for sure.
Maybe this is Zak Best's chance? Altho, last I heard of him he was testing a Porsche? So he might be going down a different route.

Also, I got around to reading the announcement from Team 18. What is Charlie on about.
Anton's a clear standout in the next generation of drivers coming through the sport.

ADP is, what, in his sixth or seventh season in the main game. Not sure that makes him part of the "next generation". Did they get ChatGPT to write this?

Last edited:
Seems like wherever Brodie ends up, his engineer George will go with him too. It's a championship winning combo. I reckon DJR could have the potential to turn it around. Maybe a new engineering philosophy that George will bring might give them the leg up to come back to the front.

Sleuth seems pretty sure PremiAir are out of the race.
Well, yep. They definitely were.

How he hasn't got a Supercars drive is one of the mysteries of life, not even a co-drive :boggled:. He must've taken a huge dump in someone's Cornflakes.
Such a waste of potential. Seemed like he was going to be the next big thing at one stage.

Last edited:
Did anyone see the announcement at Norwell. It was odd to me, seems like Erebus are trying their absolute best to get good PR out of anything. Even with their champion driver clearly leaving them because of how he was treated there. But great to see Brodie out of there. I'll be interested to see if George goes with him.

Seems like wherever Brodie ends up, his engineer George will go with him too. It's a championship winning combo. I reckon DJR could have the potential to turn it around. Maybe a new engineering philosophy that George will bring might give them the leg up to come back to the front.
It's seeming more and more likely in a 'where there's smoke... ' kind of way.

Did anyone see the announcement at Norwell. It was odd to me, seems like Erebus are trying their absolute best to get good PR out of anything. Even with their champion driver clearly leaving them because of how he was treated there. But great to see Brodie out of there. I'll be interested to see if George goes with him.
I watched bits of it on FB and tend to agree.

It really does make sense for both teams to get it out the way now rather than later since the Frosty/ADP news had already started the ball rolling. At least it's been done openly and professionally. I think it's the best outcome for all concerned really, so now they can all just focus on the rest of the season.

Latest Posts

Back