2024 US Presidential Election Thread

• Thread starter ryzno
  • 3,776 comments
MAGA: Commie Kamala is a evil coward for ducking the press!

Also MAGA:

Screenshot_20241001-233835.png

Last edited:
Huh, seems like every problem in America is directly Kamala Harris' fault.
Just parroting his leader.

I mean, we're gonna try to say school shootings are an effect of the open border b/c it allows trafficked guns? JD should know better; the most deadly school shootings were legally purchased weapons, whether by the killers themselves, stolen from a relative, or purchased for them by someone else.

Ugh. So apparently Walz said that you can't yell fire in a crowded theater.

no-no-newspaper.gif
If he wanted to defend free speech, maybe should've brought up Trump attacking 1A through saying criticizing SC judges should be imprisonment, burning the flag should be a year in jail, or that media companies should have their licenses revoked for daring to attack him.

If he wanted to defend free speech, maybe should've brought up Trump attacking 1A through saying criticizing SC judges should be imprisonment, burning the flag should be a year in jail, or that media companies should have their licenses revoked for daring to attack him.
Jon Stewart specifically brought this one up as he even threatened late night comedians who criticised him. Walz should've mentioned all of this.

Last edited:
I thought everything was Joe Biden's fault??
Haven't you heard? Ever since Biden dropped out, it's actually the Vice President who controls the groceries, gas, energy, trades, war, etc. policies.

It's been harped so much, I've decided to just adopt their line of reasoning & believe all of Trump's "accomplishments" are actually Pence's.

For me it was "the rules were you guys weren't going to fact-check"
I stopped listening to that bit when he ranted on so long they yanked the mike on him. He sounded hellbent on unilaterally declaring TPS illegal to shore up his one-note immigrants-bad narrative.

Last edited:
Vance is a tool, and Walz is a good guy. But I think Vance and Walz will both keep it relatively tame. I think Vance can do a better job of staying on point than Trump, and Walz will not be anywhere near as adept as Kamala. Walz is a governor and teacher, but Kamala was a prosecutor. So I think it ends up much more even than Trump v. Harris.

I've definitely seen Walz get tripped up during speeches, and headlines are saying that he's already nervous. Vance is not going to come off as a human, but better than Trump almost for sure.

All of that being said, there is a huge difference between the two in terms of how relatable, genuine, and honest they are. So maybe Walz can just come off super friendly.
Walz didn't come off super friendly. I think that's about all I missed on.

Walz didn't come off super friendly. I think that's about all I missed on.
I thought it was notable how he went from this during Vance's vacillation:

Screenshot_20241002-152734.png

... to the friendly uncle of his practised closing speech which I guess he's expecting the news media to broadcast in isolation so people don't notice the change.

Last edited:
I thought it was notable how he went from this during Vance's vacillation:

View attachment 1393777

... to the friendly uncle of his practised closing speech which I guess he's expecting the news media to broadcast in isolation so people don't notice the change.

Mostly so far I've seen discussions of Vance "winning" which is annoying because whichever politician came off more polished is not necessarily the one that "wins" voters - so they should drop the whole win/lose narrative. I've also seen discussions of Vance trying to hold on to the thoroughly debunked 2020 "stolen election" nonsense, including fact checking and cut mics. And finally I've seen commentary on them saying they agree with each other a lot - which I think is an attempt by both sides to own a centrist label.

In the end, I don't think it matters much. Vance appearing slick is probably mostly off-putting. Walz looking disappointed most of the time didn't make him super likable either. I also doubt that the voters that were targeted were even watching. So mostly this was to make campaign ads out of, which Walz probably got the better of.

Vance is just a little better suited to stand behind a podium and be argumentative than Walz. Vance went to law school, Walz coached football. That's basically how it went in the debate too. I'm not sure how much the ability to be lawyerly in a debate is really even relevant these days. Walz is at home doing the donut buying puff piece, and Vance is at home being grilled on his lies wearing a suit.

Edit:

I guess one could argue that this is a criticism of Harris in her debate. But that's not at all how I'd characterize Harris's performance. Harris was a sharp prosecutor while Vance was playing slimy defense of a very very very guilty man.

Last edited:
Mostly so far I've seen discussions of Vance "winning" which is annoying because whichever politician came off more polished is not necessarily the one that "wins" voters - so they should drop the whole win/lose narrative.
It's easy to propagandise based on visuals alone. "We don't want you to watch so here's a funny pic." Turning the sound up revealed a different story to me and I guess also to a number of poll respondents.

Screenshot_20241002-165329.png

who-won-vp-debate.png

Last edited:
Back