500PP Racing Car Super Lap: Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca

• Thread starter nowcontrol
  • 521 comments
1:22.5 in the Opera S2000 '04.... oh yeah! :D

This lap must have been magic! 👍 :bowdown:

Did you know that you are actually the fastest driver with the S2000, controller and automatic gears?! :cheers:

I'm happy that I could squeeze another tenth out of my own S2000 for a 1:22,895 and P165 at the moment - I'm using the controller and automatic gears, too, and it seems that I'm at P3 with our settings... - sometimes statistics feel so good...

Do you grind a Hybrid like seemingly the whole world or do you stay with the S2000?

Speaking of records, I just snuck past Nowcontrol (UK) and am 1st in Australia.

Now on 1:22.427 for pos #104 in the Opera S2000.

I always do better when I have someone to chase and I usually chase Doodles ghost, however couldn't do that this time as he isn't in the top 10 in the S2000, so when I was on 1:23.4 I thought that was around where I would be sitting for this one.
Then out of the blue Nowcontrol leapt ahead of me by nearly a full second. That was huge and I never figured I had a chance of even getting close to him.
Anyway I must thank Nowcontrol because if I never had his ghost to chase I'm sure I would never have improved to where I am now.

Last edited:
1.23:606 for P351......

Oh, and thanks Norm for not being interested in doing laps for 10+ days....appreciated....:D

image.jpeg

:D 👍

1.23:606 for P351......

Oh, and thanks Norm for not being interested in doing laps for 10+ days....appreciated....:D

View attachment 590926

:D 👍
phineas777 do you reckon you could possibly do the same? I was ahead of you now I'm chasing you, got down to 1.24.158 and every time I look you are going further ahead. I've been .7 up but my ghost flies past me at the corkscrew to the left hander after it no matter what I do. I think if you had a break it would do me real good.:cheers::mischievous:

Well, finally I managed to drive a new Toyota TS030 down some 14.000 kms to downgrade it to 500 PP's and only some ~ 90 kgs Ballast (thanks to @nowcontrol who gave me the hint how to do that unattended @daytona:

Unattended%20Mileage.jpg

The fastest lap so far @Laguna Seca was driven by Marc Gené om May 19th, 2012 at 1:05,786 during the "Ferrari Racing Days" in a Ferrari F2003-GA, the historic car with which Michael Schumacher won the F1-Season in 2003.
The official track-record of 1:07,722 was established during the CART-Season 2000, driven by Hélio Castroneves in a Penske.
So we are driving real slow here, even the best (currently @HansDampf912) is 11,826 seconds behind the official track record!
But that has to be seen in context with the ridiculous 500PP's restriction in this particular race!

And here's my current best lap ( 1:22,607 ) which made me proud #128 in the world (=0,182% of all Drivers):

Didn't stop the time as I did it not in 1 run, but I would guess something between 36 to 40 hours running unattended @ Daytona.
Nowcontrol gave me a special tune for the purpose, just like:
Tyres front: Comfort Hard (!!!), Rear: Racing Hard
Springs: set both levers to centre
Dampers: 6/5
6/5
ARB:6/5
Camber: 0/0
Toe: - 0,50/0,00
Top Speed: 340 Kilometers/hour
LSD: 60/60/5
Full power
No ballast
Downforce(s) : Minimum
He said lap-times @daytona should be ~ mid 1:02's, my best lap, however, was 1:03,471.
Now knowing the track-length and knowing the lap-times, one can approximately determin or calculate how long it may take to eat up 15.000 kms or so.
Lap-times deteriorated toward the end of the process to mid 1:04's btw.

As most of you are grinding your hybrids I took my S2000 for another ride, hoping to beat at least a few of those hybrids in front of me in the rankings... :D

Had a hell of a lap but lost 3 tenths :banghead: in the second-to-last turn - finally still improved 2 tenths to 1:22,685 and rank #138 at that moment. :cheers:

My own version of @mike_gt3's tune did it this time for me. 👍

Note: The following lap I came to the second-to-last turn with more than 3 tenths behind my ghost - no mistake this time - and finally crossed the line at 1:22,700... :eek: :dunce:
... but still happy! :cool:

As most of you are grinding your hybrids I took my S2000 for another ride, hoping to beat at least a few of those hybrids in front of me in the rankings... :D

Had a hell of a lap but lost 3 tenths :banghead: in the second-to-last turn - finally still improved 2 tenths to 1:22,685 and rank #138 at that moment. :cheers:

My own version of @mike_gt3's tune did it this time for me. 👍

Note: The following lap I came to the second-to-last turn with more than 3 tenths behind my ghost - no mistake this time - and finally crossed the line at 1:22,700... :eek: :dunce:
... but still happy! :cool:
I wish I could find 2 tenths - been grinding away at this for 2 weeks, and finally knocked 0.08 seconds off my time.......

Last edited:
I wish I could find 2 tenths - been grinding way at this for 2 weeks, and finally knocked 0.08 seconds off my time.......
Keep trying, [...] Keep going dude.

Felt like the same to me for a few days... :crazy:

Keep grinding! Certainly you can find something to optimize your tune - or where to drive better to your car... probably it's a mix of both! 👍

Edit:
But most important: Need a liitle bit of luck, too!!! ;)

Last edited:
Felt like the same to me for a few days... :crazy:

Keep grinding! Certainly you can find something to optimize your tune - or where to drive better to your car... probably it's a mix of both! 👍

Edit:
But most important: Need a liitle bit of luck, too!!! ;)
It's the same for me on all of the TTs - I can usually set a reasonable time within the first couple of days, and then find it difficult to beat it! Usually manage though to get into the top 250, but definitely won't with these two TTs.......

Keep trying, I also was a ''slow[[ drvier. Now I'm in the top 250 with every race car. Keep going dude.

When I make a 1:19 here, Please slap me in tha face to sure it be real.......
I usually manage top 250 Kossie (won't this time though), just find it difficult to find a faster laptime!

Last edited by a moderator:
It's the same for me on all of the TTs - I can usually set a reasonable time within the first couple of days, and then find it difficult to beat it!

This! But one have to mention that there is naturally not much room for improvement left at top 250 level... :P

:D :D

image.jpeg

Vastly new territory for me!

phineas777 do you reckon you could possibly do the same? I was ahead of you now I'm chasing you, got down to 1.24.158 and every time I look you are going further ahead. I've been .7 up but my ghost flies past me at the corkscrew to the left hander after it no matter what I do. I think if you had a break it would do me real good.:cheers::mischievous:

Sorry mate! Keep plugging away and that 0.7 will be yours!! The corkscrew is my biggest challenge too, followed by the first and last corners.

👍

Back