500PP Racing Car Super Lap: Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca

• Thread starter nowcontrol
  • 521 comments
Holy crap, 19300, that's mental :eek: Could set my PS on fire lol.. and it will definitely ruin my Status favorite track (the Ring with 7880 honest kms). Maybe I will give it a try though, thanks anyway nowcontrol.
That's why I decided to focus on the other TT :D
First, I've already lost one PS3 doing the 24h endurance in gt5 (I don't know if it was a coincidence, but... )
Second, I've more than 5000 km at Nordschleife honestly driven, so why ruin this stat?

Last edited:
That's why I decided to focus on the other TT :D
First, I've already lost one PS3 doing the 24h endurance in gt5 (I don't know if it was a coincidence, but... )
Second, I've more than 5000 km at Nordschleife honestly driven, so why ruin this stat?
Lost one, that sucks..

I'm taking the risk ;) I'll drive the hybrid thing around different tracks (Daytona, Indy and Twin Ring). Will cost some more time but the Nürburgring statistic will remain that way I guess.

Why not? It's a 🤬 game :lol::gtpflag:
for the same reason why we want to improve our lap times or why we even torture the Toyota to do so :D : little pride of something simple as a personal achievement in a game

1000 miles per 7 hours is possible at Daytona if you get it to run at 1:02.5-6 laps, it's faster than Indy.

You need roughly 3900 miles / 6200km to reach 500pp but then you should be looking at double that for the lightest possible car that only requires +8x kg of ballast.

You can do it much quicker at Route X [nearly half the time] but it requires your input at each end for the turns so you would have to stay close to your PS3 to keep an eye on it for each time.

I still don't understand this:
do you mean you let the car run UNATTENDED (overnight?) @ Daytona or Indy?
I tried Indy but sooner or later you hit the wall which requires some steering = attention, no?
I tried to fix the wheel in straight position and let the car run, but it bumps so hard against the wall(s) that the FFB of wheel gets out of control (and I don't want to damage my steering wheel).
So I understand there is no way to let the car run unattended overnight and I have to sit by and really drive those 16.000 kms, right?
Or please, if I'm wrong and there is a way to let it eat up mileage unattended, then please let me know!
Thanks!

@EmaNymton I use the DS3 and fix the joystick with rubber bands: no steering straight but a little bit to the right, just slightly against the wall. Not too much to the right because of the loss of speed, but definitely not too little to the right, to avoid the car driving away from the wall and hitting it hard in the corners (possibly making it crash). Watch a few laps, adjust and you can let it run over night 👍

I still don't understand this:
do you mean you let the car run UNATTENDED (overnight?) @ Daytona or Indy?
YES. Daytona is 6-10 seconds a lap quicker than Indy.
I tried Indy but sooner or later you hit the wall which requires some steering = attention, no?
I tried to fix the wheel in straight position and let the car run, but it bumps so hard against the wall(s) that the FFB of wheel gets out of control (and I don't want to damage my steering wheel).
Don't use your wheel!
So I understand there is no way to let the car run unattended overnight and I have to sit by and really drive those 16.000 kms, right?
Or please, if I'm wrong and there is a way to let it eat up mileage unattended, then please let me know!
Thanks!
There is and it's really easy to do, just plug in your controller and use an elastic band on the right analog stick to hold it forward for full accel and use a small zip tie end slipped down the left hand side of the left stick just to hold a slight bit of right turn, and switch off the pads vibration so it does not shake loose.

Last edited:
@EmaNymton I use the DS3 and fix the joystick with rubber bands: no steering straight but a little bit to the right, just slightly against the wall. Not too much to the right because of the loss of speed, but definitely not too little to the right, to avoid the car driving away from the wall and hitting it hard in the corners (possibly making it crash). Watch a few laps, adjust and you can let it run over night 👍

YES. Daytona is 6-10 seconds a lap quicker than Indy.

Don't use your wheel!

There is and it's really easy to do, just plug in your controller and use an elastic band on the right analog stick to hold it forward for full accel and use a small zip tie end slipped down the left hand side of the left stick just to hold a slight bit of right turn, and switch off the pads vibration so it does not shake loose.

Okay, thanks to both of you!:bowdown:
I seem to have found a way to correctly fix my DS3 with rubber bands so the car keeps running @ Daytona.
But am I right if I say that there is no way to keep it from scratching along the walls in the 2 turns?
Poor TS030! :nervous:
But it somehow clears the walls between turns but of course hits them and scratches along them in the turns again, right?
I have stopped the time now and I need ~ 4 minutes (3:56) for 10 kms, so if I need 16.000 kms, that'll be 106 hours or
4 days and 10 hours! :banghead:
My goodness! :D

What lap times are you getting??

You should try to get it doing consistent laps of 1:02.5 with a bit of fine tuning on the steering, that would then take you only around 70 hours to hit the 16,000 km.

Yes it will bump around the turns on the wall but with the correct amount of steering angle it should move just a few feet from the wall going down the straights.
Without any steering angle it moves too far away by the end of the straight and will crash hard up the wall a few meters into the turn.

Last edited:
What lap times are you getting??

You should try to get it doing consistent laps of 1:02.5 with a bit of fine tuning on the steering, that would then take you only around 70 hours to hit the 16,000 km.

Yes will bump around the turns on the wall but with the correct amount of steering angle it should move a just few feet from the wall going down the straights.

I just checked (was already in bed... 2 a.m. here :D ) and my best lap was # 29 with 1:25,631.
But I'm content with this, I don't mind if I have to let it run 3 or 4 days... as long as it doesn't melt down my poor PS3! :nervous:
Maybe I have it set just a fraction too much to the right, but better than having it too much to the left (which I had on my 1st attempt),
So I'll see tomorrow (today) morning what I've got.
Thanks again! :bowdown:

Team America needs to step it's game up! I'm doing about all I can, clinging to the top 25 and sporting the patriotic avatar, but I know for a fact if I can be 20th with a 1:20.618, some Americans can do a lot better!
2016-09-26-17-54-28--147712644.jpg

Team America needs to step it's game up! I'm doing about all I can, clinging to the top 25 and sporting the patriotic avatar, but I know for a fact if I can be 20th with a 1:20.618, some Americans can do a lot better!
View attachment 590215
I can't do much more than 1:21.2 with the S2000. I don't have the time to grind a TS030 for dirty oil.

Latest Posts

Back