2024 Repco Supercars ChampionshipTouring Cars 

• Thread starter Spacegoat
  • 258 comments
I believe that was proposed as a way to build rivalry. The series pretty much shot that down, after FPR and T8 battles with Frosty & Davison versus Whincup & Whincup. Chaz was battling too, but that was nearly teammate versus teammate. No real rivalries when teams at the back are trying to run with teams up the front.

It was such good fun when we had the years of what, seven to eight drivers per year, taking a win during COTF.

Bring it back? When it's only a penalty half the time it never left!

(Edit: I probably should mention that the half the time comment wasn't regarding a particular brand as drivers from both sides are guilty of it... well, half the time anyway.)

Last edited:
When did we start getting F1 style launch dates for livery reveals? Because I like it.

Walkinshaw going first today. Hopefully this year’s livery will be better than last year, I thought last year’s livery for the first year of representing ford was a bit disappointing.

Walkinshaw going first today. Hopefully this year’s livery will be better than last year, I thought last year’s livery for the first year of representing ford was a bit disappointing.
Thought Percat's livery was decent but yeah, both were a bit underwhelming compared to previous year.

Wasn’t ready for this. Hazelwood tipped to replace him.
Holy crap. Something crazy must have gone down between him and Erebus. Insane that the reigning champion might sit out the season.

Last edited:
2nd time Erebus doing a hard reset on drivers, I'm quite curious what thisll lead too or the reason. Normally Erebus drivers leaves for what is considered a more successful team but since Erebus are the defending champs this time, what is the cause this time?

Obviously not too dissimilar from last year's liveries but the white, black and orange on Wood's car really works for me. Looks much better than Mostert's.

2024RSC_WAU_DK_RACEPROJECT_IMG1105-Enhanced-NR-Edit_RT-1024x682.jpg

2024RSC_WAU_DK_RACEPROJECT_IMG0988-Enhanced-NR-Edit_RT-1024x683.jpg

... what is the cause this time?
Barry Ryan.... it's always Barry Ryan.

Edit (Not directed at you @Com Fox :)): The rumours of tanking at The Bend by GM badged cars to keep their advantage for Bathurst will certainly intensify if this turns out to be true. Brodie going out and smoking the field with no other GM badged car anywhere to be seen was all a bit suspect as it was.

''Motorsport.com understands that there have been tensions within the Erebus team for some time, with Kostecki reportedly having a major fall-out with the squad on the eve of the Tailem Bend round in August of last year.''

Last edited:
There aren't many(I think only two) Mobil petrol stations near me. Surely Mobil has the money to fully sponsor both cars. Just wish the (HRT)WAU cars would pick major or minor decals.
Maybe "Mobil 1" on the windscreen banner.

Edit (Not directed at you @Com Fox :)): The rumours of tanking at The Bend by GM badged cars to keep their advantage for Bathurst will certainly intensify if this turns out to be true. Brodie going out and smoking the field with no other GM badged car anywhere to be seen was all a bit suspect as it was.

''Motorsport.com understands that there have been tensions within the Erebus team for some time, with Kostecki reportedly having a major fall-out with the squad on the eve of the Tailem Bend round in August of last year.''

If true, this could be a real stink if that’s the case for the series. Because if my memory is right, it was Brodie that won all 3 races and the fords filled the rest of the podium. And it was seen as weekend to forget for guys like Shane and Broc who were fighting for the championship. And I guess Brodie went stuff this I want to win races. Which is what he’s paid to do. I reckon there’s more to it. But still very sad that we’ve now lost our two previous champions in the same year.

If true, this could be a real stink if that’s the case for the series. Because if my memory is right, it was Brodie that won all 3 races and the fords filled the rest of the podium. And it was seen as weekend to forget for guys like Shane and Broc who were fighting for the championship. And I guess Brodie went stuff this I want to win races. Which is what he’s paid to do. I reckon there’s more to it. But still very sad that we’ve now lost our two previous champions in the same year.
You're memory is correct. 👍

SVG was always going to be going so I don't really have too much disappointment about that. My feelings in that case are similar to when Scotty left. I just wish them all the best and kudos to both of them for having a crack rather than taking the easy/safe way and staying here.

I really hope it's not the end of the season for Brodie though.

Wasn't just a podium but 4th as well. It was a Ford Sandwhich between Kostecki and SVG who kept running 5th.

If it was a bunch of sandbagging drama with Kostecki just not playing along, which for starters kudos for him for not playing along but it does leave a stain on the series. I'm not entirely against sandbagging in a series but thats for either a race strategy (like SVG did in Newcastle) or for benefits in a Ballast System, I am against sandbagging when its used for politics especially for "parity".

Last edited:
Does he have some kind of financial stake in the team? Have to wonder why Betty chooses to keep him around otherwise. Doubt many (if any) other teams would have put up with him for so long.

Wasn't just a podium but 4th as well. It was a Ford Sandwhich between Kostecki and SVG who kept running 5th.

If it was a bunch of sandbagging drama with Kostecki just not playing along, which for starters kudos for him for not playing along but it does leave a stain on the series. I'm not entirely against sandbagging in a series but thats for either a race strategy (like SVG did in Newcastle) or for benefits in a Ballast System, I am against sandbagging when its used for politics especially for "parity".
Yeah exactly. If GM said to have asked the teams to sandbag for the sake of not having the changes done for Bathurst instead of the Gold Coast, then there’s gonna be a big stink up in the paddock. I believe there’s going to be a lot said about this. Unfortunately more politics than talking about racing again.

Does he have some kind of financial stake in the team? Have to wonder why Betty chooses to keep him around otherwise. Doubt many (if any) other teams would have put up with him for so long.
Pretty sure he's a part owner. I'll have a bit of a look around and report back.

He is very good at getting things done though, he just grates on people while he does it.

Edit: Best I can tell he's 50% owner of one TRC, which was an REC at the time of purchase.

And then....

“It wasn’t calling rank. She’s the boss at the end of the day, so she owns Erebus Motorsport. I’m a part owner in a TRC," he said.

“She owns Erebus Motorsport, I run the place, but she can call rank anytime she wants on what she wants to do.

Last edited:
“She owns Erebus Motorsport, I run the place, but she can call rank anytime she wants on what she wants to do.
You'd have to wonder why she doesn't pull rank then. How many drivers have they gone thru now over the past 4-5 years? I'd assume staff member turnover is probably even more.

Oh dear. Supercars is in crisis now. Tanking? Fake racing? Big names pulling out? Neglect of Winton and QR? Cancelling Newcastle? Inter-team disputes? Parity issues? This is bad. Time to switch over to GT3 and hand over management to SRO. I'm done with this ****.

Last edited:

The whole statement from the team is weird. You say he’s a valued member of the team, but yet he won’t drive your car. I reckon just give it up. He’s not gonna drive for you. What a s*it time it has been for the sport. I genuinely question why I still watch it.

Oh dear. Supercars is in crisis now. Tanking? Fake racing? Big names pulling out? Neglect of Winton and QR? Cancelling Newcastle? Inter-team disputes? Parity issues? This is bad. Time to switch over to GT3 and hand over management to SRO. I'm done with this ****.
GT3 will end up putting the series on life support than actually help out, look at how DTM had no other choice but to put in GT3 and now its almost completely forgotten about struggling to be relevant because the moment your series is GT3, youre just a weaker version of the GT World Challenge series that all blend in with each other as well.

Unsure of Winton but QR neglect was more on QR refusing to resurface the track upon request.

Last edited:

The whole statement from the team is weird. You say he’s a valued member of the team, but yet he won’t drive your car. I reckon just give it up. He’s not gonna drive for you. What a s*it time it has been for the sport. I genuinely question why I still watch it.
The comment from Shane Howard is peculiar. Makes it sound like Brodie is going through some personal issues. This is such a bizarre situation.

The comment from Shane Howard is peculiar. Makes it sound like Brodie is going through some personal issues. This is such a bizarre situation.
Yeah now actually reading Howard’s comments, it makes you think is it something to do with Brodie. This is only a wild speculation but maybe legal issues or an undisclosed illness. It’s a whole mess and really something the sport didn’t need.

This whole Brodie incident is far too similar to the Barry Ryan induced Dave Reynolds sudden departure one year into a ten year contract to be anything else other than another fallout with Barry Ryan IMHO. There was also a mass exodus back then with Alistair McVean and Mirko De Rosa also leaving.

From SpeedCafe:

''The potential exit is widely known to be the result of a rift between Kostecki and at least factions of the Barry Ryan-run team.''

Just as it was with DR.

Going by the article the sticking point is whether BK can get out of his contract or not. Erebus might not be too happy with losing the number 1 plate so it may not be as simple as it has been for others to leave.

''Kostecki himself is yet to make any public comment on his future, with negotiations over his contract, which runs until the end off this season, thought to be underway.''

''Personal issues'' has been used successfully in the past to get out of an Erebus contract though, so there is that ;)

Edit: Peter Adderton (yeah, yeah, I know :dopey:) seems to pointing in that direction too with his less than subtle recent posts.

111.png

Last edited:
Back