2024 Repco Supercars ChampionshipTouring Cars 

• Thread starter Spacegoat
  • 440 comments
Release Skippy!
Pirates Of The Caribbean GIF by Sea of Thieves

Its been a quiet but I don't mind it, its a nice contrast that will make a heavier Bathurst hit louder and is a really good moment for Brodie Kostecki in general to see a great drive after what happened at the start of the year and couldnt properly defend his title

EDIT: I don't think Barry Ryan is daring to dream, seeing the guy he scared off the team winning for the team in his last season for them. That sounds like a life choice regret from Ryan :lol:

Last edited:
Happy for Kostecki. Extremely happy for Hazelwood. Barry Ryan can go and suck eggs though.
Hope the fact the team he partially owns won Bathurst cause the guy you had beef with to the point he doesnt want to be there anymore lives rent free in his head. Barry could've still had that talent if he didn't **** it up.

Last edited:
Well that was pretty uneventful. I really think they need to look at allowing more entrants for future years (i.e. maybe a certain number of privateer and/or Super 2 entries).

Parity is killing the series, so a bit of pace differential might spice things up a bit.

I feel like we've also missed out on rain the last few years??

Well that was pretty uneventful. I really think they need to look at allowing more entrants for future years (i.e. maybe a certain number of privateer and/or Super 2 entries).

Parity is killing the series, so a bit of pace differential might spice things up a bit.

I feel like we've also missed out on rain the last few years??
I think theyve always allowed more entries, they tried making the Super2 round at Bathurst one time a non Championship round to encourage Super2 entries but it backfired as none of them wanted to do it and just caused the Super2 field to be weak.

I would rather not have more #118 on the tracks, we were lucky Cameron Waters got away from that sudden slow down park.

ey tried making the Super2 round at Bathurst one time a non Championship round to encourage Super2 entries but it backfired as none of them wanted to do it and just caused the Super2 field to be weak.

I would rather not have more #118 on the tracks, we were lucky Cameron Waters go
Why not? Speed differential and/or multi-class racing is a key component of endurance racing. Bathurst has been a snooze fest ever since it was effectively reduced to the active V8 Supercars field.

When a single brake lockup (e.g. Cam Waters in the first stint) effectively puts you out of contention in a 6 hour race, something is wrong.

Why not? Speed differential and/or multi-class racing is a key component of endurance racing. Bathurst has been a snooze fest ever since it was effectively reduced to the active V8 Supercars field.

When a single brake lockup (e.g. Cam Waters in the first stint) effectively puts you out of contention in a 6 hour race, something is wrong.
Multi class is not the same as general difference in pace. As the different classes have a specific defined pace and aren't trying to fight frontrunners of another class to avoid being overlapped as it doesnt matter. Especially on a track with large straights. Slower class racers aren't a safety hazard like slower amatuer pace drivers are.

I don't think its wrong, some mistakes are more costly than others, it all depends on the race itself, its a big gamble from start to end. If anything a mistake costing you because everyone else in front didnt make nearly as bad a mistake means it actually went right.

It really isn't a big deal as you claim, my only problem is the new rule of forcing main drivers to start mean strategies got really linear as strategies the rely on the co drivers ability just aren't viable anymore. At the end of the day, it was a clean race and I don't think thats a bad thing that a clean race happened and run cause Kostecki was the better driver with the better car that day. Quieter races make the Louder ones even more Louder.

Last edited:
Because the Super 2/ Gen 2 cars are way faster and have a ton more aero?
In saying that they could be BoPd down if they really want to. CotF and Blueprint cars didn't have much issues when they were together in Super2 for 1 Season

In saying that they could be BoPd down if they really want to. CotF and Blueprint cars didn't have much issues when they were together in Super2 for 1 Season
Weren't they split into Super 2 and Super 3 though? They raced Gen 2 against COTF but it was never really even.

Last edited:
Weren't they split into Super 2 and Super 3 though? They raced Gen 2 against COTF but it was never really even.
No, Super2 and Super3 coming together as a multi class championship didnt happen until much later. Paul Dumbrell was a top contender that season of Super2 still using the VE Commodore

No, Super2 and Super3 coming together as a multi class championship didnt happen until much later. Paul Dumbrell was a top contender that season of Super2 still using the VE Commodore
So one car was competitive with a far more experienced driver? From what I can tell on Wiki, that one car was also pantsed by the FG X's of Jack LeBroq and Garry Jacobsen.

Untitled.png

Last edited:
So one car was competitive with a far more experienced driver? From what I can tell on Wiki, that one car was also pantsed by the FG X's of Jack LeBroq and Garry Jacobsen.

View attachment 1397202

The FG Xs were top dog (given they are the most up to date machinery which I wonder how they were legal for Super2 when they were only 1 year old :lol:) but the Blueprints were still competitive, Taz Douglas also entered with a VE rounded up 5th.

The only complicated bit is which FGs were COTF and which ones were Blueprint as we dont have much info on that one.

I remember Pickford running brand new FG Xs in Super 2 that year and causing a bit of drama due to the aero evolution that had taken place between the FG, VE era and the FG X, VF era. It was rare that when anyone else won, it wasn't because of the FG Xs being caught up in accidents.

To the race, it honestly got to the point for me that I was hoping for no safety cars. The only things that made it better than last years race was that it was the fastest 1000 ever, neat record to break, and that it was won by Brodie and Todd. Fantastic for Brodie after the year he's had, and absolutely stoked for Todd. Had a hot lap with him around Phillip Island years ago while he was still in the Dunlop Series, both him and his family are as friendly as you can been, really goo people.

But yeah, the race was a stinker. Wouldn't have cared about there lack of SCs if there was at least some battles going on.

Back