• 4,184 comments

Have you voted yet?

• Yes

• No, but I will be

• No and I'm not going to

• I can't - I don't live in the US

• Other - specify in thread

Results are only viewable after voting.
Apparently, Ricky Martin & Bad Bunny reposted those "jokes" at their expense. I've never heard any of Bad Bunny's music, but I know he's got a following that could rival Swift's & he's huge in latino communities.

Edit* Rick ******* Scott tweeted how insulting it was. Puerto Ricans make up 5-6% of Florida's population, he likely has an understanding of the damage it could cause if Tony's "joke" turns them away from the GOP candidates.

Last edited:
What a pile of **** lowlife pussygrabber hitler impersonator grifter.

“They’re smart and they’re vicious, and we have to defeat them,” he said. “And when I say, ‘the enemy from within,’ the other side goes crazy. Becomes a sound – ‘oh, how can he say’ – no, they’ve done very bad things to this country. They are indeed the enemy from within.”

However, Trump still attempted to make his speech into a message of unity.

“The Republican party has really become the party of inclusion, and there’s something nice about that,” he said near the end of his remarks.
At least he got one thing right about us being smarter that the cultists.
Party of inclusion of fascists and racsist, yeah, that’s very nice indeed. If only we could include all of them and … give them a little taste of their own medicine.

Last edited:

There are about 6 million Puerto Ricans in the US. I hope they remember those words at the ballot box.

They likely will. Puerto Ricans are some of the most prideful people of their heritage that I know. There's always the joke of "how do you know if someone is Puerto Rican? Don't worry they'll tell you."
The only way either DC or PR would ever be admitted as new states would be if two states could be admitted, one conservative and one liberal, like we've typically done it. DC is obviously hard liberal but PR is right on the line and could go either way. Their hispanic roots tend to be a little conservative.

I doubt it - because they're probably too stupid to pull it off - but these offensive remarks could possibly be done on purpose, to push PR toward the Democrats, and if they accomplish that in their minds they're guaranteeing that PR - and more importantly DC - will never be admitte to the States. I could see PR having at least one Republican Senator and probably a couple Republican House members but would likely be blue come Presidential elections. Republicans are terrified of DC and PR statehood which is most of the reason it's never happened.

I mean, it would be funny if Florida switched blue but I can't see that happening.
Cuban-Americans are harder red than Appalachian snake worshippers @Omnis

Last edited:
Listened to more of the speech from trump today and he really dialed up the hate and racism to full blast today. Bringing back laws from 1798? Get ready for that? Oh boy, we’re really going back in time…

Media is the enemy? Yeah, they are to be honest, he may be right here. We still have Fox News existing somehow.

I am pleased to see at least one media outlet calling this out for what it is, fascist.

Huffpost is far from the greatest media outlet around, but on this they are 100% on the right side of history.

I really believe there are regular people who can’t wait to sign up to be his minions. The writer in the article above made good use of the Storm Trooper reference. Thing is, this is more like Spaceballs. Anyone can where the outfit and become instantly expendable. The redhats have gone from “make American great again” to “yes, my master.”

As with the UK election in July, there really are that many unpleasant people out there. It's a hard pill to swallow.

Back